Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Jack Henry and Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Jack Henry and Associates, Inc. insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Remote work environment

Very hard to receive promotions. No time during work hours to participate in training and improvement measures. Expected to take on extra work projects but no time to devote to them as work load is heavy and you find yourself just trying to get through the day without having to work until 6pm or later.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Average benefit package, difficult to earn promotions

Coworkers were amazing management was horrible

Good place to work if the management was good. Coworkers were absolutely amazing all around. A major con was being thrown on the phones with no training besides one whole day.

Pros

Coworkers were so helpful and nice

Cons

Management was 100% horrible

Your experience will depend on your boss

Not only for myself but for everyone else I know who have/are working there, your experience will depend on your boss. Many of the people who become managers or supervisors don’t have the understanding or experience of being a leader because they advance from their technical experience or they are part of the click connections. Especially when a person gets advanced from brown nosing and you don’t brown nose them. This in turn can make your life he11! Be careful and do your research on who you will be working for. They can definitely be a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Pros

Lunches, benefits, technology

Cons

Meetings, concerns fall in deaf ears, don’t cross HR

Typical Corporate Environment

Good company, good people, good culture. Solid place to work with mostly good management but expanding your skillsets is difficult. Company and positions are very siloed and HR makes it very difficult to move around. You might have 90% of the skillset required for a position but missing one skill (or experience in that skill) per the job description and HR will refuse to send your resume through.

Pros

Good culture and good people

Cons

Hr

Solid

Overall great place to work. Proud culture for good reasons. Some interfighting amongst middle management made for some ambiguity in mission at times. Solid senior leadership team always looking to do right by employees and customers.

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Busy workplace

High call volume sometimes and have to work every weekend at least one day. Short breaks short lunches. Overall good place to work in if you have banking experience.

Pros

Full time and part-time positions.

Cons

Short breaks, work at least one day on the weekend

Exhausting

It’s great in the beginning and they preach about what a wonderful place it is to work. There are some lovely people but it has transitioned from a place that values their employees above most things, to a place that values the numbers. Calls per minute, handle ratio, call time… it’s all become the only thing that matters. I first started and everyone was willing to help each other, made for a great environment but now no one wants to take a minute out of their day because they are scared to get in trouble so you’re left floundering.

Pros

Work from home at the time, good vending machine

Cons

Not good work life balance, don’t feel valued, focus on quantity over quality, strict adherence policy

Just dont

All I can say is regret. I don’t get the help that I need to And all of my issues is basically taking very lightly. If you have anything that you have to go to do during work you will receive absent points for it. The only way to get off work is to trade shifts if anyone is willing to try to shift with you. If not then you have to call out of work and receive another point. The life work balance is very poor at the job

Like family

Co-workers and managers are great. They communicate well and make you feel welcomed. It did not feel like a hostile environment at all. Co-workers were always open to helping you with anything.

Outstanding corporate culture

Jack Henry & Associates provides a positive culture for colleagues and clients. I was able to grow with the company and promoted based upon my demonstrated talents. Compensation was fair and benefits were excellent. I was well taken care of and would recommend Jack Henry & Associates to anyone possessing the job opening requirements.

Pros

401k matching, health/dental/vision benefits, employee assistance plan

Cons

Can be extremely fast paced causing pressure

Corporate environment

Not a people environment, but a corporate environment. No longer concerned about the employee, but about profit. Not a people environment, but a corporate environment.

Typical corporate business culture.

Typical day - they leave you alone with no meetings or any sense of progress on a project.Learned - taught myself other languages and programming techniques not related to the job.Culture - cubes in office. Do not support working together. Sit alone, work alone... makes you not want to ask questions.I enjoyed the food when I was in the office. That was about it.I was a conversion programmer... basically build speed programs for each conversion. The project manager would manage the project except by saying "looks like we're on schedule with the timeline". That timeline was on an excel spreadsheet. Our work wasn't checked at the end of it for final approval. Just move on to the next project so they can keep the money flowing. For the top five banking software companies... I was really dissatisfied with the job and surprised how far behind they are in the programming technology world. We coded on the green screen.... it's 2021!!!

Pros

Good lunch in office and left alone during work.

Cons

They completely leave you alone until something comes up.

Great people- hard job

The job itself isn’t hard. It could be very easy IF the customers that call in weren’t so mean. I get cussed daily and sometimes it’s things I cannot control. Management and other peers are nothing short of amazing, though. They are there for you through it all so that is great. It’s just the job itself is mentally demanding and it makes things hard

Pros

Great management

Cons

Mean customers

Good place to work. Awesome work/life balance. Pay could be better.

Good place to work. Awesome work/life balance. Pay could be better. Haven't had a lot of opportunities for training since I began working there some years ago.

Exhausting

The calls are back to back and you cannot request any holidays off. If your days off don't fall on a holiday you will work every single one unless you can get someone to trade with you.

It’s a job, not a career.

Not a team like environment, if your part-time you do not get overtime and the only benefit you have is 401k and some vacation time (about a week, no personal or sick days). Mandatory to work holidays, and no you don’t get paid extra. Split days off for work. You can’t lie to the members but you can’t be honest. Superficial support, procedures and tools available are not sufficient, not really member focused. I am seeing my resignation coming up soon. Not to mention management and below have been there two years or less, and few actually know about banking.

Pros

It’s remote

Cons

About 98 percent of everything

Used to be a Great Place to Work

Some managers micromanage to the point that nearly ALL the staff under them are beyond stressed with the many factors you must follow in order to not be written up or terminated over. Don't make an error or you're done for with the company. This company used to be very good to work for until they decided to hire people to manage, who have NEVER done the job of the people they are managing and don't have a CLUE about what those people's job actually entails. Supervisors have compassion but have there hands tied due to very uncompassionate management.

Pros

Working from Home, Good Coworkers, Benefits

Cons

Bad Management, MicroManagers, Short lunches in some depts., Worried about making a mistake and getting written up or fired for it

Remote work

I have 8 years of experience in call center/banking so other than learning the new system I thought would be pretty easy. My main concern is that from day 1 I've had non stop tech issues and have gone through several laptops (provided by the company). IT tells me it's not on my end that it's their systems but yet can't properly get it fixed and when I have an issue management treats me as if it's my problem. Hard to learn the system when you have so many tech issues. For the amount of work and knowledge needed it doesn't pay enough. People who started in my training class with no experience are supervisors. It's also hard to find someone to help when you need it, doesn't matter if its in regards to an account question or computer problems. I have tried to resolve my tech issues but nothing is being done. I can't to my job properly if my system is down. On average I have tech issues 3 out of my 5 days of work a week!! It's been one thing after another, the whole experience has been disappointing to say the least.

Pros

I have yet to find any

Cons

Pay, tech issues, lack of benefits for part time employees, management

Just a call center

This job is going to be super repetitive and boring. If you're looking for a call center job, look for one that at least pays you more than this. Have to schedule time off 3 months in advance. Super strict on what they think good metrics are, and don't adjust to meet different job grades. Supervisor has threatened me multiple times during our meetings that my handle time is too low, and could result in my termination. Told me he had made the same threats to multiple L1 agents. However, 75% of calls can be handled in under 2 minutes 30 seconds. Hasn't been adjusted since the change to different levels of agents in the call center. WFH now, but back to the office in July. WFH was the best thing about the job.

Management is horrible!

While I work there management was very unprofessional. They never promoted fairly or according to the work that was done. They promoted people based off of being friends.

Pros

Cons

All bad

Great place to be

This is a great place to start a career in the industry. There are ups and downs as with any company but, management wants you to succeed. You get in what you put in. Great place to be

Pros

Family environment

Cons

Volume of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.8
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Jack Henry and Associates, Inc. with

• Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.