Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.
58Below average

Jack Henry and Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States340 reviews
Fast paced
Product support rep can be rewarding and can be difficult. Very tedious when they watch your times and yet the computers aren't working properly. Fun!
Remote workers are highly micromanaged
This was by far the worst job I ever had. This company micromanages to the point that remote employees have 15 mins a month to use the restroom. You are given one 15 min break as a part time worker, and that time is chosen for you. So, if mother nature calls outside of that break time, you are written up. Yes, I was written up for bathroom usage. I was so excited to start with this company. JHA supplies a nice assortment of equipment, so much so, I should have known I was on trouble, but I didn't. Training is nightmarish. And once trained I was expected to do my job (on three screens) while still keeping up with the demands of management who were listening to my call and watching every single move. I was
Worse place
This place started off really good I enjoyed working there until management changed many times there is no diversity if you were the person that wanted to get promoted you had to chase down upper management to fit in or just have a third grade education They are intimidated by educated people, I actually started to think it was something was wrong with me when I knew I worked the best I could and nothing was never enough b
Mgmt has become very poor, takes credit for work done by others, many not as qualified as those they supervised. Culture has changed more each year s
Whole company, culture, bonuses, have changed continuously since founders died. Only a few dept heads or directors who have been in their positions a long time carry out the values, positive attitude & realistic goal setting.
Not bad
This position was not too bad of a job. All of the people are friendly and management does not lord over you in you day day work. There are plenty of opportunities to learn different aspects of software support.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I always enjoyed working at Jack Henry and Associates. The company as a whole has a great culture and treats their employees well. I would recommend them to anyone.
Ok
The company is a good one with good benefits. The management is ok depending on which department you work under. Promotion chances are not good. Seems to overlook people already working in other departments.
Very fun place to work
Good company good work

Love the hour

Enjoy the worker

The workplce was great

The management was great

I lean a lot out of my 17years
Pros
All time
Cons
Great
Great Atmosphere
Very easy job with a great team of coworkers and upper management to support you along the way. It also comes with great benefits and an amazing PTO plan.
Absolutely great company to work for!
Great for work/life balance
Earnest and honest employees across all of the markets

A company that truly values their employees, from the top down

A very fiscally responsible company
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.?
Great management
Working for JHA is a good experience, especially for a first job. The management there is second to none and they really do care about their employees. They have great work from home opportunities, they have good PTO from the start. Their software isn't great, and if you are customer facing it can be tough handling constant complaints from customers. There are also little to no advancement opportunities here, but the management and company culture is top notch.
Productive workplace
Software environment, jeans daily, pretty much working on computer all day. Not a bad place to work. Good Benefits. Ability to work from home when needed.
Good Place
Good place to work. Benefits are comparable to most. Moving up can be a bit tough. PTO accumulation is good. Really fair about taking extended time off.
Great benefits but management issues
Jack Henry is made up of a lot of smaller groups, unfortunately as you go higher up the chain these upper managers do not see all of the dysfunctional practices that happen many levels below them. Hopefully something that will improve over time.
Loved my team and work life balance
The organization promotes education and development for individuals. It was a great environment to learn new skills while performing a different role.
Enjoyed this job
I would still be working there if I didn't need to move back to St Louis.
I am looking to go back to working for them remotely and going back to this healthy work culture.
Great benefits and great 401K
Great company to work for when I started but the corporate atmosphere has changed greatly in the 9 years I've been here. There seems to be a lot more backstabbing in upper management and constant re-orgs. I have had 4 re-orgs in the past year and a half.
Busy work environment working with a fun group of individuals!
Beautiful facility to work in. Very diverse employees.

A typical day consists of sitting or standing at your desk with a headset on answering inbound banking calls from various institutions. The hardest part of the job is being stuck at your desk, however, I really enjoy being able to help the customers with their banking needs.
If you care for your mental health, do not come here.
This is a very demanding job, you will get callers who will curse you out, yell at you and just be horrible. Jack Henry, does not have a recreational room where I can cool down or recover. They want you to take call after call after call. At a point in my life, I would rather be dead then to come to work for this company. The management sucks, scheduling is always an issue. They would train you for about a week and force you on phones. They really do not give newer agents time to process or ask questions. Do not come here if you are a college student because it is very hard to communicate with scheduling to get the hours you need on top of taking classes. I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO COME TO THIS COMPANY.
No training or support
They drop you into a difficult situation and offer no training or support it's either sink or swim, hated working there, they have segmented job duties to such an extreme that tickets are passed from team to team with no resolution.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
High pressure
ok
Get your money and move on! Initially a great opportunity fully remote & pay but eventually the picky micro managers are everywhere most likely not your manager or anyone you know. Little opportunity for growth. High turnover rate. Multiple managers and attitudes to match. a
Pros
work life balance, pay
Cons
micro managers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jack Henry and Associates, Inc..