Jacksonville North Pulaski School District Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Love my Job
Full time School Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMarch 28, 2018
Its a lot of fun working with the children. The hours are amazing and you are out when the kids are out of school. Its the perfect job for a parent with children who are in school. Excellent benefits.
Pros
Hours worked
Pay is depressing
Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARAugust 2, 2017
Pay is not competitive with other jobs, in competing districts. Work is overloaded and not aligned with the job description. The best thing about this district that it is new and they have room for improvement.
Would never work for them again!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJuly 30, 2017
Discipline is a huge problem with this school district. There is absolutely no support from the administration. They try to cover up the problem and make it look like things are just great. They are more concerned with their reputation than the employees (or at least the principal I had was). Gave me some story about how they could not accept my masters degree because it wasn't in education, even though other school districts, who were under state department control could do it. Took a cut in pay to work in JNPSD and that was a huge mistake. Sad thing is, I was very excited about working there when i got the job. Unfortunately, the excitement quickly turned into great disappointment.
Pros
Cant think of snything
Cons
Lack of discipline
Close knit school community
2nd Grade Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARApril 26, 2017
Arnold Drive Elementary is a great place to work. Our administrator is phenomenal! She supports and mentors us and always has our student's best interest at heart! The hardest part of my job is making sure that I meet every child right where they are. I pride myself on creating highly differentiated lessons so that every student is challenged but is given the tools to be successful. My typical day at work is very busy. I have 23 seven and eight years olds that keep me moving! We start off with math in the morning. Depending on what we are learning and where we are in that learning, we will either do a lesson that has technology and/or manipulatives incorporated, or we might do centers where I meet with small groups for enrichment and intervention. Then we move on to Literacy. My literacy block is cross-curricular. I incorporate science and social studies, along with language arts, reading, and writing. Sprinkled in throughout the day is lunch, pull-out, and recess.
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
paperwork
New District
Special Education Para Professional (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARApril 7, 2017
Highly disappointed with the rate of pay. Only paid for experience and not education. It's a new district that is finding its way. Somehow I was not eligible for public employees health insurance.
A district that is concerned about their students and their education.
Attendance Secretary (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARApril 1, 2017
JNPSD, has shown that they worked hard in getting their school up and running and they are working on a new high school for students in the near future.

Although each school is different, there is one high school and one middle school and 6 elementary school. each school work on their own time frame and guidelines.

At Jacksonville High School, the discipline is exceptionally well in regards to the students. The morale of the staff, teachers and support staff is somewhat low, and that could hurt the school as a whole.
Pros
Discipline
Cons
Morale of the employees
very fun place to work
Cafeteria Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMarch 1, 2017
Jacksonville School District is a very good place to work. There is a lot of team spirit there and everyone's focus is the needs of those we serve and they are the children.When you love what you do there is nothing hard about it.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
there are none