Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Reviews

Great place to work, good work-life balance
Administration (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2019
I've worked for other retail companies but have found Jacent to be the best of them so far. The work-life balance is good, people that understand and care about you. Is everything perfect, no, but I can honestly say most things are and there is no job or company where everything is perfect. I work with and for some very good people and that is critical to me.
Pros
Work-life balance, culture
Cons
Fast paced
absolutely horrible!
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousMay 3, 2019
pay scale is way out of whack; with people being hired in at a higher rate than people that have worked for the company for years. Corporate doesn't care about what the reps deal with out in the stores, pushing out "sales drivers" in massive amounts, even when the stores are dissatisfied with all the extra product coming in. On top of the sales drivers, the company requires you to order to fill and "anticipate sales". All that does is create unnecessary backstock, overfill and damages which creates more work that isn't included in your allotted time. No support from upper management for field personnel. Not enough time allowed to properly service a store; they don't take into consideration where a store is located or the size of the store when formulating your time allowed for service. Communication is almost non-existent; you have to figure things out for yourself when you get to the store and see new products, sales drivers or products out of stock or discontinued. The warehouse needs some serious training and new management. Seldom is there an order that is packed accurately, with counts being different from what the invoice states, one product shipped in place of another; orders "lost" in the system; partial orders being shipped; orders not shipping when they should so you can work your store on the day you're supposed to. The company uses an app for ordering that is not compatible with the business at all. You constantly encounter problems which add to the time you are in a store, and accuracy of orders. Recruiting department is pitiful with job reqs being open  more... for weeks on end before getting people to hire.  less
Pros
working independently
Cons
the entire structure of the company
Find another company to work for!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 28, 2019
I improved sales by over 125% my 1st year, nothing, no bonus, no recognition.I turned stores around that were a mess, I covered for others, worked 7 days a wk at times and nights, told if I went full time no increase in pay, yet in adjacent communities start pay was increased by $4.00 an hr. I don't feel there was any communication with the area mgr, district mgr, and especially the regional mgr. The 1st 20 miles and 1 hr drive excluded from being paid (mileage is paid after at a measly 34 cents a mile). They ask you to travel outside of your area so 10 trips in a 2 week pay period: exclude 10 hrs of drive time and 200 miles which you will not get paid for. They send so much stuff, mgmnt at stores get irate and then your regional mgr plays games, does not call you back or do what she said she was going to do and won't back you up! This is a sinking ship. This was truly a waste of my time working for them.
Pros
Met some really nice store employess
Cons
Don't work here!
Great Flexible Job
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  AlaskaApril 6, 2019
This is a great flexible part time job. Works great around my commitments.
Merchandise ordering, merchandising and inventory control. Strategic placement of good throughout the store to encourage shoppers to buy.
I get an excellent wage and mileage. Employee incentives and discounts are available.

This is a part time position. I could not ask for more.

If your looking for a second job I would highly recommend.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
only offered pt time
Worst management ever.
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 22, 2019
This used to be a wonderful job with good people and clear expectations. After the merger two years ago, it became a totally different company culture. Managers yelling at employees and lying about them. No consistency.

They talk a good game. But you will be disappointed. The stress level is ridiculous. Nobody should be allowed to yell at good employees for not meeting impossible standards.
Run from this company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 22, 2019
Territory Manager flat out lied to me on two occasions. Merchandisers are sent mountains of product to place in stores that are too small to handle the volume. My hours were cut in half, even though I was an excellent employee and merchandiser.
I loved parts of my job but left because the Territory Manager was awful.
Pros
Some of the employees at the stores you work at are so nice.
Cons
Territory manager, company culture, company making bad business decisions.
Too much stress for something so easy
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 10, 2019
Territory manager resentful, disrespectful, irresponsible. Too much extra product sent to stores not enough time to clean up the stores put product out and order correctly. Territory manager will cause so much havoic between other merchandisers and she loves doing that.
Corporate will not listen to what she does.
Nothing but stress and broken promises. Run from this company. You will regret working here. GLAD I LEFT.
Pros
Cons
Stress, disrespectful managers
Flexible and easy job for most
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYFebruary 18, 2019
Many company changes over the past two years have made this once loved job very difficult. Too many issues with too many areas are causing major problems with the stores and the merchandisers. Upper management does not understand the issues the merchandisers are having as they do not work in the field. Direct manager is amazing, helpful and fights for her team.
Pros
Flexible
Poor Management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New EnglandFebruary 15, 2019
Many managers dont have the competency to do the job they are managing. Upper levels are unresponsive to real problems in the field that could be resolved, sometimes easily and with retailer support. Hours are determined BEFORE you actually perform the work and you will sometimes be making less per hour than advertised.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
if you take pride in your work you'll make less per hour than advertised
This Company has no Real Values for Hard working people
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 13, 2019
This company could care less if you’re a hard worker or slacker. The focus for the people up top is how to make one person do a three people job without real compensation. This company has demoted Area Managers in order to force them to take away stores from other part time reps. When we work a store, we are all paid by invoices and that incorporates into our hourly wage. They have found a way to lessen our invoice time, so that we have to rush and service a store without paying us extra. This company is so cheap and look at us as slave drivers. And incentives??!! What a joke! They get you hyped about incentives like you’re going to get a bonus or gift card to increase their profit and never follow through on their end. No raises! Bare minimum benefits! And a bunch of incompetent people who make a nice salary off the bottom people’s hard work. Do yourself a favor and stay away! If you have a family to take care of, you really need to stay away!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management can’t be trusted. No raises!
Upper Management just don't get it! Very Poor
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 3, 2019
I have recently left the company, not because it was a hard job,or terrible hours. I had family obligations that caused me to leave the part-time job.

My local managers were great but next level up there was no communication, but the worst was head office. routes and visit dates were changed without any communication with the local route reps. New technology was introduced with lots of bugs and very little tech support. Bonus and incentives were talked about but not implemented while I was employed.

They do not value their employees!

Upper management did not acknowledge a job well done or give a bonus for increasing sales or building relationships. Pay is low compared to other merchandising companies. As merchandising jobs go this one is pretty easy, hanging product onto hanging plastic strips, the most physical part is lifting the product boxes, which were not very heavy. Hours vary for many different reasons.It was pretty flexible if there was bad weather or you needed to change service dates for sickness etc.

Its not the worst merchandising company i've worked for but they need to look to employee retention before too much focus on the sales figures.
Pros
easy not very physical job, pretty flexible, they pay mileage
Cons
Poor management, communication, lower pay then similar job. they do not value their employees
Not worth it!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 25, 2019
Where do I start? There is so much that is wrong with this company. You will wake up to emails about how bad your stores look, even though it's not your fault. They do not care that the store staff moves fixtures or doesn't put things back.
People who have never set foot in your store (corporate) will send you items just to push the numbers and you have no place to put these "distribution" items.
You are given a time limit to complete a store but they don't take in to account that you will have to fix citrus squeezers, apple wedgers, and curly straws that have come apart. The packaging at this company sucks.
Don't even get me started on management. They dont care about you...at all. You are just a number in order to increase their numbers so they can look good. Terrible place to work. Do yourself a favor and get a job at one of the stores you would service because the pay is higher.

STAY AWAY!!
Pros
A small paycheck
Cons
Everything.
Work on your own. Responsible for your own day.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Start work any time from 6am-9am. You have 2-3 stores to service per day. Management is very hands off, but helpful if you need them. Training was minimum- learn as you go. That was the only frustrating part of the job. Best part of the job is you get to do your own thing and talking to store management and meeting new people.
Pros
You were responsible for your own stores and had control over your day.
Cons
The time and mileage compensation.
Do not even consider un less you want to be a part of an untruthful group
Job Seeker (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAJanuary 15, 2019
Interviewed for a position. I had MORE than enough experience to join this group. Everything looked good. After the interview they flat out LIED saying a position was filled when in fact it was not. I am a person of truth and kindness....DONT even consider if you have any truth and values to you.
Pros
Non
Cons
Its all in the reveiw.
Horrible Management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Loved when I worked for ATA Retail Services. The company merged with LaMi and became Jacent. Jacent has the worst managers you could possibly have in a company. They lie and only care about themselves. I was a part of this company for 9 years (ATA) before they became Jacent) and I had the best Territory Manager you could ask for within a company. When I found out she quit once the company became Jacent, I knew there was a problem. The company keeps adding additional work and doesn't provide enough time to get everything completed on each visit. Merchandisers have to message managers to work past the time given and managers don't respond in a timely manner or at all. Stay away from this company. They treat you horribly and don't care at all about their merchandisers.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Jacent is an overall ok company to work for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Massachusetts Bay, MADecember 11, 2018
Working for jacent has been anexperience
I love the freedom of coming and going as I please
The management is horrible though the communication lacks in many areas
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Very low pay VS other companies
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  USADecember 10, 2018
Promisies will be made but none will be kept.

Pay is bad...dont fall for the increases in the future...even if youre offer advancement

You are not in control of all your ordering and pay is based on time allowed per job NOT hours actually worked
Pros
somewhat flexible hours
Cons
poor pay and benefits
Flexible / Part Time
Merchandising Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 28, 2018
Merchandisers work within company guidelines to predictive order for the stores that they service. They are responsible for servicing a store(putting current order out and placing new order) on the service date each week, two weeks or monthly.(dependent on individual store's quarterly sales) Stores may be serviced anytime during business hours, making the position quite flexible. Depending on the amount of stores a merchandiser services and the distance from their home, there may be a lot of travel involved. Most travel time is paid the hourly wage in addition to a per mile allotment.
Pros
Flexibility
Don’t bother
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 16, 2018
If you have free time on your hands and no big bills and just wanna get out the house perfect job for you. This job doesn’t pay anything it’s bad pay and demotivates anyone to giving your all really. They want things done to quick with so little time.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Bad pay
The Worst
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 13, 2018
Worst Company I have EVER worked for.The Managers are a JOKE . No self value, Integrity . This company has been thrown out of stores because they straight up suck.I have never worked with such incompetant people.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Working For This Company