Jackson Nurse Professionals

Jackson Nurse Professionals Employee Reviews

This company is jacho accredited and the people that help me are always available. They back me in difficult times both prophessionally and privately .
Pros
Able to take time off as needed
Cons
Away from your family
I’ve enjoyed my time. I have no complaints and have met some great nurses and have come across some great facilities. I definitely had to work hard but that’s a given of a facility needs travel nurses.
Great company. Awesome recruiters. Always got me an extension if I wanted one. Everytime I told my recruiter of something new I wanted she would jump right on it
Great paying contracts, but you better be ready to work your butt off because that's what will be required of you!. No personal time, horrendous workload, non-functional work device for charting, and office software used was very outdated. And I was told this company was one of their best clients! Will never travel with this company again!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Communication, workload, no personal time
My experience working with Jackson Nursing Professionals has been amazing. My recruiter has supported me every step of the way. Great compensation packages...
June 8, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback! It's because of amazing nurses like you that we were able to send hundreds of nurses to Georgia to help slow the advancement of COVID-19. Thank you for your unwavering commitment to patients and to others.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
My recruiter really made sure that I was where I wanted to be when I wanted to be there. She ensured that I was a great fit for my job and that I was as successful as possible.
April 6, 2020
What great feedback! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. Your experience is the goal of all of our recruiters for every travel nurse that partners with us across the U.S.
I was a travel nurse with this company. I did not have any major issues while working for them. I was paid on time and my recruiter was always available.
March 18, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really appreciate it. Nurses are the heart beat of our company, so if there's anything we can do to make traveling easier for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.
The more you are liked the longer you will last. Experienced recruiters should look elsewhere, the comp plan is low but good if you're looking for exp
December 18, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we sincerely appreciate it. As it relates to not being liked, we'd appreciate getting more insight. Whether it involves a manager or other team members, it's important to us to be able to address any situation that left you feeling less than valued. Over the last few years we've not only put an emphasis on training and empowering team members inside Jackson, but we've emphasized the importance of our corporate values: Others First, Growth, and Wisdom. The experience you describe is simply against the values of our company (and not reflected in a recent company-wide survey.) Regarding compensation, we benchmark our packages against competitors and other Orlando employers throughout the year so that our team members are paid fairly, feel valued, and stay with us. Thank you again for providing us with your insight.
Once I was placed in a position the recruiter quit responding to me emails and phone calls. When we did talk it was forced and uncomfortable. She knew I was going to be staying in an RV yet failed to notify me RV spaces were upwards of $1500 a month and didn’t allow the type I had (cab over camper). I had to drive over an hour to work just to find a place to stay. She should know her demographics before placement.
Pros
Florida location
Cons
Lack of pay, poor communication
March 23, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It sounds like you had a frustrating experience and we're really sorry to hear that. Regarding your recruiter who quit responding to you, the behavior you describe is against the training and standards set for our recruitment team and is deeply disappointing. We hope you'll reach out to us and let us know which recruiter you were working with, its important to us to address what you describe. Regarding your complaint about housing, we actually don't own any company housing, homes or RV parks. We do partner with a widely used, reputable third-party housing vendor to provide you with housing options should you not want to secure housing on your own. If your experience with housing through this vendor wasn't satisfactory we'd certainly like to know the specifics so that we can go back to them and talk with them about alternatives for the future. As it relates to compensation, we benchmark our pay and benefits throughout the year so that our nurses are paid fairly, feel valued and stay with us. Again, we invite you to let us know who your recruiter was, anonymously of course, so that we can address the difficulties you describe internally at info@jacksonnursing.com.
This company was by far the best I have worked for. With the finance team, I quickly connected and worked well with my co-workers. Very relaxed and generous, I felt comfortable coming in to work. However, the responsibilities were added and I personally did not feel it matched the pay. I did not see growth either, so I unfortunately decided to resign.
Pros
Very Generous, Understanding
Cons
Lack of growth, opportunities
August 7, 2018
We sincerely appreciate your thoughtful review and always look forward to gaining insight from former associates. We're disappointed to hear that your experience regarding pay and responsibilities didn’t meet your expectations. We’re taking your feedback seriously and are evaluating your former position to determine what, if any, changes need to be made for the future. Again, thank you. And, good luck.
JNP has the best recruiters and staff. They are always there to help when needed. The recruiters work diligently to find the job and location where you want to go.
December 19, 2017
Thank you for this feedback! Nurses are at the heart of everything we do at Jackson, so we're always eager to get feedback, good or bad, that will help us maintain that focus. You made our day!
