Jackson & Coker

Jackson & Coker Employee Reviews

United States23 reviews
Great company. Really family oriented. Lots of amenities on campus. Not much growth available for those not in sales. On site cafeteria, wellness center, and doctors office.
The company doesn't appreciate the support staff at all. If you're not in sales, don't bother. They will go out of their way to make everything your fault and most support staff have to take anxiety medication just to walk in the building.
Facility is beautiful, however, the management & technology is dated.NO career growth, go against grain you become an outcast, fired, favoritism,etc..
I kept in contact with the company through emails. They were quick to respond to questions and were quick to remedy any problems.
I never had problems with the staff.
Its a very high demanding job. Keeps you on your toes. If you like to work in a fast pace environment this place is for you. The best part of my job was meeting the doctors and building that relationship. I like to interact and to learn about others. The hardest part of the job is that it can be stressful and the training program is lacking. There are a lot of different personalities and can be hard to to work all together.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Overall a great Locum Tenens position once settled in some things improved. The nursing staff was very unpleasant to the point of rudeness, esp in the specific Pod I was in
Jackson Healthcare, parent company to Jackson & Coker has taken the time to invest in their mission and their people. Work life balance, community and giving back are pillars of the culture.
A company unlike any other that practices the values and company mission across all levels of management. The company goes to great lengths to put each individual in a position for success and genuinely treats its staff as people. They are forward thinking and encourage development and new ideas in a 'fail-safe' environment and place a higher value on personal development than any other organization. Truly, it is the best place to work
I enjoyed my experience at Jackson and Coker. Although the industry was struggling during my last few months, it’s a good group of people with good work ethic. The company does its part to give back to the community.
Pros
Plenty onsite amenities, Great work culture
Cons
High turnover
J& C is an amazing place to work ! The atmosphere is very professional, critically- driven, and full of high energy ! I grew professional with the company and will be glad to share what I have learned throughout my professional tenure.
Pros
Discount cards, excitement in the workplace, dress down jeans week, etc
Cons
not applicable
Mostly young people in entry level and inside sales work. There's a lot of hyped up enthusiasm for this group and commission based incentives. Support takes a back seat or anyone in billable dept. Not all Jackson companies are created equally and there are big differences in culture from company to company even though they are in the same building.
Pros
nice building and amenities, parent company trainings offered, great commission opportunities in sales roles
Cons
Nepotism, far behind technology curve, unjust hiring practices, low wages for non sales employees
It will depend on the department that you work in that will dictate your experience. Overall, the company does a great deal (incentives, work environment, benefits, etc.) to support their employees.
The first year it was a great place to work until they started laying off employees. This was very stressful day to day you were uncertain if you still had a full time job. I learned to never get too comfortable in the same position.
Pros
Gym
Cons
short breaks
There is a reason Jackson & Coker has been a part of the team that has won Best Place to Work in Atlanta for three years running. It is an amazing organization that takes care of its people and provides PLENTY of training. There are negative reviews on here, but I have to refute them to an extent. Is sales for everyone, no? Everyone is given a fair chance to succeed and prove their spot on the floor. The culture is AMAZING and full of people who genuinely care about each other.
Saturated industry- too many others doing the same thing, you only stand out by price. They dangle the carrot of what you CAN make, but it's very hard to get there.
Quantity is preferred over quality - don't try to be "strategic" here, it's not really possible.

Out of date technology- nothing is automated. Be prepared to spend hours hunting down the candidates you sent as leads to senior recruiters to see if that candidate/doctor got an interview, got the job etc. Then be sure to update your excel sheet so you get paid properly.

Gossip filled and clicky office- if you don't mind high school like drama, you may be able to handle it here.

Feedback - Management will ask, but you're best keeping your mouth shut because they WILL use it against you in the future to try and convince you to switch roles or to get you on a performance improvement plan to help you out the door.
Pros
Cool building and some nice perks, but why do you think they need to sugar coat it??
Jackson and Coker like to view themselves as a leader in the field of physician recruiting. They have extensive internet outreach and a program that's handed out to employees that they are the best. The truth is, they are extremely disorganized, fickle, unsupportive and actually encourage the younger employees to make dishonest representations about job opportunities that do not exist. In one instance a colleague was pressured into offering a job to a doctor that did not exist in order to rope him into another position that was more low paying. You can make money here, but if you want to sleep at night with a good conscience, this is not for you.
Pros
Good office decor
Cons
Fickle management, there is extensive cliquish behavior on the part of management, and there is constant pressure to bring in more money because the base salary is so low.
I've been with Jackson & Coker two years. I felt compelled to write a review because I've never worked anywhere with so many great people who care about your success from the top down to the desk level, it's a culture of success. I've achieved my goals, and I'm going on a sales trip to Mexico. The hardest part of the job is the first year - ramping up. If you are not sales-minded, if you do not strive to win, this is not the place for you. But if you take the training they give you seriously, if you apply yourself, it is really unlimited income. I love it here. I can't imagine working anywhere else. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great people here.

Great company, great environment, I'm happy.
Pros
everyone knows their goals and where they stand.
Cons
takes a good year to ramp up in sales, but it is worth it.
The only thing I can think of the other people who rated Jackson & Coker poorly is that they were in the wrong job and not a cultural fit.

They are right...if you are NOT confident, not diligent or HIGHLY motivated by an uncapped earning potential, this probably is not the right place for you. For the rest of us who like to WIN at everything we set out to do and get rewarded for hard work, come join us; we're growing like mad and hiring the hardest working people in Atlanta.

Majority Rules and that's why we keep winning Atlanta's Best Place to Work!
Pros
There's always a contest with bonuses, free PTO and Jeans for a week!
Cons
Growing pains and navigating the waters of change management
*Great people
*Management is reachable and personable

*Heavy workload, but doable

*Competitive atmosphere

*The facility is amazing

*Free Popcorn EVERYDAY

*Overall great company
Pros
Prize wheel spins
Cons
location: it's right off of GA 400
If you're young, have no responsibilities, enjoy repetition, and want to spend a lot of time working for the "potential" of "great" income, this is the place for you. The fact is, unless you're good friends with the president or are in great favor of those she favors, your growth, value, and opportunities will be limited. It's a fickle place and though they talk a big game, they are unable or unwilling to really make changes for the better. They do not lead the industry. They never will, no matter the potential and that is unfortunate.
Pros
Nice amenities on site, good benefits package
Cons
No time for breaks, poor compensation for non sales roles, limited room for growth in non sales roles, and poor management.
fast pace from the time you walk in the office until you sneak a break in which had to be short.
Cons
short breaks and it was a two month assisgnment