Jackson Family Wines

Jackson Family Wines Employee Reviews

It was ok. A lot of different challenges and the perks are good. Co workers are friendly enough with different challenges everyday. A good place in general to work.
Too many managers and not enough employees. This place does not respect it's employees and they say one thing and do another. During covid they are telling employees there is no money while buying lavish things and properties.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
working/life balance, no 401k match anymore, bad management
Good culture, great brands and inspiring teams. Overall there is culture for training, innovation and advancement. Cross functional teams are great and there is good communication across the organization—leadership and across peer groups.
All in bed with one another. Jealousy abounds. Very young marketing people who really don't know what they are doing. Rampit gossiping ends up getting people fired. Ageism exists.
Pros
My boss was GREAT!
Jackson Family Wines is a large company and conveys the employee experience consistent with big enterprises. Employees with strong skill sets will have success with the company. There is a culture of competitiveness and confidence. The wines produced and the brands managed are some of the best in the industry.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
proactive company with many layers of management. Generous with wine for employees, Christmas bonus, fun envionment. Lots of growth possibilities. No ping-pong, though
Management needs work. Execs don't do much when things are brought to their attention. Company provides good perks: Seasonal free wine, snacks in each kitchen, early-release for specific holidays, good health benefits, etc.
Good place to work, management was short tempered but everyones working tons of overtime during harvest so its a bit understandable. Is super good about promoting internally.
As Grill Sergeant for MG i was tasked with recipe development specifically centered to food and wine pairings. I acted as "Brand Ambassador" for the winery, traveling across the country and abroad.
Employees are expendable and are compensated as such. No real effort put in by management for career growth. Self-assessments required annually, but review by manager is rarely valuable. No structured plans for advancement and no tuition reimbursement offered. Mostly boys club of high-end executives versus army of low-paid, forced part-timers (= no benefits) who do the actual face-to-face work with customer base. Culture is "work hard for us every day, and we might do something nice for you down the line."
Pros
Some really great employees. Good wine.
Cons
Low pay, many who should receive benefits do not per legal loopholes, disappointing company culture (fake concern about putting employees first), poor top-down management/transparency.
Company has grown too fast for developing and refining the different sections. It has a enough money to get through it's problems yet doesn't fix the basics. I personally was displeased with how much they throw away, and care less to organize or recycle. They have lacked S.O.P.s, guidance, and management. I remember countless days going machine to machine, ALL DAY, getting them "going" all the while the production personal just goof of and play on their phone. If you have the skills they need they will keep you and use the heck out of you. If not, they might let you go or just keep you in the corner to load machines and press buttons. Co workers were nice, caring, and easy going.
Pros
Benefits, 10 paid holidays, bonus
Cons
manamagement, demoralized environment, inconsistencies, wasteful
Great company to work for! Awesome Co-workers & supervisors. Best company I've ever worked for!! Everyone Is helpful and super friendly. Management is always out there helping out when a machine is down witch is super awesome.
Impressive wineries, great story and work perks. Paid below market average. Free wine does not pay the bills. Fun co-workers. Woman owned company yet all upper management is men. Fast paced, dynamic and sales driven company.
Pros
Wineries, co-workers
Cons
Pay is below market average, boys club
Over-all it's a good group. If you have skills they need and you don't do too many stupid things, they will keep you around. Not everybody gets the good treatment though.
Great place to work and great benefits. Even though it is just a place of work, everyone becomes a member of your family. Overall it is a family company and really knows how to treat their employees.
Pros
Benefits, Family Oriented Culture
Cons
Career Advancement
I had a wonderful experience with Jackson Family Wines. Rewards and incentives were put in place for performance milestones. Learning the ins and outs of hospitality made me a much more articulate member of the work force.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits for part time
This company is a great company to work for. During the time I worked there my boss sent me to California for training. Although the stay was short it was a great experience. Great people to work.
A typical work day consisted of: serving customers wine, educating customers about wine, telling customers about our tasting room, serving food, shipping and selling wine and wine club memberships, do outreach to the surrounding wineries. I learned a lot about wine and sales. I made a lot of friends at my winery but had an issue with my management. Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Free wine at the end of the night, discounts on wine at all JFW locations
Cons
Working every weekend
Believe what you hear - it is a toxic environment. My direct supervisor had the "shell game" down - look busy and throw the work on everyone else.
Pros
The salary - they HAVE to pay well. It is horrible to work there
Cons
Too many to list - if you value your soul - skip this organization
Loved it, it is a great all around company. Very Flexable great networking and great people all around. Multi tasking is a need.
Jackson Family Wines hired me to assist the various contractors with the facility history and locations of underground utilities to expedite the remodel of the winery. This company knows exactly what it takes to rapidly refurbish a production facility and turn it in an efficient production facility. The upper management was easy to communicate with and did not have the standard "unreachable" attitude that most corporations seem to have.
Pros
Clear communications, good contractor contacts-Professional.
Cons
Did not have a chance to establish a relationship with the new chief of engeneering.