Jack Henry and Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Lacks good Management
Application Support Analyst II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2018
Good place to work because benefits are competitive. Management is hit or miss. Hugely lacks leadership in the management positions. You will work out of a cubicle. Not many company functions.
Fun Work While Doing My Job Right
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOAugust 1, 2018
This job was hard because you have to be rushed, do everything on time and making sure all things are done correctly or you'll get in trouble but I didn't have a lot of struggles just keeping up was difficult and different so I tried but it was a good job to have and I also works with a family member, my aunt so it got rough between us.. but it was good..
Pros
Manager helping with my work
Cons
Short breaks
Horrible environment
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 25, 2018
Stressful, unprofessional, no knowledge. Management does not have a clue, and the expect for you to run in circles. Management has favorites, and if you are not one, then you are not a commodity.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
good place to work
Applications Trainer, Advanced (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALJuly 23, 2018
My department was like being back at Junior High; if you fit in with the "cool" kids life was great; if not then it was a good place to work, but not enjoyable. I left on good standings and hold no ill will... a company can't manage the personalities of its employees.
Ping pong table. Great community involvement.
Mobile developer (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 15, 2018
Good work environment. Continually tries to improve process. Pay is good, but increases limited. Peer development encouraged. Talented teams throughout organization. Focus on getting dev right. Company pays for furthering your education.
Too many people being let go to positively rate
Corporate Training Coordinator, Sr (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOJune 11, 2018
They are letting so many people go for no real reason. No one feels secure in their jobs anymore. Too much stress because of the lack of job security.
Benefits
Cons
job security
Nice place to work
Full-time Item Processing Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 9, 2018
Everyone worked together, however, no room for advancement if you were not a friend of the management team. No increase in pay the time time of employment, company halted all pay raises.
Good company to start off your career but no advancement.
Computer Operations (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMay 31, 2018
Jack Henry is a rapidly growing company. The more clients received the fewer benefits employees will receive. The most enjoyable part of the job is the time flexibility. You can be 30 minutes to an hour late to work without any issues with management.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits
Cons
Salary and No Career Advancement
Great Company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 30, 2018
This is a great place to work. Benefits are excellent, the pay is fair, and it has the best managers from to to bottom I have ever had the pleasure to work under. The work is challenging, but very rewarding. This company truly cares about its work force and shows it.
Pros
Discounted stock purchase plan, excellent benefits, great 401k
Cons
Some after-hours work
Overall, great. Limited opportunities outside HQ
Banking Consultant/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Jack Henry. It would be nice if there were more advanced positions outside Monett. This has improved some over the years with additional acquisitions.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Limited growth opportunities.

Want to know more about Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.?

Ask a question
Banno Intern
Banno Intern (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 24, 2018
Independent Study. Be prepared to crank out a lot of studying and hours on your own. Be prepared for the waterfall model. Be prepared to work in a functional programming environment.
A great place to work
Inside Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2018
Insides sales allows you to schedule your day in ways that works best for the employee. Personally, I preferred to complete call outs first thing and spend my afternoons returning calls, answering emails, and taking care of administrative tasks.
Senior Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KansasMay 9, 2018
In my eight years with Jack Henry and Associates, I enjoyed the work and team members. Management looked to you to be a SME on the products you were assigned.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Employee product training
Fun company to work for
Accounts Receivable Associate II (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOMay 6, 2018
Each day brings a different challenge. Finance department tough to get an advancement, but still given the opportunity to learn more. My supervisor assist when we need but also encourages us to problem solve. I feel that my concerns are heard and if changes need to be made they are. Understand to my reason for needing to leave their employment and move back home. All in all love working for Jack Henry and will miss them when I leave.
Pros
Work remote in bad weather.
Cons
Slow operating system at EOM. Makes for long days
Great company
Senior Technical Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 27, 2018
Great employee centric company. Casual work environment, solid senior management. The company has never laid off an employee in it's 40 year history which is an incredible feat.
Pros
casual small company feel with the benefits of a big company
Love it
Fraud Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
I'm finding myself being held back by management and it is do unfair. I do my best n it still is not enough n I feel like I'm being singled out because of my knowledge ..
Talk to employees before accepting position.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 12, 2018
The workplace culture can be fun if you are on the right team. The department I was in required long, fast-paced hours daily leading to quick burnout. Management doesn't support employees well and would rather issue a write-up or terminate a person instead of communicating concerns. But, the benefits were decent and comparative to other businesses in the area. Free food on occasion was nice.
Pros
Coworkers can be kind, helpful and educational
Cons
Strict policies, untrained management, rare salary increases
Niche Market
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOApril 9, 2018
Jack Henry and Associates does core processing for small banks and credit unions. If you are not on the core processing side of the house you are pretty much a second class corporate citizen.
You've lost that original feeling
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 5, 2018
The two owners of the business are gone now and new CEOs are more interested in the money than the family feel of the organization. My director was a technical fellow and would insist on me coding 50% of my time - which was difficult to do while managing 14 products. When I left, two managers were hired to replace me.
Pros
location
Cons
dis-associated cultures in newly acquired lines
Great benefits
Network Engineer, Advanced (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOApril 3, 2018
The benefits outweigh a lot of the negatives. There are a lot of nights and weekends involved in our work, but our management is good about allowing comp time to offset. Flexible hours and work environment is also a plus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight