JPMorgan Chase & Co

United States16,780 reviews

Found 16,780 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,514 reviews
jpmorganjpmorganjpmcbankingbankjpmmortgage

a good place to learn

a good place to work vibrant people and a conducive environment. nice management, its a place to learn a lot of things and you sure would get better. i enjoyed working there a lot..

Pros

always jobs

Cons

long break

Having the JPMC Brand Name on your resume will open doors

Being one of the oldest and biggest banks and having the JPMC name on your resume will help you get better jobs in your career which is why there is a lot of turnover on people coming and mostly going.

JPMorgan Chase & Co insights

Based on 5,095 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great place to work, but work could overwhelm you some times.

I'm glad working for a reputable company like JPMC. So far, Chase is the biggest bank, & perhaps it is a best bank in the states. There are a lot people use Chase for everyday banking. That means there are a lot opportunities. However, it also depends on the branch's location. Some branches have more foot traffics than the others. As for bankers, you are in high demand. People came to you not only just opening accounts, but also for various problems and doing notary. There is opportunity as well. How to build a last relationship with those customers is a key. Sometimes, the branch is short staffed. & The amount of works could overwhelm you. Just take it easy and follow your schedule. Also, your teammates are your back up. So, please treat your colleagues well.

Pros

Health insurance, 401-K, other work benefits

Cons

short lunch break

A great place to work

A great place to work. The people were the best some are like family now. No place is perfect, there were ups and downs but I am happy to have been with Chase.

Mortgage department stale

The mortgage department is really stale. The work becomes stale after a month. Only good position to hold is an underwriter position. Processors receive so much flak from Quality Control when most of QC has no clue what they are doing. Training is all over the place, you get some people really good at their job and others who have no clue. The trainers never hold the role and just train based off procedures. I came onboard as a consultant and contract, they never offered me a full time employment noir the opportunity to go full time in another department. Really clicky and seen a lot of great talent let go because of politics.

Management was chaos

Management was absolute chaos. Went through multiple managers and market directors in 2 years. Went 8 months without management. Turn over was extremely high. Always working with people who have no clue what they’re doing. Promotions given to undeserving and unqualified individuals. Expect your coworkers to call out half their scheduled shifts and nothing to be done about it.

Not a good company for long time career

Pay and benefits good. Very stressful job. Not very family friendly company. Promotions given by who you know not what your knowledge is. Beware if you stay for long time they will let you go if they think you will cost them a lot in retirement package. Worked 34 years let go 1 year before full retirement package would have been given. Ask other employees with years of service .they will tell you the same. They do not really care about employees . Would not recommend them as a career path.

Pros

Good pay and benefits

Cons

Not a long time career employer

I loved my coworkers

I loved my coworkers, we got decent raises but it was to go along with the rise in everything else, you get benefits even if your part time & get to participate in employee stock purchases, 401K & you get a decent amount of time off except for sick or personal time especially if you are a single parent. If you are a single parent with limited help the time off is a joke & once you go through that they hold every minute against you no matter what even if you try to give a doctor's note they will not take it. I did learn a lot of new skills working here. I did also learn exactly how petty they were as well. Things you think that shouldn't or should be done aren't, you can get in trouble for the most ridiculous things & instead of just being shown what you did wrong & how to do it right, you get verbal warnings or written up or terminated. When I say ridiculous things I mean the way logs are filled out (like with an explanation on what you were doing & it wasn't actually needed) or if you go over what you have access to & you fumble your words or mess up. If you are involved in anything that requires "HR" to investigate the situation don't expect it to be in a timely manner, you can still get canned for incidents that happened 8 months ago. The pay stubs are some of the worst I've seen, I have never worked anywhere that has had a pay stub like they do. They constantly show hours you are getting paid for but then they take hours away & say that it was done for book keeping or that there was an alteration made on your time sheet. I did have some of the best clients working here. -

Pros

Coworkers were great, nice clients, decent wage

Cons

Managers don't care about you, higher ups don't care about you, the advancement rate isn't good, very petty about things

it was a great environment

manager was super flexible and nice, all associates were nice, basic duties as an AB and i would recommend this position to anything looking go start out in banking.

