Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Sounds great at first but beware
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  DfwAugust 10, 2018
So at first it’s great but then management just keeps getting worse and worse. This company can’t keep employees. Before you can even remember your bosses name they’re gone. They expect stores done on their schedule not yours. So it was to be done same day every week and can’t be changed or else management gets VERY upset. Pay is horrible compared to other merchandising companies. My advise is just runaway!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, Poor management
Flexible hours /Low pay
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
Great job because you work alone, but horrible pay and bad management. Not trained properly and pay is not correctly given to you on time. Service times for stores is unreasonable and impossible. This company should really revisit their policies on pay and service times.
Pros
Flexible hours/ working alone
Cons
Low pay/ bad management/ not paid on time
Do not work here!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 15, 2018
If you are in the Colorado area, don’t bother!! Management is horrible! You will never be rewarded for any work. No matter how hard you work!! Pay is unfair for expectations!! It took 6 years before I was payed what the start pay at Mc Donald’s pay is. Take my advice. Just go to Mc Donald’s!! You will be treated better.
Compensation needs correcting
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Central CTMarch 23, 2018
I've been involved in Sales and Merchandising for over 45 years, and took this position after my retirement. The time limits for the work that needed to be accomplished were unrealistic. Many things affect your time in the stores....accessing locked up product, replacing damaged fixtures, ordering, etc. And the mileage reimbursement needs to be adjusted. most of my stores were within 10 miles of home, but Jacent deducted 20 miles daily for commuting. It should be actual mileage and not a set number. So I was losing money each day. But no one at the company even asked why I decided to leave the company.
Pros
Flexible schedule, clean working conditions
Cons
Poor mileage reimbursement policy
productive and kept you busy
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 26, 2018
Nice Company to work for if you are in need of a job. Could go long term if your determined. Don't know to much about higher ups and what they do but could be fun
Jacent Strtegic Merchandising
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEFebruary 20, 2018
I started work through ATA Merchandising which was then taken over by Jacent. My orders to the company are entered via phone.
Order is delivered to the store and I place those items on the back-to back hangers down each aisle. I keep those hangers in a neat & orderly manner and remove any out of date merchandise from the store.
Pros
Part time employment which takes 1.5 hrs at each store every other week.
Cons
I work independently with very little oversight
Stay away from this job.
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 17, 2018
This job was advertised as 14 hours week but turned out to be 6 hours every other week,Not worth fooling with,Training was very poor with my trainer constantly on phone trying to put out fires and talking to other merchandisers.Projected work time for each store unrealistic.

Stores seemed to be in disaray with no continuity with stock numbers and ordering system.

very confusing pay plan with every minute being accounted for and poor compensation for use of personal vehicle.
Cons
This company needs serious help
Current employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 26, 2018
Very poor pay, constantly untruthful about benefits, the way you are supposed to do tasks. In less than a year, management has changed 4 times. Expectations are super high, but pay is so low your motivation is rock bottom. The way you are supposed to do things will change almost daily, so you are constantly frustrated, exhausted and unsure. Very poor support and training.
Pros
Work
Cons
Low pay, poor management, company has no idea what they're doing
Challenging, but fun
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeastern USJanuary 20, 2018
Servicing two to three stores a day without a supervisor looking over your shoulder every minute is a definite plus, but one must be diligent, hard working, and take personal pride in each and every store location to be a successful merchandiser. Slackers need not apply.
Workaholics dream
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 18, 2018
To start, I am still an employee here, I love my job. I feel like most of these reviews are from people who have quit or been let go and I want others to know if you like working and you like always learning new things and not having the day to day blah job. This is it! We are always growing and moving forwarded and every thing is just getting better! New technology, better training more communication from management and more!
Pros
Keeps you on your toes, flexible, be your own boss (in a sense) always growing
Cons
Pay, lack of hard workers

Want to know more about Jacent Strategic Merchandising?

Ask a question
Great flexible job
Customer Service/Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 27, 2017
This is a great job to have if you want to work part time and enjoy extremely flexible hours. You don’t get a lot of hours, typically 8–16 a week. I enjoy working for them.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Less than desirable
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJDecember 1, 2017
This company used to be known as Lami and ATA, they merchandise impulse items on clip strips in grocery stores and merged to become one company called Jacent. I used to love my job in the beginning over 3 1/2 years ago with Lami. Since they became Jacent in the beginning of 2017 it has been one continuous nightmare. All work is now Part-time meaning around 7-10 stores, and no Over-time is allowed. They tell you that you can get 3 hours per store but will never send you all the product you need so you can get your 3 hours. Hours are based on the size of your order. A typical day consists of going into a store, locating your product, and putting it on a clip strip in the location you ordered it from on your previous visit. Not a difficult job by any means, however, don't expect the device they give you to place your orders, to work, meaning you will be doing orders by hand frequently. Plan on entering your orders on your home WI-FI so you can get paid. The pay starts at $11.00 per hour, so be prepared to be happy with that for a long time to come. The hardest part of this job was dealing "daily" with the stress brought on by this company not having their act together. I enjoyed the flexibility and the hope, that I worked for a company who truly cared.

Good Luck
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Stress
More or less laid back
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSNovember 8, 2017
To be perfectly honest, I can not give a full review on this job since I haven't really worked all that long with the company plus I do not really know all that much about the CEO of the company either.
Merchandiser Position
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  USANovember 7, 2017
Part time position generally
Pay within normal range for this type of work

No benefits
No commission
No performance bonus

Pros
Flexible Schedule
Enjoyable Store Atmosphere for most part
No heavy lifting
Training is available with management

Cons
Warehouse constantly errors shipments
New technology introduced without test markets
Pressure to meet unrealistic time frame in stores
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no benefits, commission or bonus
Good mgmt involvement, low salary
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tri-Cities, WASeptember 16, 2017
I thought it would be a good company to work for but I don't have many hours, & the product generally arrives late. Mgmt is usually pretty good. Min. wage is hard to take with all my experience.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
min. wage, not enough hours
Flexible part time hours
RETAIL MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  AZSeptember 1, 2017
This company offers nothing in the way of benefits. There are no raises. The pay was reasonable until minimum wage was increased. Now, it is just another minimum wage job with no hope of an increase unless minimum wage goes up again. The hours, however, are very flexible. As long as you visit your stores on the same day each week, then you can start anytime you choose as long as that is alright with the store personnel.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no advancement or benefits, low pay
Not a good company
In-Store Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon Valley, PAAugust 19, 2017
Worked for 3 years, I am a good employee. After the merger, our hours were cut in half. One small raise in 3 years, really nasty supervisor. Was able to make own schedule which is a plus, but that is the only good thing.
Pros
Cons
No raises, little hours.
Great retail merchandising company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 3, 2017
Love the freedom to promote sales by creative merchandising. Set up fixtures and products that gives better sales promotion. Also set up signs for visual displays.
Enjoyed working different stores daily
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lutz, FLJuly 22, 2017
Would drive to one or more stores a day to do inventory.

Hardest part of job not knowing where I was going thank goodness for GPS.

Learned how to use Handheld device for inventory, and display merchandise where most needed.
Pros
Meeting different people
Cons
Lots of driving