Jackson Health System Employee Reviews

Great place to work with wonderful benefits.
Clinical Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 2, 2018
I am the only analyst that maintains Emergency care documentation for all three campuses including six urgent care facilities. Therefore, my day is pretty busy. However, I do have some downtime. Management is ok. Everyone has room for improvement. The hardest part of my job is dealing with end-users not wanting to adapt to change. However, the biggest reward is when you put something out there that the staff is in awe of. That outweighs everything.
Pros
Health Insurance
Working in the Emergency was enjoyable because my supervisor worked together with her staff.
Administrative Assistant/Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2018
During my employ, I worked with different principals. The manager I worked with before retiring was among the best. A good listener, excellent management skills; open door policy. showed concern for employees and patients' well being - which all resulted in employees being more productive and responsible.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the opportunity to help others. This made my life worth living.
During my sojourn, I learned that the chain is as strong as its weakest link and once we work as a team - Together We Accomplished More.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Health/Dental/Life Insurance
It is a fast pace environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 11, 2018
It is a pace environment. If you want something new on a daily basis, this is the place to work at. Every day is a new challenge. This is the place where miracles happen every day.
Fun, rewarding place to work
Music Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 9, 2018
The days are never the same making each shift exciting. The team is collaborative and warm. The work can be emotionally taxing but is worth it with the rewards
Love this place
Nursing Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 29, 2018
-Jackson Memorial/Perdue Medical center was a great place to work
-Tuition reimbursement was awesome
-They worked around my schedule so I was able to earn a degree
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Work hours 8 hours 5 days a week
motivated nurse
Licensure Florida RN License # (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 27, 2018
hrs per day, 3 days a week
 Nurse and staffs Supervisor  Family Health Assessment
 Leadership  Medicare Medicaid guidelines
 Quality Management
 Critical Care Nurse  Nursing Research
 Emergency & Disaster Preparedness
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Productive and easy going environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 26, 2018
I really have no complaints. I work with a great bunch of ladies in the office. The managers are nice and made me feel welcome when I started. Very understanding company.
working at jmh
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 20, 2018
very challenging place to work also a dangerous place to work stabbing etc. motorcycle and vehicle accidents daily, but i love to help people, if there was hazard pay this would be the ideal job to have ,security have no kind of protection whatsoever not even pepper spray,but the benefits are great, there much more good than bad i have to say so i will just leave it at that
Pros
dicounts, benefits, union, valic, uniforms, etc.
Cons
no coment
Good Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 12, 2018
Easy to work with different divisions of the system. Culture is laid-back. Several individuals have worked at the system for over 10 years. People in the organization are easy to get along with.
Pros
Stable Work Environment
Cons
No growth opportunity
Jackson Memorial Hospital
Health Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 18, 2018
I love working for Jackson Memorial Hospital. It was my very first job as a adult. a typical day at work was to clock in, go to my work area. Greet the patients and my co-workers, start checking in patients, making appointments, collecting cash payments, and scheduling appointments.The hardest part of the job was to see the condition some of the patients were in, and to just see them sick. The most enjoyable part was to work together as a team with my co-workers we were like family.
ARNP (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2018
An environment conducive to learning.
Culture inclusive workplace
Overall well-managed
The hardest part of the job is when your best is not good enough for the clients
The most enjoyable part of the job is when colleagues work together as a team
No Teamwork, No Respect and Low Salary
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33136July 4, 2018
Years ago Jackson was much better because the manager's cares about their employees. Now is about the budget. Not enough staff to work the floor at Jackson Memorial Hospital. A floor for three CNAs or PCTs to work on the floor there are only one CNA to work the whole floor. Sometimes the CNA or PCT has 14-30 patients which is too much for one CNA or PCT. The PCT or CNA gets burned out by the end of the morning or night. Some of the Nurses and doctors talk down to CNAs or PCTs because you're a CNA or PCT and treat their with no respect. There is no appreciation for CNAs or PCTs. There is no teamwork. The salary a CNAs or PCTs receive at Jackson memorial hospital is not enough to take care of the family and the bills. As a CNA you work hard and get paid Low Salary. There is No Raises for CNAs or PCTs on their salary. There is no recognition for the CNAs or PCTs. That goes for all Jackson Memorial Hospital units at the main campus. Jackson employees need to improve in respecting each other and improving teamwork. Jackson Memorial Hospital needs to give Higher Salaries to CNAs and PCTs because every one of them work hard and spend more time with the patients and giving them good care. Many changes and improvements need to be done to Jackson Memorial Hospital. If the managers and supervisors start caring for their employees the hospital would be a better place to work.
Cons
A low salary and no teamwork
Productive and fun work place
Assistant to Director / Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 19, 2018
Wonderful work place to work in they offer you hands on training. They take there time out with all of th employees so that you get a full understanding where you don’t ever have no miss understanding and have a feel free ask questions policy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks and healthcare
Motivated Work Place
Nursing Practicum (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 11, 2018
The services that Jackson Memorial Hospital offers are one of the best! The staff at Jackson Memorial Hospital are extremely professional and highly qualified to provide care to the community.
Fast paced and demanding
Corporate Director, Corrections Health Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 9, 2018
Jackson is a fast paced results driven organization. Resources are made available to complete tasks. It is a great company for which to work. It is a community based system.
Pros
Compensation Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance not equal
Fun, rewarding and compasion.
CCU Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2018
The work environment was pleasant and exciting. The team were wonderful, companionate and showed their love for their work. excellent patient care. It's where miracles happens.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no training in department
there is no advancement
Clerical Support (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2018
There is no opportunity to grow unless you know somebody in the administration.
There is no professionalism, some people are paid just to do nothing and if the have to work they will be complaining.
Pros
you work at your own pace.
Cons
people are lazy and do the minimum.
It is a place that provides great healthcare.
Chaplain Resident (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 11, 2018
A lot of caring people. They are trying to improve the culture here. It will likely take a few more years to fully instill a culture of caring and service. Pay needs to improve, to keep up with the cost of living in Miami.
fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 9, 2018
great workplace, great employers and employees, fun workplace, enjoyed my job and position. new challenge each day, enjoyed meeting new people and its great respect to the patients and workers.
Great working environment....
Transportation Aide (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 5, 2018
Great working environment but little room to grow. Positions are limited to move to a higher pay grade, management is great however those in administrative positions prevent advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about