Micromanagers, Toxic Work Environment, Low Pay, High Stress

Upper, middle, and lower management are in a constant battle to make their direct reports feel miserable through constant meetings, micromanagement, and a culture that only rewards 'brown-nosers' that make you question your ability to perform mundane, common-sense tasks.Bonus benchmarks are constantly changing to remove payouts or make reaching bonuses more difficult.Management claims to be completely 'transparent', but they lie to employees in the masses by inflating numbers and misinterpreting survey results.Internal promotions are capped at 20% more than your current salary even if offered a role that onboards new employees at a much higher minimum. Upward movement is severely limited.Creativity and personal independence is against company culture. They do not want you to be able to think outside-the-box, they want you to be a mindless drone that has no emotion, reciting the same awful catchphrases to every client.You are a number to this company and they do not care about you. Steer clear.

Great place for growth

A busy atmosphere. The coworkers I had were wonderful and helped each other.Great environment for growth if you put in the work. Hiring process to about 3 weeks

Productive and career building workplace

Great company and always willing to help you grow. It’s a company that the network is incredible and the people are welcoming. It had coffee and tea available.

Pros

Growth

Cons

Time management

CEO gets a $52M annual bonus, but mine went down

Positive: The workforce they hire is more often world-class than otherwise. People are generally encouraging and dedicated to solving problems.Negative: Getting to the next level or increasing compensation is exceedingly difficult, requiring an employee to put in a ton of time and effort for a slim chance to be rewarded. The firm seems to have a prerogative to keep workforce costs down, so you’ll often see new jobs, recent vacancies, and even promotion opportunities get outsourced when possible. I’m highly suspicious directors get a bonus or points in their favor for reducing headcount spend without losing productivity. They’ll also pit competition between employees when it comes down to why you or the other person receive lacking compensation growth. Tons of stress across the team, and multiple people are gonna be “losers” when it comes to raises. The turnover rate is daunting across most teams I talk to which just makes it worse when work is newly dispersed frequently across the people left. If you can get paid more somewhere else, do yourself a favor and take it - this place deserves no one’s loyalty.

The company is good overall depending on the group your assigned to. Great benefits

It's a good company, however, they need to work on work /balance and be more open to remote work. As with most large companies, too much politics and bureaucracy

Benefits

Cons

Low pay compared to peer companies

Productive place to work

Overall a good experience. I retired in 2016 after 10 years of service. I worked with people that helped me when needed. My overall experience was good.

Overall a subpar experience

The greatest issue Chase has is staffing. They understaff their locations & expect employees to remain with the company. You get a yearly raise after review from your boss however the raise is only 2-3%; which is a slap in the face after work basically by yourself for a year. Plenty of days I didn’t get a break or my break was interrupted due to the lack of staff. There are opportunities for advancement however you have to be with the company for roughly two years to even be considered. The great part about Chase is upon leaving you can get another job in banking almost immediately.

Great pay

The pay was exceptional but there was a lack of communication with management and relaying this information to the employees. This was a new position and the training was very frustrating mainly because I believe the trainers were trying to figure it out as we went along.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Stressful

Excellent Company

There is an excellent training program. The benefits that are offered are very good. It is extremely diversified. The pay and work life balance are top notch.

Pros

Pay, benefits, work life balance, great working environment

Cons

Position/employee reduction

Managers are terrible

Managers don’t care about work life balance of their employees. They would just rather fire you. Their training system is terrible and i would Not recommend

Good benefits

Overall, I like the company. They have been very flexible with me after I’ve had my 3rd baby. I dislike the working ever other Saturday though. Maybe like once a month would be nice.

JPM was a great place to work. Wouldn't have left if the site didn't shut down. There was always a lot of work, management was very supportive, we had an amazing culture.

Common questions about JPMorgan Chase & Co

Answered by current and former employees at JPMorgan Chase & Co

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase & Co. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Powered byComparably

Compare JPMorgan Chase & Co with

• JPMorgan Chase & Co
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?