Jackson Nurse Professionals
Happiness rating is 84 out of 100

Working at Jackson Nurse Professionals: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

I have a great management team has my back when I need them to, and they take the time to listen.

I work off location as a traveler, so a typical day for me varies daily.. I have learned that not every assignment is going to be good, and not every assignment is going to be bad. I have also learned that my management team is wonderful and truly care about their staff. They do not allow their nurses to be mistreated, abused, or taken advantage of by facilities, and any concerns that arise, are immediately addressed. That is a rare thing in a company these days.

April 22, 2022
What a great review, thank you so much for your kind words! We love what we do and strive everyday to live up to our mission: to improve the delivery of patient care and the lives of everyone we touch. Thank you for your commitment to patient care. You're our hero.

Great recruiter

I had a great experiences. No problems getting paid. I have a fabulous recruiter. They were easy to contact if you had any questions. Timely pay and good pay.

Pros

Great pay, great recruiter

Cons

Waiting for another contract

October 12, 2021
Wow, thank you for the 5 stars! We're thrilled you had such a great experience, and hope your con just means you're excited and can't wait to start your next contract. Our recruiters can line your contracts up back to back, without a break, it all just depends on your preferences.

Jackson Nurse Professionals insights

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Horrible

Travel nurse here, recruiter was awful. I don’t need someone to check up on me every week but I expect them to be responsive when I do call/txt them. The regional recruiting manger yelled at me as well, even though it was their screw up. There are so many travel jobs and companies to work for, avoid this one. Oh and do not get their insurance, it does not pay for anything.

Pros

Not a dang thing

Cons

Management sucks, recruiters suck and benefits suck

October 12, 2021
We're so sorry. We're normally known for our highly responsive and caring recruiters, but it sounds like you had a different experience. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. Please could you contact me or call our team at 888-300-5132? We’ll work with you to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Good travel agaency with decent benefits

It's a decent travel agency with good benefits. My recruiter was great, but some of the other recruiters do not communicate well with their travelers.

October 12, 2021
Thank you for the awesome feedback! We're excited that your recruiter exceeded your expectations.

Good travel company

Good travel company considering it was my first travel assignment ever. Recruiter works hard to get you everything you need without being overbearing. Some communication gets lost between recruiter and credentialing person, but nothing major. They do push to get you to accept one of their "exclusive" contracts if it's close to what you want. Admittedly I did that, but it was one of the higher paying contracts. If you have a certain region you want to stay in they may not have many contracts for that area. Overall though, for a novice traveller they made it easy, the hospital had good people, and process was pretty low stress. So I'd recommend.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Benefit packages pretty expensive if you have family.

May 20, 2021
We really appreciate your detailed (and positive) review! Your insight is important to us and really helps support our efforts to provide positive nurse experiences from application to contract. We're currently implementing a new software tool that will help prevent communication breakdowns between departments in the future, so thank you for highlighting that in your feedback. As you discovered, our Exclusive Jobs typically offer the highest pay due to our direct connection with the facility, so we'll always highlight those for travelers to make sure they have all the best options in front of them. We're so glad our team made it easy for you and will take your feedback to heart for our future travelers!

Overall great travel nurse agency

I am currently on my 5th assignment with JNP. Would recommend for sure. They have good assignments in many states. They have had a lot of the hard to find assignments that everyone wants.

Pros

Great assignments

Cons

Referral bonus is not that good.

October 12, 2021
Thank you so much for your 5 star review, and for taking the time to provide us with your valuable insight. Our teams work together to partner with the clients that nurses want to work for. As for the referral bonus, we sincerely appreciate your thoughts.

The back office having your back and always having it.

This company is jacho accredited and the people that help me are always available. They back me in difficult times both prophessionally and privately .

Pros

Able to take time off as needed

Cons

Away from your family

May 20, 2021
This is awesome, thank you for such a great review! Regarding your Con, we wanted to give additional insight since travel nursing actually allows for entire families to hit the road together. While it's true that many travel nurses accept assignments away from their families and return home for long visits in between (choosing quality time over quantity), many other travel nurses bring their spouses, partners, animals and children along with them. In fact, some travel nurses (along with their partners) choose their assignments based on lesson plans for their homeschooled kids, allowing for real world experiences and learning opportunities the average kid doesn't get. Travel nursing is a beautifully flexible career that allows individuals and families to achieve the goals that are unique to them, while enjoying a stable career in healthcare.

Nothing bad to say

I’ve enjoyed my time. I have no complaints and have met some great nurses and have come across some great facilities. I definitely had to work hard but that’s a given of a facility needs travel nurses.

October 12, 2021
Thank you so much for your kind words, but most of all, for your commitment to patient care. Facilities in desperate need of nurses are frequently short-staffed. Highly-skilled nurses like you are a gift to them, and to the patients in need of your care.

Great company

Great company. Awesome recruiters. Always got me an extension if I wanted one. Everytime I told my recruiter of something new I wanted she would jump right on it

October 12, 2021
Your feedback makes our day, thank you so much. If you kept receiving extensions, it means you're an exceptional nurse. Thank you for your commitment to patient care, and to the communities that needed your help at the height of our national crisis.

Great pay package, bad working environments

Great paying contracts, but you better be ready to work your butt off because that's what will be required of you!. No personal time, horrendous workload, non-functional work device for charting, and office software used was very outdated. And I was told this company was one of their best clients! Will never travel with this company again!

Pros

Pay

Cons

Communication, workload, no personal time

May 20, 2021
While we're glad the pay met your expectations, we're disappointed and sorry to hear the facility you were assigned to provided such a negative experience. During the height of COVID-19, many of the environments of care travel nurses were assigned to experienced elevated stress levels due to sudden increases in patient populations and medical staff shortages. Those conditions can set even the most team-oriented groups on edge, creating an atmosphere of increased conflicts and a lack of communication. We’re not clear on the specifics of your situation, so we invite you to reach out to your recruiter or email us at askjackson@jacksonnursing.com to give us more insight so that we can provide that feedback to our client. It’s important to them (and to us) to maintain medically effective, efficient, and positive environments for medical teams. Thank you again for your feedback!

Great company

My experience working with Jackson Nursing Professionals has been amazing. My recruiter has supported me every step of the way. Great compensation packages...

June 8, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback! It's because of amazing nurses like you that we were able to send hundreds of nurses to Georgia to help slow the advancement of COVID-19. Thank you for your unwavering commitment to patients and to others.

Flexible locations that fit me

My recruiter really made sure that I was where I wanted to be when I wanted to be there. She ensured that I was a great fit for my job and that I was as successful as possible.

April 6, 2020
What great feedback! Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. Your experience is the goal of all of our recruiters for every travel nurse that partners with us across the U.S.

Travel nurse

I was a travel nurse with this company. I did not have any major issues while working for them. I was paid on time and my recruiter was always available.

March 18, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really appreciate it. Nurses are the heart beat of our company, so if there's anything we can do to make traveling easier for you, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Great Place to get Experience

The more you are liked the longer you will last. Experienced recruiters should look elsewhere, the comp plan is low but good if you're looking for exp

December 18, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we sincerely appreciate it. As it relates to not being liked, we'd appreciate getting more insight. Whether it involves a manager or other team members, it's important to us to be able to address any situation that left you feeling less than valued. Over the last few years we've not only put an emphasis on training and empowering team members inside Jackson, but we've emphasized the importance of our corporate values: Others First, Growth, and Wisdom. The experience you describe is simply against the values of our company (and not reflected in a recent company-wide survey.) Regarding compensation, we benchmark our packages against competitors and other Orlando employers throughout the year so that our team members are paid fairly, feel valued, and stay with us. Thank you again for providing us with your insight.

Poor communication with recruiter

Once I was placed in a position the recruiter quit responding to me emails and phone calls. When we did talk it was forced and uncomfortable. She knew I was going to be staying in an RV yet failed to notify me RV spaces were upwards of $1500 a month and didn’t allow the type I had (cab over camper). I had to drive over an hour to work just to find a place to stay. She should know her demographics before placement.

