JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

21K
Found 17,577 reviews matching the search See all 19,929 reviews
fun to work
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  operation specialistJune 22, 2018
great place to work always willing to work with you when it came to family issues or even just daily life always making changes for the better to help the company to imporve
Fun environment and friendly customers.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2018
This was a very routine job that required my full attention as I was responsible for customer transactions and handling a lot of money. Management was always helpful and the customers and I had wonderful conversations all day at work.
Pros
Full benefits for part time employees, bonuces and sale incentives.
Cons
Small annual raise, work many short days per week.
Great Benefits and good pay
Senior Service Specialist IV (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 22, 2018
Working for Chase can be stressful at times, after all it is a call center environment where you receive inbound call and have to deal with a very sensitive topic (if you ask me) "Money'' Some days could be better than other. My colleagues are great, if it wasn't for them, sometimes I will not make it throughout the day. Benefits and pay is great and the opportunity for advancement is awesome!
Pros
Free Coffee, Great benefits and pay
Cons
Lot's of incoming calls, unrealistic goals to attain
Easy going but challenging.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTJune 22, 2018
Really enjoyed my time with the company and hope to work for them again. Fast paced, a lot of knowledge gained. Excellent training. Got to know clientele really well/
Too Good To Be True
Technical Project Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
They have their name, numbers, and power; which is attractive for young professionals. Not a lot of growth potential for individuals on the technology side; unless you are able to transfer to another line of work within the company.
A decent place to work BUT
Document Review Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 22, 2018
Overall, JP Morgan Chase is a great company to work for. There a variety of locations so you can move throughout the country. The call center I work for has a tough grading scale based on performance throughout the year. The call center has a lot of departments to get into though which is nice.
Pros
Benefits, Medical Insurance
Cons
Career advancement, Management
Regular horrible Call Center job
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2018
Typical day at work consisted of being chained to the desk and phone, strict schedules, zero family life balance. If you like to be paid less for more work, feeling like a slave, unrealistic quotas and expectations, cliquey incompetent managers, being yelled at by customers, feeling inadequate, poorly trained, micro managed, no job security.. this is the job/company for you.
Pros
When you get to go home
Cons
When you have to go to work
Been too long
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2018
Great starting point for analyst program. Global company and many business areas to gain exposure in. Advancements not clear but its been too long to say.
Pros
Good analyst program
Cons
Too big
Loved the company hated the job
Investment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 22, 2018
It is hard to move positions, easy to move locations. A lot of glass ceilings at multiple levels. Basic financial sales work. Team and managers change often.
Miserable and Destructive
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 22, 2018
The work environment is cold, hyper competitive and uncaring. Work environment is crucial to me considering it is where I spend a majority of my waking hours. Management is lazy and hardly present, those in "smaller" roles are treated poorly, customers are rude, and the company tries to force togetherness but stubborn workers make it feel like forcing pieces that don't fit into a puzzle. You have to really love serving the public and sales to be in this position. You have to also be okay with the demeaning nature of the hierarchy...basically it's your typical corporate sales company.
Benefits
Cons
Salary, work environment
Large company with an actual heart
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2018
I worked for JP Morgan Chase for several years in the Cleveland office. The only reason I left was because that particular office had little career advancement opportunity. They genuinely try hard to make their employees feel valued. I would go back for the right job.
Lack of training
Information Technology Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2018
Typical training consists of learning as you go. There is formal training provided but it will more than likely not be tailored towards what you will actually be doing.
Pros
Compensation & Benefits
Cons
Training
Not enough hours.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2018
First let me start by saying Chase offers great benefits and most of the people that you work with are friendly. But Chase treats its tellers like second class second class citizens when if I can be honest it is one of the toughest position in the branch itself. We have to provide excellent customer service and maintain our composer when customers treat you with disrespect. As a teller, you are now hired at a minimum of 20hrs per week and they will never move you up from that. Today, 20hrs is not enough to be able to pay your rent and bills. As a college student the branch wasn't willing to work with the schedules we provided and put restrictions on when we were able to get classes. Again for working only 20hrs this does not seem fair or worth going through all that trouble. I really enjoy working at Chase but I cannot maintain myself with 20hrs a week.
Pros
Great benefits and paid vacation and sick time
Cons
Aren't willing to give more hours to their tellers
AVP- Investor Services
Assistant Vice President (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 21, 2018
Opportunities everywhere if you are looking for them. Many people that will assist you in your mentoring and spending time in other departments. Great volunteer opportunities.
Typical call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 21, 2018
Chase is a typical call center for credit card service geared to people internationally that usually feel entitled in some way. Management generally is more concerned with stats and numbers than customer care. for people that can follow strict direction at the expense of others its a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits and time off.
Cons
Unreasonable attention to numbers
professional
Member Service Representative / Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJune 21, 2018
good place to work with a good team always willing to help out. very professional so stressful at times but relaxed on the down time hours. good experience
Great Company
Senior Court Mediation Officer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 21, 2018
Great company to work for with excellent workplace culture! Learned a lot about the financial industry. The high standards Chase set, has allowed me to be even more confident within the financial industry regardless where I decide to work.
Pros
Management does not micro manage you!
Cons
Nothing I can think of at this time!
They don't pay you well and try to minimize your role
Teller (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 21, 2018
Tellers are becoming obsolete so they train you to push something that is going to take your job away. They don't pay tellers very well and push sales highly.
N/a
Manager on Duty (MOD) (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJune 21, 2018
this company has been great to me ,, im seeking growth and unfortunately chase is limited to growth and advancement is very difficult and non existent
Associate, Risk and Controls (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 21, 2018
Great Company to work for with great benefits that are hard to find. Unfortunately unable to grow in a competitive environment. There are some seasonally individuals that you are able to learn from.