Jackson Hewitt
81High

Jackson Hewitt Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA6 reviews
Wonderful Professional Envorinment
I like this job because it provided me with knowledge I didn't have before. It opened my eyes to a different aspect of the financial world. Also with the company offering advanced tax preparer classes made me feel more comfortable working for them..
tax consultant
daily tax return to customer, answer phones, make appointments, handed out checks to customers, file checks and file tax returns for customers on a daily basis
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Tax prep
Tax preperation for clients
Learned new tax laws

Great place to do taxes
productive workplace
One of my favorite jobs. Clean workplace, great learning experience, great patients, great staff and great cafeteria for lunch break.
Pros
alll of the above
Cons
laid off
Learn from your peers
I learned many things at Jackson Hewitt. Specifically, I learned how important customer service is to the company and their policy to keep each returning customer happy.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Tax Preparer
I worked one season as tax prepare because my roommate was studying to be a CPA. It was work experience for her and extra money for me. I took a short class for a week if memory serves me correctly. I am so glad that I had this work experience, taxes are not as intimidating as people make them seem. I have done my and my family taxes ever since then, I just brush up on the new tax laws. I learned a lot about dealing with customer service as well. Most of the Jackson Hewitts were setup in Walmarts, the customer volume was all over the place. There was a lot of emotions expressed during tax season. I liked my supervisor, she was always avilable when any of us need her. It was seasonal work, so besides my roommate I did not talk to many of the other employees. I was there to work and I had another job so I need to get home an sleep. The hardest part of working at Jackson Hewiit was dealing with people who did not like the refund they were getting back from IRS. I understand you pay the government all this money through the year and expect to get a decent portion of it back and you do not, but you cannot take that out on me. The most enjoyable part of the job was closing time.