Jackson Family Wines Employee Reviews

Easy some days, crazy others. Some work hard, others mess around on phones
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 22, 2018
Company has grown too fast for developing and refining the different sections. It has a enough money to get through it's problems yet doesn't fix the basics. I personally was displeased with how much they throw away, and care less to organize or recycle. They have lacked S.O.P.s, guidance, and management. I remember countless days going machine to machine, ALL DAY, getting them "going" all the while the production personal just goof of and play on their phone. If you have the skills they need they will keep you and use the heck out of you. If not, they might let you go or just keep you in the corner to load machines and press buttons. Co workers were nice, caring, and easy going.
Pros
Benefits, 10 paid holidays, bonus
Cons
manamagement, demoralized environment, inconsistencies, wasteful
Fast Paced, Sales oriented, competitive company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 13, 2018
Impressive wineries, great story and work perks. Paid below market average. Free wine does not pay the bills. Fun co-workers. Woman owned company yet all upper management is men. Fast paced, dynamic and sales driven company.
Pros
Wineries, co-workers
Cons
Pay is below market average, boys club
Crazy Winery People
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Over-all it's a good group. If you have skills they need and you don't do too many stupid things, they will keep you around. Not everybody gets the good treatment though.
Great Workplace and Great Benefits
Finance (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work and great benefits. Even though it is just a place of work, everyone becomes a member of your family. Overall it is a family company and really knows how to treat their employees.
Pros
Benefits, Family Oriented Culture
Cons
Career Advancement
Competitive, fun environment
Tasting Room Associate, Carmel Road Winery (Current Employee) –  Carmel-by-the-Sea, CASeptember 11, 2017
I had a wonderful experience with Jackson Family Wines. Rewards and incentives were put in place for performance milestones. Learning the ins and outs of hospitality made me a much more articulate member of the work force.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits for part time
Great people to work
Exec. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm City, FLJuly 25, 2017
This company is a great company to work for. During the time I worked there my boss sent me to California for training. Although the stay was short it was a great experience. Great people to work.
Fun most of the time
Tasting Room Associate (Former Employee) –  Healdsburg, CAJanuary 19, 2017
A typical work day consisted of: serving customers wine, educating customers about wine, telling customers about our tasting room, serving food, shipping and selling wine and wine club memberships, do outreach to the surrounding wineries. I learned a lot about wine and sales. I made a lot of friends at my winery but had an issue with my management. Overall a great company to work for.
Pros
Free wine at the end of the night, discounts on wine at all JFW locations
Cons
Working every weekend
Absolutely the worst wine organization in the industry
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 10, 2014
Believe what you hear - it is a toxic environment.
My direct supervisor had the "shell game" down - look busy and throw the work on everyone else.
Pros
The salary - they HAVE to pay well. It is horrible to work there
Cons
Too many to list - if you value your soul - skip this organization
Great
Office Manager/Project / HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Sonoma, CAMay 7, 2014
Loved it, it is a great all around company.
Very Flexable great networking and great people all around. Multi tasking is a need.
Temporary appointment.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sonoma, CASeptember 10, 2013
Jackson Family Wines hired me to assist the various contractors with the facility history and locations of underground utilities to expedite the remodel of the winery. This company knows exactly what it takes to rapidly refurbish a production facility and turn it in an efficient production facility.
The upper management was easy to communicate with and did not have the standard "unreachable" attitude that most corporations seem to have.
Pros
Clear communications, good contractor contacts-Professional.
Cons
Did not have a chance to establish a relationship with the new chief of engeneering.

Want to know more about Jackson Family Wines?

Ask a question
Fun place to work, always busy and given responsibility
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 8, 2013
I learned many practical laboratory skills. I was trusted to efficiently do my job and worked with a variety of people across many departments.