Jackson Hewitt Employee Reviews

51.3K
Found 2,729 reviews matching the search See all 2,732 reviews
Receptionist
Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  PensacolaAugust 14, 2018
Jackson Hewitt was nice, but it wasn’t enough. I needed more hours and better pay and I was only part time with 2 kids and it was very stressful trying to maintain.
Productive and a nice place to work
Lead Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 14, 2018
The service was great, management and workers were nice, product was great, customer service was great. Overall the company is a good place to work for.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Some locations were not good
Experience.
Tax preparer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 10, 2018
Daily operation consisted of filing tax returns for small businesses and individuals. I learned to use different software based on the year the taxes were being filed for. Great work environment working with people of different cultures, and management.
Pros
Busy work environment.
Cons
Seasonal work.
our tax team group appreciates your business and continued trust. I
Tax Professional - Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHAugust 10, 2018
prepared and computed taxes owed by following tax code.
Prepared and assisted in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
Helped taxpayers by using their federal, state and local codes and see to it that clients receive the maximum benefit permitted under the law of government.
Uncovered potential deductions and credits.
Advised against potential tax liabilities.
Ensured clients do not pay unnecessary taxes.
Reviewed financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures.
Consulted tax law handbooks for especially difficult tax returns
Resolved customer complaints.
is a good company to work for, no much room for advancement
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 9, 2018
The company does not offer much room for advancement at least where I was working, unless one is a tax professional. The company had to relocate and I was not offer a job for the following tax season
Pros
flexible hour
Cons
high demanding environmen and heavy phone calls
Friendly work environment
Tax Preparer (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2018
I have worked there for 2 years, and really enjoy working with all managers and new comers each year. We share knowledge and tax preparation tips in group during working, and whenever you get a question, the managers are always there to make sure it solved in no time.
Pros
flexible work time
Cons
no benefit
Fun place to work helping clients with their income tax returns.
Certified Tax Professional (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed doing tax returns. I enjoy helping others. I have 30 years of experience preparing tax returns. It is my passion. I enjoy meeting new people with different financial situations.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Short breaks
Nice work life balance
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Swansea, ILAugust 8, 2018
This was a great seasonal job. The manager and assistant manager were extremely knowledgeable and happy to help.

There was a great work life balance. I provided my availability and it was met without any questions.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
low pay
stressful work enviroment
Tax preparer (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIAugust 7, 2018
from cleaning to tax preparation. You learn basic tax preparation from management that like to slander and lie on the employees. The hardest part of working there is dealing with bad management.The most enjoyable part is having a satisfied customer.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
bad management
Tax Businesses should not be franchises
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXAugust 7, 2018
Once Jackson Hewitt partnered with Walmart, the expectations of the employees was to push Walmart products for IRS refunds. I just like to prepare returns and help the client. I don't feel that it is my job to push products on clients that are already stressed out by the tax process.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
I recommend working for Jackson Hewitt Tax Service because they treat you fairly, they work around your schedule and the management staff are great!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 7, 2018
This is a seasonal job, but if you are looking for something part-time, as a second income or just for some extra money this is a great place to work.
We have classes to teach you everything you need and if you need help there is always someone to help you with your questions or help you find an answer.
So please check into working for us. You will love it!
Tax preparer overview
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLAugust 5, 2018
The first time of a tax prepare life on the job is nerve racking because they want to make sure that the customer is pleased with the services provide,,, in the being said, a tax preparer want to make sure the all the tools needed in on hand and the information and resources needed in remembered. Utilizing the program and learning it was a bit of a challenge for me because of the question a person has to ask the client. The hardest part is getting the information because some people do want to disclose to much of the information than need to but to ensure that the private data will remain confident no matter what is being said. the most enjoyable part is that the customer is satisfied with their refund and the services that was provide. At this company the team enjoy working together as a team because we benefit and learn from each other. There are days when is not all good and so we have to meet to sort out the kinks and that okay because at the end of the day everyone is right back at for the customers and clients to ensure a positive and energetic place for all people to feel welcome upon entering in and sitting down with the very person the they are going to be putting their trust in for life.
Pros
during meetings there is free lunch
Cons
No heatlh care plans and benifits
I love this job!
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Iuka, MSAugust 4, 2018
I made phone calls to clients, set up appointments, preformed tax interviews, used data entry programs to file taxes, took tax classes in my spare time, got to know Wal-Mart employees, answered tax questions for potential clients. I enjoyed learned new things daily and meeting new people. I look forward to the new season.
Pros
I can choose to have a 30-60 min. lunch., Employees can file their own taxes for free., Tax classes are always available for extra learning for free.
Cons
No insurance, or retirement, Its a seasonal job.
Good seasonal job.
Tax preparer (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 4, 2018
Flexible hours that work around other jobs. There are usually opportunities to pick up extra hours at other locations if you like. A lot of training and continuing education.
Pros
Flexible hours, get to do your own tax return free.
Cons
Low pay, but bonuses are available.
Easy going and fun
Tax Preparer Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77043August 4, 2018
Easy going and fun work day.
Work place policies.
Consistent with expectations.
Very friendly work place.
Nothing was hard.
The freedom to use your own judgement to get the jobs done in an timely manor.
Pros
Consistent with expectations
Cons
There were no cons
Customer service/Office manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 3, 2018
Great place to work. Nice environment and great customer service. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the customers on a daily basis and getting to know them on a personal level at times.
Good source of learning tax law.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 3, 2018
Fast paced, must have working knowledge of tax regulations of each year. Good work attitude and ease working with diverse groups of people. Must have good sense of humor and smile a lot.
Productive, fun
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 3, 2018
A Seasonal job that you can count on every year during tax time to make extra income and they offer a paid tax preparer class and eventually grow and become a store manager
Pros
Extra income
Cons
Seasonal
Slow paced environment
Tax preparer (Former Employee) –  East Orange, NJAugust 3, 2018
Jackson Hewitt was a very slow paced office experience. The instruction was never crystal clear, finding a solution and a manager qualified to do so was very challenging
Clients, not management, are the best part of the job.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 2, 2018
Theme "we work hard for the hardest working." But, management recommends we put off the more time intense returns for the quick ones. Heavy sales requirement. Higher sales earn higher bonus. High quality and care of clients is frowned upon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Hewitt. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight