Jacent Strategic Merchandising

Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Reviews

United States162 reviews

merchandiserterritorymerchandisingstoreflexibleunrealisticareaorder

The time and projects

this company needs to compensate the projects efficiently and time needs to be Reconsider regarding projects. Though, it is family orientated and the work scheduling works great for a Busy Mom/Grandma that appreciate the work.

Flexible schedule

I work around another job. Can make my own schedule as long as work gets done before deadline. Have little to no contact with management which is good for me.

Pros

schedule on your time, work independently

Cons

little follow through

Jacent Strategic Merchandising insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Company lacks people skills

Jacent could be a great place to work. The independence and flexibility is great. However, the culture lacks an atmosphere of care. The training is not great and some management, just fail to get what it takes to keep a good employee.

Pros

Independence, flexibility

Cons

Lackluster managers, training not in-depth enough

Productive and creative

A typical day is checking in with the receiver and locating your product to push to the floor. You replenish the product on clipstrips throughout the store, remove old and/or damaged product. Afterwards, you place a new order for the store. If you see an item isn’t selling through, you have the ability to change it out for something else. The app helps you with selecting optional items. You’re always looking for ways to increase sales in the store. You can work with managers on ideas such as adding panels, spinners or additional clipstrips in other areas of the store. Not a very stressful job

Awfull Management!!!

Upper Managment has no clue to what is really going on within the company. They continually make bad decisions/mistakes then blame the Merchandising reps for it. Toxic Environment. No sense of loyalty. Continually hiring - no one stays long. They expect people to do the work of 3, minimal mileage compensation & no benefits. Promises of bonuses that never come or you only get if you are friends with someone.

Poor management

You have to watch your back because they lie to you, they tell you one thing and do another. Upper management messes up and the little guy pays the price. You give them loyalty they give you the knife right in your back. Great example is they tell the whole company in a meeting that they were doing fine and the company would be ok and a week or two later they did a bunch of layoffs. LIARS

Pros

Work from home

Cons

They take advantage of you and lie to you

Enjoyable place to work

I enjoyed working at Jacent. You could increase your pay by increasing sales at your stores. I had more stores than I wanted through most of my employment. It was impossible to service them all the way they should be. But most of the time I worked there, management was helpful and easy to work with.

Flexible

Not a bad job just not for me. My managers were excellent but not sure about the company itself. The part I enjoyed the most is the flexible schedule.

Don’t bother

Horrifically understaffed company that expects one person to do the job of 3 then you get penalized in your sales bonuses when stores are serviced late or if you don’t stay within time. Which are impossibilities when you’re trying to do the work of 3 people. And then when they do send you help, it’s in the form of someone who lives several hours away and can’t actually help you do anything.

Easy money

Awesome customer service and always someone is there to help. Paid mileage from home and to your stores, and easy service for a light days work.

Great job

Great job with good pay and bonuses. Frequent raises and bonuses. Very flexible hours. Laid back work environment. The area managers are very helpful. Pros: good pay, good hours and flexibility, helpful management, weekends off. Cons: not a set schedule Mon-Fri - your work week changes frequently.

Enjoyed the Job hated the Upper Management

I worked for this company along with several pervious company's before this one and others bought were bought out for the clip strip program. There pay is very little, they do not pay near enough for millage ( as you use your own car), they never give you enough time to service your stores. They will tell you how much time you have to service a store. Many times you will run out of time and they expect you to work for free. There are no benefits with the job. Over all I would not work for them ever again.

Horrible employment/ No communication

Stay away if you can. Yes, pay is amazing but not worth the stress, non communication and just down right non stability. There is "Good ole boy club" and if you are not apart you will not survive. Also, massive favoritism and exclusion. Jobs are never posted for upper positions because they only hire and promote their buddies or friends. As a merchandiser you are ran into the ground and it is never enough. As a AM , its even worse. I know the TM's most are sitting pretty earning big pay as everyone else suffers. Do not work for this company. I am surprised they are still in busniess.

Productive and great work environment

I enjoy my job at Jacent. Great manages Great hours Flexible schedule. Easy to get time off if you need it. Pays great and includes mileage. Really care about their employees …….

Pros

Great hours.

Cons

Not any

Productive Company and balanced

I have the tools and training to do my job and the company is very understanding about work / home balance. Very much enjoy my job! Management is very supportive and coworkers are helpful.

Pros

Hours

Cons

N/a

Great Company and Great Job

I love working for Jacent. I love the flexibility and that the job brings new challenges daily. If you enjoy merchandising on your own schedule, this job is for you. Very good communications with management. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a rewarding job.

Flexible workplace

As long as store service is caught up, there is flexibility to balance work life and home life. My AM is always available should any issues arise. I like the ability to work at my own pace with realistic service times and not be micromanage.

Pros

Flexibility, communication

Cons

Mileage does not reflect the rise in gas prices, nor wear and tear on vehicle

Toxic and Unorganized

Change in leadership has done little to eliminate toxic work environment. "Mean girl" culture is alive and well w/in the corporate structure. Leadership make decisions without considering overall impact to the field workers. Communication continues to be lacking, and when it's there it's not very truthful. Hard to feel secure in jobs currently.

Pros

Remote work for office staff, PTO is okay, Coworkers (not Leadership) are excellent.

Cons

Culture, toxicity, communication, HR and Leadership do not take concerns seriously nor remedy them when brought to attention, Not enough hours for field staff, Poor decision making by leadership

Great company but becoming hard to afford job.

Love working here and far exceeds other merchandising companies, however zero attempts to help employees with increasing fuel costs when employees are driving far to do their job. They pay mileage but with the rising fuel costs the mileage pay barely breaks even and in some cases doesnt, nor does it cover the wear and tear on car and high high mileage. Company has been unwilling to address this concern even temporarilly while fuel prices are this high. There is very little room for advancement beyond what you are hired in at.

Good pay, easy work, flexible schedule

I love my job at Jacent! The job itself is super easy, but it's not without it's challenges. You must be available early morning and afternoon hours and it involves a lot of walking. There are occasionally incidents where you have to think creatively to place distribution items in the stores, but it's not difficult to do so since the products can go in so many places throughout the store. The best part about working for Jacent is the flexibility. I you basically set your own schedule and if you need days off or to work a half day it's very easily managed.

Stressful

You are pushed through with little training. Not paid enough at all for gas expenses. Too much work has to be done on your own time. Way too stressful.

Pros

Traveling

Cons

Not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacent Strategic Merchandising. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits