Jack in the Box Employee Reviews

Would never work there again
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 18, 2018
They weren't clean at all! The typical day was clocking and just couldn't wait to clock out. It was hard to even gain a relationship with my co workers.
Too slow, normal fast food hourly pay, barely put to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2018
employement was good; not under staffed or over staffed. employees were ok but one was arrogant.. you know the uneducated ones that have been working there for 20 years. Anyways i got laid off becuase it was summer break for a high school nearby? and effected the resturant so much i was chosen to get laid off after just getting hired a month ago...unbelievable.
Pros
discount meals
Cons
too strict. not enough hourly pay for all the work.
good people co coworkers make it worth wild.
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Sanger, CAAugust 17, 2018
they expect you to be available 24/7 but they do work with school schedules. they did away with any bonuses/incentives so you are just working to work not much hope for growth besides becoming a team leader and that is where it ends.
Loved JIB
RESTAURANT MANAGER/ I CHIEF LLC DBA (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZAugust 17, 2018
JIB was agreat place for me to learn and grow. They offered me many opportunity to move up in the company. I left because my family relocated to Florida. Would definetly go back if offer presented itself.
customer service
Shift leader - I will (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 17, 2018
• In store and drive thru cashier
• Shift leader – I will assure that everyone was doing the duties in a timly matter
• Kitchen work such as preparing food and making sure everything was cooked under the code
• Maintain the restaurant clean
• Provide exceptional customer service both in English and Spanish
I enjoyed my job at Jack in the Box
PREP PERSON (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 17, 2018
I was able to learn many things in my employment with this company. Fast food is a very quick command job. It is invigorating and pleasant. Sterilization is of great importance!
Satifactory
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2018
I loved working there, the management was great, they trained me properly, and always had an answer to any question that I had, the pay was extremely good I saved up a good amount of money working there
Nice job, hours were not guaranteed.
Cashier/Food Server (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed my job at Jack in the Box; however, it seemed that they were always changing the schedule and not telling me. I was in high school at the time and needed to work things out with my school work. I was cancelled a lot due to low volume of customers. I'm sure this is not true for these franchises closer to Phoenix.
Pros
Relaxed environment, nice co-workers
Cons
Schedule changes, lack of hours.
Just a Teenage Job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 17, 2018
Working here was stressful and tiring, if you go to school at night like I did try making your schedule start around 9 because working at 6 am when you go to bed around 1 am from school will not work.
Pros
Discounted Lunch
Cons
Short breaks
great
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZ 85326August 16, 2018
i worked here for a couple of years it was a great work environment. team leaders and management were very professional about their jobs. customers are great food is also great
Horrible place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 16, 2018
They don't care about their employees at this one I can't speak for all of them but working here was the worst thing I could have done I would never work at this location again
its a good starter job
Team leader (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CAAugust 16, 2018
It is a good starter opportunity to help you obtain some necessary skills like customer service and such. Management changes do happen frequently whether they are good or bad changes (they will have to be adjusted to). Many shift leads can care too little about their job and leave everything dirty for you during shift changes.
Pros
free lunch for managment
Cons
some days can feel long when its slow
Fun work place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2018
Working at jack in the box was great , but I worked so many hours and worked really hard for a low pay . I was always on time , doing a great job , taking people’s shifts all the time for only 9.00 . The job was great but just left because the pay .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay
The place was an overall good experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2018
It was a great experience working for another fast food franchise and making ppl feel satisfied about the service I provide makes me feel more accomplished
Very nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2018
On regular schedule it would be great to be at Jack in the box who would not like to be apart of such a wonderful fast food restaurant god bless us.
People Friendly
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZAugust 15, 2018
Working at JIB was one of the most relaxed places of employment while still maintaining production. The management is empathetic and thorough, while the work is simple to understand and accomplish.
Pros
Respect
Cons
Minimum Wage
culture
Staff-All-Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAAugust 15, 2018
Worked multiple hours including lot of overtime. Never received raises. Customers were drunk and rude. Saturday night were the worst. Always short staffed. Never prepared. My location could use better management, hours, rate of pay, employees, and honestly better training.
Pros
got to use the bathroom peacefully.
Cons
everything else
Unpredictable work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 15, 2018
This location is busy at all times and was extremely under-staffed so I was responsible for many roles all at once. In addition to this, breaks were hardly given because everyone would quit and others were responsible for taking others shifts. The employees were very unreliable.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Busy at all times, no breaks!!!
fast pace work
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 14, 2018
I was a team lead and I had to over look the entire staff to make sure everyone was doing their jobs correctly and safely. It was always busy and packed. Even on the slow days
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits
it's a good part time job
cook and clean grill and fryer (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAAugust 14, 2018
the food here is great, sometimes it's hard for me to work with the people that i work with but it's an okay part time job. I enjoy eating the food here on my break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack in the Box. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

2.3

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight