Jacent Strategic Merchandising Employee Reviews

Don't waste your time and sanity
Lead Merchabduser (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 31, 2018
Management is horrible, they lie to cover themselves and if you call them out on it you are in the wrong. No room for advancement, no praise, no reasonable incentives, they'll run you ragged traveling 60 miles away to service one store, etc. The work itself is good, but the way you are supposed to do things will change almost daily, so you are constantly frustrated, exhausted and unsure. Very poor pay, constantly untruthful about benefits, and the way you are supposed to do tasks. Expectations are super high, but pay is so low your motivation is rock bottom. Very poor support and training. Area Manager will often have you do her job by doing interviews and training because she doesn't want to travel. They will burn you out and toss you to the side, no respect given. Your loyalty and dedication to the company does nothing for you unfortunately. I love the job but can't deal with the management.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor training, no praise, horrible pay, either over worked or under worked no in between with them.
If you do not mind volunteering some time ...
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 29, 2018
A typical day is talking to supervisors, touching every product, ordering to fill, predicting future needs for impulse buy products in various grocery chain. The allotted time is set by corporate and is very hard to work within time frame.

I learned to be quiet, do my job, and never ask questions or for clarification.

Area Managers are not what you think. They are basically the person to do all the stores when other employees are not available. You do not approve time, set schedules, communicate with others, discipline, or hire staff for your area.

Culture is stressful. Corporate has a good plan intact but it is not enforced in the work place. Make it look good on paper and you will do just fine, but I did not feel good about myself.

There is no advancement because that is where the perks and the money is.

I enjoyed my job more when I would just do things right without getting paid.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Regional & territory managers
employees are a dime a dozen to them- AWFUL COMPANY
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Southern Calif.October 24, 2018
This company went from 2 strong good companies to work for ATA and LAMI to Jacent who bought them out. They lie to employees and will never give anyone below territory management pay increases or health benefits. They abuse area management , which is the worst position to have. They want you to do just as they say and don't care to know nor will consider what really happens in the field. They will push and push and push you for more and they want it done in less time. The wages are better working in a fast food restaurant or swinging a sign on a corner . This company will eat you up and kick you to the curb when they cant come up with anymore lies to tell you.

I will leave this company and never look back after the new year if I can even take it that much longer
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
The list goes from A thru Z too many to list here
Fun people
Reset Merchandiser Temporary (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 7, 2018
Jacent was a great temp job to work. I enjoyed the people I worked with. They came from all over to get the Winn Dixie stores and At Home stores reset.
Pros
Fun, great pay, great people
Cons
No gripes about job.
Run far away from jacent!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 27, 2018
Jacents only concern is their bottom line. No customer service and ZERO merchandiser RESPECT! They will pay someone to drive to your stores to service and then act like you did them a disservice by not getting to the stores first. PAY vs. Time allotted in the stores is ridiculous. Horrible experiences with this unprofessional company. You can call your supervisor with questions and he will tell you that he doesn't work after 5pm. Don't expect a return call from support or your supervisor it will not happen.
Pros
Training department is great!
Cons
Area and Territory Managers blatantly lie, There is no team work.
Sounds good at first but don't waste your time
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 18, 2018
This company makes themselves sound good but in reality they aren't. There's no money to be made with short servicing times and the times are about to get shorter with "new technology". If a person needs to make 100 bucks a day to survive, think how many stores would have to be serviced at an average of an hour or so a store. Read all reviews and make an educated choice. I'm easy to please and don't expect much, but when you have territory managers making false accusations to cover their self it shows itself for what it truly is. This is an ethics issue and there's all the supply, customer service and HR issues as well. Potential employers beware!
Pros
Simple scheduling
Cons
Too numerous to list
Sounds great at first but beware
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  DfwAugust 10, 2018
So at first it’s great but then management just keeps getting worse and worse. This company can’t keep employees. Before you can even remember your bosses name they’re gone. They expect stores done on their schedule not yours. So it was to be done same day every week and can’t be changed or else management gets VERY upset. Pay is horrible compared to other merchandising companies. My advise is just runaway!
Pros
Cons
Low pay, Poor management
Flexible hours /Low pay
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 16, 2018
Great job because you work alone, but horrible pay and bad management. Not trained properly and pay is not correctly given to you on time. Service times for stores is unreasonable and impossible. This company should really revisit their policies on pay and service times.
Pros
Flexible hours/ working alone
Cons
Low pay/ bad management/ not paid on time
Do not work here!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  ColoradoMay 15, 2018
If you are in the Colorado area, don’t bother!! Management is horrible! You will never be rewarded for any work. No matter how hard you work!! Pay is unfair for expectations!! It took 6 years before I was payed what the start pay at Mc Donald’s pay is. Take my advice. Just go to Mc Donald’s!! You will be treated better.
Compensation needs correcting
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Central CTMarch 23, 2018
I've been involved in Sales and Merchandising for over 45 years, and took this position after my retirement. The time limits for the work that needed to be accomplished were unrealistic. Many things affect your time in the stores....accessing locked up product, replacing damaged fixtures, ordering, etc. And the mileage reimbursement needs to be adjusted. most of my stores were within 10 miles of home, but Jacent deducted 20 miles daily for commuting. It should be actual mileage and not a set number. So I was losing money each day. But no one at the company even asked why I decided to leave the company.
Pros
Flexible schedule, clean working conditions
Cons
Poor mileage reimbursement policy
productive and kept you busy
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chester, PAFebruary 26, 2018
Nice Company to work for if you are in need of a job. Could go long term if your determined. Don't know to much about higher ups and what they do but could be fun
Jacent Strtegic Merchandising
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, NEFebruary 20, 2018
I started work through ATA Merchandising which was then taken over by Jacent. My orders to the company are entered via phone.
Order is delivered to the store and I place those items on the back-to back hangers down each aisle. I keep those hangers in a neat & orderly manner and remove any out of date merchandise from the store.
Pros
Part time employment which takes 1.5 hrs at each store every other week.
Cons
I work independently with very little oversight
Stay away from this job.
Merchandiser (part-time) (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 17, 2018
This job was advertised as 14 hours week but turned out to be 6 hours every other week,Not worth fooling with,Training was very poor with my trainer constantly on phone trying to put out fires and talking to other merchandisers.Projected work time for each store unrealistic.

