Jackson Therapy Partners

Jackson Therapy Partners Employee Reviews

United States85 reviews

recruitertherapypartnertherapistcontracttravelassignmentposition

Left out to dry

Laid off the first week of covid due to covid. This no healthcare the next morning after receiving a text message at 7:30 pm. Weird how fickle healthcare cab be for a health care professional during a global pandemic and nationwide response. Flexibility is fine since it’s a travel company, however, no realistic way to know what kind of clinic environment you’re walking into. Health insurance is not secure within this company and was very apparent when it was needed most. Plenty of good contracts through this company and i’m not against working fir them again. But they left me healthcare-less during covid and that’s messed up. I recommend you use this company at least as much as they use you. 3/5 so so overall. beware the fine print.

Therapy Traveler

I took a travel position before the pandemic. My recruiter was helpful and the placement was a good fit. I would work with this company again in the future.

April 22, 2022
Thank you for your kind words, your feedback is extremely important to us. Your commitment to patient care is why we do what we do. We hope you come back to traveling, soon!

Jackson Therapy Partners insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Communication issues

All I can say is dishonesty. I was lied to and it cost me a lot financially. Poor communication. Then blames you for their lack of communication then recruiter shuns u after they themselves harmed u,Never can speak to any manager when there’s an issue. Managers work remotely & hide behind closed doors.

April 22, 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback on your experience. We're disappointed to hear that you didn't trust your recruiter, and regret that we don't know the specifics around what happened. We encourage you to provide additional insight into your experience on our website contact us form or by emailing our Recruitment Director directly at cparham@jacksontherapy.com. Our recruiters were voted "Best of Staffing" the last two years, so we sincerely apologize for the drop in communication you experienced; it's unusual behavior for our team. As it relates to the managers, they personally reach out to everyone we hire at least 3 different times during their assignment, just to make sure everything is going well. You should have received those communications directly, which invited you to reach out to them for any issues you encountered. While our team is fully remote, we're here everyday helping our allied and therapy professionals build a rewarding career in patient care. We hope you reach out and provide additional insight into your experience so we can use your feedback as an opportunity for growth.

Good company

I have worked at this company as a traveler for years. They are good and always have the therapists back.i have talked to other travel companies but always ended up taking contracts with jackson

April 22, 2022
What a great review! Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to let us know how we're doing. We love our Others First culture and strive everyday to live up to our mission: to improve the lives of patients and everyone we touch.

Okay to work for

I worked a contract through Jackson Therapy Partners. It was a decent experience, with excellent pay. There was often confusion about licensure and communication.

Pros

Excellent pay

Cons

Communication

June 23, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your recent experience! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your assignment and had great pay, but we're disappointed to find out we dropped the ball in communication. Drops in communication and confusion about licensure isn’t typical for us, and certainly isn’t representative of our hiring and onboarding process for the past 15 years. While we're not clear on the circumstances, we want to apologize for the frustration you must have experienced, and hope you'll give us a second chance to get it right. We did receive a huge influx of RRT jobs from the State of George during the pandemic, placing several hundred RRTs in jobs there in a short period of time. We're pretty confident that the situation you describe is unique to that influx and may have been caused by the addition of new team members who helped us keep up with the last minute needs of that region. We hope this gives you additional clarity, and that you'll think about coming back. Thank you, again!

A lot of options and caring recruiters for traveling therapist's.

I worked for Jackson Therapy Partners as a traveling PTA on and off for a few years in both Missouri and Texas. It's been a few years since I've worked for JTP, but when I did, they could usually find a job for me in the general area I wanted to be fairly quickly. That was what set them apart from a lot of other travel companies. During my years with them, I had a few different "recruiters", and they were all good.. Nearly always available to talk to, personable, and they handled issues that may have come up well. There was one outpatient clinic in Texas I was sent for a travel assignment that was not at all a good fit because of unrealistic expectations set by the owner. However, JTP was able to find me a different assignment that was only 30 miles down the road, within just a few hours of me stepping down. This new assignment worked out great. The pay/reimbursement might have been a little lower than other travel companies, but again, JTP seemed to have more options for assignments. If I ever decide to work as a traveler again, JTP will more than likely be the first travel company I contact.

Pros

Ample job opportunities.

Cons

Slightly less pay/reimbursement.

June 23, 2021
We can't thank you enough for this positive review, and for providing the perfect example of what it means to be a traveling therapist. We're thrilled to learn that our recruiters met and exceeded your expectations, thank you for letting us know. As it relates to pay, we benchmark our salary and benefits throughout the year so that our therapists are paid fairly, feel valued, and stay with us. However, location and seasonal needs play significant roles in the salary packages offered by employers month-to-month. Still yet, if you’re flexible and open to traveling anywhere, you have the chance of earning top pay, year round.

Just no

Fragmented leadership, distracting culture and work environment (ie loud music). Layoffs are frequent and anticipated. Job positions are filled and the new hires soon leave when they realize the mistake they made. Look elsewhere, don’t waste your time.

