Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort Employee Reviews

Overall a good experience
Busser (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAJuly 15, 2019
The job was very fast paced and you were never bored. One time we had a wait for guest that was almost 12 hours long. If you like fast paced work environment I’d advise you to go here
Nope
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAJune 16, 2019
I never liked working there. I feel they do not value there employees and over work them to the point people break down or quit. There was perks like child care and free meals.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overpriced healthcare
Mixed Bag
Counter Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jackson, CAJune 3, 2019
Count room clerk position is a good stable position as long as you do the work required of you and keep showing up. Moderate physical labor daily, which some people aren't prepared for, so oftentimes the department is understaffed.

Depending on the workload, you might have to deal with irritable co-workers.
Pros
Cheap employee buffet, good benefits, high security, reasonable PTO
Cons
Bad hours, no holidays, little room for advancement
Too much favoritism
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAApril 22, 2019
The company itself isnt bad, it's the people they have in management that show EXTREME favoritism to certain employees. Dont bother applying if you're not born and raised in Amador County
Fun working environment
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAMarch 29, 2019
There is always something new to learn. There is also the possibility to grow in careers. Your able to change jobs and find your passion and are able to experience diversity.
Pros
Company provides $2.00 lunches, great company healthcare
Cons
Selective to those already hired by the Rancheria not experience with the job. Basted on popularity.
Fun and wonderful work place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAMarch 25, 2019
Always have fun but be professional like wat mady my day was messing with the busier and cashier and sometimes the cooks and other dishwasher sometimes I would put a spek of rices on a plate tell him that it was not clean but it was it would make him mad
Pros
You get two ten minutes berack 30 for lunch
Cons
7 strikes and you’re out
Great place
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Jackson, CAFebruary 13, 2019
I’ve worked there around 7 months now and it’s great, great pay, great people and a cool place to work. The feel of a Saturday night rush is awesome..
The Only Game in Town
Employee (Current Employee) –  Jackson, CAFebruary 3, 2019
Jackson Rancheria is a good place to work if you are a local from the area who grew up with other people who work there. This organization cares more about who you know than what you know.
Casino environment
Dual Rate Floor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, CAJanuary 31, 2019
Dealing cards couldn't get any better than that, making money and having fun. Jackson can be slow at times but overall, great company to work for they have a lot of benefits, and put on a company picnic every year really great for the family.
Pros
Good community
Cons
Not enough full time positions for dealers or advancement
This is a productive workplace
Surveillance Agent (Current Employee) –  Jackson, CAJanuary 24, 2019
A workplace which offers livable wages with medical benefits. The environment can be competitive and stressful. Working in the element of customer service can be stressfull,. I have learned much about the gaming laws and rules that are followed in the Casino business
Pros
low cost lunches medical benefits, 401k
Cons
this can be a high pressure environment
Great benefits
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAJanuary 15, 2019
I have been with the Jackson Rancheria casino resort for just about a year now and they have always treated me with the resort and dignity that I deserve
Love it!
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  buffetDecember 14, 2018
I'm still new but I love everything about it! It is challenging and exciting all at the same time... There's a great crew which all work together and help each other where needed, can't ask for more! I am confident that this is my place to grow and I feel excited about everything they have to offer.
Pros
cheap lunch, Pto, benefits, flexible shifts
I loved working at The Jackson Rancheria
Beverage Server (Current Employee) –  Jackson, CADecember 3, 2018
I loved working at the Rancheria. I loved the employees and the guests. It’s a great job with amazing people to work for. You can move up quick in the business if you choose to. I would absolutely go back to working for The Jackson Rancheria!
Pros
2 dollar lunches
Great place to work.
Count Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAJuly 3, 2018
Excellent company that cares about its employees, great benefits, plenty of opportunities for advancement. Wide variety of positions as well as onsite day care for its employees.
Great
Accounts Payable Clerk / Inventory control (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAJune 13, 2018
This was a great company to work for, they offered a lot of benefits, time off, free meals. The work environment was great, the co-workers were great and the hours were good.
Pros
Fair to employees
Co-Workers are great, Job and requirements can leave you feeling unappreciated.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAJune 8, 2018
The reason I stayed so long in my position was the people around me and enjoying them so much. you can be made to feel ignored or unrecognized for the work you do. but that was not often or the rule.
Best place to work, hands down
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gift ShopApril 6, 2018
Co-workers, managers and even customers are super rad. Plus the benefits are great! 2$ lunches, health insurance and tips!

But you definitely have to be able to tolerate smoke and be a good team player for this job.
Benefits
Cons
Could pay more
Great opportunities for advancement. Fast paced exciting job
Beverage Server/waitress/bartender (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAJanuary 24, 2018
As a 16 year past employee I worked in a fast paced position as a Beverage server.Tips were decent. Management was fair. The benefits were great. Human Resources dept looks out for its employees. I’d say the only cons would be patrons bad moods when they are losing. But the good outweighs the bad. I would work there again.
Pros
Internal job postings for possible advancement.
Cons
Moody guests
Great place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Great to their employees, you get a free buffet style lunch everyday, plenty of hours. Even part time will work you till your min. Biweekly pay. Follow tribal rules.
Great place to work with great benefits
Cook 1 (Former Employee) –  Jackson, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Employees are like family, and it all comes with a lot of benefits, including discounts at stores/restaurants across California (even amusement parks!), healthcare, company picnics, etc. There are so many benefits to take advantage of, even free medical depending on where you go.
PTO is accrued with hours you work, and there is no limit to how much you can accrue--at the end of the year you can either cash it out or let it roll over into the next year. I had a co-worker who accrued so much overtime, they were able to take a month off to visit family abroad.
There's definitely room for growth. You can start as a custodian and later become an admin in HR if you work toward that goal. You're also guaranteed a raise on the anniversary of your hiring date every year!
The only downsides I can think of is that you're expected to work weekends and holidays. There's almost no chance you'll get Christmas off (or any other holiday) no matter how long you've worked for the company. Since it's a casino, holidays are their biggest selling points. EVERYONE works on holidays. (But they still give you free PTO and gift cards for working them! Not a bad trade, if you ask me!)
It also gets pretty busy, which means some crazy stress levels every week. There is always a promotion going on that brings in hundreds, if not thousands, of people.
Overall, it's a fantastic place to work. I only left because I had to move far away, and that was a difficult decision because I didn't want to leave the job!
Pros
Local discounts, healthcare, virtually unlimited PTO
Cons
Working holidays, weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort Reviews by Location