JPMorgan Chase & Co

Relationship Banker83 reviews
United States83 reviews

Found 83 reviews matching the searchSee all 17,360 reviews

Ok place to work

Can be good or bad. Depends on the management you get. If your manager is not good and DM not supportive you will be miserable. The benefits and compensation were competitive.

Development

If your serious about this job you could develop very well. Lots of benefits. Lot of sales are needed and as well as calling. Pay is decent. If you have a good team it will be easier.

Pros

Development

JPMorgan Chase & Co insights

Based on 4,756 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Great training you can take anywhere, easy systems to work on

Learned alot and provided great tools to grow my skills, that I could take anywhere.Easy system to work onUpper management can make or break your experienceInstead of seeing an individuals strenght and building on it they prefer performance and grade on one size fits all.

Pros

Good benefits Easy systems to work on

Cons

Lower pay then other banks, so you really hustle to make more money, and grow their business which creates a stressful work environment.

Great team

I work with a great team. The technology is advanced. The compensation could be better.The company focuses too much on outbound phone calls. I personally have more success with the walk in clientele. Very metric oriented.

Great entry, rough career

Working at Chase should be looked at like working a fast food job. While appealing and comfortable, the longer you're there, the worse it gets. My initial run with Chase was ok. It was my first sales job and you get involved with the razzle dazzle. After a while, the shine fades and you're left with some sobering facts.1. You're not going far in this company without knowing people. You can be absolutely atrocious at your job, but if you know the right people, you're in.2. Meritocracy means nothing. I was always asked "what have you done for me lately?" Accomplishments are fleeting and mean little to nothing in the wide scope. 3. Management doesn't care or want to be there. Some of the older managers are there for a check. 4. Pay raises are hard fought. You can end up #1 in every category and you're told you need to sell more to get your raise.While I believe good people work there, the system is ultimately flawed.

Pros

Extensive training, up to date technology, access to multiple products

Cons

Lack of pay increases, poor management structure, lack of growth without nepotism

It's a woke company with low pay comparable to other banks

Let me start by saying the benefits are well above average comparable to other companies. However pay is just above the prevailing minimum wage and is getting worse. If you are the kind of person that is the teacher's pet you'll go far. Performance is not synonymous with advancement. Not a bad place to be to start, but not a good place to be long term. If you're a minority you'll go alot farther or part of the LGBTQXYXABCP+ community, you'll fit right in. If your pronouns are known only to people over the age of 40, you probably won't fit in as well.

Love it!

Working for this company has truly been incredible coming from a financial institution like Wells Fargo and coming to Chase has truly been night and day. I love coming to work everyday and helping my clients!

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Short breaks

When Not doing customer service tasks You must make cold calls and try to solicit financial products

When you work six days a week odd hours that don’t line up with your schedule as well as Saturdays when you first start out, If you do not start making sales and referrals right away you will end up resigning because you won’t make any money and have to look for a new job. Management will keep on you to make cold calls all day every day and then they record them and make sure you make at least 100 a day and set 4appointments a day.

Cons

Long commute, many branches, retail banking transactions customers in and out not time for selling financial services, fees not competitive with other brokerages

Great people, managment is all numbers driven when they claim theyre not.

Would recommend looking at a credit union, if youre trying to break into banking, benefits will be better and treated more like a human. You can go above and beyond for the market as a whole, but if your sales numbers arent perfect they will ignore everything else youve done when its time to move up and youve mastered youre role.

Pros

Great resume booster, the people are fantastic below management

Cons

Say theyre employee obsessed, but will try to make employees stay at locations with no water or bathrooms, Bait and switched salary to commision for sales people, Feels very much like youre just a number, Preach a lot about treating people right actions dont back it up most times.

Great place to work when have a solid team

Great place to work- at the end of the day, it all depends on who you’re working with and whose looking out for you. Pay is not too bad— not too much direct sell pushing like other banks… but you still have to perform. Culture is great!

Cons

Always changing incentives

Great coworkers, day to day isn’t for everyone due to burnout

Potential for more earnings but depending on location will be based more off of outbound phone calls. Job can be stressful at times with a lot of changing of expectations with little to no communication prior to this. Co workers are great and supportive.

Sales sales sales

They don't actually care about people. They care about closing on sales. How much are people worth. No loyalty. Doesn't matter how good you were last month, this is a new month.

Benefits are good

Your experience will honestly depend on what manager you work under. Sometimes you get lucked out and you get a good one and other times you get a manager that doesn’t care or do their job. Overall is a great company with great culture and benefits

Pros

Vacation time

Cons

Bad management

Average banking experience

The people were the best part of my day. Face to face interaction will help you grow in confidence to speak to others. Especially in a retail banking environment. Same thing over and over day to day though. Not too exciting but great name to put on resume. Benefits are better than most but pay could use some boosting. Overall pretty good experience and I worked with some great people.

Amazing place to work. Staff really cares and does everything to help advance you in your career. Pays for SIE, Series 6, and Series 63. If you don’t like sales you can pretty much write your ticket anywhere with these!

Pros

Great commissions

Cons

No paid lunch

Could have been so much better.

I went through two bum managers before I finally hit jackpot with the third. Bank branches are always understaffed. I actually live near the branch I used to work at and it took COVID for the branch to get a security guard...ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF CHICAGO.

Pros

Coworkers try

Cons

Customer surveys

Bad Management

The company and management does not care about their employees. They do nothing but severely Micromanage you and every aspect of everyone's jobs, which is counter productive for any sales person. They constantly cut commission structure and do not give any raises for bankers. Its a good company to work for if your an order taker. Just to put in prospective how much the company values its employees, for Christmas the company has a 11$ budget for each employee for dinner. If your meal exceeds that you must pay out of pocket for the difference, Considering the company is earning Multi-Billion-dollar profits every quarter, the company wont even pay for a full meal for Christmas. It really shows how much the company values it's employees and is an embarrassment on their end.

Pros

-Good 401k and pension match

Cons

-Health insurance deductibles are high -Free Lunch once or twice a year. -Micromanagement

Great job to work at.

Very good benefits! I feel a sense of purpose here and the management works with us to help us succeed. The job rewards competitive spirit with incentives.

Paid well, great benefits, before Obamacare at least, 3 weeks vacation from the start. Pretty good culture.

Liked the culture, high expectations for my position but bonuses were good. Suit and tie got old for me but understand why. Great training and they seem to hire people with good attitudes and work ethics. Great people, loved most all of them.

Pros

Every national holiday off, pretty relaxed atmosphere, back office call help for any need or unusual circumstance.

Cons

Have to wear chase shirt, coat and tie.

Good company but not the best to work for

JPMorganChase is a great company. They offer many benefits but they are too big. It’s just a different culture at a big bank like chase is. Management is not the greatest. It is a very fake like environment.

Pros

Benefits, pay

Cons

Micromanage

This is for RB position

JP Morgan is a major financial institution with many different divisions and departments. So your experience very much is based on a division (consumer banking), branch and location. The community plays a huge role with respect to your day-to-day perception of the role. They are your regular walk-in customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase & Co. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

61%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss