Jackson Hospital Employee Reviews

Competitive
Respiratory Therapy CRT (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 4, 2019
The only thing I don't like about the organization is they can be very discriminating. Fire blacks for no reason at all but give whites second chances.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Discrimination
Average Employer
NST (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 22, 2018
This company has it's standards and expectations as far as a hospital goes. But the pay really is horrible. Great insurance benefits though. Yes they do tuition reimbursement for after you graduate. Nothing really for advancement opportunities or to start an education path for employees who are wanting to go to school and advance in the career path.
Fast-paced work place
NST/Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 28, 2018
Very busy and "on your toes" job really helpful for those in nursing school. Pay is not the best but the experience is really helpful for those in the medical field.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Short breaks
Great Work
Patient Care (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 23, 2018
Sample Supports is a fantastic company with transparency across entry-level and management positions, good communication between teams, and a unifying love of clientele.

If you want a job where you have trouble describing to friends and family exactly what you do, but know that you love doing it, this is the place.

This company runs on quick thinking, passion, and improvisation. The nature of the work demands that plans be redefined, and the flow be rolled with.
Excellent facility to work at!!
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLNovember 12, 2018
Great learn experience with opportunities to grow. I would definitely recommend employment at this facility. My professional growth has increased my employment options.
The hospital parties are nice !
UNIT CLERK / LAB ASSISTENT I (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 29, 2018
Learn what you can in 6 months probationary period , then progress . ALWAYS take all in - house training courses offered . Take notes , and always document , document , document.
Pros
Food at the parties are ok, training classes are a must !
Cons
Somedays you may not be able to have a break due to downtime systems updates, etc.
Its a great place to work if -------
IT Support Specialist - IT Helpdesk (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 23, 2018
It is a great place to work if you know someone already working there. The environment is very clique-ish and hard to get on if applying outside their network
Fast-paced work environment
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, AlabamaOctober 20, 2018
I enjoyed working at Jackson hospital because there was always something to do to keep me occupied. I was never bored and never had down time. I also enjoyed working with my co-workers because everyone always did their job and did it in a professional manner.
Pros
Discount in the cafeteria
Cons
12 hour shift
suplly
Lab Supply Coordinator II/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 17, 2018
I loved working there. It was a family team work place. The lab family was awesome and still are. I would go back to work there in a minute no questions asked.
benefits
Cons
salary
Quality was very important
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 10, 2018
Quality was emphasized at the time of my employment. Opportunities for continuing education were provided on site as well as travel opportunites to attend continuing education classes twice a year.
Pros
Quality emphasis
FT for years
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 9, 2018
Compensation and Benefits started off ok but they went downhill fast. Management was one of the worst I have ever seen and I have been in the work force for 40 years. The unit in which I worked had mostly spiteful, lying, "I'd stab my mother in the back to make me look good" type people and if you were doing your job, they didn't like it. They wanted you to be just as lazy as they were or they would make up a lie to tell their manager about you. I stayed there for years and tried to just take care of my patients and say, as long as my patients love me I can handle it. But finally, even that is not enough.
Jackson Hospital
Patient Access Representative II (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 28, 2018
On a daily basis of patient care and understanding HIPPA and various policies. I find that Jackson Hospital is a great opportunity to work and become part of the family.
Enjoyed working there
Patient Service Technician Mental health tech (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 26, 2018
Typical work day consists of tending to Patient Care assistant doctors and nurses and patient care patient admission and discharge performing EKG phlebotomy
Jackson Hospital is a great place to work.
Centralized Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FL 32448September 22, 2018
Great place to work with great employees to work with. I would recommend anyone work here. Awesome ceo who care about his employees as well. You receive discounts on services rendered.
High drive and energetic place to work
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 19, 2018
I was in nursing school while employed at Jackson Hospital. It benefited me greatly in learning specicific fields of nursing and how every team member is valuable in the coordination of a proficient team.
Pros
Wonderful learning experience, caring for the sick and elderly was a pleasure, helping someone in need always brings about positivity.
Cons
Some of the seasoned nurses were not as caring or as patient as I would have wished.
Job security and flexability
Float Pool/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 6, 2018
Nothing negative! Jackson Hospital is a great place to work. I've learned and still learning a lot of room for growth. Nurse manager is awesome goes over and beyond for employees.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
More staff
Be ready to be pulled to different floors in one night
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 28, 2018
I was a patient care technician in the float pool for one year and over the course of that year we’ve had three different directors/managers and four different supervisors. I never knew who to report anything to, there was way to much miscommunication between my supervisor and the nurses on the floors I had to work on, which would cause me to end up working on multiple different floors in one night.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Breaks nonexistent, inconsistent management, rude staff
Advancement opportunities
UNIT SECRETARY (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 25, 2018
Jackson hospital is great for advancement. I learn a lot in my field. Everyone works as a team and are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is understanding physician's handwriting when placing orders. Other than that, the hours are great and I enjoy working there.
Fun Work Place
Med-Surg Tech (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 8, 2018
Provided nursing care and support to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician. ... A typical work day consisted of following the orders of the nurse on duty
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
short staff
Great people to work with! Great nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Marianna, FLJuly 31, 2018
I work with the nurses on night shift. Very easy to get along with. We really care about our patients. I have learned a ton while working here. Management is not so great. Best part of the job is working with people who love their job. Worst part of the job is management.