JPMorgan Chase Employee Reviews

Great Company
Customer Assistant Specialist (CAS) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2018
During my tenure at JPMorgan, I enjoyed the work, environment and the people. I recommend JPMorgan to all individuals. A company that care for their employees.
Pros
Great location
Cons
No cons
not creative not treated as a person
Junior Funder (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 19, 2018
just a position, not a career. a typical day involved a team meeting which was usually negative. the hardest part was meeting the numbers of files reviewed. the most enjoyable part was my team members.
Worst pay
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2018
Worst managers and pay ever. Your hard work goes unappreciated. You have to brown nose to get what you want. It depends on who you work for. If your manager doesn’t support you you are screwed.
Responsible for a major biling system.
Senior Technical Officer (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAMay 18, 2018
I had some very good managers and interesting and varied work. Unfortunately they closed the facility where I worked and declined to go to Florida or Chicago.
great start for career
Specialist I (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 18, 2018
call center position can be very stressful, learn a lot about people and yourself.
Requires ability to adapt to different personalities. Heavy workload
Great growth opportunities
Associate Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 18, 2018
JPMorgan Chase is a very large institution, which can sometimes affect the pace of progress on individual projects. While the red tape can be a burden at times, it is common in financial institutions of this size, and JPMorgan Chase strives to never let these impede the growth of individual team members.
Digital Fraud is Awesome
Digital Fraud Specialist II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 18, 2018
Truly grateful to have been hired by Chase. From day one I have been treated well. I have no complaints about the company, especially how they have taken care of me through a child birth and two deaths in the family over the last 2 years. Just wish that my position was offered where I will be relocating!
Pros
Benefits Package; People (Managers and Teammates)
Cons
Cross Department Policies and Procedures; lack of locations in some states
productive and flexible always have a vibe that you want to be there,
Sr Service Speicialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 18, 2018
a typical day at work is coming in and already knowing what i am supposed to do, know one is looking for me, i have my headphones and im working away. if for some reason i have a question that the person i ask can help and get back to working, i enjoy advancement opportunities. if i have learned all that i can learn i can hope that management could refer me to a better position. I so enjoy recognition, potlucks, games and great relationship between not only management but my coworkers
Pros
flex hours between 7 am and 9am as long as you work 8 hours no weekends
Cons
so much work not enough time to take breaks
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 18, 2018
I loved Chase, I learned alot from them. Their training is extensive and helpful. I feel there is plenty of room for growth, they are highly sales driven bank, and the best in the industry.
Pros
Growing
Cons
Very competitve
jp morgan chase.
Process Operation Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2018
Cons

Bureaucracy, often too many obstacles to get things done. Many managers and senior leaders are just not good at what they do. Either not good at managing others or simply not good at leading. A title doesn't = effective leadership. I was blessed to have great colleagues and good managers, but that is not always the case for everyone.

Advice to Management

Don't bite the hands that feed you. Downsizing is a reality, but often those at the helm making the decision as to whom to cut make the wrong choices. I've seen too many good people get downsized. Also, hold senior leaders and managers more accountable. Tie their compensation to how effectively they manage people and use metrics to support their success and shortcomings.
No Room for advancement
Private Bank Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2018
No room for growth. Opportunities for promotion and advancement are more based on who you are friends with than on performance. For this reason meetings become more about being friends with others than work.
Good place to start a career
Claims IM Approvals Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 17, 2018
Chase is a good place to start a career. The benefits are very good. There are plenty of opportunities to advance if you take the time to research. Self starters will excel.
Productive and fun workplace
Bank / Vault / Merchant Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMay 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at the bank. Management and colleagues were fun to work with. I have learned a lot from the banking industry and have met many of my customers.
Pros
Advancement
Relationship Banker
Licensed Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2018
The relationship banker position was a great position until they started to cut the incentive plan. They are making it hard for bankers to make payout. Location is everything don't let them tell you that every location has potential because that's BS make sure you are in a affluent area if you are a banker or you will not make any money.
Pros
Job security/ getting licensed with 6, 63, and insurance
Cons
long hours low based pay
Offers career growth
Specialist II- Consumer & Community Banking (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesMay 17, 2018
JP Morgan Chase discusses upon employment your career goals and follow up on them during annual reviews.The workplace culture is just fine. The new leadership before I left made some changes on the incentive scheme.
Horribly political and bureaucratic
Glorified Intern (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2018
The single worst company I've ever worked for in terms of the quality of employees, politics, bureaucracy, arrogance, back stabbing. Just a truly putrid culture.
Loved It Here
Documentation Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 17, 2018
It was amazing to work at Chase. Many opportunities for all people in all areas. Had a well-balance work/life ratio and had it not closed it's office in Florence, SC I would still be there.
Productive enviornment
Project Manager (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 17, 2018
Some work locations are better than others. Associates are not happy about the compensation but the company encourages cross functionality and internal growth
Work on your own
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 17, 2018
The leads can sometimes be obnoxious but when you're finally left alone to sort mail its actually pretty nice. All you have to do is understand how to sort the mail sent into the IRS and sort it appropriately.
The job is Great it’s the management
Trans Process Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2018
Job is great, great ppl to work with. Great benefits the problem is who they have in charge. Management is greedy and show too much favoritism. Everything else is great.
Pros
Great benefits, great coworker
Cons
Managers show favoritism & hire people not equipped for the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at JPMorgan Chase. Our community is ready to answer.

56.2K
46.2K
33.6K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at JPMorgan Chase.