JPMorgan Chase & Co

United States16,805 reviews

Found 16,805 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,544 reviews
jpmorganjpmorganjpmcbankingbankjpmmortgage

a good place to learn

a good place to work vibrant people and a conducive environment. nice management, its a place to learn a lot of things and you sure would get better. i enjoyed working there a lot..

Pros

always jobs

Cons

long break

Great benefits. Helpful managers and fun workplace. s

Great place to work with excellent benefits. Managers are open and approachable. They celebrate employees. Very diverse workforce and there is inclusion. Great CEO.

Pros

Great benefits, inclusive workforce

Cons

At will employees

JPMorgan Chase & Co insights

Based on 5,138 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Cool culture and great benefits

They really try to help you become better and understand your career path. Everyone is nice. The only reason I left is due to JPM not offering the job I wanted in my area.

restricted to cubicle environment and limited visibility toward any career advancement.

I came to this Co. with six years of prior experience in a similar position in (2) other Banks, at which I was actually considered an Officer. (AVP level) Both Banks needed, valued and respected the opinion of my professional license, and the +/- 25 years of experience. My resume' was clear, honest and fully verified and I thought after two interviews, the job would be a good fit for both parties. After a short orientation period it became obvious that the Brokers of these construction loans knew nothing about their product and preferred to keep it that way. I thought the position was to filter incoming info thru an experienced Construction Manager's view, but the established brokerage environment really wasn't interested. So, restricted to a cubicle and to the clerical inputting of incoming info onto outgoing forms for the next cubicle to input on their forms, etc, etc. I lasted the year... was invited to leave... and I accepted. By the way, the 2nd floor cafeteria was exceptional... the view from the 44th flr. was spectacular and the occasional "Good Morning" from Jamie Diamond in the elevator was very nice.

Good Management and great benefits

Friendly environment. You have great support from management. Great benefits. Peers are supportive. Good learning experience. Workplace culture is diverse.

More marketing then anything

Job was originally ok in the beginning but we slowly became more or a marketing team than anything. With higher rates the calls became worse and worse. Also personally I think my direct manager was pretty bad

Great place to learn about financial service industry.

Overall, Chase is a great employer but little things here and there can be improved. It's a great place to learn about the financial service industry & room for growth. That room for growth is only there if you're willing to challenge yourself to learn & grow. Like any job, you can't succeed without putting in effort.The pay is average compared to other institutions & pay structure can often change. Your work atmosphere will largely depend on your manager. If you get lucky with a great manager, work can be pleasant or bearable. The company & upper management stresses work life balance, however, you may often encounter difficulty getting time off based on branch dynamics. Sometimes you might even feel guilty for taking time off because it's one of those situations where if one man is out, the whole team is affected.Other than that, it will definitely provide you the training & experience you need to excel if you decide to head somewhere else.

Bright and enthusiastic leaders & co workers. Wonderful on going education. Sound and logical best practices.

Thoroughly enjoyed the uplifting and respectful environment. Work life balance with constant growth and opportunity. Can not say enough good things about Chase. Would highly recommend for career building and advancement. Routine is followed and no exceptions to doing the right thing consistently and with support & confidence.

Solid company lacking an HR service to support the Employee needs

You'll be challenged, and work hard, will be paid ok. About HR servicing your needs, do not expect it - they do not service your average/normal requests, and leave you in dire need, to face problems. Management does not face HR to make then do 'their work', they can't. There is a certain fear, concern, angst against asking HR to do 'their job right'. When you ask them to fix issues, and follow up, they just dump your request and leave you hung up. All said 100% honestly.

Great management

Love working here. The work culture and environment supports growth and learning. Have worked here for 11 years now and things have only gotten better

Terrible work place

Managers don’t care. Customers are rude. Your playing politics just to get a .50 raise. Look elsewhere and don’t let the sugar coating keep you there. It was terrible working for market expansion

Great Benefits

Enjoyed my time at JP Morgan Chase. Will seek to work there again in the future. Great people to work with management is tough but fair. Great vacation time and overtime is usually available.

Workplace is So-So

It feels like management has 1 bad supervisor. We are happy when this person is off during the week. We celebrate when this person goes on vacation. First shift and second shift don't like this person. There is rude language, judgement, favoritism, bias, attitude and unsaid discrimination. We must perform to strict production and quality standards so to deal with this almost everyday is awful. The company hasn't done anything because this person is very manipulative. Also, contingent workers are excluded from non-business events like eating cake and having fun outside. They are also not included in cultural educational activities. Inclusive? It is not. Higher management has never performed lockbox remittance processing and probably could not meet or sustain productivity standards yet they make employees do.

Pros

The people are great.

Cons

Nobody wants to come to work. Super high turnover rate.

Depends on the branch/branch manager

Depending on your location and branch manager it's a good place to work. Some branch managers have no leadership training and treat employees horribly. Sometimes they call other branch managers to gossip about employees. Two gossiped so bad one employee was not able to grow with the company. Training is not efficient. Customers are awful in some locations and you're not able to defend yourselves. Some branch managers won't even have your backs. Debends on the branch.

Great place to gain professional experience

They were flexible with school schedule and the compensation is not bad. Training and management needs some improvement. Lots of information to absorb and learn. Workplace culture was very inclusive. Customers can be very rude and confrontational as well.

Not just the largest bank of US, but a tech company

Forward thinking from both business and technology perspectiveTakes care of employeesFun place to workInvests in people and technologyContributes back to community

Associate Banker

There very flexible with schedules, three weeks vacation after 90 days. Raises once a year. It’s very hard to become full time. It’s even more difficult to get promoted with in. Managers have to give you the approval and if they don’t like you well your consider stuck. Many empty promises made by managers. Even if you do everything your supposed to do. I came to chase thinking I had an equal opportunity but I was clearly wrong. Unless your the managers favorite you won’t be moving up. It’s very disappointing.

Great training; poor management.

It felt like being a car salesperson because they heavily pushed quota. There was a script that had to be followed with every customer that walked in and it was horrible. People don't want you to sell them things, they come into the bank already knowing what they need.

Pros

Great co workers

Cons

Management. Felt like a sales person.

Benefits

The only good thing is the benefits isn't bad but home life they really don't care. They have you working all holidays and 10 hours days. Then un like most jobs out there you have to bid on shifts. I'm not used to that. This is why they have a big turn over. There isn't anywhere to go in this company to be off the phones. If I knew what I knew doing the interview I never would have left my last job. Now I have to look for something else.

Benefits

Cons

Work every holidays. And can't get help with your questions when you ask.

Chaotic and out of control

Completely understaffed. Locations have one to two bankers (tellers not included) to handle all of the workload. Expected to handle every customer issue, hold 8 meetings a day, and cold call

Great place

Lots of finance. Decent pay. Long work hours. Lots of churn for small processes is biggest drawback. Doing software at a bank though? Go to tech!!!!!!!

Common questions about JPMorgan Chase & Co

Answered by current and former employees at JPMorgan Chase & Co

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase & Co. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Powered byComparably

Compare JPMorgan Chase & Co with

• JPMorgan Chase & Co
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?