Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Review

View all Jacent Strategic Merchandising reviews

Horrible Management
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Loved when I worked for ATA Retail Services. The company merged with LaMi and became Jacent. Jacent has the worst managers you could possibly have in a company. They lie and only care about themselves. I was a part of this company for 9 years (ATA) before they became Jacent) and I had the best Territory Manager you could ask for within a company. When I found out she quit once the company became Jacent, I knew there was a problem. The company keeps adding additional work and doesn't provide enough time to get everything completed on each visit. Merchandisers have to message managers to work past the time given and managers don't respond in a timely manner or at all. Stay away from this company. They treat you horribly and don't care at all about their merchandisers.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list

Other Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Reviews

Great place to work, good work-life balance
Administration (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2019
I've worked for other retail companies but have found Jacent to be the best of them so far. The work-life balance is good, people that understand and care about you. Is everything perfect, no, but I can honestly say most things are and there is no job or company where everything is perfect. I work with and for some very good people and that is critical to me.
Pros
Work-life balance, culture
Cons
Fast paced
absolutely horrible!
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousMay 3, 2019
pay scale is way out of whack; with people being hired in at a higher rate than people that have worked for the company for years. Corporate doesn't care about what the reps deal with out in the stores, pushing out "sales drivers" in massive amounts, even when the stores are dissatisfied with all the extra product coming in. On top of the sales drivers, the company requires you to order to fill and "anticipate sales". All that does is create unnecessary backstock, overfill and damages which creates more work that isn't included in your allotted time. No support from upper management for field personnel. Not enough time allowed to properly service a store; they don't take into consideration where a store is located or the size of the store when formulating your time allowed for service. Communication is almost non-existent; you have to figure things out for yourself when you get to the store and see new products, sales drivers or products out of stock or discontinued. The warehouse needs some serious training and new management. Seldom is there an order that is packed accurately, with counts being different from what the invoice states, one product shipped in place of another; orders "lost" in the system; partial orders being shipped; orders not shipping when they should so you can work your store on the day you're supposed to. The company uses an app for ordering that is not compatible with the business at all. You constantly encounter problems which add to the time you are in a store, and accuracy of orders. Recruiting department is pitiful with job reqs being open  more... for weeks on end before getting people to hire.  less
Pros
working independently
Cons
the entire structure of the company