Jack Henry and Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Senior Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KansasMay 9, 2018
In my eight years with Jack Henry and Associates, I enjoyed the work and team members. Management looked to you to be a SME on the products you were assigned.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Employee product training
Fun company to work for
Accounts Receivable Associate II (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOMay 6, 2018
Each day brings a different challenge. Finance department tough to get an advancement, but still given the opportunity to learn more. My supervisor assist when we need but also encourages us to problem solve. I feel that my concerns are heard and if changes need to be made they are. Understand to my reason for needing to leave their employment and move back home. All in all love working for Jack Henry and will miss them when I leave.
Pros
Work remote in bad weather.
Cons
Slow operating system at EOM. Makes for long days
Great company
Senior Technical Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 27, 2018
Great employee centric company. Casual work environment, solid senior management. The company has never laid off an employee in it's 40 year history which is an incredible feat.
Pros
casual small company feel with the benefits of a big company
Love it
Fraud Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 21, 2018
I'm finding myself being held back by management and it is do unfair. I do my best n it still is not enough n I feel like I'm being singled out because of my knowledge ..
Talk to employees before accepting position.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 12, 2018
The workplace culture can be fun if you are on the right team. The department I was in required long, fast-paced hours daily leading to quick burnout. Management doesn't support employees well and would rather issue a write-up or terminate a person instead of communicating concerns. But, the benefits were decent and comparative to other businesses in the area. Free food on occasion was nice.
Pros
Coworkers can be kind, helpful and educational
Cons
Strict policies, untrained management, rare salary increases
Niche Market
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOApril 9, 2018
Jack Henry and Associates does core processing for small banks and credit unions. If you are not on the core processing side of the house you are pretty much a second class corporate citizen.
You've lost that original feeling
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 5, 2018
The two owners of the business are gone now and new CEOs are more interested in the money than the family feel of the organization. My director was a technical fellow and would insist on me coding 50% of my time - which was difficult to do while managing 14 products. When I left, two managers were hired to replace me.
Pros
location
Cons
dis-associated cultures in newly acquired lines
Great benefits
Network Engineer, Advanced (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOApril 3, 2018
The benefits outweigh a lot of the negatives. There are a lot of nights and weekends involved in our work, but our management is good about allowing comp time to offset. Flexible hours and work environment is also a plus.
Poor Management, lack of team players
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteApril 2, 2018
You will be tasked with maintaining a very messy codebase with no bud tracking. Expectations will be set by dense requirements that are not well thought out. Managers have little to no technical programming or devops knowledge so good luck trying to deliver requirements quickly while working around a fragile codebase.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Poor Management, lack of team players, bugs bugs bugs
Helpdesk Management and Corporate Security training
Help Desk/Employee Support Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOMarch 31, 2018
I develop strong recruiting skills along with the ability to manage personalities while supporting all phases of IT shop Software hardware solutions.

Transferred to Corporate security and work hands on with various brands of IDS/IPS solutions. Completed network assessments and managed All security incidents.
Pros
Excellent hands on Training and knowledge
Cons
lack of salary
Admin Assistant II to Exec Director (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 26, 2018
Good place to work. Working conditions were comfortable. Distance from my home was good. My manager was extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. I learned a lot from her. The workplace culture was a challenge in that many people kept to themselves and were not open to getting to know others.
No Comment
Receptionist /Office Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 24, 2018
I work in the Shipping & Receiving area and I am constantly creating new ways to improve my job performance. I have a great manager who is always willing to listen and create a solutions to my problems.
Has potential but bad managment
PRODUCT SUPPORT REP I (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 22, 2018
Answer phones with no scheduled breaks. Agents aren't treated with enough respect. Management does not seem to inclined to take care of their employees.
Not a fun place to work
Printing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 20, 2018
Didn't like management and was on. Contract when needed
And didn't like working on weekends it was only a temporary
Job don't have have control of employes cause most of them
Are temps and employees don't have interest in work
Pros
No god management
Cons
Short breaks
Good Place
Technical Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOMarch 20, 2018
It was a great place to work. You have room to grow and advance. You will be stressed at times but overall it is a great place to be and to work. Really good people
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Long hours at times
Generally a good company to work for
Test Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXMarch 19, 2018
An employee's experience with this company depends a lot on which team and department they are working in. My personal experience is that the workload and expectations can be intense sometimes, while other times less demanding. The company seems to try quite hard to make the workplace fun and enjoyable. Also the company provides a lot of opportunity for training and supporting the employee's career goals.
Pros
Free coffee, training.
Cons
Salary could be a bit more competitive.
Its a j o b
Corporate Information Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monett, MOMarch 15, 2018
Its only a J O B; treated as just a number. As a shareholder, it is very concerning the lack of empathy that they have. One would think that years of knowledge would be an asset for them, but the individuals with years of knowledge are being rushed to the door.
Poor management
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Allen,tXMarch 8, 2018
management is bad very micro managing, managers are cut throat and often rude. stressful work , impractical timelines for finishing tasks. overall not a good place to work.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
salary, micro management, rude manager
Great place
Sr. Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Overland Park KSMarch 8, 2018
"Work/life balance is great, benefits are excellent although sliding on Health insurance as most companies are with rising costs"
"Able to work from home in most departments"
Leadership at JHA is strong and have vision!
JHA has great benefits and progressive upper Management
CRM (Current Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 12, 2018
JHA has great benefits and progressive upper Management. Pay scale is very fair across the company. Open door policy is better at upper levels. Teammates were great to work with.
Pros
Healthcare and PTO generous
Cons
Lower & Middle Management not as progressive as upper

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight