JPMorgan Chase

JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews in Newark, DE

Great company with great benefits
JP Morgan Chase offers some of the best benefits around as far as insurance and 401k’s go. Also their new initiatives for hiring veterans and including people of different races is important. Not to mention they had a great management team that emphasized the importance of communication and time management.
Pros
Benefits, employer sponsored education, great salary
Cons
Poor management planning and slow turnaround of employee directed initiatives
great place
I believe this company offers a lot of opportunities and provides the room for career growth. A lot of the experience, as with any company, is based on your team and management.
Excellent for working with new technology
Excellent for working with new technology, very nice and reputable company. Benefits are very good. You will get recognition if you work hard and nicely.
Productive, fun work environment
I really enjoyed my time working at Jp Morgan on a number of team assignments. Mostly working on banking transactions, and AML work. I really enjoyed the team members there as there were a lot of smart people teaching me everything I needed to know.
Great place to work with plenty of advancement oppurtunities
Great opportunities abound with JPMC. The internal job boards are always populating new jobs and management is encouraging employees to move up and on.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great Benefits, but Every Department is Different.
Working in Technology at JPMC has been a rewarding experience but it is often difficult for people with business and non-technical skill sets to get promoted in technology.
Good Place to work
Good place to work, worked with some great people. Challenging work, great experience. Decent work life balance at times. Was able to work with people across the globe.
Productive and fun place to work
I honestly enjoy working in the JP Morgan Chase compliance department I have learned many aspects of anti-money laundering and how it affect individuals as well as businesses.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at JPMorgan Chase?
Not a lot of opportunity for people of color.
The experience was ok, however there is still some unfair treatment going on if you are a black person.

This company would rather have temps work for years before offering a full time position.
Good company
It was a nice work environment with challenging work, great benefits, little room for growth. I have worked here two years, receive great insurances, pension, 401k, flexible work arrangement, good management.
Typical Corporate America
Record earnings yet they are slashing bonuses, ending pensions and cutting jobs. Two rounds of cutting jobs this year alone. Little to no advancement. Benefits are ok.
Laid back workplace with restricted advancement
Working in an operations role in JP Morgan Asset and Wealth management provides an excellent work life balance but offers few prospects for career advancement within other areas of the company.
Overall good place to work with drawbacks
JPMorgan overall is a great company to work for. The hours can be taxing, most people work at least 50 hour weeks, or more depending on the line of business, department and time of year. There is definitely a clear path for career advancement, with promotions possible within your role. Your salary does tend to stagnate if you stay with the company for several years, which is a shame; you work harder and harder year over year but your salary barely moves beyond a cost of living increase, even when you do get promoted. The company culture is great - every year there is an entire week devoted to employee appreciation with giveaways, fun activities, free lunches, breakfast, etc. If you have the right skill set they are a very stable employer - certain manual jobs in operational jobs like processing focused roles are being automated away, but high skill knowledge workers (data analysts, project managers, business managers etc) are relatively safe and always have work.
Pros
Great culture, stable employer, employee appreciation activities
Cons
Healthcare, salary, workload
Very productive and fast paced envirment
I learned a lot of knowledge for OTC counterparty credit risk and Risk weight calculation. How data feeds downstream and how a calculator process these data to generate the outputs. I also got educated about stress testing.
Management isnt good
Although JPM pays well most managers could care less about work/life balance or mental health. In my experience the managers at JPM would rather stress a couple employees than hire more staff. The managers ive known have been very aggressive and conniving...theyre praised for that type of behavior form the assoc level to the ed level.
Refraining
My experience here is different than most others and I would not feel comfortable disclosing the rationale behind my departure publicly. What I will share, is that poor management and being tasked with performing their responsibilities without any formal compensation was a big factor in said departure.
large company
If you are looking for a large company then this is it. Management is very disconnected and you can get lost very easily. They do have a very good flexibility program for parents. Its definitely worth checking out for the right role.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
management is disconnected
Typical office
Basic business environment, a lot of bureaucracy, typical corporate environment. Good benefits, good vacation, life insurance, benefits etc. Hiring a lot of Java developers.
Stable career, dated technologies.
I have enjoyed my time at JPMC and learned a lot. The firm is moving towards implementing frameworks that make developers plug and play for the stack of technologies they offer. Writing if/else statements all day can be mind numbing, and the ability to use a tool or latest version of an opensource library is limited. The work environment is comfortable and the work life balance is good most times.
Company isn't keeping up
The company is constantly struggling with turnover due to not keeping up with the times. More work from home opportunities, more upward mobility for those who show potential, cutting bonuses even when the company does well. It could be a good place to work but changes need to be made.
Pros
Cafeteria is nice
Cons
Pay is lagging, bonuses were cut last year even though the company had record profits
N/a
I was able to improve my skills. As well as obtain new skills. I also learned a different function in the compan, which enhanced my abilities. Throughout my time with JP Morgan I was able to train and work in 3 different departments.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.
8.1K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at JPMorgan Chase.