Jackson Hewitt Employee Reviews

Found 2,940 reviews matching the search See all 2,943 reviews
seasonal job
csr (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 22, 2019
great training program very delightful supervisor just not enough hours at times an pay rate was not suitable other than those two things it was a good seasonal job.
fun place
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 21, 2019
great employer family friendly teaching new things daily keeps each day a new experience building relationships with clients and seeing them return each year
Pros
learning skills
Fine
Licensed Tax Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORJanuary 21, 2019
Preparing income tax returns is my favorite job. Great software program. Easy to work on. Good management team. And great manager boss. Wish I could work there again but not too far.
Pros
Good software program
Cons
Working in the middle of Walmart.
seasonal
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MSJanuary 18, 2019
They do train you and their are not friendly. They will change the work schedule without you knowing it. They are known to fire their employees to keep from paying them a bonus.
Pros
seasonal
Cons
liars
The commission bonuses are worth it.
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 18, 2019
Kiss seeing your friends and family goodbye for 4 months. Tax preparation is a 24 hour job, going up and beyond for the client. If math isn't your strong suit, don't apply. If you love working with the public then this is the place for you.
The Dream is Over
Support Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 18, 2019
As a former employee of this company, I will say that the overall atmosphere in the Support Center while I was there was definitely different, but not necessarily in a good way. I worked there in the past (in different departments) and at that particular time, it was a wonderful experience and I truly enjoyed working there. At some point, there was a "shake-up" in management and people's attitudes changed in a negative way... completely less helpful. Too much favoritism, overlooking people with their bad behavior, and unwilling to adequately train/re-train employees to do their jobs effectively.
Pros
None at this point
Cons
Favoritism, Management unwilling to be compassionate, Inadequate training/re-training of returning employees
Long time ago
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
It was tough trying to run the 17 locations I was over with a wage that was below the market other similar firms would offer, but that is partially because it was such a big territory. I don't know if anyone realizes this, but they are franchises where people have to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to the corporate office just to have the right to be a franchisee. That being said, the lower wage of the district I was in made it difficult to get enough people to work. All other things, the job was pretty good, lots of driving for 17 stores, but the people were great. The tax school was a nice addition to conduct. The owner was nice and fair, just wish the hourly rates could have been higher to get more workers in the door.
It was a job to get me through college
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJanuary 17, 2019
This was a position that was temporary and was not something I ever intended to stay with. As far as the company itself, it served its purpose for the time I needed it to be.
Great Place
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 17, 2019
The best decision I made for a part time gig. They were very flexible, willing to work with my main schedule and i thoroughly enjoy the location I am stationed.
Not a place that lends itself to keeping alert.
Enrolled Agent. (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I did not consider the manager likely to listen to the comments The environment was unsteady, The office was largely and unappealing to clients.. Work day was not filled. Clients' arrived in a hurry to get done. Impatient. Considered tax cost paramount.
Pros
Not mush pro.
Cons
All cons would be too much
Great workplace environment for those who can operate with minimal supervision
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILJanuary 15, 2019
I really enjoy working for this company. It is what has driven me to dive into the financial world. I would encourage anyone to work for this company.
Great immediate boss
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 14, 2019
I like working here. It is fun and so am a people person. For the level of responsibility the pay is way too low.

In order to get more dedicated workers they should pay a little more and offer some benefits.
Pros
Free tax return filings
Cons
Low pay
Good placve to work
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 13, 2019
This place is a good place to work during tax season. You have to take a class first. You have to start the class in October to get it done by first of the year.
Great job to have if you want to learn taxes and tax law.
Seasonal Tax Preparer/ Private Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Preparing personal and business taxes for individuals that need their taxes professionally done. Assisting individuals with setting up payments to the government, IRS and any other offices of the clients choice.
Pros
Open schedule
Cons
Seasonal
Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 11, 2019
I've learned a lot at this company. I learned how to prepare taxes, and about state and federal laws. The hardest part of the job was trying to get the people to come to there appointments on time. The management was friendly and very informative.
Cons
Seasonal
quick pace
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 9, 2019
I liked working for this company I have been a tax preparer a manager for a store from as well as a Walmart kiosk worker. I enjoyed the customers and the quick pace of work that was always going on.
They are very personable to work for.
TAX PREPARER (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 9, 2019
They are very good at making sure you trained well. The managers are very accessible and helpful. I had a lot of interesting meetings with clients and stayed very busy. The hardest part of the job for me was that I was not good at sitting in one place for 8 to 10 hours a day. I really enjoyed the interactions with the clients for the most part.
Pros
The flexibility of my hours.
Cons
sitting in one place all during the shift.
Very kind and patient co-workers
Sign Spinner (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, NCJanuary 9, 2019
Overall a wonderful place to work. Great atmosphere, as well as a fantastic boss to work for. The only problem I had was people who occasionally insult or throw stuff at me.
Pros
Decent breaks
Cons
Being insulted and having stuff thrown at me by passersby
Tax Preparer
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJanuary 8, 2019
Help preparer/file taxes.
• Process payments, make appointments and answer phone calls
developing customer skills
meeting new people
helping people get as much back on there taxes
knowledge
Tax Preparer (Former Employee) –  Ennis, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Became a more knowledgeable in becoming a tax preparer and was also able to learn about the tax preparation industry and how things change on a yearly basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Hewitt. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jackson Hewitt.

Powered by Comparably