Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Review

View all Jacent Strategic Merchandising reviews

If you do not mind volunteering some time ...
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 29, 2018
A typical day is talking to supervisors, touching every product, ordering to fill, predicting future needs for impulse buy products in various grocery chain. The allotted time is set by corporate and is very hard to work within time frame.

I learned to be quiet, do my job, and never ask questions or for clarification.

Area Managers are not what you think. They are basically the person to do all the stores when other employees are not available. You do not approve time, set schedules, communicate with others, discipline, or hire staff for your area.

Culture is stressful. Corporate has a good plan intact but it is not enforced in the work place. Make it look good on paper and you will do just fine, but I did not feel good about myself.

There is no advancement because that is where the perks and the money is.

I enjoyed my job more when I would just do things right without getting paid.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Regional & territory managers

Other Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Reviews

Good place to work for, flexible schedule.
Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2019
Friendly environment. You can be creative when doing your weekly assignment at your stores. You can ask for more stores, if you need to add more hours to your schedule. Also, opportunity to cover stores for other people when in PTO. Also, sometimes there are team work assignments.

I like my direct managers. In general, its good management as a company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Great place to work, good work-life balance
Administration (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2019
I've worked for other retail companies but have found Jacent to be the best of them so far. The work-life balance is good, people that understand and care about you. Is everything perfect, no, but I can honestly say most things are and there is no job or company where everything is perfect. I work with and for some very good people and that is critical to me.
Pros
Work-life balance, culture
Cons
Fast paced