Jack in the Box Employee Reviews

Found 4,900 reviews matching the search See all 4,932 reviews
keep up the great work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2018
they treated everyone with respect even me. They help you out when needed. great support. great teamwork. I will refer anyone there whoever looking for a job
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
good for a first time job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 20, 2018
Some days is slow but some are fast. You always have something to do. For my first job I learned everybody won't have a good day. The hardest part of the job is controlling your emotions.
Pros
discounts
very friendly workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MONovember 20, 2018
When i work at jack a lot of the employees either don't show up on time or they don't show up at so don't expect to be getting off work on time. the manager got disrespectful towards me at one point. the hardest part the job would be trying to get off on time other than that the job is very easy and simple.
Working at Jack in the Box
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 20, 2018
A typical day at Jack in the Box included greeting and assisting all types of people. Working in the fast food industry gave you the opportunity to improve your customer service skills. This would have been considered the most enjoyable and hardest part of the job. The management team was alright to work with. I was offered an opportunity to become a team lead but the timing wasn't good.
Cons
Had to pay for meals, all advancement opportunities required out of town training
Fast paced
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 20, 2018
Regular day was stocking every thing and helping when it was need it. Before leaving made sure everything was cleaned and everything was stocked for the next person.
Steady paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 20, 2018
Jack in the box was mostly relaxed until it was about 12:00 in the afternoon and 10:00 at night. Those were the times were we got extremely busy and possibly overwhelmed.
Always productive and fast-paced working environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CA 93454November 19, 2018
At this establishment, I had worked front cashier, and drive thru cashier only. However, I had worked very fast paced taking orders, taking care of fries, making sure the customer was satisfied with their order and total, and taking orders at the same time. I had made sure my work station was moderately clean, and taking care of the rest of the store chores as well.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
great
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 19, 2018
I was very happy working at Jack n the Box. I Love the fast pace it made the days good by fast. I enjoyed every worker there because they taught me so much.
Idk what you guys means by this
Jack in the box (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CANovember 19, 2018
Jack in the box it’s a pretty cool place to work for your first job they treat you good no disrespectful people, we would work as a team, they were strict as every job should be.
Crowded work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Watts, CANovember 19, 2018
a typical day at worked involved being on your feet all day, cleaning and organizing. The hardest part of the job was dealing with cat calling of the customers and feeling uncomfortable. The most enjoyable part was seeing familiar faces at the work place.
Overall a good place to work plus a good work environment
Qdoba (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 19, 2018
While Working for Qdoba It was fun, when we had serious days everyone knew it wasn't a time to joke around the job is fast paced. especially on week days when the weekend came around it was a little less fast pace. the crew was sometimes dependable most times id come in and have to do more because the crew before us didn't do much just used the stuff we prepped the night before and what ever they needed and leave us high and dry. the managers were amazing except one girl who always seemed depressed always stayed in the back and would leave the line server in the front by their self while she stayed in the back and fried chips for 5 hours straight. if i had the opportunity i would go back. but if the manager i had was my manager i think id have to keep looking. this job was filled with so much drama and very unprofessional. but i had fun and i love my Qdoba family. I've learned so much from this job such as how to bite my tongue and keep an up beat attitude, How to make pico i didn't know onions went in SO many things. i guess the hardest part would be going so long with out a break or watching the people you've grown so close to get walked all over and quite because they put so much weight on their shoulders. there was some ups and downs but they were amazing
Pros
The employees, the customers, free food
Cons
breaks, drama
Would not recomend to work here.,it's only good to start off.,
Crew Member/Cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 18, 2018
I have worked at Jack over a year.since I have been there I have had 2 manager's the first one would yell at us.My hours have been cut to part time I'm full time.I have not recieved a raise. They over work you with no break and expect speedy service, I rarely get any help on the fryer and the tacos are constantly frozen.if Noone takes them out.I started as the prep now am a fry cook
Pros
Discount meals, free umiform shirts.
Cons
No breaks, short hours
Very stressful and needs to work on management
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Inglewood, CANovember 18, 2018
Very stressful place to work at. Hours are flexible but the management needs improvement. Starting from employees to customers they are very rude. Employees need more training and manager does not work on that.
Huge learning experience
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 18, 2018
Very active job setting .need's more work on being honest to employees about pay . We as employees work hard everyday to make sure this company thrives and for some but not all are treated fairly. hopefully in a few years that could change
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
No pay raise
If you need to make quick money this is the place
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXNovember 18, 2018
It was a good experience,I had fun serving the customers and helping them out .i would do it again if they had the same manager there.I just love customers service
Pros
Free lunch under $5
Cons
Short breaks, if They start getting busy you will have to clock back in
Good work experience
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 18, 2018
Shift leaders had to do shift changes and count the cash register down for the new shift and make sure everything was stocked and cleaned for the next shift and had to find rewplacements for my shift if needed it and i would close the store every day
Fun place to work
Cashier/team member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2018
It's a fast-paced working environment. The people I worked with were nice and the manager was accommodating with my scheduling needs. I would recommend this job to anyone who is just starting out or wants to get into fast food management.
Not a good place to work
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXNovember 17, 2018
This is not the best place to work once you are salary they do not give you any days off at all and they do not care about family. They promise vacation pay and when you finally go on vacation they mess up your check.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
everything else
tyipical
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CANovember 17, 2018
Came into work around 4 right after school. typical fast food place all you do is take orders and make them then take the money from the customer and give them their change and food
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 16, 2018
you learn how to oversee restaurant operations, supervising floor operations, operating workstations, performing basic administrative work, training crew members on workstations, and leadership skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack in the Box. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight