Jackson Therapy Partners Employee Reviews

poor communication with recruiter
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCFebruary 14, 2018
The company kept reassigning me to recruiters when my first recruiter left. They did not communicate with me what my options were for job placements. They seemed to work with me at their convenience. The work culture was not transparent.
Pros
lots of placements
Cons
poor communication, no continuity of communication
February 19, 2018

Thank you for letting us know about this obvious failure on our part. Therapists are the cornerstone of our company, so it concerns us greatly to hear of your experience. We have taken your feedback to heart and are currently examining our transition process. We appreciate you taking the time to fill-out this review and would love a second chance at proving how important you are to us.

Not recommending this company for international workers
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 7, 2018
This company was not easy to work with. One of the administrators was condescending towards me, to the point of bullying. I had to find my own placement at one point, which they never acknowledged.
February 12, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent experience. We want to apologize upfront that you felt bullied or condescended to by anyone while on assignment with Jackson. Whether it was a team member at Jackson or someone at your assignment, your treatment is simply unacceptable and not part of our culture so, we're reviewing your comments with our international team.

International therapists are an incredible group of people who have to overcome a lot of hurdles before they can start practicing in America, so we hold them in high esteem here at Jackson. Unfortunately, in the staffing industry, International Therapists face the same challenges as American ones; when a therapy job isn't open in the area they want to work, our hands are tied in placing them in a job in the region. When therapists restrict themselves to a certain geographical area, it also limits our ability to place them in open positions. Thank you again for your valuable insight.

Mgrs/recruiters were great. It's nice to have a person to count on when away from home. They were always there for me
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indiana travelerJanuary 18, 2018
Jackson was a great place to work with awesome recruiters/managers. Working on contract was the same daily activities as would be expected with a perm, position. Except you also get variety of people and settings.
Pros
travel, variety of settings, meet new people, vastly increase your circle of therapists, to consult with even after assignment is over
Cons
being away from home, there may not be another contract assignment when yours is through, to allow you continuous employment
January 19, 2018

Thank you so much for providing this insight! We love that you were able to make connections with other therapists while on assignment. We also appreciate your feedback in the "Cons" section and understand completely why you'd be disappointed when a job in the area you want to travel to isn't available. With hundreds of jobs across the U.S. a lot of travelers will take an assignment somewhere else in the region until a job in their favorite area(s) opens up. We hope your journey is a rewarding one!

good
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2017
busy and well balance.was paid under the national average then had a recruiter that was not helpful at first then he left and I got a better on.......... ........ ....... ........ ....... ...... ...... ..... ..... ....
October 11, 2017

We really appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback and insight. We take therapist input to heart and are disappointed your original recruiter wasn't helping you the way they should have been. We look forward to hearing how your experience with your new recruiter is progressing.

Travel Assignment
COTA (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2017
This was my first company to work for and I recommend them for travel assignments. They were very efficient locating me a position and the pay was very good.
Pros
Found me work quickly
Cons
No cons at present
Positive environment!
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2017
Hired right out of college and loving my job! Great environment with positive and supportive people. The management team upholds the values of Jackson Healthcare and genuinely cares about their employees. The recruiters have their therapists' best interests in mind and the company has great benefits.
Pros
Positive, supportive, friendly
Excellent Company!
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2017
I feel so lucky to be a part of the team at Jackson Therapy Partners. The culture, environment and values of the company make it a great place to work! Everyone works together as a team and is always willing to help one another. The management team is extremely supportive and really helps you to excel and have a successful career. I would definitely recommend working at Jackson!
Pros
great co-works, values, environment, benefits, supportive team, challenging
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Recruiting Cunsultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2017
I have worked at Jackson Therapy Partners for just over a month now and could not be happier. The management is great, the people are friendly, and the overall environment is what you would want working for a large staffing company. We care about our clients and clinicians because the people at Jackson are caring people. We continue to work hard and learn new things on a daily to grow and better our company to provide the best service for the people we work with daily. I am truly thankful to work at JTP.
Great Company
National Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 25, 2017
Very good work atmosphere, management is helpful and wants to see you succeed. Candy bowl keeps office morale high and is always replenished. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
Great place to work!
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2017
Great work environment where everybody is almost family and is always looking to help each other. You definitely stay busy which is a good thing and the benefits the company have to offer are great. The best company I have worked for by far.
Pros
Great work environment, great management, flexible
Great Place To Work
Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2017
I have worked at JTP for a few years, and I love it. Great place to work, great team, great management. I feel like it's a place where I'm valued! Every manager I have had has really taught me a lot and I feel like it's a place where I can grow!
Pros
Great teammates, great expereience!
Great Work Place!!!
National Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2017
Jackson is a company that truly cares about its employees internally and externally!

They offer competitive pay and great benefits. You can just tell when people like what they do because they treat you better. Whenever I have an issue the JTP management team is always available to make sure me and my therapist am taken care of and the situation is resolved.

I would absolutely recommend Working for Jackson is you want a fun, challenging, and successful career.
Pros
Supportive Team, opportunites for high pay
Cons
low amount of PTO but accumilates over length of time w/ company
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2017
Jackson Therapy Partners has a fun environment, with supportive teammates. Managers want to see you succeed, they are also very supportive. I would recommend friends an family to work at JTP.
Pros
Environment, managers, co workers, location
Cons
No sick days/not enough PTO (for first 3 years)
Excellent company
Recruiting Consultant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2017
The company atmosphere and culture is unmatched to anywhere that I have been before. The employees here actually care and only want the best. There was not a moment where I questioned whether or not I was in the best hands possible in regards to my career.
First Job
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 13, 2017
I took this job right out of college, It allowed me to gain the experience I needed to grow in my therapy career, while traveling. My coordinator was always available to assist me when I had questions or concerns
August 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! Your opinion is really important to us and hearing how well your recruiter communicated with you makes us really happy. Good luck!!

great place to work.
cota/l (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 11, 2017
Jackson therapy partners is a great company to work for travel or permanent positions. My recruiter was amazing . He was always available and looked out for my best interest. I would recommend working for this company.
August 14, 2017

This is great to hear! The experiences of our therapists are extremely important to us, so learning this information about your recruiter makes our day. Thanks for providing your feedback!

Contract company for various facilities
PTA (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2017
I started working with Jackson in 2009 traveling to Texas and Illinois. I stayed with them until 2016 when my contract ended August. They changed recruiters on me and never notified me and never called to see if I was available for any position. After 4 months I went with another contract company.
Pros
Weekly paycheck while under contract
Cons
Do not pay top dollar.
August 14, 2017

We really appreciate your insight and are thankful that you took the time to make us aware of your experience. Therapists are the life-blood of Jackson Therapy Partners, so we're disappointed to hear about the lack of communication you experienced. We would really appreciate an opportunity to look into this further and if we can't make it right, at least improve the experience of future therapists. If you get a chance, we'd love it if you reached out to our Recruitment Manager Bryan Kyle at 407-308-3861 or bkyle@jacksontherapy.com. Thank you, again!

Good pay, but do not become ill or injured
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Eastern U.S.June 24, 2017
You can make good pay with Jackson travel and that's about it or the only good thing I have to say about the company. The benefits/health insurance is pathetic. A $3,000 deductible for employees is sad with a benefits coordinator that hasn't a clue, and whatever comes about: Do NOT become ill or have an accident as a broken arm or leg that inhibits you from work as I suffered. They drop your benefits like a fly and my recruiter hasn't even picked up the phone once to ask how I've been (Been 3 months now). What I learned about travel PT with the time spent through this outfit is the positions available are just the leftovers/tertiaries that no one else wants to works, the jobs available through Jackson are open for a reason!!!!!
Pros
Money, that's about it
Cons
A considerable amount
June 26, 2017

First, we want to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience with Jackson. It's through valuable insight like yours that we can improve upon the services we provide our therapists and clients.

We are so disappointed in the experience you describe above and completely empathize with you, especially regarding the loss of benefits and the failure of your recruiter to reach out to you. Our recruiters are highly trained professionals who typically build career-long relationships with Jackson Therapists, so we'd welcome an opportunity to learn the details surrounding your experience and a chance to make it right.

Please reach out to me at your convenience.

Bryan Kyle
Recruitment Manager
407-308-3861
bkyle@jacksontherapy.com

Ok company
Contract Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  NYMay 26, 2017
I've worked for several contracting companies and I would say that JTP is probably the hardest at networking. If there is a location that you want to complete an assignment at but they don't have a job opportunity on the books, they work very hard for you to have one. They're also good about trying to make you feel valued as a member of their company. Like, they give you little trinkets for completing assignments, like a travel cup or journal. I do feel like that out of the companies that I've worked for, the pay is a little on the low end. This of course could vary per assignment and/or location, however, I've spoken to other travel therapists who have felt the same.

If you're new to contracting, I would recommend talking to one of their recruiters. Also, there's nothing wrong with trying out other companies either. After 5 years of travel therapy, they all start to feel the same anyway.
January 18, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us your valuable insight! You're absolutely right about our recruitment team; they're absolute rock stars when it comes to finding the right fit for a therapist. We appreciate the contract insight as well, and are taking this opportunity to review our package breakdown based on your feedback.

Great recruiting company
Traveling Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 9, 2017
This is a Great company. Very responsive to the employee's needs. Fair and reasonable rates for local and traveling positions. In my experience, the recruiters call you and check your situation on a regular basis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Therapy Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Jackson Therapy Partners Reviews by Location