Jack Entertainment Employee Reviews

Unappreciated and Lack of managerial support
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Randall, OHNovember 12, 2018
The job itself is easy, but the atmosphere makes it a very stressful job. Guests are rude and expect you to give them the world, all while they're throwing cards/money at you, or complaining to you about them losing their money. Then, you rarely get managerial support, instead the focus is always on what you do wrong. There are so many rules that it is hard to keep up with them sometimes. The most positive thing is the relationships that you develop with your peers. It is the ONLY thing that makes it worthwhile.
Pros
Peer Relationships
Cons
Overworked, lack of mgr support
The most stressful job ever.
Marketing dept (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 6, 2018
Management is a joke, if your not a part of their click your out the door. Always have to watch your back, over worked and under paid, don’t plan to make a career out of it, your opinion never matters. And the union sucks.
Pros
Food discounts
Cons
Cross your T’s and dot your i’s
Great Job
Warehouse Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Great Job
I have worked for Jack Entertainment for the last 5 years and have relocated to Detroit - Greektown Casino Hotel to help the transition to Jack Entertainment.
Talk the talk but they dont walk the walk
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioAugust 7, 2018
The employees are what make this place great. There are some good perks such as employee outings and special activity days. There is a decent reward program but the management hardly ever uses it. However the upper management could care less about anyone but themselves. There is no work life balance unless you force it and they will make you feel guilty.
Poor Management
Not disclosed (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 3, 2018
The culture is bad. Management will help you succeed if you’re part of their “click”. If you are a salaried employee and if they want you terminated, they will make sure it happens. They will find any reason, no matter how silly. HR is very unorganized and doesn’t follow through as they should. It’s bad when the CEO can’t make decisions because home office dictates everything! Yes... home office dictates EVERYTHING! When you’re told to basically shut up and do the work... it’s time to find new employment. Your ideas won’t be heard and you definitely won’t be appreciated. You’ll be just a body in a chair. They have their own “click” who will be successful. Don’t trust anybody, as they’ll turn on you. As a salaried member, you must keep your mouth shut, head down and do as you’re told. Who wants to do that and walk on egg shells everyday? I did it for too long. I was absolutely miserable my last 4 months employed there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management; lack of training and development
Simply Jack
Marketing Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 19, 2018
Like every company there are friendly, talented and smart people. Unfortunately you're taking a huge gamble (pun intended) that you'll get to work with/along side them.

It's a very top heavy company with half of the home office being made up of Vice Presidents and their assistants. Many managers have an appalling lack of respect for their subordinates and have no interest in providing mentoring or career development opportunities.
Various Opportunties
Risk & Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 19, 2018
In my position, each day is different. I spend the majority of my time preventing accidents. When incident happen, I manage all claims for the property. I'm also responsible for keeping the building in compliance with various agencies.
Great Place to Work - but you have to HUSTLE
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Cleveland. OhioJuly 16, 2018
Summers are rough on tips, great benefits, game days tips can be excellent, some work drama, 12 points to terminate, 4 in first 90 days. This is not a job for people who call off a lot. It's a job to show up, work hard and you'll reap rewards.

This is a place that houses addictions. Gambling, alcohol, drugs - I've seen it all. This is not for the faint of heart.if you have a tough shell and want to work hard - you'll do great here.
Pros
Reduced lunches, in house cafe, great benefits, great tips
Cons
Miscommunications, some management issues, customers can be very rude
What I learned
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  North Randall, OHJuly 13, 2018
At JACK Entertainment I have learned how to be diverse. Between guest interaction, job and time management, and bouncing between venues I have learned that doing what you need to do to help out in any situation will carry you far with respect and knowledge. I have learned how to handle stressful situations with co-workers and guests the best way. I have also excelled in many jobs by learning different positions within the Racino. Being able to step into others shoes and see how they handle the job is something I will always carry with me.
Greektown Casino
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 28, 2018
Never followed the company culture, even though they thought they did. Management always made terrible decisions and just expected everyone to fall in line. Favoritism always trumped all decision making.
Pros
free lunch and good health ins.
Cons
upper managment doesn't have clue.
Couldn't d o this full time
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  North Randall, OHJune 22, 2018
Part time is all I can do here. Fast paced, always something to see, and for the most part the management is cool. What makes it frustrating is no one is ever on the same accord. You ask a question, and get multiple answers. The policies are different from department to department and I have yet to see someone be promoted from within. On the flip side us little guys stick together, co-workers are caring and cool. THEY keep me there, and the money isn't bad for part time either. If you can deal with the environment and what it brings you may enjoy it!
Pros
Easy job, good money, family-like coworkers
Cons
Poor management, no room for advancement, rude guest
Unappreciated
Snack attendant (Former Employee) –  North RandallJune 12, 2018
Over worked and under paid. Lazy management all they do is smoke cigarettes all day. Always under staff. Also most workers are lazy and always some where hiding so they don't have to work, making it hard on the ones who do actually work. Worst job I ever had.
Pros
Friendly guest
fun
Valet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 4, 2018
The company has provided sound systems to grow . The trust of the employees has been outstanding and given the why to make the cites better. necessary young men will have the tools need
Fun Place to work
Beverage Supervisor/ Buffet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland OhioMay 7, 2018
Always new and exciting things to learn and do. the people you meet and co-workers you meet are just amazing people. I have learned so much and I enjoy the work I do everyday.
Made sure of one very important thing...
just another JACK in the Box (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 10, 2018
IF you intend to become an employee, make really dang sure of one thing... That you have absolutely NOTHING on your criminal back round check. Does not matter how minor of a charge it was, or if it would not be related to the job your applying for, or even if it was decades ago. If it's on your record, you more than likely won't get your license and will be looking for a job all over again a month later.
A typical day can either be fast paced and moving like a well oiled machine, or dead in the water like an upturned fish. IMHO, hardest part was when it was dead, and the most enjoyable was when busy. 99% of the Teammates are pleasant people to be around, though gossip travels faster there than a three person telephone game. Management are pleasant as well, but like anywhere you go, if you don't do your job expect them to say something about it.
Pros
discounted lunches, nice people to work with, fast paced atmosphere...
Cons
NO job security what so ever until that little card is in your hands, then you have a shot.
Overall good company
Bar Porter/ Slot attendant- Guest relations (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 21, 2018
My overall experience was good. Learned a lot, enjoyed working with people and making them happy. I worked 3rd shift and it was hard at night but I managed. I am looking for day or early evening jobs. I enjoyed getting paid tips as well as a paycheck.
Poorly Run Department
Table Games (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioMarch 10, 2018
Our Department in Table Games is one of the most poorly run operations I have had experience with. It starts from the top down. Employees from the manager positions down to the dealer positions are underpaid. The culture is to cater to the drug dealers and rude patrons that enter the casino on a daily basis. If you have any kind of money to play, you are allowed to treat the staff worse than strippers are treated at their job. It is a cut throat department where no one will hesitate to throw you under the bus as long as it makes them look good. If you have any other option, I would suggest staying away.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers
Cons
Everything Else
starter job
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cleveland ohioMarch 1, 2018
Good starter job with a fast paced environment, There is chance for advancement. Pay is not good for the responsibility thrust upon the cashiers. You have to deal with ungrateful guests and be able to handle insults. Cashiers don't seem to be able to last very long as there is a high turnover. Management also do not have your backs when it come to issues
The most enjoyable part of the job is your teammates who really try to do a good job and the discounted food in the employee lunch room
Pros
free parking, discount on food, casino environment
Cons
pay, management, egos, rude guests
Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2018
Its an unorthodox job in that you are met with different responsibilities constantly. You interact with clients constantly and you have to be quick on your feet. Its a job that bucks the ordinary cubicle type job, this job demands interacting with varied constituencies.
Pros
great experience
Great People, Low Pay
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 27, 2018
The people who work here are amazing every day is a different entertaining experience. Low stress environment with varying work loads from day to day. Work on weekends and holidays with no additional pay.
Pros
Great environment, Friendly people
Cons
No incentives