Jack Link's Beef Jerky Employee Reviews

ok
Warehouse Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New Glarus, WIApril 20, 2018
This place was an okay place to work. Organizational structure was lacking within upper management. Benefits were good and co-workers were decent. It was an ok place to work.
Great place but poor management
Operations Supervisor/lead (Former Employee) –  Underwood, IAMarch 16, 2018
Won't go back unless the management actuly began to care as much as the owners. Would rather heir outside rather then heir within the company. Poor management people don't leave jobs they leave managers
Pros
Good benifets
Cons
Poor manager
Tienen que subir el salario
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Alpena, SDMarch 13, 2018
Si llegaran a subir el salario posiblemente tuvieran más empleados ya que se les van cada vez que reclutan nuevo personal
Pros
Es un trabajo seguro y estable
Cons
Pero tienen que subir el sueldo para q los empleados se queden trabajando satisfechos y no se vayan.
Find something better
Senior Manager - IT Systems & Operations (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 26, 2018
Don't waste your time with Jack Link's. The fun and excitement ends at the commercial. There are about 50 different corporate cultures going on at the same time.
Pros
Free jerky, 1 pack per day
Cons
Everything else
good place to work!
Sanitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNJanuary 25, 2018
sanitation is a fast pasted job and fun working with the co workers and its nice to work 4 10s and I wash packaging lines and wash blending and stuffing areas .I have learned a lot more about LOTO and better safety practices. ,Management could use some revamps and learn what is and what is not allowed .the rules change form one person to the next and the hardest part of my job is trying to get things done right when you have all types of people telling you how to do your job when they don't know a thing about you work or what you do. the most enjoyable part about my job is its fast pasted and always something to do and the pay check.
Pros
free product, discounted prises, free lunchens, and tickets to hockey, games baseball, games, football tickets, if you sing up and are picked to recive them
Cons
short lunches.
Ambiente divertido
Operator (Current Employee) –  Alpina SDJanuary 25, 2018
Muy buen lugar para trabajar muy limpio muchas oportunidades para salí adelante
Pros
Buen seguro medico
Nice place to work
Quality Control Inspector fsq (Current Employee) –  Alpena, SDJanuary 15, 2018
All around provides great benefits to employees long hours a bit of a culture difference do to the language barrier pay is bi weekly lots of opportunities to change your job titles within the company
Very repetitive but easy
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  New Glarus, WIDecember 12, 2017
jack links has a great company they are easy to work for the job requirements are easy and you would have to try to get fired. i worked night shft and they were long hours but only 4 days a week which is nice
Pros
discounted jack links products
Cons
short breaks
It was ok
Packer (Former Employee) –  Minong, WISeptember 13, 2017
I didn't really care to much for jack links as I was through a temp agency and broke my hand and when I started with jack links I over worked my wrist and it swelled up and the doctor gave me a ten day leave and they filled my position without notifying me!
Don't waste your time
Operations (Former Employee) –  Underwood, IAJuly 23, 2017
Better off working at burger king. Management is a joke. Supervisors are a joke. One good boss while I worked there but if you didn't play there way, you got the short end of the stick. Every time.
Pros
Cons
all of them
Good place of work
Smokehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  WIMay 11, 2017
Physical work, lots of cool co workers. Lots of stress and small town rumors and chatter. The benefits are good and the work isn't asking too much of you, for the most part.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally, discounted product, decent wage
Cons
Hot and cold temperatures, sometimes soaking wet conditions
its alright place
Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 23, 2017
Needs better management and to not be so given to others who are colored and needs to be more appractive the hard workers needs to actually hire people instead of have the others do more then what there getting paid to do and unsafe manners
Pros
bouns n lunches n empolyee appracite parties
Cons
underpaid bad commcation
Okay work environment
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Minong, WIApril 8, 2017
Working at Jack Link's was decent, but the pay was not enough for what you were doing and the management was not that great. Starting your day was by starting stretches and washing hands, then they would tell you where to go in the line. I learned teamwork. The hardest part of the job was the minimum amount of communication between workers and managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the end of the shift when we finally got to go home.
Pros
Weekly pay, free merchandise
Cons
Short lunch breaks and management
Very fast paced, busy work environment
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 11, 2017
Casual work environment, little to no work-life balance, work with great individuals & get to meet a lot of great people, learn multiple responsibilities & roles
Good pay long hours but highly stressful and demanding job
3rd shift sanitation (Former Employee) –  Minong, WIMarch 1, 2017
I liked it but it was physically demanding and stressful due to me having and working 12-14 hours and coming home and taking care of them was hard.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hard job to do
Dying Company
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 24, 2017
Jack Link's is a fire sale. C-level management turns over every couple of years, the direction of what sales and marketing are supposed to do is inconsistent because it keeps changing so rapidly.

The once great culture has turned into every other corporate culture, worst current HR team I've ever dealt with, Troy is too busy on his Yacht in Mexico or Oceanside home in Florida to properly be the CEO of a company. Jack is a great guy and I feel for him that his company is slowly dying.
great place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alpena, SDDecember 2, 2016
jack links is one of my most favorite jobs ever held. I loved the environment and also providing our country with something great to eat!. You have great opportunity for advancement just I as I did. I started as a regular line production worker and within 2 months advanced to Quality Control Tech.. Which I had to run my own crew gaining experience in supervisory. Benefits are the best and very affordable. You only work 4days and you get to choose your schedule. I would still be there but the travel everyday from where I stayed got overwhelming. But if I ever get closer thats a great place to cal home lol.. Great Job!!
Pros
company discounts, advancement, great pay and benefits fun environment
Cons
12 hrs shifts
Super fun company to work for
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 7, 2016
Family owned great products. One of my most favorite places to work. Great location mnpls. Community oriented.
They are growing very fast but not losing their family feel.
Pros
Great people great product
Cons
Was hard to drive down town for me personally
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  New Glarus, WIOctober 10, 2016
Decent pay and benefits. Worked weekends so had time with family. Lots of different things to learn an adapt to. Some favoritism in management..
Pros
Decent hours and overtime options
Cons
Not many..
Only good thing was Co workers
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 15, 2016
Terrible pay, terrible benefits, even worse job. I was left alone for most of the night operating a warehouse alone. Later put on work improvement plan, which affected my ability to get an internal job while going to college, for not checking other people's work, paperwork issue (done by someone else) and not replying to an email during a busy night. The company is quick to hand out points (get a point for doing something wrong) and won't recognize or reward those who work hard. Lots of micro managing and you'll work hard. I usually had anywhere from 30 min- 1.5 hours overtime a day, which got old.
Pros
Free lunches once a month
Cons
Where do I begin