JC Resorts Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
the enviroment is amazing. The hotel, restaraunt, and golf course worked so well together to make guests happy.
PURCHASING SUPERVISOR / STEWARDING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 22, 2018
if given the chance you can and will learn an immense amount of experience to better your career growth.

a typical day here, you will see guest happy from a great meal, a good game of golf, happy from a nice stay the hotel, or extremely happy from a successful wedding.
JC Resorts
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAFebruary 9, 2018
JC Resorts offered a great platform to get introduced to the food and beverage industry. JC Resorts is a five-star hospitality chain. I worked in Splashes Restaurant in Surf and Sand Hotel. The workplace was a brilliant environment for employees and guests.
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2018
it was a good company to work for. fun friendly environment. great location. you were given a discount for all jc resort golf courses, so awesome if you like to golf
fast pace, have good benefits overall its a good company
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 25, 2017
it a fast paces, need to have good customer service, be able to solve problems in a daily basis, need to have good communication skills with team members
Pros
benefits, 401k, free lunch, approve for time off if its vacation or emergency, vacation are paid and sick days as well, holidays if work are double pay
Cons
favoritism, no set schedule, runs low on items, not that good communication from managment to employees, constently changing schedule through out the week
Rewarding but busy
General Manager (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 12, 2017
It has always been my passion to work in hospitality and create an experience for guests that will be memorable. That's exactly what I have done the past 13 years at JC Resorts. I have held many roles in multiple departments but we all know that working in hotels can be demanding. I am not leaving JC Resorts because the work/life balance isn't perfect, that's what we sign up for in Hospitality Management.
Productive, committed, and friendly
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 29, 2017
Working for JC Resorts, I have learned about what it means to be dedicated to your work. I witnessed my fellow co workers go above and beyond to make sure the guests are at the up-most satisfied. I learned what the importance of team work is, and what it means to be attentive towards the guests' needs. I am grateful to have been there and to have had the opportunity to learn as much as I did from the wonderful and incredibly patient staff.
Pros
Great training, great staff
Opportunity
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 23, 2017
The money was great and the hours were perfect. If I had the chance to go back and become permanent I'd take it easily! Hours went by fast and theirs always something to do. Management was a poor. I believe there are new managers, so things should be different. Make sure you have a car for this job, because being late is not tolerable for any job you want. Be professional. Be consistent. Be a hard-worker and you could move up and to different locations.
Pros
pay
Cons
managment
Terrible Management
hospitality (Former Employee) –  Laguna BeachMay 26, 2017
Worked here for just under a year. I was thrilled initially but the longer I was there the more favoritism and gossip I saw run the company. The supervisors are afraid for their jobs, the staff run to HR at the drop of a hat and write ups are handed out like candy without truly growing their staff by support and positive feedback.

It could be a great place but leadership needs to be replaced.
Pros
beautiful location
Cons
management, horrible lunchroom
Great Place to work.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2017
Great place for starting job. Friendly and fun environment and a great experience to learn how to provide a great customer service to family, friends and guests.
Great workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  North Redington Beach, FLMay 16, 2017
Great people to work for and good atmosphere love the owners and guest that stay beautiful property right on The beach great housekeeping depart and maintenance love the property
Pros
401k plan
Cons
No health care
Safe, clean environment with fun people.
Server/Bartender, Snack Cart Attendant (Current Employee) –  Encinitas, CAApril 18, 2017
Fun environment to work in. Can be stressful at times during the busy season. Communication could be a little better. Golf course views are spectacular. The benefits are wonderful.
Pros
free food, free golf, pro shop discounts
Great Stepping Stone
Rancho Bernardo Inn- Reservation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed my bosses, but the "family" business started to feel very corporate. There was a lot of nitpicking in terms of phone calls. It was a great starter job and the benefits were awesome. Perks were amazing.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
little reprimand for people that deserve it.
loved my co-works just like family
Lead Server Banquets (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 24, 2016
I worked at TCI property in the banquets department as a server. I loved going to work every day. The team work was awesome.
So if your thinking of applying with JCResorts, GO FOR IT!!!

With all due Respect,
former BANQUET SERVER at TCI
Pros
awesome co=workers
Cons
money and management
not a very good work place
Housekeeper, Maid (Former Employee) –  Redington Beach, FLJuly 26, 2016
I was working there since I was 15 i liked it at first because it was a job but the longer I was there I started become very unhappy people where mean there pay wasn't good asked for raise got laughed at for asking I even went to different prosperity they own and worked when asked I thought I deserved one I was just very unhappy there and I want to love coming to my job and be treated right and do good by and I wasn't
Pros
no pros
Cons
a lot of cons managers not very nice or friendly
SECURITY:::::Does not support you or your efforts. Poor management..
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAMay 17, 2016
I was set up with an accommodation for a disability by one manager, but was fired by by the next for using that accomodation. That fool lasted two months while i am still fighting to get my unemployment.
The attrition rate for security is very high. They cut my hours ans had expected the same levels of work performed. Security there is treated no better than a McDonald worker. They will also dock any raises from mistakes made early in training. Skin flints, not motivating at all.
Pros
Working with staff in other departments.
Cons
Management management management. Bugs in staff cafe!
Great Company
Lead Barista (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAApril 27, 2016
Enjoyed the environment and the employees.
I learned how to lead a team and maintain exceptional customer service skills at all times.
Productive Place to work. Great people to work with.
General Cashier/Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  45501 Rainbow Canyon Road, Temecula Ca 92592April 11, 2016
I learned so much in the first few years. The people at Temecula Creek Inn, and Rancho Bernardo Inn were so helpful in teaching and working with me. My co workers were both demanding that my jobs got done on time and very considerate and helpful if I needed help. Learning new things and ways was difficult, but also kept the job moving forward.
Pros
Great people to work with, free lunches, enjoy my job learned lots
Hostile work environment, favoritism, horrible management
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAOctober 29, 2015
The review advice about trying to pull this place out of ruin fits my experience. I have never seen so many fired in any business in my life (38 yrs old).

If you bring something up honestly to help them they brush it off saying its just your opinion.

The lunchroom is disgusting as is the slop they serve the employees. They let the smokers smoke on the sidewalk near the employee entrance...also disgusting to walk through to get to work. That same area is filthy as is the employee restroom. Alot of areas are dirty in employee areas, showing their lack of care for their staff.

Favoritism keeps the favorites out of the line of fire while they get away with unorofessional behavior while others are fired for practically nothing. Truly.

Be hired here at your own risk. Good luck.
Pros
Beautiful location
Cons
Great vibe with amazing co workers.
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laguna Beach, CAOctober 26, 2015
Amazing benefits from free food to vacation days. only complaint I ever had was the management team which they always found a way to mess something up rather than fix it.
Pros
Free lunch, vacation, vibe
Cons
management, size
Mismanaged
Security (Current Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAApril 21, 2015
This company and property appear very grand from the outside. However I have personally seen a complete turn over in HR, Front Desk, Bell/Valet staff, and several other departments within the property. These individuals all quit they were not fired. If you are a supervisor level or above and you put in your two weeks notice, be prepared for that to be your last day and escorted off the site by security as if you were a common criminal. I have personally had to do this for fantastic employees who only found a better job offer.

Management is very poor starting from the top. The current GM has no interest in being on site and you can find him at any local hockey event. The majority of management beneath is under-qualified and incompetent. Managers of any talent generally stay here less than a year. Guests have asked on multiple occasions if all of our management is stupid or new.

Multiple heath and safety code violations are ignored or brushed under the rug. The cafeteria that offers free lunch consistently serves food in the danger zone and has made hundreds of employees sick. The outdated buildings can barely be held together from the overworked/understaffed Engineering department. Please exercise caution when using any equipment here (golf carts, scissor lift) as they have not been properly fixed or maintained in over 6 years. Coincidentally the same time the GM came to the property.

The lower level employees that keep this place running are a blast to work with though. Seriously, some awesome people do work here and keep the place afloat. Sadly they're
  more... all kept in minial positions so the boat doesn't rock.  less
Pros
working employees
Cons
free lunches, high turn over, lack of passion from management