Jack in the Box Employee Reviews

Found 5,084 reviews matching the search See all 5,116 reviews
Fun working environment.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA 92505January 16, 2019
Learned how to work as team. As a Shift Leader, I dealt with all customer compliments which helped me improve my communication and customer service skills.
Pros
Improve communications skills.
Cons
Over night shifts.
Was the most nasty place i worked at and they were lazy
Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 16, 2019
Dont ever eat at jack in a box on bandera and hillcrest the people that work there are so lazy they didnt show any part of effort and a lot of lack of working as a team
Stressful and Fast Paced
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJanuary 15, 2019
I would not recommend this job for anybody. Management was mean and disrespectful. Often there were racist comments being said, and making fun of employees because of their religious beliefs. The job itself is pretty easy, but you are very rarely respected by anybody, staff and customers alike. You are taken advantage of and worked at hours that don't work for you. Management doesn't listen to your needs or your ideas. There are no personal benefits from working this job, it's just a job that leaves you feeling like your unwanted, and not worth anything by the end of your shift.
Pros
You get a discount
Cons
Disrespected, pushed aside, always stressed
Fun place to work everyone was friendly.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Loved working at this place. Sucks that I had to leave. I have school in Moreno Valley it was too much going back and forth all the time. Loved my manger and my fellow coworkers.
Pros
Coworkers were great.
Cons
Customers can be rude.
I learned a lot from working at this company
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 14, 2019
When I started at Jack in the box I wasn't mature . After being there and realizing I had a amazing job and many opportunities ahead for me I enjoyed being there as much as I was needed.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
If someone called in I had to work
Worst job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 14, 2019
I had a terrible experience at Jack in the box. My managers were stealing and lazy. Workers never came to work. I did so much overtime and never got paid for it and my pay rate decreased the longer I was there.
Fast paced and fun
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAJanuary 14, 2019
A typical night at Jack in the Box is fast paced and fun. The job is what you make it, therefore I enjoy my job, friendly customers and the people that I work with. My manager has always worked with me when I need days off to take care of my responsibilities as a mother of two and it's a pleasure to have her as my manager.
Pros
flexible schedules
Slow work place
Manager cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Work place was very slow , I got hired as a manager and was told I'd be receiving a pay starting at $9.75 once.i started my pay was $8 . Also the manager was very inconsistent and never answered my calls or messages for my availability.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Defently a young mans job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 14, 2019
My experience with this company was ok I would have liked to be treated better and paid more money but it was a cool job ,they have almost 20 menu choices and a menu
Pros
Good food
Cons
Bad manegment
Nice group of people
Customer Service/Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Work could get hectic at times but with a good team it went by quickly. The management team would try to accommodate your schedule for any personal reasons such as doctor appointments.
It’s okay if you need some extra money
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Calimesa, CAJanuary 14, 2019
They only gave benefits to 5 employees in the house which 3 of them were automatically management, assistant manager, and 1 team leader the other two spots were between the rest of the house which were 14 employees
Pros
Cash handling
Cons
Franchise
great work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Susanville, CAJanuary 14, 2019
co-worjers ate freindly helpful and fast paced. the customer satifaction was always a priority. as well as cleanliness and teamwork. employees always have a smile on there face and enjoyed there shifts.
Jack in the box was a good work place & an excellent learning experience
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Canyon, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Jack in the box was a good work place & excellent learning experience I enjoyed working there for the short time I did I learned allot from my manager and although Jack in the box had it's ups and downs i enjoyed working for them and am personally glad I had the experience of working there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Good place for a first job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Stanwood, WAJanuary 13, 2019
Jack in th box is a good place to work, the hours are flexible if you are a teenager going to high school or if you have a family. I recommend this job.
Decent
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, TXJanuary 13, 2019
I enjoyed working for jack in the box. I had my regulars every morning and it was never a dull moment. I would love to work fast food again thanks to them.
It’s an okay place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 13, 2019
If I could improve the company, I would definitely recommend more hours and a better work environment. Sometimes people will slack and there can be a lot of frustration.
Work Ethic And Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maplewood, MOJanuary 13, 2019
Fun But Bad Management Was Working Long Days and Nights and My Check Was Only 250. They Wanted Me To Forget About My Family And Work Crazy Hours For Literally Just Enough For A Phone Bill and Hygiene.
nice coworkers
Crew Trainer (Former Employee) –  Imperial, MOJanuary 12, 2019
made many friends when working at this company would often be able to joke around with them someone would always be there to help you out only issues was pay was low
lunch should be free
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2019
I would not make enough money to buy my own lunch. I didn't have money to buy for my house and bring to work. workplace was unfair. I got sent home for not wearing a hat because leads and supervisors are not required
Great Start
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WAJanuary 12, 2019
It is a great place to obtain customer service skills. It is easy to get promoted as well and they make a great effort to work around your schedule and help you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jack in the Box. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K
31.4K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jack in the Box.

Powered by Comparably