Pros

Location ideal

Cons

Too many to name

September 29, 2020
Based on a few outdated references from you, we think you may have worked for us several years ago, but certainly not any time recently. Even so, we’re glad to hear from former employees and appreciate the time you took to write a review. While it’s true we have a dynamic and energetic work environment, we’ve been working from home since March 2020, so it’s not possible for you to have been distracted by our culture or “loud music” in the recent past. But, your opinion is duly noted and we appreciate your insight. As to your description of layoffs, our only reduction in workforce is due to poor performance metrics, and that’s only after several coaching and mentoring opportunities have been exhausted. In fact, opposite of layoffs, we just recently promoted four team members to new leadership positions, promotions that are a result of strategic business planning and a team that is driven to succeed. In all truth, we’re proud to be part of a group of Jackson companies that landed on the Best Places to Work list, a list we plan to make every year due to the valuable contributions made by our team members every day.

Not a great staffing agency

Not a great staffing agency, paid foreign therapists very poorly. Did not pay for mileage while working at two facilities. Work was hectic without decent compensation. Did complain multiple times without any response

October 12, 2021
Thank you for posting a review and we’re sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience. We would like the opportunity to talk and investigate your feedback further. We're concerned about your feedback for several reasons, the key one being, we don’t have any foreign trained therapists working in North Carolina. But, that aside, it’s our standard to pay mileage between two facilities so it would be a rare exception to do otherwise. If in fact you worked for us, we hope you’ll get in touch with us at askjackson@jacksontherapy.com and let us know who you were working with so that we can look into this immediately and follow-up with you. Our foreign trained therapists are a key part of our success and are deeply valued by Jackson and our healthcare clients who are in critical need of their skills to maintain uninterrupted patient care. We’re sorry to hear the pay for this position didn’t meet your expectations and apologize for your recruiters lack of follow-up. We hope you reach out to us so we have the opportunity to address your recruiters lack of follow-up, and to correct any mileage issues that may remain. Thank you so much for serving in America. You are greatly needed and greatly valued.

Rampant favoritism and oppressive work environment

This company only cares about the top executives, who take home most of the money. The company president has zero interpersonal skills and she is downright rude and a bully. The CEO is a narcissist who fakes being nice while backstabbing others. He is also the cheapest person I know.

Pros

You get to take time away from the company for vacation

Cons

Unbelievable employee turnover.

August 31, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your unique perspective. To be honest with you, since our average tenure among supervisors is 10 years, your review (not to mention its personal tone) leaves us scratching our heads. If you were a manager here, then you know that our recent company wide survey indicated that 97% of our team members believe the company has an outstanding future, giving us a score of greater than 90% in the areas of Leadership, Diversity, Teamwork and Values. It’s just not possible to achieve those results with company leadership like you describe. In fact, just last year our family of companies landed on Fortune's 2019 National List of Best Employers for Women. Which leads us to believe that your thoughts on leadership might result from a personal preference, and not an issue at Jackson. You see, while certain professionals view progressive, strategic, and inspiring women in leadership as bullies, that’s just not the case at Jackson. We support, promote, and encourage ambitious, passionate leaders to our top roles and have seen our teams reach goals that succeed our previous years as a result. In fact, 60% of our leadership positions are held by women, further illuminating the survey results listed above. This is something we’re enormously proud of.Finally, in response to your observations on our CEO who provides leadership for 9 Jackson companies, we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Our CEO was central to the launch of several employee centric initiatives in 2019 and 2020, including an on-site medical clinic that’s free to employees and their -

Diligence to finding jobs and support

Easy to contact if I need assistance. Supportive and hard working staff. Knowledgeable about work responsibilities and duties.Friendly staff. Keeps up with changes in the health care industry.

April 6, 2020
What great feedback! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your insight about key components of a traveling therapist's journey into traveling therapy. Our recruiters strive to be available 24/7 to their therapists, and they meet together weekly to discuss industry shifts and changes. We sincerely appreciate your input.

The best agency!

I was blessed to have Jackson Therapy Partners as my first company. They molded me into the physical therapist that I am now. They took great care of me during my transitional, early phases.

April 6, 2020
We're speechless. What incredible feedback. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Jackson. Skilled therapists like you are the heartbeat of our company, so helping therapists transition into traveling is deeply important to us and to our team of recruiters. We're so glad you're part of the Jackson family.

Communication is great

Very friendly, easy to reach and answers all questions. They are very thorough and communication is easy. They give options and make sure all your questions are answered. They take good care of their employees.

March 23, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review! We love our team of recruiters and their commitment to place therapists in the places they love and in the jobs they want most.

Bait and Switch

Jackson is just one of many companies that spam job boards, listing positions in any and every town. I constantly see job postings for my city, but when I reach out, the job is actually in a city hundreds of miles away. They're not the only company that does this, but be warned: they're trying to get you to take undesirable positions by spamming more desirable locations.

March 23, 2020
This is a common misunderstanding, so we really appreciate the opportunity to address this misconception directly. We never post a job in one city in order to get candidates to take a job in another city. It would actually work against us to post jobs this way. Job seekers are looking for specific jobs in specific cities. The misconception occurs because we are a travel therapy company with thousands of jobs opening and closing daily in locations coast-to-coast. It's extremely common to have a job open in the morning and close by lunch. Unfortunately, the job boards usually take 24 hours to update. And, the job boards who scrape our site in order to to have a broader scope of jobs (without our subscription) don't have any obligation to anyone to take them down. So, unfortunately, some of our jobs linger online for months without our knowledge and without our permission. Those job boards leave the impression that we're advertising those jobs when in fact we'e not. Thank you again for this review. We sincerely appreciate your concern for other job seekers.

excellent transition to full time position

I had a good experience with Jackson Therapy Partners. I found a full time position through them. I worked as a travel therapist which led to a great full time position.

March 23, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback! Our goal has always been to help therapists work as travelers for as long as they want, even to help them build a career out of it. But, when they're ready to settle down in one location, it's our greatest joy to help them find the permanent job in the place they love most.

Fair

Nice people good recruiter but limited with jobs not as much good pay far as housing and general pay. Hard to find job in setting you like. But overall nice people and I had an excellent recruiter

March 23, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it's important to us. The therapy job market has shifted in the last few years and as a result, positions in some settings have lessened while positions in others have increased exponentially. It sounds like the setting you prefer has caused you some frustration and we're sorry to hear that. As it relates to compensation, we benchmark our pay and benefits throughout the year so that our therapists are paid fairly, feel valued and stay with us. Regarding your complaint about housing, we actually don't own any company housing or homes. We do partner with a widely used, reputable third-party housing vendor to provide you with housing options should you not want to secure housing on your own. We're so glad that overall, you had a good experience with one of our amazing recruiters.

Good job

Recruiters were active and genuinely concerned that you were out on the field. If you chose this profession then definitely watch out for the hidden costs including your city taxes that must be paid

December 18, 2019
Thank you so much for your 5 star review, we're thrilled to hear about your experience. Regarding "hidden" costs, we hope you'll give us a little more insight into what those expenses might have been or in what city you were living. As you know, our recruiters care about their therapists and we don't want you - or anyone else - paying any kind of fee that you - or we - don't know about up front. Thank you again for your thoughtful review!

Pta

Worked on a contract. Contract was cut short and difficult to find another job. Company will haggle on compensation and per diem. Recommend have every thing in writing and don't take a contract unless garunteed hours.

Good experience as a contract temp

I worked only a short time as a contract pt for jackson therapy partners Staff at jtp were helpful with orientation and understanding when I needed to end my contract early

July 15, 2019
We're so glad to hear things went smoothly! We'd love to learn more about the 3 stars; it sounds like something may need improvement. We'd love to get your insight if you get a chance. Feel free to update your review or email Rochelle at rwheeler@jacksontherapy.com. Thank you, again!

Physical Therapist

The traveling position I had at Jackson Therapy was great! I was able to do the job I had envisioned and full-filled my dreams at the time. Unfortunately, I had to relocate and take a full-time job.

Pros

good contracts!

Cons

-not knowing when my next "gig" was going to be traveling

June 3, 2019
We're so glad to hear that we've been a part of your ability to achieve your dreams! This totally makes our day. Your "con" makes us want to understand better what jobs weren't available to you since it caused you to feel unsure about your next gig. We ask because the travel market for Physical Therapists is not only strong, we've got PT jobs in every state with hundreds of openings every day. So, if you ever think about getting back into it, travel therapy allows you to work year-round in back-to-back contracts with steady pay and benefits while visiting and living in your favorite places. You let us know when you're ready to come back. We'd love to have you!!

New management is all about the bottom line. Holds no loyalty to its therapists.

Worked for the company 10+ years. Great people until new management came in, then there was no one left that I had worked with before. A question came up, and instead of looking at my history with the company, I was thrown under the bus. Would not recommend them to anyone now.

Pros

Lousy new management.

Cons

Lousy new recruiters.

June 4, 2019
We really appreciate you taking the time to give us insight into your experience and sincerely apologize for the encounter you describe. To be honest, your review has caught us a little off guard since our team is very protective of our therapists, and because we haven't experienced any major management changes. In fact, just recently we sent several therapists appreciation gifts due to their 10+ years with Jackson. So, we'd truly like to gain more information into the encounter you had with our team so that we can take steps to resolve it and hopefully gain the opportunity to show you our appreciation. Please feel free to reach out (anonymously or otherwise) to Rochelle at 407.308.3903 or rwheeler@jacksontherapy.com.

This is a Travel company, Not the workplace for clinicians

Jackson Therapies was well represented by my recruiter, always checked in, could contact anytime, friendly, professional, and easy to work with. Worked hard to help locate new postions.

May 6, 2019
Thank you so much for giving us this feedback! Our recruiters love what they do, so we are thrilled to hear that you experienced it first hand.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Therapy Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits