JC Resorts Employee Reviews

Interesting Paradox
Catering (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAApril 12, 2019
Overall I had an okay experience at JC Resorts. Some of the management is great as others are not. Most managers have worked here for 10 plus years and are very close, some are even married to each other!!! ( a BIG HR no- no at most companies) There is a handful of bitter older women that will make your life a unbearable if they decide they do not like you... and they will treat you terribly!! If you can steer clear of them you should have a rather pleasant experience.
Pros
Beautiful location right on the beach
Cons
Cliquie women/ parking is a HUGE issue, be prepared to walk long distances to and from your car/ No free coffee, you have to pay $1 per cup
Dysfunctional Management from the top down
Spa (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CADecember 14, 2018
This place had the most dysfunctional management I have ever had the misfortune to experience. Plus they do not go out of their way to support their staff.

A few are tattlers and run to HR virtually every time they are uncomfortable with anyone or anything. HR then hands out write ups like they are candy; without non biased examination of the complaint. I witnessed this happening six or eight times in my year working there. Lower management are afraid constantly for their jobs.

The property is lovely and the hotel and spa could be an awesome place to work if they changed management from the top down.

Aint gonna happen so I recommend beware.
Pros
Lovely property
Cons
Poor Management and favoritism
Very little direction
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 2, 2018
JC resorts offers free lunch but office culture is horrible. Not much to offer if you are educated as very little training and development.
Not much diversity
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Horrible offices
the enviroment is amazing. The hotel, restaraunt, and golf course worked so well together to make guests happy.
PURCHASING SUPERVISOR / STEWARDING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 22, 2018
if given the chance you can and will learn an immense amount of experience to better your career growth.

a typical day here, you will see guest happy from a great meal, a good game of golf, happy from a nice stay the hotel, or extremely happy from a successful wedding.
Not too Bad.
Satisfied Employee (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 20, 2018
Pechanga recently bought TCI and I think it will be a better place to work. Hopefully there will be improved benefits and pay for deserving and dedicated staff.
Social and great benefits
Golf Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CAFebruary 25, 2018
Great company to work for with great benefits. Different challenges everyday. Learned how to be very patient and attentive. Fun environment to be in. Flexible hours.
Pros
discounted golf and 401K
Cons
hard to get tee times
Great summer job
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAFebruary 24, 2018
I worked the events here for a summer. The shifts are long but there is a lot of free time. All of the staff is amazing and it is honestly just a really fun job. Plus the tips are great.
JC Resorts
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2018
JC Resorts offered a great platform to get introduced to the food and beverage industry. JC Resorts is a five-star hospitality chain. I worked in Splashes Restaurant in Surf and Sand Hotel. The workplace was a brilliant environment for employees and guests.
Enjoyable workplace
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Provided guest assistance with luggage, transportation, and miscellaneous needs while working closely with the front desk staff and hotel management. Management is helpful and job is fun.
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2018
it was a good company to work for. fun friendly environment. great location. you were given a discount for all jc resort golf courses, so awesome if you like to golf
fast pace, have good benefits overall its a good company
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 25, 2017
it a fast paces, need to have good customer service, be able to solve problems in a daily basis, need to have good communication skills with team members
Pros
benefits, 401k, free lunch, approve for time off if its vacation or emergency, vacation are paid and sick days as well, holidays if work are double pay
Cons
favoritism, no set schedule, runs low on items, not that good communication from managment to employees, constently changing schedule through out the week
Rewarding but busy
General Manager (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 12, 2017
It has always been my passion to work in hospitality and create an experience for guests that will be memorable. That's exactly what I have done the past 13 years at JC Resorts. I have held many roles in multiple departments but we all know that working in hotels can be demanding. I am not leaving JC Resorts because the work/life balance isn't perfect, that's what we sign up for in Hospitality Management.
Productive, committed, and friendly
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 29, 2017
Working for JC Resorts, I have learned about what it means to be dedicated to your work. I witnessed my fellow co workers go above and beyond to make sure the guests are at the up-most satisfied. I learned what the importance of team work is, and what it means to be attentive towards the guests' needs. I am grateful to have been there and to have had the opportunity to learn as much as I did from the wonderful and incredibly patient staff.
Pros
Great training, great staff
Opportunity
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 23, 2017
The money was great and the hours were perfect. If I had the chance to go back and become permanent I'd take it easily! Hours went by fast and theirs always something to do. Management was a poor. I believe there are new managers, so things should be different. Make sure you have a car for this job, because being late is not tolerable for any job you want. Be professional. Be consistent. Be a hard-worker and you could move up and to different locations.
Pros
pay
Cons
managment
Terrible Management
hospitality (Former Employee) –  Laguna BeachMay 26, 2017
Worked here for just under a year. I was thrilled initially but the longer I was there the more favoritism and gossip I saw run the company. The supervisors are afraid for their jobs, the staff run to HR at the drop of a hat and write ups are handed out like candy without truly growing their staff by support and positive feedback.

It could be a great place but leadership needs to be replaced.
Pros
beautiful location
Cons
management, horrible lunchroom
Great Place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2017
Great place for starting job. Friendly and fun environment and a great experience to learn how to provide a great customer service to family, friends and guests.
Great workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  North Redington Beach, FLMay 16, 2017
Great people to work for and good atmosphere love the owners and guest that stay beautiful property right on The beach great housekeeping depart and maintenance love the property
Pros
401k plan
Cons
No health care
Safe, clean environment with fun people.
Server/Bartender, Snack Cart Attendant (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CAApril 18, 2017
Fun environment to work in. Can be stressful at times during the busy season. Communication could be a little better. Golf course views are spectacular. The benefits are wonderful.
Pros
free food, free golf, pro shop discounts
Great Stepping Stone
Rancho Bernardo Inn- Reservation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed my bosses, but the "family" business started to feel very corporate. There was a lot of nitpicking in terms of phone calls. It was a great starter job and the benefits were awesome. Perks were amazing.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
little reprimand for people that deserve it.
Managers
Room Server (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92128December 15, 2016
some managers throughout our property seemed to not be qualified for the job they were assigned. the environment was very friendly.