Jackson Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great people to work with! Great nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLJuly 31, 2018
I work with the nurses on night shift. Very easy to get along with. We really care about our patients. I have learned a ton while working here. Management is not so great. Best part of the job is working with people who love their job. Worst part of the job is management.
Upper Management could use some training
RN (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 28, 2018
Not well organized in upper level management, esp for a modern day hospital. Compared to a Shelby, it's well behind the curve in meeting the needs of staff, hence the high turnover.
Ok
NURSE TECH (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 25, 2018
Ok comapany to work for with descent coworkers. And holiday working hours they really try to work with you on that. very nice and descent patients on most nights.
Great people to work with
Medical Assistant/Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 18, 2018
I really have no complaints. I work with a great bunch of ladies in the office. The managers are nice and made me feel welcome when I started. Very understanding company.
Pros
discount lunches, payroll deduct
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 18, 2018
Wonderful staff that makes you feel like family. People are always willing to help out, and you always see a smiling face. Managers work with schedules and help you to push your career forward.
quick paced work place
UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 15, 2018
no days the same at jackson hospital. most days are very busy and hectic. but overall i enjoy taking care of my patients and ensure that the recieve the proper care and make a difference in someones life
friendly, sociable work place
Radiographer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 12, 2018
I have no real ill feelings about the work place. it is what is expected by them all. Nothing unbearable or out of place. its a great place to work. staff and supervisors are friendly and helpful.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
Breaks are hard to get
It was okay
NURSE SUPPORT TECH (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 8, 2018
I feel like my experiences there could have been better if the nurses I worked with was better educated on how to treat there co-workers. I left because my voice wasn't being heard about the lack of teamwork.
Great working environment and even better people.
IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 2, 2018
My time at Jackson Hospital was full of good, fun memories. Along with learning how to care for patients using IT, I gained a new understanding in what it takes to work with a team. The hospital’s HR department and business administrators always made my fellow employees and I feel appreciated.
Yes it was fun working there
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2018
I like working there because of the people I got to know in the friend's I made in the we did when I got there it was fun working I got to know so much in i learn a lot working there
Pros
Yes it was
Cons
15 mins
Place where one can advance in other positions if you so choose too.
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 29, 2018
I am a former employee that work here for Jackson Hospital for 14 years almost fifteen. In those years I have gained alot of
knowledge that I have know and have taken that knowledge to other jobs I have had. The experience I can say that I liked working for Jackson and would be glad to return has an employee of the opportunity came.
Pros
Good Benefits
A productive and fun workplace and everyone gets along.
Student Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 1, 2018
I loved to work at Jackson Hospital. The staff was supper friendly and enjoyable to be around. I would work there again if givin the opportunity. They have top notch equipment as well.
productive
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 30, 2018
A typical day was to greet pt and vistors as they enter the building, admitt pt,discharge,data entry, words, flexible,follow rules, help nothers when needed. time management, answer phone quickly and redirected call, copy, filing, faxing, OSHA complaince,power point word,excel, etc.
Fast paced, rapid growing facility
Employee Health and Wellness Manager (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 14, 2018
Jackson is a fun energetic place to work. It is very fast paced and rapidly growing. Great place for educational opportunity and career advancement.
Nice facility overall
Monitor Tech (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 10, 2018
Management left something to be desired. I had a total of 15 Managers/Supervisors in 13 yrs. Three of the fifteen Managers were very good. However, they all moved on to higher positions.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  3 northApril 8, 2018
The staff there is very friendly and helpful. Great place to start out working and to advance in your career. The hardest part of the job is the politics of it.
Good hospital, not so good pay
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 19, 2018
Very low pay at the time. Not sure if the pay rates have changed too much. Management was fair but their employee screening process was poor. Some of the people that were hired were unsavory people.
Jackson Hospital Culture
RN (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 7, 2018
The best part about Jackson Hospital would be the culture. The environment is very warm and friendly. Everyone works together to ensure the best outcome for the patients. Great teamwork.
Jackson Hospital is well know for rendering great healthcare in the capital city Montgomery, Alabama.
Director of Plant Operations & Safety (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 23, 2018
1. A typical day at work includes; a review of the building automation system data, energy reports, accounts payables, work orders, working on various regulatory reports, review of construction documentation and build outs etc.
2. Communication is vital in all that you do. Use it wisely.
3. Manage your department first by by trusting your employees, secondly by verifying their work.
4.. Set the pace and be an example for everyone to follow.
5. It takes everyone to make the wheel turn.
6.The hardest part of a Director of Plant Operations job is time management. This position requires focus and staying on track; particularly with all of the regulatory requirements.
6. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing somehow you helped make the facility a safe secure and healthy environment for the patients, staff and visitors.
Pros
The people at work all know one another.
Cons
Raises in a county hospital are few and far between.
stressful
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2018
This work place was nothing that I would approve for anyone. I didn't learn any things and the management was not caring and sympathy to the patients.