Pros

Florida location

Cons

Lack of pay, poor communication

March 23, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It sounds like you had a frustrating experience and we're really sorry to hear that. Regarding your recruiter who quit responding to you, the behavior you describe is against the training and standards set for our recruitment team and is deeply disappointing. We hope you'll reach out to us and let us know which recruiter you were working with, its important to us to address what you describe. Regarding your complaint about housing, we actually don't own any company housing, homes or RV parks. We do partner with a widely used, reputable third-party housing vendor to provide you with housing options should you not want to secure housing on your own. If your experience with housing through this vendor wasn't satisfactory we'd certainly like to know the specifics so that we can go back to them and talk with them about alternatives for the future. As it relates to compensation, we benchmark our pay and benefits throughout the year so that our nurses are paid fairly, feel valued and stay with us. Again, we invite you to let us know who your recruiter was, anonymously of course, so that we can address the difficulties you describe internally at info@jacksonnursing.com.

Great work environment and excellent teamwork

This company was by far the best I have worked for. With the finance team, I quickly connected and worked well with my co-workers. Very relaxed and generous, I felt comfortable coming in to work. However, the responsibilities were added and I personally did not feel it matched the pay. I did not see growth either, so I unfortunately decided to resign.

Pros

Very Generous, Understanding

Cons

Lack of growth, opportunities

August 7, 2018
We sincerely appreciate your thoughtful review and always look forward to gaining insight from former associates. We're disappointed to hear that your experience regarding pay and responsibilities didn’t meet your expectations. We’re taking your feedback seriously and are evaluating your former position to determine what, if any, changes need to be made for the future. Again, thank you. And, good luck.

Best Travel Company

JNP has the best recruiters and staff. They are always there to help when needed. The recruiters work diligently to find the job and location where you want to go.

December 19, 2017
Thank you for this feedback! Nurses are at the heart of everything we do at Jackson, so we're always eager to get feedback, good or bad, that will help us maintain that focus. You made our day!

Awesome company to work for.

My recruiter was amazing. She always had good destination choices to make. If it wasn't for my family needs I would still be working for them. I miss the opportunity to travel.

August 14, 2017
This is great to hear! Nurses are the lifeblood of Jackson, so hearing about your positive experience really makes our day. Let us know when you're ready to travel again!

Great to work for

Jackson is a great company to work for. They offer many great benefits and take care of their employees. If you work hard you will succeed. The overall culture is friendly and welcoming.

If your smart DON'T work for Jackson Nursing

I have worked for Jackson Nursing a long time. I have been thru 3 name/management changes. It is definately NOT the company it started out being. They don't really care about their nurses. It's all about the money they make. They no longer take care of their nurses. For instance, they sent everyone for nurses week A SINGLE DRIED OUT SUGAR COOKIE. The recruiters give different packages to different nurses. A brand new nurse with the Co, and 5 years experience was making more than anyone else on the floor with alot more experience and time with the Co. Maybe the recruiters keep some for themselves. We make less than we did 15 years ago. I will be going with a new co on my next assignment. If you are sick a day, get this, you actually have to PAY THEM. THAT'S RIGHT, instead of getting a sick day, you actually owe them money.

Pros

Cons

No appreciation, no recognitions, average benefits (that you pay for), no sick days, very low overtime pay, no vacation, no perks from this failing company.

fun work place

-you sit at a desk for 8 hours besides a 1 hour lunch -you feel like you're a robot working in a cave all day -management does not want to build a boding relationship with their staff. they just add more to your plate

March 23, 2016
First, we want to thank you for your valuable feedback. While we acknowledge that sitting at a desk is a necessary evil in order to accomplish our work every day, the last thing we want you, or anyone else, to feel is unappreciated or like you’re a “..robot working in a cave.” We’ve taken your review to heart and are taking steps to prevent this impression in the future.”

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Nurse Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits