Jack Henry and Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Jack Henry Culture
Sr. Business Analyst, Program Management Team (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 20, 2018
I do not recommend Jack Henry as a place to work. There are some very nice people there but most have been there for a long time and are very clicky. I had no training on the "jack Henry" process for doing things so I was set up for failure from the beginning. The management team needs to take a few courses in how to manage a team. The team I was on was reorganized under a new manager and within 3 months we all quit.
JHA Review
Technical Support Representative II (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOFebruary 6, 2019
Jack Henry is a top notch company for work for and they pay extremely well, however be prepared to work a lot for your salary. If you start as a Technical Support Rep, you can expect to be on call during the night and on weekends. There is a surprisingly a lot of calls during these calls that come in on off days/time. With these calls, you are on your own. This was the hardest part of the job. On an average days you have anywhere from 3 to 20 plus cases that you were working on. I learned most of my coding at Jack Henry, the programming was something that I liked, but it did make some people nervous.
Very bad experience for me personally
Cloud Services Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOJanuary 30, 2019
Jack Henry underpays and micromanages their employees. During my two years there, the churn of employees leaving the company seemed unusually large. If you're desperate for work, you may do well here. But in my experience, I would say I should have taken the "other offer" instead.
Pros
Cons
micro-managament style, no training, no employee developement, high pressure
Great company to work for
Applications Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 26, 2019
Great company with nationwide opportunities. Working remote a few days per week is an option for most positions. The culture is team friendly. The products and services are elite in their field.
Pros
remote work is available
Great Place For an Intern
SYNERGY RELEASE TECH INTERN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 31, 2019
I was a part of their first intern group, in 2017. There was a bit of a rocky start, as they were still figuring out what projects to give the interns. I really felt like they cared though, and they had the interns meet the CEO, CFO, etc, which was cool. The only issue that arose was that they asked for critiques on the internship program and then got a bit frustrated with any critique they did get (everyone was positive and encouraging with their critique, so I'm still not sure why they didn't take it well).
I was in Springfield, MO, and I will say that the location wasn't great.
Pros
felt important, great team spirit, remote workers everywhere
Cons
location (if in Springfield), don't like dissenting opinion
Reorganization Issues
PKI Administrator/Security Compliance Services (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXNovember 5, 2018
Hired for Systems Administration PKI. With in one year 4 manager and group changes. Additional duties were added due to all these moves. Little time to learn additional duties. No room for growth. Fast past learning expected.
Pros
Good work envirnoment
Cons
poor training process for learning additional duties with in teams. Not evenly shared.
Stressful
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYNovember 23, 2018
Stressful work environment with no advancement. Management only cares about call rates and not their employees. I was overworked and extremely underpaid. I was promised raises and advancements that never happened.
Very good work environment
Core Support - Programmer Analyst, Advanced (Current Employee) –  Monett, MONovember 9, 2018
Excellent benefits package, good work environment, family oriented, good work/family balance. On call rotation, rarely more than 4 days per month. Co-workers are willing to help when needed.
Jack Henry & Associates is a wonderful place to work
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REP, ADVANCED (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXNovember 26, 2018
I actually would really like to work for Jack Henry & Associates again in the future. I feel they are a great company, who invests and values their employees. They have good work/life balance programs, and encourage you to stay healthy with benefits and rewards for doing so. The atmosphere is what I miss the most, they truly have a family atmosphere where you feel like everyone really enjoys their job and embodies the company values. Do the right thing, do what it takes, and have fun!! Can't say any better than that.
I love JHA, I wished to retire in it, but when you stuck with a very poor management, you had to say Good bye!!!
Statement Preparer (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXDecember 21, 2018
I love JHA, I wished to retire in it, but when you stuck with a very poor management, you have to say Good bye!!!

Some departments having managers that they shouldn’t be in this title.

We need a fair eyes to watch employees.

Managers keep the bonuses for themselves!!!!!!!
Pros
Good benefits, Good location, family environment
Cons
Very poor manager and supervision in the Statement department !!!!

Want to know more about Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.?

Ask a question
Work Review
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 19, 2018
Apart from having a modern infrastructure to work in, the pressure and stress load to maintain compliance with company policies/videos/quizzes on a weekly basis while working to maintain your work load was extremely stressful.
Boring atmosphere, Nice people
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 5, 2019
team meeting and lead assigns work and do your work and leave
Argo CBRM application conversion project to CBRM.Net application
Dull office environment
Easy going work
It was a great place to work
Former Employee (Current Employee) –  Monett, MODecember 6, 2018
The benefits were great, the associates were great, and the work flexibility was great. I was able to work from home when needed. They care about the whole you and not just the work you.
Stressful
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYOctober 31, 2018
Day in and day out you deal with angry people on the phone who cannot comprehend that you are not affiliated with their banks directly, but a third party. If you work here, prepare for many ignorant, angry people who have no problem cursing at you, belittling you and making you feel bad.
demanding job
Item Processor I (Former Employee) –  Allen, TX 75013December 2, 2018
Face pace, demanding job. Must met high production levels. Team based environment. Data entry and blanceing customer accounts. Very good management.
Pros
Great company, good benifit
Cons
high production requirement
This place sucks
Cashier (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 20, 2018
The company let's people just not show up forcing you to work more hours than your supposed to and when you get overtime because your manager doesnt show up that then makes her turn around and tell you to leave early becau see e your not allowed overtime
Pros
If you work overnight they cant fire you because theres no one to replace you
Cons
Everything else
Decent company with great benefits
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 18, 2018
The company has gone downhill from where they were 15 years ago, due to the founders passing away, and thus a more corporate climate. It is still a good company, for the most part. The PTO is very generous. Travel positions can be overwhelming, though.
Pros
PTO very generous
Cons
Pay cuts and bad management decisions
Consistant Job
Intern/Product Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Monett, MOSeptember 20, 2018
If you get a job at Jack Henry you usually stay at that job until you decide not to. People were nice to work with and constructive criticism. Job itself was a little boring as well as stressful depending on the calls you received and how many
Pros
High pay
Cons
part time had little say of when you worked. And as long as you were under 40, how much you worked
Overworked
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 21, 2018
High volume of work, it’s hard to take time off knowing the volume of work you’re coming back too. It’s hard to move within the company. Can be stressfull no real perks.
Benefits
Cons
No room for growth/ salary
Not what it used to be
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2018
This review pertains to Symitar.
Over the last four years, the area of development of the core product has undergone a transformation for the worse. What is important is feeding the egos of management, the focus is no longer on quality product.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Politics like you've never seen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight