Jacksonville State University Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
It was okay when not married
Receptionist for Special Events (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJuly 5, 2018
When married it became taxing, but I still worked there. The pay was minimum wage and I was doing too much work for that pay. Great people there though.
Pros
Cons
No benefits at ALL
Part time job
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJuly 5, 2018
I worked about twenty hours a week between and after classes tutoring mathematics to other students. Although I love tutoring math, I was to busy with classes to continue.
Great place for academia
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJune 5, 2018
JSU is a great place to not only work but to also attend college. The other students and faculty are extremely helpful at all times, and you really do feel like you're all in it together.
Pros
Pays for 6-9 credit hours of tuition, Gives a little spending money
Cons
Often have to do additional work from home
Head Manager- Men’s Basketball.
Head Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMay 14, 2018
Assisted coaches in practice and on trips. Took charge of equipment and its distribution. Implemented a new, more efficient filing system. Was in charge of student managers. Generated a three-point statistical each week. Was responsible for the registration of student classes. Was considered Resident Advisor to the Men’s Basketball team.
Good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMay 2, 2018
School is always school but you can always choose where you go by your offers. It can be as easy as watching the doors and getting paid or working on things
it is the best college
Archaeology Tech/Asst Field Dtr/Field Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALApril 11, 2018
my school and also my place of employment. I was there for five years.
my adviser was also my supervisor job was awesome. i got paid to play in the dirt
JSU is an excellent educational institution
Part-Time Online Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMarch 30, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Jacksonville State University and regret that the classes are no longer available. I enjoyed teaching a wide variety of subject areas.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Lack of job security
Workplace Culture
Certified Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMarch 27, 2018
Being an athletic trainer anywhere is a demanding job, but I enjoyed working at Jacksonville State. The workplace culture is great and I loved the people that I worked with.
Cons
low pay
Initial teaching role
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALMarch 17, 2018
Jacksonville State University serves a first teaching role and I am working to become acclimated to the system. This role allows the flexibility to work in an additional role to satisfy faculty practice which I am in the process of trying to secure.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Extended work hours
Product workplace striving for excellence
Student-Assistant Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALFebruary 25, 2018
We would ensure that the best practice plan and/or game strategy was developed for the soccer team. Development of the players was addressed on the field as well as in a classroom setting. We wanted to create a championship lifestyle.
Experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALFebruary 24, 2018
I used to work daily on teaching and researc project, it was very healthy place with qualifird team, did inrease my knowlege about diseases. learned cloning very well.
Pros
always has free things
Cons
breaks
Good place to work!
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJanuary 25, 2018
Good place to work! Some of the salaries and politics can be depressing, but overall this is a great place to spend your time and further your career.
Good For Student Workers
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJanuary 22, 2018
Working at JSU as a Supplemental Instruction Leader is a great way to earn some money while getting work experience and completing your education. The training and regulation of job performance seems a little bit overwhelming at first, but the supervisors are actually very reasonable about the busywork involved. It's a job only available to enrolled students, however. It would be nice if it were available to recent graduates up to a certain number of months.
Great job to develop your calling
Athlete Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJanuary 20, 2018
My job as an athlete tutor helped me grow as a teacher. I learned about various learning styles and how to individualize lessons. I was evaluated twice a semester on my skills as a tutor. The constructive criticism helped to modify my tutoring style so I could become a better teacher. Overall the job was pretty easy. I had the same students each week so sometimes they would not have any assignments to work on or tests to study for. In that case an appointment could be cancelled.
Enjoyed interacting with students
Administrative Assistant/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALJanuary 5, 2018
General administrative duties, tutoring, typing, filing, answering the phone, greeting guest, assisting students with assignment, communicating with professors, and spearheading mentoring program for college students
Would Attend Again
Undergraduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALDecember 28, 2017
Would attend again to get an MBA. Learned more during my time at JSU than learned any other medium. Being a full-time student and being full-time employed, but will pay off in the future.
Perfect
Graduate Assistant - Disability Support Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, AL 36265December 5, 2017
I was a graduate assistant in The Disability Support Service Department. I worked with students that had a disability, helping them be successful in the classroom. I had a great boss and the environment was very friendly.
Great work place
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALNovember 9, 2017
Great place to learn with many perks .Great people to work with with really good attitudes.Great working hours with time to relax.Learning experience was plentyful
Pros
Working conditions
Cons
Long drive
Wonderful Employer
Coord, Athletic Ticket Sales (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALNovember 6, 2017
Leadership is committed and caring. Typical day I deal with coworkers, customers. Hardest part is working extreme amount of hours per week. Most offices are tight knit and care about each others work, family, etc. Easy to get assistance from most every office. Campus police very knowledgeable and do frequent patrols of entire campus.
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
Number of hours worked per week
Great Place
Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALNovember 4, 2017
Go For It! It teaches you many practical things in your life. The college of business is very hands on. There are many teachers always willing to reach out.