My recruiter was amazing. She always had good destination choices to make. If it wasn't for my family needs I would still be working for them. I miss the opportunity to travel.
August 14, 2017
This is great to hear! Nurses are the lifeblood of Jackson, so hearing about your positive experience really makes our day. Let us know when you're ready to travel again!
Jackson is a great company to work for. They offer many great benefits and take care of their employees. If you work hard you will succeed. The overall culture is friendly and welcoming.
I have worked for Jackson Nursing a long time. I have been thru 3 name/management changes. It is definately NOT the company it started out being. They don't really care about their nurses. It's all about the money they make. They no longer take care of their nurses. For instance, they sent everyone for nurses week A SINGLE DRIED OUT SUGAR COOKIE. The recruiters give different packages to different nurses. A brand new nurse with the Co, and 5 years experience was making more than anyone else on the floor with alot more experience and time with the Co. Maybe the recruiters keep some for themselves. We make less than we did 15 years ago. I will be going with a new co on my next assignment. If you are sick a day, get this, you actually have to PAY THEM. THAT'S RIGHT, instead of getting a sick day, you actually owe them money.
Pros
Cons
No appreciation, no recognitions, average benefits (that you pay for), no sick days, very low overtime pay, no vacation, no perks from this failing company.
-you sit at a desk for 8 hours besides a 1 hour lunch -you feel like you're a robot working in a cave all day -management does not want to build a boding relationship with their staff. they just add more to your plate
March 23, 2016
First, we want to thank you for your valuable feedback. While we acknowledge that sitting at a desk is a necessary evil in order to accomplish our work every day, the last thing we want you, or anyone else, to feel is unappreciated or like you’re a “..robot working in a cave.” We’ve taken your review to heart and are taking steps to prevent this impression in the future.”
This is by and large a failing company at this time. If a nurse is cancelled, the company demands a $1500 fee no matter the reason, no matter who does the cancelling. They do not protect their nurses and honestly have left nurses to find their own way home. This is a company in trouble. They do not care about the nurses and once they are cancelled, turn their backs on them and stop all communication. It seems to be a predatory "business" and nurses are the victims. From other postings, it seems they may have been a bit more reputable a few years ago, but not now. I have never witnessed anything like this with any other travel company--there are many out there that would never treat nurses like this.
Pros
cannot think of any
Cons
everything
Loved my travel assignments & all the new people I met & gaining lifelong friends. Family life was more important to me so I settled down close to home.
August 31, 2018
This is what is awesome about Travel Nursing! Thanks for sharing your feedback.
Have an amazing recruiter that will back me up 100%. Just wish they had more jobs available.
Pros
Cheap insurance
Cons
Lack of high paying jobs
Many years ago, this company operated under the name of "Travel Nurse Solutions" and, by legend, was a very thriving staffing firm for travel nurses. Recruiters were supposedly top-notch and consultant benefits were very lucrative. Unfortunately, the company experienced a period of stagnant growth, during which the recruiter force became very weak and less aggressive. Marketing campaigns were virtually non-existent, and the company abandoned the practice of being personally involved with its consultants, leaving most of them feeling as though they were forgotten. With all of that, the company also failed to stay abreast on the offerings of its competitors and ultimately lost complete sight of its focus on retention (both clients and consultants). I hired on several months after the then-new CEO, so all of the above is merely hear-say (although, the company's past dominance in the market was very obvious due to the internal corporate artifacts still lingering about). This new CEO was very impressive, full of enthusiasm and rigor and great ideas, and took every opportunity to motivate the staff. He didn't focus only on the production staff, but the entire company as a whole. He introduced reform and also led the way to rebranding the company to what became "Jackson Nurse Professionals". He also brought back aggressive marketing by hiring on an experienced professional specializing in marketing and PR, and began systematically weeding out the stagnant links in the production chain and replacing them with fresh employees eager to prove themselves and move up. I was hired - more...
Pros
Experience, reputable, aggressive marketing
Cons
Company is now on skeleton crew, Secondary to sister company in unrelated industry
Very friendly and effecient recruiters. Staff works hard to assure employees and facility are pleased. I work nights and so far the staff members I've worked with have been great. I really enjoyed my last assignment, especially my co-workers.
Pros
weekly pay and insurance
Cons
expensive health care for family, salary not very competitive in southern states
This company is very easy to work with and for. They are upfront with their information about each prospective assignment. They work hard to prepare you for advertising yourself to prospective employers. Their compensation package is very adequate and they work for you once you except an assignment and are hired.
Pros
excellent compensation package