Jackson Health System Employee Reviews

working at jmh
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 20, 2018
very challenging place to work also a dangerous place to work stabbing etc. motorcycle and vehicle accidents daily, but i love to help people, if there was hazard pay this would be the ideal job to have ,security have no kind of protection whatsoever not even pepper spray,but the benefits are great, there much more good than bad i have to say so i will just leave it at that
Pros
dicounts, benefits, union, valic, uniforms, etc.
Cons
no coment
motivated nurse
Licensure Florida RN License # (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 27, 2018
hrs per day, 3 days a week
 Nurse and staffs Supervisor  Family Health Assessment
 Leadership  Medicare Medicaid guidelines
 Quality Management
 Critical Care Nurse  Nursing Research
 Emergency & Disaster Preparedness
Pros
great benefits
No Teamwork, No Respect and Low Salary
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33136July 4, 2018
Years ago Jackson was much better because the manager's cares about their employees. Now is about the budget. Not enough staff to work the floor at Jackson Memorial Hospital. A floor for three CNAs or PCTs to work on the floor there are only one CNA to work the whole floor. Sometimes the CNA or PCT has 14-30 patients which is too much for one CNA or PCT. The PCT or CNA gets burned out by the end of the morning or night. Some of the Nurses and doctors talk down to CNAs or PCTs because you're a CNA or PCT and treat their with no respect. There is no appreciation for CNAs or PCTs. There is no teamwork. The salary a CNAs or PCTs receive at Jackson memorial hospital is not enough to take care of the family and the bills. As a CNA you work hard and get paid Low Salary. There is No Raises for CNAs or PCTs on their salary. There is no recognition for the CNAs or PCTs. That goes for all Jackson Memorial Hospital units at the main campus. Jackson employees need to improve in respecting each other and improving teamwork. Jackson Memorial Hospital needs to give Higher Salaries to CNAs and PCTs because every one of them work hard and spend more time with the patients and giving them good care. Many changes and improvements need to be done to Jackson Memorial Hospital. If the managers and supervisors start caring for their employees the hospital would be a better place to work.
Cons
A low salary and no teamwork
Fast paced and demanding
Corporate Director, Corrections Health Services (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 9, 2018
Jackson is a fast paced results driven organization. Resources are made available to complete tasks. It is a great company for which to work. It is a community based system.
Pros
Compensation Benefits
Cons
Work/life balance not equal
Favoritism and lavk of professionalism killed it!
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  MainMay 3, 2018
Worked for quality department. Enjoyed my role, however, the director lacked professionalism and played favorites. Very sad specially when you feel you have nowhere to go complain because of nepotism and clickish environment. People not valued by quality of their work in this department, but rather if you are part of the click.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Quality department LACKS PROFESSIONALISM
Fun, rewarding and compasion.
CCU Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 28, 2018
The work environment was pleasant and exciting. The team were wonderful, companionate and showed their love for their work. excellent patient care. It's where miracles happens.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no training in department
Working in the Emergency was enjoyable because my supervisor worked together with her staff.
Administrative Assistant/Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2018
During my employ, I worked with different principals. The manager I worked with before retiring was among the best. A good listener, excellent management skills; open door policy. showed concern for employees and patients' well being - which all resulted in employees being more productive and responsible.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the opportunity to help others. This made my life worth living.
During my sojourn, I learned that the chain is as strong as its weakest link and once we work as a team - Together We Accomplished More.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Health/Dental/Life Insurance
I worked in the Emergency Room for 10 to 12 hours a shift.
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 26, 2018
Working in the ER at Jackson Health System, teaches you how to multi task, become cultural diverse and also become a team player. All while doing this, in order to help some of the most indigent people in Dade county.
Pros
Never a dull moment.
Cons
Excellent medical benefits
Great place to work with wonderful benefits.
Clinical Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 2, 2018
I am the only analyst that maintains Emergency care documentation for all three campuses including six urgent care facilities. Therefore, my day is pretty busy. However, I do have some downtime. Management is ok. Everyone has room for improvement. The hardest part of my job is dealing with end-users not wanting to adapt to change. However, the biggest reward is when you put something out there that the staff is in awe of. That outweighs everything.
Pros
Health Insurance
Licensed Mental Health Therapist (MH15043) (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2018
Competitive work environment. Management changes but easy to adjust in work environment. Strict workplace culture. Benefits are excellent and room for progression.
Don't Do It
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 19, 2018
This place is in the 19th century
The staff in my department is poorly trained
The management is wants it their way and has no regard for the staff
If you looking for decent benefits and can compromise who you are and what you know this place is for you
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Horrible management and no education
Great place to learn
Director PCS (Current Employee) –  Perioperative ServicesSeptember 26, 2017
Jackson Health System is not a place for timid people or anyone who thinks they know what they are doing and have no room to grow. Upper management at Jackson have high expectations of their leaders and will hold you accountable. The culture is slowly changing and it is a direct reflection of the upper leadership who allows for their leaders to grow and be autonomous. The amount of work is astronomical; however, what more would you expect of such a large organization. To work in this organization you must have an open mind and be able to fit in the grand scheme of things. If you are not a progressive thinker and able to be proactive you may not want to work with us. Working at Jackson is never boring, You must be flexible and quick.
Pros
Benefits, ability to grow
Jackson health system
Patient Finance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 9, 2018
The team at Jackson health system is a great team. This is a very fast pace jobs and management work well with team member. The environment is very welcoming. Overall, quick pace work environment, opportunities for growth and Great benefits
Pros
great benefit
Cons
many lay offs
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 16, 2018
nice working environment, good people to work with, very good pay, good holidays, nice projects, management is awesome, good benefits, helpful employees
Workplace dysfunction
Associate Medical Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Poor management
Poor knowledge of correctional care
Favoritism and discrimination
No opportunity for advancement
Micro management
No merit pay
Dysfunctional workplace
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
"unhealthy environment" to work
Working at A Teaching Hospital
Clinical Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 9, 2018
Working at Jackson Health System (JHS) is like a family affair, As co-workers we support each other at work and away from the job. Many of us are close friends out of the work environment. Job satisfaction at JHS is a combination of both intrinsic and extrinsic factors. JHS is a teaching hospital and you always find yourself in an atmosphere of learning, and supportive environment.
Pros
Greater Job satisfaction due to enhanced exposure to learning. 24 hr doctor coverage, to give medical care to our patients, and support the nursing staff
Cons
Short staffing, patients are the teaching tool for medical students, nursing students, this can be tiring for the patient.
Alright place
Disability Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2018

Overall a pretty decent place to work. Everyone was always willing to help.
Productive environment.
Cerner Physician Trainer and Analyst Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 5, 2018
I have had the opportunity to work at JHS on several occasions. It is an ideal work place for those who would like to grow. The organization offers many opportunities for growth.

A typical work day involved, prepping for my classes and training medical staff. I learned that being prepared and being knowledgeable makes life very rewarding. Management insures the objectives of the organization are met and maintains a culture of transparency and encouragement. The most difficult part of the job was managing the large classes. I enjoyed the autonomy I was afforded, to perform the tasks I was assigned.
good place to work
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2018
many responsibilities and short of staff within the clinic. There is a union and some job protection.
Excellent learning opportunies and exposed to educational experiences. Good benefits. Good experiences with other nurse practitioners.
Pros
paid education travel.
Cons
Too many patients and not so much staff.
ambiente de trabajo tenso
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 8, 2018
Es un trabajo muy intenso. Aprendí a planificar las tareas laborales para ser mas eficiente y cumplir las tareas diarias.
La gerencia es adecuada
Aprendi mucho de cultura laboral.
Lo mas dificil era terminar mucho trabajo en poco tiempo
Aprendi a planificarme mejor en el trabajo y enfocarme en lo fundamental, aprendi a trabajar con EMR Cerner y a mejorar habilidades de flebotomia
Pros
seguro medico
Cons
mucho estres laboral

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Health System. Our community is ready to answer.