Jabil Circuit Employee Reviews

Found 934 reviews matching the search See all 2,156 reviews
The pay was decent, but...
Inspector Packer (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCOctober 15, 2018
The management is terrible. Little to no consistent communication regarding the way things are supposed to be done, management has no clue what they are doing, only one supervisor actually cared about the well-being of employees. Every bad management decision gets taken out on their employees, including when presses go down. Hours keep getting cut, people get sent home, no matter how lazy the other employees are, temps get sent home first. Being on your feet for 12 hours isn't the hard part, it's the work they have you do during that time. They are currently splitting far too many presses between too few employees, and increasing speeds on certain presses because they're trying to recover their losses. You won't enjoy having any days off because your body will be too busy trying to recover. Breaks were reduced in length when shifts went from 12 hours to 8, and then when they went back to 12 hour shifts, they didn't change the break times back. If you get injured on the job, they will try to put you back to work unless you have to go to the ER and threaten your attendance record. Sexual harassment is not taken seriously, either. It's usually met with "we'll keep an eye on so-and-so," and that's the extent of it. Overall, the company cuts way too many corners, it's not a good place to work.
Pros
Pay is alright, slow nights are bearable but rarely occur.
Cons
Terrible management, physically too demanding, employees are expendable, sexual harassment, breaks too short, difficult workloads.
Jabil
Quality Control / Solder / Assembler 4 (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 15, 2018
40hrs a week plus overtime loved my job hrs 5am to 1pm
ok benefits able to learn a lot. I work in all work cells areas.
lunches are 30 min and 2 15 min breaks.
Demanding but rewarding place to work
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 11, 2018
Overall, Jabil is a good company to work for. They fulfilled all of the negotiated terms and provided good benefits. I had the opportunity to expand my end-to-end supply chain knowledge while there. Jabil culture is committed to meeting or exceeding targets at all levels, which can be truly challenging when the commitments are often very aggressive with multiple dependencies. My work day had regular meetings, but varied by day because I had a large scope of responsibility. I was part of the management team and we worked collaboratively - which was vital. The hardest part of the job was the uncertainty of our contract and dealing with waves of layoffs. This put a cloud over everyone and was difficult to foster teamwork. Folks did not want to help others or share knowledge as a result and it was challenging trying to stay upbeat. Some of the training provided was merely overviews and no details. I had to figure out a lot on my own and it was quite stressful at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was thanking my team members when goals were achieved or targets were met. I was proud of them and the work we did for the company and our customer.
Pros
End of quarters - food was provided
Cons
Poor planning / commitments caused fluctuating schedules and stress.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 11, 2018
Good workplace culture, good Management team; I may plan to come back and work for this company in a near future. I believe they are having a lot projects ready to go. Hopefully, they will pick up more CTO works for integration and testing in computer and sub system technology.
Pros
Good bonus
Cons
N/a
good place, bad pay
SHIPPING/RECEIVING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2018
My experience with Jabil is different than most, probably. I initially began employment with Telmar that was then bought out by Jabil. I started out in the probationary period with $9/hr with the promise of a pay raise every 3 months for good performance. First raise was for $1/hr extra and then for the next year based off performance. Only to find out 3 months in that Jabil had put a freeze on all our pay raises until the merger was complete. They took over 1.5 years to complete it!
I was promised at the end of that time, my pay would increase to the amount it should have increased by then. It didn't. I got $0.13/hr extra for 1.5 years of hard, diligent work. Then they laid off everyone and closed our location. I was offered to transfer but they were unwilling to bump my pay even up to their starting pay after nearly 2 years of devoted service. sad but i had to quit because of this...I didn't like the way they treated anyone when they took over the company and they wanted me to work over 60miles from my house for $9/hr which isn't even their starting wage for new employees. Very disappointing overall.
Ok
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAOctober 8, 2018
The company was excellent they have a very good organization there friendly they great facilities good people are very nice they have a good teamwork nice and clean area.
Pros
Free coffee
Work Environment
Quality Technician II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 3, 2018
Work at Jabil can be fast paced at times working through NPI. Coworkers/Employees are very supportive to help where you want to succeed within the company. Jabil has great benefits and perks that help keep employees satisfied and engaging.
Pros
401k, Stock Options, Health Care
Senior Manager of IT (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 2, 2018
It's a good place to work. Normal day is 9 to 10 hours. Senior management has favorites. Work place culture is good but management make pressure on employees.
great place to work in
Machine operator, Tester and material handler (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 2, 2018
At jabil circuit , I started working as machine operator about two years, after that i moved from machine operator to a line director , i was responsible for one line.
After seven mounts,I applied to work in stock room and i worked there until they lay me off
Pros
free lunches sometimes and i remembered free turkey evry thanks giving
Cons
every two hours 10 minures break
Hostil
Buyer III (Former Employee) –  Cayey Municipio, PROctober 1, 2018
Jabil vs Nypro 3 month with the fighting between Jabil process vs Nypro process. Nunca había trabajado donde los buyer no duran mas de una año en la empresa.
Pros
buen dinero
Cons
humillaciones innecesarias
it is very to nice experience upto now to work with jabil family.
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CASeptember 28, 2018
overall good. the workplace culture is really awesome, very supportive crew. Leaders ae very nice, can ask anything, very cool to help you with everything.
Pros
potlucks, free donuts, compensation
Cons
short breaks
depends on management
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 27, 2018
many have been there for years and hard to change culture. Hard to be respected as a woman, and opinion be heard. Some in other teams provided support needed, just depends on the luck of who you have to report to.
Jabil in Louisville is now IQor
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 27, 2018
Jabil was good to work for, but have not heard from anyone about how Iqor is. Many people I worked with still work there so I would assume that there has been little to no change in corporate culture.
Excellent opportunity, but was laid of during restructuring (after 5 mos.) which was disappointing after relocation.
Enterprise Solution Specialist II (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 25, 2018
Would like another opportunity to work for Jabil implementing or maintaining SAP in a position without so much travel due to allergies and injury. Excellent location and people in St. Pete.
Pros
Great fun workplace and fun people, would like another opportunity to take a position without so much travel per month, 3 out of 4 weeks, location, location, location.
Cons
Travel almost every week was a lot for me with bad allergies and a neck injury.
Good workplace, could be made better, needs better management
Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Субъект Санкт-ПетербургSeptember 23, 2018
Nepotism is alive and well. Also, the new trend requirement of US Citizenship for most managerial or Senior leadership jobs is disheartening. Not the Company that promotes diversity even if it likes to toot diversity as one of its founding claims. Old Jabil and leadership is sorely missed.
Pros
Good Salary and benefits.
Cons
Opportunities for knowledge advancement are limited, Needs best practices in place, Extreme politics at work, Nepotism is alive and well and undercurrents are even worse, Innovation is a mantra but few true innovators, A conservative Company
A decent job with good co workers.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 21, 2018
The job was pretty decent they was just last minute telling people if overtime was required and they have a very slow process on hiring temporary workers.
Pros
Free lunch after hiting expectations marks.
Cons
Slow with rolling over temporary workers to become permanent.
Terrible Place to Work
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCSeptember 21, 2018
Don't work here unless you enjoy poor/bad management and fighting to get paid fully. From week one, it was chaos. They lure you in with promises of permanent employment and awesome benefits with excellent pay and then show you their true nature. Management doesn't know their heads from their tushies, they lie or make up answers and rarely, if ever, actually do anything about bullies or other issues. Not a great place to work for. Plus long hours with barely working machines or machines too fast for one person to handle on their own.
Fun and productive place to work
IT Program Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Jabil is a fantastic company to work for. You get to work with colleagues all across the globe and have the opportunity to gain experiences in many different areas.
Senior Operations Director USA & EMEA (Former Employee) –  EuropeSeptember 19, 2018
Management is great and cares about their employees and product. With experience you’ll have an opportunity to work Globally. Europe, Asia, USA, South America. Good luck try it!
Pros
Ability to work worldwide
Worst job ever
Packer (Former Employee) –  Memphis,TnSeptember 18, 2018
Unorganized, treat temps unfairly. I do not recommend no one to work there. You never know when you'll have to work. Every department is treated differently. That's favoritism and that's not acceptable.
Cons
Short breaks