Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Reviews for Merchandiser

Find another company to work for!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 28, 2019
I improved sales by over 125% my 1st year, nothing, no bonus, no recognition.I turned stores around that were a mess, I covered for others, worked 7 days a wk at times and nights, told if I went full time no increase in pay, yet in adjacent communities start pay was increased by $4.00 an hr. I don't feel there was any communication with the area mgr, district mgr, and especially the regional mgr. The 1st 20 miles and 1 hr drive excluded from being paid (mileage is paid after at a measly 34 cents a mile). They ask you to travel outside of your area so 10 trips in a 2 week pay period: exclude 10 hrs of drive time and 200 miles which you will not get paid for. They send so much stuff, mgmnt at stores get irate and then your regional mgr plays games, does not call you back or do what she said she was going to do and won't back you up! This is a sinking ship. This was truly a waste of my time working for them.
Pros
Met some really nice store employess
Cons
Don't work here!
Great Flexible Job
Merchandiser (part-time) (Current Employee) –  AlaskaApril 6, 2019
This is a great flexible part time job. Works great around my commitments.
Merchandise ordering, merchandising and inventory control. Strategic placement of good throughout the store to encourage shoppers to buy.
I get an excellent wage and mileage. Employee incentives and discounts are available.

This is a part time position. I could not ask for more.

If your looking for a second job I would highly recommend.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
only offered pt time
Run from this company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 22, 2019
Territory Manager flat out lied to me on two occasions. Merchandisers are sent mountains of product to place in stores that are too small to handle the volume. My hours were cut in half, even though I was an excellent employee and merchandiser.
I loved parts of my job but left because the Territory Manager was awful.
Pros
Some of the employees at the stores you work at are so nice.
Cons
Territory manager, company culture, company making bad business decisions.
Too much stress for something so easy
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 10, 2019
Territory manager resentful, disrespectful, irresponsible. Too much extra product sent to stores not enough time to clean up the stores put product out and order correctly. Territory manager will cause so much havoic between other merchandisers and she loves doing that.
Corporate will not listen to what she does.
Nothing but stress and broken promises. Run from this company. You will regret working here. GLAD I LEFT.
Pros
Cons
Stress, disrespectful managers
Flexible and easy job for most
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYFebruary 18, 2019
Many company changes over the past two years have made this once loved job very difficult. Too many issues with too many areas are causing major problems with the stores and the merchandisers. Upper management does not understand the issues the merchandisers are having as they do not work in the field. Direct manager is amazing, helpful and fights for her team.
Pros
Flexible
Poor Management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New EnglandFebruary 15, 2019
Many managers dont have the competency to do the job they are managing. Upper levels are unresponsive to real problems in the field that could be resolved, sometimes easily and with retailer support. Hours are determined BEFORE you actually perform the work and you will sometimes be making less per hour than advertised.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
if you take pride in your work you'll make less per hour than advertised
Upper Management just don't get it! Very Poor
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 3, 2019
I have recently left the company, not because it was a hard job,or terrible hours. I had family obligations that caused me to leave the part-time job.

My local managers were great but next level up there was no communication, but the worst was head office. routes and visit dates were changed without any communication with the local route reps. New technology was introduced with lots of bugs and very little tech support. Bonus and incentives were talked about but not implemented while I was employed.

They do not value their employees!

Upper management did not acknowledge a job well done or give a bonus for increasing sales or building relationships. Pay is low compared to other merchandising companies. As merchandising jobs go this one is pretty easy, hanging product onto hanging plastic strips, the most physical part is lifting the product boxes, which were not very heavy. Hours vary for many different reasons.It was pretty flexible if there was bad weather or you needed to change service dates for sickness etc.

Its not the worst merchandising company i've worked for but they need to look to employee retention before too much focus on the sales figures.
Pros
easy not very physical job, pretty flexible, they pay mileage
Cons
Poor management, communication, lower pay then similar job. they do not value their employees
Not worth it!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 25, 2019
Where do I start? There is so much that is wrong with this company. You will wake up to emails about how bad your stores look, even though it's not your fault. They do not care that the store staff moves fixtures or doesn't put things back.
People who have never set foot in your store (corporate) will send you items just to push the numbers and you have no place to put these "distribution" items.
You are given a time limit to complete a store but they don't take in to account that you will have to fix citrus squeezers, apple wedgers, and curly straws that have come apart. The packaging at this company sucks.
Don't even get me started on management. They dont care about you...at all. You are just a number in order to increase their numbers so they can look good. Terrible place to work. Do yourself a favor and get a job at one of the stores you would service because the pay is higher.

