Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Review

View all Jacent Strategic Merchandising reviews

This Company has no Real Values for Hard working people
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaFebruary 13, 2019
This company could care less if you’re a hard worker or slacker. The focus for the people up top is how to make one person do a three people job without real compensation. This company has demoted Area Managers in order to force them to take away stores from other part time reps. When we work a store, we are all paid by invoices and that incorporates into our hourly wage. They have found a way to lessen our invoice time, so that we have to rush and service a store without paying us extra. This company is so cheap and look at us as slave drivers. And incentives??!! What a joke! They get you hyped about incentives like you’re going to get a bonus or gift card to increase their profit and never follow through on their end. No raises! Bare minimum benefits! And a bunch of incompetent people who make a nice salary off the bottom people’s hard work. Do yourself a favor and stay away! If you have a family to take care of, you really need to stay away!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management can’t be trusted. No raises!

Other Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Reviews

Great place to work, good work-life balance
Administration (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2019
I've worked for other retail companies but have found Jacent to be the best of them so far. The work-life balance is good, people that understand and care about you. Is everything perfect, no, but I can honestly say most things are and there is no job or company where everything is perfect. I work with and for some very good people and that is critical to me.
Pros
Work-life balance, culture
Cons
Fast paced
absolutely horrible!
anonymous (Former Employee) –  anonymousMay 3, 2019
pay scale is way out of whack; with people being hired in at a higher rate than people that have worked for the company for years. Corporate doesn't care about what the reps deal with out in the stores, pushing out "sales drivers" in massive amounts, even when the stores are dissatisfied with all the extra product coming in. On top of the sales drivers, the company requires you to order to fill and "anticipate sales". All that does is create unnecessary backstock, overfill and damages which creates more work that isn't included in your allotted time. No support from upper management for field personnel. Not enough time allowed to properly service a store; they don't take into consideration where a store is located or the size of the store when formulating your time allowed for service. Communication is almost non-existent; you have to figure things out for yourself when you get to the store and see new products, sales drivers or products out of stock or discontinued. The warehouse needs some serious training and new management. Seldom is there an order that is packed accurately, with counts being different from what the invoice states, one product shipped in place of another; orders "lost" in the system; partial orders being shipped; orders not shipping when they should so you can work your store on the day you're supposed to. The company uses an app for ordering that is not compatible with the business at all. You constantly encounter problems which add to the time you are in a store, and accuracy of orders. Recruiting department is pitiful with job reqs being open  more... for weeks on end before getting people to hire.  less
Pros
working independently
Cons
the entire structure of the company