Jackson Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast-paced work environment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AlabamaOctober 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Jackson hospital because there was always something to do to keep me occupied. I was never bored and never had down time. I also enjoyed working with my co-workers because everyone always did their job and did it in a professional manner.
Pros
Discount in the cafeteria
Cons
12 hour shift
suplly
Lab Supply Coordinator II/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 17, 2018
I loved working there. It was a family team work place. The lab family was awesome and still are. I would go back to work there in a minute no questions asked.
benefits
Cons
salary
FT for years
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 9, 2018
Compensation and Benefits started off ok but they went downhill fast. Management was one of the worst I have ever seen and I have been in the work force for 40 years. The unit in which I worked had mostly spiteful, lying, "I'd stab my mother in the back to make me look good" type people and if you were doing your job, they didn't like it. They wanted you to be just as lazy as they were or they would make up a lie to tell their manager about you. I stayed there for years and tried to just take care of my patients and say, as long as my patients love me I can handle it. But finally, even that is not enough.
Jackson Hospital
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 28, 2018
On a daily basis of patient care and understanding HIPPA and various policies. I find that Jackson Hospital is a great opportunity to work and become part of the family.
Enjoyed working there
Patient Service Technician Mental health tech (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 26, 2018
Typical work day consists of tending to Patient Care assistant doctors and nurses and patient care patient admission and discharge performing EKG phlebotomy
Jackson Hospital is a great place to work.
Centralized Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FL 32448September 22, 2018
Great place to work with great employees to work with. I would recommend anyone work here. Awesome ceo who care about his employees as well. You receive discounts on services rendered.
High drive and energetic place to work
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 19, 2018
I was in nursing school while employed at Jackson Hospital. It benefited me greatly in learning specicific fields of nursing and how every team member is valuable in the coordination of a proficient team.
Pros
Wonderful learning experience, caring for the sick and elderly was a pleasure, helping someone in need always brings about positivity.
Cons
Some of the seasoned nurses were not as caring or as patient as I would have wished.
Job security and flexability
Float Pool/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 6, 2018
Nothing negative! Jackson Hospital is a great place to work. I've learned and still learning a lot of room for growth. Nurse manager is awesome goes over and beyond for employees.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
More staff
Be ready to be pulled to different floors in one night
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 28, 2018
I was a patient care technician in the float pool for one year and over the course of that year we’ve had three different directors/managers and four different supervisors. I never knew who to report anything to, there was way to much miscommunication between my supervisor and the nurses on the floors I had to work on, which would cause me to end up working on multiple different floors in one night.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Breaks nonexistent, inconsistent management, rude staff
Advancement opportunities
UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 25, 2018
Jackson hospital is great for advancement. I learn a lot in my field. Everyone works as a team and are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is understanding physician's handwriting when placing orders. Other than that, the hours are great and I enjoy working there.
Fun Work Place
Med-Surg Tech (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 8, 2018
Provided nursing care and support to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician. ... A typical work day consisted of following the orders of the nurse on duty
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
short staff
Great people to work with! Great nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLJuly 31, 2018
I work with the nurses on night shift. Very easy to get along with. We really care about our patients. I have learned a ton while working here. Management is not so great. Best part of the job is working with people who love their job. Worst part of the job is management.
Upper Management could use some training
RN (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 28, 2018
Not well organized in upper level management, esp for a modern day hospital. Compared to a Shelby, it's well behind the curve in meeting the needs of staff, hence the high turnover.
Ok
NURSE TECH (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 25, 2018
Ok comapany to work for with descent coworkers. And holiday working hours they really try to work with you on that. very nice and descent patients on most nights.
Great people to work with
Medical Assistant/Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 18, 2018
I really have no complaints. I work with a great bunch of ladies in the office. The managers are nice and made me feel welcome when I started. Very understanding company.
Pros
discount lunches, payroll deduct
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 18, 2018
Wonderful staff that makes you feel like family. People are always willing to help out, and you always see a smiling face. Managers work with schedules and help you to push your career forward.
quick paced work place
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 15, 2018
no days the same at jackson hospital. most days are very busy and hectic. but overall i enjoy taking care of my patients and ensure that the recieve the proper care and make a difference in someones life
friendly, sociable work place
Radiographer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 12, 2018
I have no real ill feelings about the work place. it is what is expected by them all. Nothing unbearable or out of place. its a great place to work. staff and supervisors are friendly and helpful.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
Breaks are hard to get
It was okay
NURSE SUPPORT TECH (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 8, 2018
I feel like my experiences there could have been better if the nurses I worked with was better educated on how to treat there co-workers. I left because my voice wasn't being heard about the lack of teamwork.
Great working environment and even better people.
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 2, 2018
My time at Jackson Hospital was full of good, fun memories. Along with learning how to care for patients using IT, I gained a new understanding in what it takes to work with a team. The hospital’s HR department and business administrators always made my fellow employees and I feel appreciated.