STAY AWAY!!
Pros
A small paycheck
Cons
Everything.
Work on your own. Responsible for your own day.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Start work any time from 6am-9am. You have 2-3 stores to service per day. Management is very hands off, but helpful if you need them. Training was minimum- learn as you go. That was the only frustrating part of the job. Best part of the job is you get to do your own thing and talking to store management and meeting new people.
Pros
You were responsible for your own stores and had control over your day.
Cons
The time and mileage compensation.
Horrible Management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Loved when I worked for ATA Retail Services. The company merged with LaMi and became Jacent. Jacent has the worst managers you could possibly have in a company. They lie and only care about themselves. I was a part of this company for 9 years (ATA) before they became Jacent) and I had the best Territory Manager you could ask for within a company. When I found out she quit once the company became Jacent, I knew there was a problem. The company keeps adding additional work and doesn't provide enough time to get everything completed on each visit. Merchandisers have to message managers to work past the time given and managers don't respond in a timely manner or at all. Stay away from this company. They treat you horribly and don't care at all about their merchandisers.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Very low pay VS other companies
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  USADecember 10, 2018
Promisies will be made but none will be kept.

Pay is bad...dont fall for the increases in the future...even if youre offer advancement

You are not in control of all your ordering and pay is based on time allowed per job NOT hours actually worked
Pros
somewhat flexible hours
Cons
poor pay and benefits
Don’t bother
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 16, 2018
If you have free time on your hands and no big bills and just wanna get out the house perfect job for you. This job doesn’t pay anything it’s bad pay and demotivates anyone to giving your all really. They want things done to quick with so little time.
Pros
Work alone
Cons
Bad pay
The Worst
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TXNovember 13, 2018
Worst Company I have EVER worked for.The Managers are a JOKE . No self value, Integrity . This company has been thrown out of stores because they straight up suck.I have never worked with such incompetant people.
Pros
Quitting
Cons
Working For This Company
employees are a dime a dozen to them- AWFUL COMPANY
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Southern Calif.October 24, 2018
This company went from 2 strong good companies to work for ATA and LAMI to Jacent who bought them out. They lie to employees and will never give anyone below territory management pay increases or health benefits. They abuse area management , which is the worst position to have. They want you to do just as they say and don't care to know nor will consider what really happens in the field. They will push and push and push you for more and they want it done in less time. The wages are better working in a fast food restaurant or swinging a sign on a corner . This company will eat you up and kick you to the curb when they cant come up with anymore lies to tell you.

I will leave this company and never look back after the new year if I can even take it that much longer
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
The list goes from A thru Z too many to list here
Run far away from jacent!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 27, 2018
Jacents only concern is their bottom line. No customer service and ZERO merchandiser RESPECT! They will pay someone to drive to your stores to service and then act like you did them a disservice by not getting to the stores first. PAY vs. Time allotted in the stores is ridiculous. Horrible experiences with this unprofessional company. You can call your supervisor with questions and he will tell you that he doesn't work after 5pm. Don't expect a return call from support or your supervisor it will not happen.
Pros
Training department is great!
Cons
Area and Territory Managers blatantly lie, There is no team work.
Sounds good at first but don't waste your time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 18, 2018
This company makes themselves sound good but in reality they aren't. There's no money to be made with short servicing times and the times are about to get shorter with "new technology". If a person needs to make 100 bucks a day to survive, think how many stores would have to be serviced at an average of an hour or so a store. Read all reviews and make an educated choice. I'm easy to please and don't expect much, but when you have territory managers making false accusations to cover their self it shows itself for what it truly is. This is an ethics issue and there's all the supply, customer service and HR issues as well. Potential employers beware!
Pros
Simple scheduling
Cons
Too numerous to list
Flexible hours /Low pay
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
Great job because you work alone, but horrible pay and bad management. Not trained properly and pay is not correctly given to you on time. Service times for stores is unreasonable and impossible. This company should really revisit their policies on pay and service times.
Pros
Flexible hours/ working alone
Cons
Low pay/ bad management/ not paid on time
Do not work here!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 15, 2018
If you are in the Colorado area, don’t bother!! Management is horrible! You will never be rewarded for any work. No matter how hard you work!! Pay is unfair for expectations!! It took 6 years before I was payed what the start pay at Mc Donald’s pay is. Take my advice. Just go to Mc Donald’s!! You will be treated better.
Compensation needs correcting
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Central CTMarch 23, 2018
I've been involved in Sales and Merchandising for over 45 years, and took this position after my retirement. The time limits for the work that needed to be accomplished were unrealistic. Many things affect your time in the stores....accessing locked up product, replacing damaged fixtures, ordering, etc. And the mileage reimbursement needs to be adjusted. most of my stores were within 10 miles of home, but Jacent deducted 20 miles daily for commuting. It should be actual mileage and not a set number. So I was losing money each day. But no one at the company even asked why I decided to leave the company.
Pros
Flexible schedule, clean working conditions
Cons
Poor mileage reimbursement policy
Jacent Strtegic Merchandising
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEFebruary 20, 2018
I started work through ATA Merchandising which was then taken over by Jacent. My orders to the company are entered via phone.
Order is delivered to the store and I place those items on the back-to back hangers down each aisle. I keep those hangers in a neat & orderly manner and remove any out of date merchandise from the store.
Pros
Part time employment which takes 1.5 hrs at each store every other week.
Cons
I work independently with very little oversight