Jackson Therapy Partners logo

Work-Life Balance

Jackson Therapy Partners insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues

Okay to work for

I worked a contract through Jackson Therapy Partners. It was a decent experience, with excellent pay. There was often confusion about licensure and communication.

Pros

Excellent pay

Cons

Communication

A lot of options and caring recruiters for traveling therapist's.

I worked for Jackson Therapy Partners as a traveling PTA on and off for a few years in both Missouri and Texas. It's been a few years since I've worked for JTP, but when I did, they could usually find a job for me in the general area I wanted to be fairly quickly. That was what set them apart from a lot of other travel companies. During my years with them, I had a few different "recruiters", and they were all good.. Nearly always available to talk to, personable, and they handled issues that may have come up well. There was one outpatient clinic in Texas I was sent for a travel assignment that was not at all a good fit because of unrealistic expectations set by the owner. However, JTP was able to find me a different assignment that was only 30 miles down the road, within just a few hours of me stepping down. This new assignment worked out great. The pay/reimbursement might have been a little lower than other travel companies, but again, JTP seemed to have more options for assignments. If I ever decide to work as a traveler again, JTP will more than likely be the first travel company I contact.

Pros

Ample job opportunities.

Cons

Slightly less pay/reimbursement.

Just no

Fragmented leadership, distracting culture and work environment (ie loud music). Layoffs are frequent and anticipated. Job positions are filled and the new hires soon leave when they realize the mistake they made. Look elsewhere, don’t waste your time.

Pros

Location ideal

Cons

Too many to name

September 29, 2020
Based on a few outdated references from you, we think you may have worked for us several years ago, but certainly not any time recently. Even so, we’re glad to hear from former employees and appreciate the time you took to write a review. While it’s true we have a dynamic and energetic work environment, we’ve been working from home since March 2020, so it’s not possible for you to have been distracted by our culture or “loud music” in the recent past. But, your opinion is duly noted and we appreciate your insight. As to your description of layoffs, our only reduction in workforce is due to poor performance metrics, and that’s only after several coaching and mentoring opportunities have been exhausted. In fact, opposite of layoffs, we just recently promoted four team members to new leadership positions, promotions that are a result of strategic business planning and a team that is driven to succeed. In all truth, we’re proud to be part of a group of Jackson companies that landed on the Best Places to Work list, a list we plan to make every year due to the valuable contributions made by our team members every day.

Not a great staffing agency

Not a great staffing agency, paid foreign therapists very poorly. Did not pay for mileage while working at two facilities. Work was hectic without decent compensation. Did complain multiple times without any response

Cons

Rampant favoritism and oppressive work environment

This company only cares about the top executives, who take home most of the money. The company president has zero interpersonal skills and she is downright rude and a bully. The CEO is a narcissist who fakes being nice while backstabbing others. He is also the cheapest person I know.

Pros

You get to take time away from the company for vacation

Cons

Unbelievable employee turnover.

August 31, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to provide your unique perspective. To be honest with you, since our average tenure among supervisors is 10 years, your review (not to mention its personal tone) leaves us scratching our heads. If you were a manager here, then you know that our recent company wide survey indicated that 97% of our team members believe the company has an outstanding future, giving us a score of greater than 90% in the areas of Leadership, Diversity, Teamwork and Values. It’s just not possible to achieve those results with company leadership like you describe. In fact, just last year our family of companies landed on Fortune's 2019 National List of Best Employers for Women. Which leads us to believe that your thoughts on leadership might result from a personal preference, and not an issue at Jackson. You see, while certain professionals view progressive, strategic, and inspiring women in leadership as bullies, that’s just not the case at Jackson. We support, promote, and encourage ambitious, passionate leaders to our top roles and have seen our teams reach goals that succeed our previous years as a result. In fact, 60% of our leadership positions are held by women, further illuminating the survey results listed above. This is something we’re enormously proud of.Finally, in response to your observations on our CEO who provides leadership for 9 Jackson companies, we’ll just have to agree to disagree. Our CEO was central to the launch of several employee centric initiatives in 2019 and 2020, including an on-site medical clinic that’s free to employees and their -

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Diligence to finding jobs and support

Easy to contact if I need assistance. Supportive and hard working staff. Knowledgeable about work responsibilities and duties.Friendly staff. Keeps up with changes in the health care industry.

April 6, 2020
What great feedback! Thank you for taking the time to leave us your insight about key components of a traveling therapist's journey into traveling therapy. Our recruiters strive to be available 24/7 to their therapists, and they meet together weekly to discuss industry shifts and changes. We sincerely appreciate your input.

The best agency!

I was blessed to have Jackson Therapy Partners as my first company. They molded me into the physical therapist that I am now. They took great care of me during my transitional, early phases.

April 6, 2020
We're speechless. What incredible feedback. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at Jackson. Skilled therapists like you are the heartbeat of our company, so helping therapists transition into traveling is deeply important to us and to our team of recruiters. We're so glad you're part of the Jackson family.

Communication is great

Very friendly, easy to reach and answers all questions. They are very thorough and communication is easy. They give options and make sure all your questions are answered. They take good care of their employees.

March 23, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive review! We love our team of recruiters and their commitment to place therapists in the places they love and in the jobs they want most.

Bait and Switch

Jackson is just one of many companies that spam job boards, listing positions in any and every town. I constantly see job postings for my city, but when I reach out, the job is actually in a city hundreds of miles away. They're not the only company that does this, but be warned: they're trying to get you to take undesirable positions by spamming more desirable locations.

March 23, 2020
This is a common misunderstanding, so we really appreciate the opportunity to address this misconception directly. We never post a job in one city in order to get candidates to take a job in another city. It would actually work against us to post jobs this way. Job seekers are looking for specific jobs in specific cities. The misconception occurs because we are a travel therapy company with thousands of jobs opening and closing daily in locations coast-to-coast. It's extremely common to have a job open in the morning and close by lunch. Unfortunately, the job boards usually take 24 hours to update. And, the job boards who scrape our site in order to to have a broader scope of jobs (without our subscription) don't have any obligation to anyone to take them down. So, unfortunately, some of our jobs linger online for months without our knowledge and without our permission. Those job boards leave the impression that we're advertising those jobs when in fact we'e not. Thank you again for this review. We sincerely appreciate your concern for other job seekers.

excellent transition to full time position

I had a good experience with Jackson Therapy Partners. I found a full time position through them. I worked as a travel therapist which led to a great full time position.

March 23, 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback! Our goal has always been to help therapists work as travelers for as long as they want, even to help them build a career out of it. But, when they're ready to settle down in one location, it's our greatest joy to help them find the permanent job in the place they love most.

Jobs at Jackson Therapy Partners

See more jobs

Fair

Nice people good recruiter but limited with jobs not as much good pay far as housing and general pay. Hard to find job in setting you like. But overall nice people and I had an excellent recruiter

March 23, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it's important to us. The therapy job market has shifted in the last few years and as a result, positions in some settings have lessened while positions in others have increased exponentially. It sounds like the setting you prefer has caused you some frustration and we're sorry to hear that. As it relates to compensation, we benchmark our pay and benefits throughout the year so that our therapists are paid fairly, feel valued and stay with us. Regarding your complaint about housing, we actually don't own any company housing or homes. We do partner with a widely used, reputable third-party housing vendor to provide you with housing options should you not want to secure housing on your own. We're so glad that overall, you had a good experience with one of our amazing recruiters.

Good job

Recruiters were active and genuinely concerned that you were out on the field. If you chose this profession then definitely watch out for the hidden costs including your city taxes that must be paid

December 18, 2019
Thank you so much for your 5 star review, we're thrilled to hear about your experience. Regarding "hidden" costs, we hope you'll give us a little more insight into what those expenses might have been or in what city you were living. As you know, our recruiters care about their therapists and we don't want you - or anyone else - paying any kind of fee that you - or we - don't know about up front. Thank you again for your thoughtful review!

Pta

Worked on a contract. Contract was cut short and difficult to find another job. Company will haggle on compensation and per diem. Recommend have every thing in writing and don't take a contract unless garunteed hours.

Good experience as a contract temp

I worked only a short time as a contract pt for jackson therapy partners Staff at jtp were helpful with orientation and understanding when I needed to end my contract early

July 15, 2019
We're so glad to hear things went smoothly! We'd love to learn more about the 3 stars; it sounds like something may need improvement. We'd love to get your insight if you get a chance. Feel free to update your review or email Rochelle at rwheeler@jacksontherapy.com. Thank you, again!

Physical Therapist

The traveling position I had at Jackson Therapy was great! I was able to do the job I had envisioned and full-filled my dreams at the time. Unfortunately, I had to relocate and take a full-time job.

Pros

good contracts!

Cons

-not knowing when my next "gig" was going to be traveling

June 3, 2019
We're so glad to hear that we've been a part of your ability to achieve your dreams! This totally makes our day. Your "con" makes us want to understand better what jobs weren't available to you since it caused you to feel unsure about your next gig. We ask because the travel market for Physical Therapists is not only strong, we've got PT jobs in every state with hundreds of openings every day. So, if you ever think about getting back into it, travel therapy allows you to work year-round in back-to-back contracts with steady pay and benefits while visiting and living in your favorite places. You let us know when you're ready to come back. We'd love to have you!!

New management is all about the bottom line. Holds no loyalty to its therapists.

Worked for the company 10+ years. Great people until new management came in, then there was no one left that I had worked with before. A question came up, and instead of looking at my history with the company, I was thrown under the bus. Would not recommend them to anyone now.

Pros

Lousy new management.

Cons

Lousy new recruiters.

June 4, 2019
We really appreciate you taking the time to give us insight into your experience and sincerely apologize for the encounter you describe. To be honest, your review has caught us a little off guard since our team is very protective of our therapists, and because we haven't experienced any major management changes. In fact, just recently we sent several therapists appreciation gifts due to their 10+ years with Jackson. So, we'd truly like to gain more information into the encounter you had with our team so that we can take steps to resolve it and hopefully gain the opportunity to show you our appreciation. Please feel free to reach out (anonymously or otherwise) to Rochelle at 407.308.3903 or rwheeler@jacksontherapy.com.

This is a Travel company, Not the workplace for clinicians

Jackson Therapies was well represented by my recruiter, always checked in, could contact anytime, friendly, professional, and easy to work with. Worked hard to help locate new postions.

May 6, 2019
Thank you so much for giving us this feedback! Our recruiters love what they do, so we are thrilled to hear that you experienced it first hand.

My best first job as a Physical Therapist

They trained me well and guided me to have the most incredible first job experience. My contract has ended with them and I would recommend them to anyone.

January 14, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we're doing!!

Its a traveling company

They were professional and honest. They are standard in what they offer when compared to most other companies. Overall staff very fast at handling needs.

Pros

you get to travel

Cons

no vacation time or 401k

March 23, 2020
We appreciate hearing your feedback, thank you for taking the time to leave it. It's important to us to place therapists into open positions as quickly as possible, and especially when they're ready to make the move. We always hope to exceed "standard" which is why we continue to expand our offerings for therapists that now include teletherapy and significant growth in settings in every state. To your comment about the 401k, we in fact do offer a 401k with a company match to all of our therapists. And in regards to vacation time, we love that travel therapy allows for vacation time several times a year, for any period of time, should the therapist elect it. We're excited to help our therapists establish whatever vacation time they need throughout the year, it's in fact, a significant perk in travel therapy. Thank you, again.

Great first travel assignment

I didn't know what to expect when starting with a travel company. Jackson Therapy Partners was very helpful, well organized and a great company overall. Highly recommend them

July 16, 2018
We hope you enjoyed your assignment!! Thank you, thank you for leaving us this feedback. It's means a lot to us.

Great Travel Company

Was a great company to work for. Enjoyed my travel assignment with the company. The only reason I left was to take a full time position when travel assignment ended. Would definitely go back to them if I decided to travel again

July 9, 2018
Thank you for your kind words! You're welcome back, anytime. And, not just because you said nice things. :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jackson Therapy Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question