Jackson Hewitt Employee Reviews

I enjoy my job
Tax Preparer II (Former Employee) –  Greater Pittsburgh AreaJuly 15, 2018
Jackson Hewitt provides the ability to work with the public providing a service that people need and most are grateful and very happy with the service.
Pros
Great income
Cons
Exciting place to work with outstanding customers
Office Manager/ Preparer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 15, 2018
Working at Jackson Hewitt is wonderful with a variety of customers' needs and concerns dealing with their personal tax issues. As my stores' location store manager, I have had some stress filled days but when you have customers that really care about you not just getting their taxes done; it really pays off.
Pros
very flexible work schedule, wonderful clients
Cons
only seasonal work during tax time
seasonal job
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJuly 14, 2018
I enjoyed working with my boss, she taught me so much. I enjoyed doing the tax returns and working with each customer. Ran into a few complicated returns but my boss was awesome with assisting me and teaching me what I needed to know. Unfortunately it was a seasonal job and then she passed away.
Pros
working with a great boss and team players as well as the customers
Cons
seasonal.
Great Employees
Office Manager/Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed the opportunity to manage an office and a great and productive team of employees. I enjoyed the team efforts by each employee and it made for a successful, efficient, and effective tax season.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Long Hours
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service
TAX PREPARER (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJuly 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. I have worked for this company for several tax seasons. It was great to be able to assist client with one of the most important aspects of their financial obligation.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not getting enough hours
ExcellentTraining and Company SeasonalSupport
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 13, 2018
I Learned every type of Personal and Self Employment Income Taxes training and Learning modules, one on one training in personal tax preparation. Regional Support offered if you utilize it. Friendly, fast paced Environment. Kid friendly offices supplied with toys for children. Some offices supply Coffee and Snacks to Customers.
Pros
Contant Learning, Repeat and growth in Customers
Cons
Seasonal Employment, and they Don't prepare Business Taxes
Helped out clients in distress.
Tax preparer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 12, 2018
I was accused of theft by a certain manger. I was exonerated but the feelings were to raw for me wanting to return.

Otherwise I liked working there..
Flex hours
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed working the seasonal tax preparation job. I learned few good techniques to complete the job easily. They accommodated my work place, hours, and locations to travel.
Pros
flex schedule
High volume
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 12, 2018
You must be up to date on internal revenue regulations as well as state's and National office.
You must be able to keep up with the high pace of customers and time lines
Pros
Customer contact
Cons
Overturn of preparers
completing tax returns,
Tax Preparer (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 12, 2018
interaction with new people and returning clients is a daily part of my ob, answering phones, making calls to clients a few times a week, discussing life events and changes that affect client tax situation also attend conference calls, I make employee schedules, keep files updated, maintain a professional office environment, stay up to date with IRS tax information, so that I can better inform the cliients
Pros
flexibility
Cons
wages
OLD FRANCHISE OWNER was great/ New one...not so much
General Franchise Manager/ Bookkeeping / Taxes (Former Employee) –  Marble, COJuly 12, 2018
Before 2017 franchise owner was wonderful to work for which is what the ratings reflect. New owner,..not-so-much. Commission used to be paid. New owner does not keep him word on that or the amount.
Pros
Learning new information yearly and flexable schedules
Cons
No breaks and recently, ..no commissions paid
Good work environment with helpful associates
Tax Preparer, Tax seasons (Former Employee) –  Hanover Park, ILJuly 11, 2018
Good workplace, fellow employees very helpful when learning responsibilities. The pay was not the best, the culture was one of learning and everyone seemed focused on doing a good job and obtaining the best refund possible for every client.
Pros
good environment, helpful associates, easy software
Cons
occasional rude clients
Very Brief.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 11, 2018
They were very open and flexible with scheduling. Accelerated training so we did not waste time on unnecessary material. Very personable and relaxed working environment.
Good way to get your feet wet in the Tax Preparation Industry
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 10, 2018
It's busy during tax season and then the business sharply declines. I learned the basics of tax preparation, some basic tax law and some of the banking regulations in order to get people approved for loans. The hardest part of the job are the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is again, the customers. The is an opportunity for bonus' but the earning potential is severely lacking. It's not usually a year round gig unless you're higher up in the company or IT.
Pros
Opportunity to earn bonuses
Cons
Not comission based, low pay. Can get fined by the IRS for customers lying to you.
this was a seasonal job while in college
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAJuly 10, 2018
I was a tax preparer at the Walmart location in Statesboro GA. This job included flexible hour and opportunity to work overtime.I learned how to prepare taxes electronically.
Enjoyed meeting people
Office Manager and Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed interfacing and meeting new people. Helping them receive their biggest tax return was fun and challenging. I developed many friendships with people who came back to me every year.
good job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Astoria, NYJuly 10, 2018
its a franchise, so the owner that I worked for was great. During tax season if I have any issues,I could address them directly with my employer and they would be handled immediately
Pros
good pay
Cons
seasonal
Taxes are fun.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 10, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of meeting new people and preparing their tax returns. I learned how to prepare taxes and thoroughly review the returns with the clients.I thoroughly enjoyed this job during the tax season.
great PT job.
Manager - Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 9, 2018
A great company to work part time - but its not a job for advancement. Working full time, as a manager you work 12-14 hours a day during tax season. Saturdays are 9-5 and Sundays were 12-5, seven days a week until April 15th. Forget birthdays, concerts, parent conferences, etc. As a single parent it was hard. Summers were nice - 3 day weeks, Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. and four day weekends.
Pros
summer hours
Cons
Jan - April 15th hours
Jackson Hewitt employees are like family
Jackson Hewitt Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 8, 2018
Great teamwork. Upper management very helpful when you need them. Hours are long but we are there for our clients which is most important. Great company to work for!!
Pros
Job security
Cons
When busy sometimes hard to take longer breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Hewitt. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

54out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jackson Hewitt.