Stores seemed to be in disaray with no continuity with stock numbers and ordering system.

very confusing pay plan with every minute being accounted for and poor compensation for use of personal vehicle.
Jacent Strategic Merchandise
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Jacent Strategic is a nice place nice to work for. It allows me to use my people\sales skills with various people and managers. I get to work with big companies like Publix, Winn Dixie, Whole Foods. I love to help people and put a smile on there faces. I also love to resolved problems and issues that others can't. My boss is very nice and understanding with me. She allows me the freedom to handle and resolve situation on my own. The hardest part of my job is satisfying everyone's expectations. But I do try my best to do so.
Pros
The Freedom of handling things
Cons
Not enough hours.
This company needs serious help
Current employee (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 26, 2018
Very poor pay, constantly untruthful about benefits, the way you are supposed to do tasks. In less than a year, management has changed 4 times. Expectations are super high, but pay is so low your motivation is rock bottom. The way you are supposed to do things will change almost daily, so you are constantly frustrated, exhausted and unsure. Very poor support and training.
Pros
Work
Cons
Low pay, poor management, company has no idea what they're doing
Challenging, but fun
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeastern USJanuary 20, 2018
Servicing two to three stores a day without a supervisor looking over your shoulder every minute is a definite plus, but one must be diligent, hard working, and take personal pride in each and every store location to be a successful merchandiser. Slackers need not apply.
Workaholics dream
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 18, 2018
To start, I am still an employee here, I love my job. I feel like most of these reviews are from people who have quit or been let go and I want others to know if you like working and you like always learning new things and not having the day to day blah job. This is it! We are always growing and moving forwarded and every thing is just getting better! New technology, better training more communication from management and more!
Pros
Keeps you on your toes, flexible, be your own boss (in a sense) always growing
Cons
Pay, lack of hard workers
Great flexible job
Customer Service/Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 27, 2017
This is a great job to have if you want to work part time and enjoy extremely flexible hours. You don’t get a lot of hours, typically 8–16 a week. I enjoy working for them.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Less than desirable
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJDecember 1, 2017
This company used to be known as Lami and ATA, they merchandise impulse items on clip strips in grocery stores and merged to become one company called Jacent. I used to love my job in the beginning over 3 1/2 years ago with Lami. Since they became Jacent in the beginning of 2017 it has been one continuous nightmare. All work is now Part-time meaning around 7-10 stores, and no Over-time is allowed. They tell you that you can get 3 hours per store but will never send you all the product you need so you can get your 3 hours. Hours are based on the size of your order. A typical day consists of going into a store, locating your product, and putting it on a clip strip in the location you ordered it from on your previous visit. Not a difficult job by any means, however, don't expect the device they give you to place your orders, to work, meaning you will be doing orders by hand frequently. Plan on entering your orders on your home WI-FI so you can get paid. The pay starts at $11.00 per hour, so be prepared to be happy with that for a long time to come. The hardest part of this job was dealing "daily" with the stress brought on by this company not having their act together. I enjoyed the flexibility and the hope, that I worked for a company who truly cared.

Good Luck
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Stress
More or less laid back
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Starkville, MSNovember 8, 2017
To be perfectly honest, I can not give a full review on this job since I haven't really worked all that long with the company plus I do not really know all that much about the CEO of the company either.