JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Corporate enviorment, fast paced
CSPC Lock Box Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2018
Fast paced corporate environment. Structured and an equal opportunity employer. Deadline driven and able to work independently in some areas. Room for advancement.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long work hours
ok
AML KYC on boarding officer (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 19, 2018
ok not bad not great. While there is a fair amount of work that amount is never overly taxing. People there are great and seem overall to care about one another. The company does a good job with work life balance.
Litigation Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2018
Very challenging yet rewarding place to work. Regretfully, our department closed down in 2011 and everyone was laid off. I really enjoyed working there, and I still stay in touch with all my former colleagues and attorneys.
Unwilling to give market rate in profession due to working internally
Project Manager - Private Bank (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
JP Morgan is great if you come from the outside. If you start off in a role to get your foot in the door but have skills of more senior position, HR will never adjust your salary to competative rates. It's known in JPM you have to leave and come back to attain competative pay rates.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
low wages
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJanuary 18, 2018
It tends to be hectic since chase is a pretty popular bank. But I like staying busy and helping customers, makes the day go by faster. I would say that as far as their management team is its not always the best, but there are those good managers that you get and I would say stick with them when you have that good management because that is when you know you are gonna go far.
Pros
Good Trainors
Cons
Can be slightly stressful
N/a
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 18, 2018
My experience was good. Long hours and short staffed often. Good pay if you work the hours. Hard to advance and low raises. Need to come in high with your salary.
CONSUMER BANKING ESCALATIONS SUPERVISOR II (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2018
The people you work with are okay and can make the day easier but this is definitely a job for people who rarely have life or family emergencies and does not mind being cursed out by ignorant customers for 60% of the time and then "coached" about everything else like personal time and adhering to seconds on a clock. Not a job for sensitive or mellow person. While the pay was great, the verbal abuse is not worth it to me.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Once sick time is gone youre basically fired if you need a day off. Rude customers.
Could be a dead end position
Lead Teller Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Hours are from 9-6 M-F and 9-4 for Saturday. Great vacation system and work/life balance. Recommend going into sales if you're looking for a better career advancement.
Change is a way of life at Chase
HUD/Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2018
A typical day at Chase was doing my normal job and maybe helping out another department. Reviewing loans or removing conditions. Change was a big thing.
Company that is awesome at Accounting
Personal Banker- Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2018
The Environment is awesome for Senior Management and Shareholder returns, however terrible for lower level employees. No respect from clients nor management just a very challenging work environment.
Pros
Meet Famous People I guess
Cons
Terrible Break Schedules and Support for Employees.
What I learned
CCB Oversight and Controls - Vice President (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2018
Advantages are a large company with many opportunities available....the flipside of that is you have to network hard to get noticed for those opportunities.
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 18, 2018
Open Branch, open registers, count ATM, assist clients at the teller line, close.
learned to Open checking accounts, open He-Lock, Open Business Accounts, Balance ATM, Balance Vault, close end of the day.
Management very knowledgeable.
Friendly place to work
Hardest Part of the job was Balance ATM
Perfect hours
Over all positive experience
Developer and Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Chase. The company culture is positive and Chase seems to have interest in employee work/life balance and satisfaction. The management was fair and I was held to a hight standard.
Chase
Personal Banker/SBS/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYJanuary 18, 2018
I have ben with Chase for 13years and the salary and the compensation is not great. The hours you work is very long. I enjoyed my joy cause I love what I do.
Productive great work place
Valt ops associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 18, 2018
My experience with JP Morgan Chase was very career building far learning new things expanding the knowledge of things i already know. The people there where great.
Fun place
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Nice company to work with. There is lot of bureaucracy inside the organization. But the technologies, processes wise this is the best company to work with.
challenging
Project Manager / Business Analyst Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2018
- Lot of merger activity
- Challenging work environment
- Lot of different personalities
- Moderate work life balance
- Good camaraderie within team members
Pros
Team work
Cons
Compensation
Great Personal Advancement Opportunities
AVP Senior Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 17, 2018
JP Morgan is an institution that relies heavily on individual strengths in determining its own success. Perseverance and goal orientation is vital to an individual's growth at this firm. Learn your position, then learn areas of growth opportunity - in that order. Execute your positions requirements with excellence, then advance yourself in the areas of growth opportunity; you will be recognized for your effort.
Pros
Benefits, Recognition, Personal Growth
Cons
Work-Life Balance, Pay
Working at chase can be difficult to balance work and personal life.
Remittance Processor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 17, 2018
A typical day at chase begins with me checking my tray of mail for miss sorted mail and processing the mail on the Opex Machines. I have to make sure to process at least two trays a night.
Pros
Did not have to talk to anyone
Cons
stressful work environment and horrible hours.
Very professional environment, and also a great company to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJanuary 17, 2018
a typical day at work consisted of assisting customers with banking related transactions. It is usual a slower paced environment, with the additional rushes. it is a very fun environment i had great co-workers and management.
Pros
benefits to part time employees, paid holidays
Cons
compensation was unfair

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.