Jackson Health System Employee Reviews

Best place to work !
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 5, 2019
I will miss the cultural diversity embedded in the Jackson Health System. It’s a formidable place to work. After 22 years of working with that company, I am able to confirm that I have acquired a significant amount of knowledge and experience that will be useful to me and my family for the rest of my life.
Pros
Instill confidence in its employees with benefits and job security
Cons
Short breaks.
High pressure to discharge, extremely fast paced
Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2019
I'm constantly learning on a daily basis. Great team work with multiple disciplines. I like working here, but little thanks for work done. However, that's getting better. Extremely high expectations and high pressure & stress. Easy to get burned out
Pros
Great benefits, learning new things daily. Teaching hospital
Cons
High stress for discharge, fast paced. Training could be better for new staff
Moved to keywest
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 14, 2019
Help self-pay patient compete medicaid application SS disability application visit foster care kids,visit homeless shelter...complete Jackson card for patient for healthcare
great company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2019
They treat their staff like professionals with a sense of job security. Co-worker are generally helpful. For the most part management has a open door policy.
Great Place To Work
Administrative Secretary 1 (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 6, 2019
Extremely happy in my position. Work great with my peers and have developed lasting relationships. Jackson is a community of healthcare providers that are focused.
Stable work environment with excellent benefits
RN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Good learning environment for a new nurse.Stable work environment with excellent benefits. Exposure to all kinds of patients from many
different cultural backgrounds. Opportunity to transfer jobs within hospital
Pros
Independent work environment, excellent benefits
Cons
Poor on job training/education
Awesome!
ICU RN (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 27, 2019
I will be always grateful to Jackson for giving the opportunity to work with them , to trust me when I had no nursing experience, their internship for new grads is wonderful, I highly recommended this program, it’s an awesome place to work , their have respect and consideration for their nurses
Unsafe, disrespectful , nightmare hospital !!
RN (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 28, 2018
TERRIBLE WORK PLACE!! I have heard many good things about this hospital but these reviews were from 20 years ago how JACKSON USED to be , it is no longer a high quality, great work place. The managers & administration that work here are disrespectful and seem like they just came out from the downtown ghetto. They have no etiquete for employees or patients. Staff is VERY unhappy and believe only reason for staying is the pension. Constant retaliation from administrators and managers. No ethics , standards for safety , regulations , respect , teamwork , help ... NOTHING !!!! Racism is common here ! If you question something because it is not being done right or is unethical you are yelled at ! It’s a night mare here and I would NEVER bring a family memeber here or recommend this place to anyone !!! Best thing I did was leave this hospital !
Jackson Long Term Care Pharmacy Review
Clinical Practice Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 18, 2018
I was a pharmacist at the Long Term Care Center. The pharmacy staff is not professional. They were swearing at me and harassing me. I reported them to HR but they denied everything; and HR believed them. Would not recommend working at the long term care pharmacy.

Furthermore, the administration at this company is always looking to cut costs. At one point, they were even looking to cut my position. I had my hours cut many times.

I helped the nursing home pass state inspections was promoted from pool to part time with benefits.
Pros
The doctor, Arnp, nurses, and residents are nice. Pay and benefits are good
Cons
Pharmacy Staff unprofessional
Enjoyable work place
Emergency Room Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 12, 2018
working for jackson health systems was an awesome experience I came in contact with some very nice people. And my journey was one I will not forget. Coming to Jackson just a few years after graduating high school was my first time working in a hospital. I was trained by some of the best staff members, I Learned lots of important information, medical terminology, Computer skills, and Customer Service skills, I Loved everything about my position and was blessed to be able to work with my JMH family for 30 years. While at Jackson I came in contact with lots of nice people and patients along with their families. Nurses and Doctors I really enjoyed being a unit secretary with JHS.
ambiente de trabajo tenso
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 8, 2018
Es un trabajo muy intenso. Aprendí a planificar las tareas laborales para ser mas eficiente y cumplir las tareas diarias.
La gerencia es adecuada
Aprendi mucho de cultura laboral.
Lo mas dificil era terminar mucho trabajo en poco tiempo
Aprendi a planificarme mejor en el trabajo y enfocarme en lo fundamental, aprendi a trabajar con EMR Cerner y a mejorar habilidades de flebotomia
Pros
seguro medico
Cons
mucho estres laboral
Overall I like it
Registered Nurse ER (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 28, 2018
Jackson is a wonderful
Company that I have the privilege to work for! I grow so much In it ! And will continue to do it if god forbid .is a multicultural place we have all nationalities we all matter ! I’m. Blessed
Fun place to work. Opportunity to meet and greet the CEO
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2018
Excellent working place. Everyone is treated with respect. Team work is involved. Our mission statement is “we make miracles happen “ Jackson Health System strive for patience satisfaction. When our patients are satisfied we know that we are accomplishing our goal.
Pros
Employee of the month recognition
Working at A Teaching Hospital
Clinical Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 9, 2018
Working at Jackson Health System (JHS) is like a family affair, As co-workers we support each other at work and away from the job. Many of us are close friends out of the work environment. Job satisfaction at JHS is a combination of both intrinsic and extrinsic factors. JHS is a teaching hospital and you always find yourself in an atmosphere of learning, and supportive environment.
Pros
Greater Job satisfaction due to enhanced exposure to learning. 24 hr doctor coverage, to give medical care to our patients, and support the nursing staff
Cons
Short staffing, patients are the teaching tool for medical students, nursing students, this can be tiring for the patient.
Great place to work with wonderful benefits.
Clinical Informatics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 2, 2018
I am the only analyst that maintains Emergency care documentation for all three campuses including six urgent care facilities. Therefore, my day is pretty busy. However, I do have some downtime. Management is ok. Everyone has room for improvement. The hardest part of my job is dealing with end-users not wanting to adapt to change. However, the biggest reward is when you put something out there that the staff is in awe of. That outweighs everything.
Pros
Health Insurance
Working in the Emergency was enjoyable because my supervisor worked together with her staff.
Administrative Assistant/Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 20, 2018
During my employ, I worked with different principals. The manager I worked with before retiring was among the best. A good listener, excellent management skills; open door policy. showed concern for employees and patients' well being - which all resulted in employees being more productive and responsible.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the opportunity to help others. This made my life worth living.
During my sojourn, I learned that the chain is as strong as its weakest link and once we work as a team - Together We Accomplished More.
Pros
Employee Appreciation
Cons
Health/Dental/Life Insurance
It is a fast pace environment
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 11, 2018
It is a pace environment. If you want something new on a daily basis, this is the place to work at. Every day is a new challenge. This is the place where miracles happen every day.
Fun, rewarding place to work
Music Therapist (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 9, 2018
The days are never the same making each shift exciting. The team is collaborative and warm. The work can be emotionally taxing but is worth it with the rewards
Love this place
Nursing Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 29, 2018
-Jackson Memorial/Perdue Medical center was a great place to work
-Tuition reimbursement was awesome
-They worked around my schedule so I was able to earn a degree
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Work hours 8 hours 5 days a week
motivated nurse
Licensure Florida RN License # (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 27, 2018
hrs per day, 3 days a week
 Nurse and staffs Supervisor  Family Health Assessment
 Leadership  Medicare Medicaid guidelines
 Quality Management
 Critical Care Nurse  Nursing Research
 Emergency & Disaster Preparedness
Pros
great benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Health System. Our community is ready to answer.