Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Reviews for Area Manager

If you do not mind volunteering some time ...
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 29, 2018
A typical day is talking to supervisors, touching every product, ordering to fill, predicting future needs for impulse buy products in various grocery chain. The allotted time is set by corporate and is very hard to work within time frame.

I learned to be quiet, do my job, and never ask questions or for clarification.

Area Managers are not what you think. They are basically the person to do all the stores when other employees are not available. You do not approve time, set schedules, communicate with others, discipline, or hire staff for your area.

Culture is stressful. Corporate has a good plan intact but it is not enforced in the work place. Make it look good on paper and you will do just fine, but I did not feel good about myself.

There is no advancement because that is where the perks and the money is.

I enjoyed my job more when I would just do things right without getting paid.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Regional & territory managers
Sounds great at first but beware
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  DfwAugust 10, 2018
So at first it’s great but then management just keeps getting worse and worse. This company can’t keep employees. Before you can even remember your bosses name they’re gone. They expect stores done on their schedule not yours. So it was to be done same day every week and can’t be changed or else management gets VERY upset. Pay is horrible compared to other merchandising companies. My advise is just runaway!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, Poor management
Jacent Strategic Merchandise
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Jacent Strategic is a nice place nice to work for. It allows me to use my people\sales skills with various people and managers. I get to work with big companies like Publix, Winn Dixie, Whole Foods. I love to help people and put a smile on there faces. I also love to resolved problems and issues that others can't. My boss is very nice and understanding with me. She allows me the freedom to handle and resolve situation on my own. The hardest part of my job is satisfying everyone's expectations. But I do try my best to do so.
Pros
The Freedom of handling things
Cons
Not enough hours.
Challenging, but fun
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeastern USJanuary 20, 2018
Servicing two to three stores a day without a supervisor looking over your shoulder every minute is a definite plus, but one must be diligent, hard working, and take personal pride in each and every store location to be a successful merchandiser. Slackers need not apply.
Workaholics dream
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 18, 2018
To start, I am still an employee here, I love my job. I feel like most of these reviews are from people who have quit or been let go and I want others to know if you like working and you like always learning new things and not having the day to day blah job. This is it! We are always growing and moving forwarded and every thing is just getting better! New technology, better training more communication from management and more!
Pros
Keeps you on your toes, flexible, be your own boss (in a sense) always growing
Cons
Pay, lack of hard workers