Jacksonville University Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Flexible
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Biology DeptJune 21, 2018
Learned a lot. Once you find a professor that actually believes i you and is interested in seeing your work progress, you will have a great experience.
Management was great!
Admissions Office Assistant, Internship (Former Employee) –  Admissions OfficeJune 9, 2018
As an intern, I was allowed ample time to complete my data collection and computer application tasks, and I worked well with everyone in my department.
Pros
My immediate supervisors were professional and very helpful.
Pretty simple job
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 16, 2018
There isn't a lot required when working on campus. You actually learn a lot from working for a help desk. Additionally, learning how to speak to different kinds of people is a great learning experience.
Private University
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2018
It is a professional atmosphere with a relaxed way about it. Everyone is friendly, and easy to get along with. It is a culture that promotes health and well being.
Pros
one free lunch a week, nice people to work with/for, time off, holidays, 1/2 day Fridays during summer months.
Cons
salary compensation, lack of raises
Wonderful environment
Fine Arts Camp Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 23, 2018
Very nice atmosphere, wonderful campus. Great staff and students to work with. Fine arts camp is wonderful opportunity for students to learn and grow in their dance/musical theatre background.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 29, 2018
Jacksonville University is a great place to work. The benefits at JU are amazing. From the 4 weeks of vacation to all of the school breaks you can't beat working at JU.
I've learned a lot at JU and I'm ready to move on.
Jacksonville (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2018
I believe that JU has many excellent qualities. There are some brilliant people in Academic Affairs, and the President is very dedicated to the university.
This position was a starter for computer operations
Computer Operator II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 24, 2017
This was a starter position to work in the computer field and learned a lot about working with computer hardware. Built 2 computer labs using TRS 80 and converted them to work with a mainframe. This job had a laid back environment
Pros
Stress free
Cons
No advancement
fair
Assistant Men's and Women's Golf Coach (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 13, 2017
I was a voluntary employee. They treated me well and allowed me to get some coaching experience so I could move up the coaching ranks. I had no issues.
Best cultural college
Building supervisor of Student Commons (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2017
Made sure the building didn't burn down and overlooked small PROJECTS. helped THE STAFF WITH ANYTHING THEY NEEDED. Great way to meet the work staff and build relationships
Small college faces challenges
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2017
The small college faces challenges amount the faculty and student body. The faculty is overworked and under paid. The student body is not inclined to be prepared for class, complete the classwork, and argues for a higher grade than warranted under the circumstances.
Pros
location of campus
Cons
poor management
Was a while ago, but fine place to work
Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 24, 2017
It was more than five years ago I worked there, but it was great at that time. I know a lot of people are still there, so that speaks well of it as a work environment, too.
Jacksonville University
Phonathon Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 9, 2017
Jacksonville University is located in a beautiful riverfront setting in suburban Jacksonville, across the St. Johns River from downtown and just minutes from the Atlantic Ocean. The 240-acre campus includes a half-mile of riverfront, oak-lined paths, and a mix of historic and new campus buildings.
Clay Target Team - Coach
Assistant Coach - Shotgun Team (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 10, 2017
JU has a beautiful campus on the St. Johns River with a staff that cares for each other and the students. The university president is constantly looking for ways to improve the campus for students and staff alike.
Good people work there
Field Poll Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 7, 2017
I like the people and the goal, not the higher management. The pay is not that great but does leave room for advancement. Great work life balance and great goal.
Not your average newspaper clipping job
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 7, 2017
Great start to expand or shrink the brain no long term commitment and great resume builder. I can't say enough about the the focus on patience that this job creates. Some times it's high pace and sometimes it is completely boring.
Positive and rewarding workplace
Retail supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2017
Eagerly performed duties as a supervisor, ensuring quality control, taking inventory, placing food truck orders, checking in deliveries, Etc. Ensured cleanliness of all restaurant facilities on campus. The knowledge that I took from working at Jacksonville University, was the value of good management skills and the importance of following producers as part of a management team. Management was always fantastic, as each member put in a hundred and ten percent, and worked hard to provide outstanding service to the members and staff at Jacksonville University. One thing I loved was the multicultural environment as it was very diverse and different from the small town I grew up in. The hardest part of the job was taking inventory, but I have no complaints, as I found every part of my Job to be very rewarding. The most enjoyable and most memorable part of my Job at JU was the awesome team, and the many people I had the opportunity and pleasure of meeting.
Pros
Health Benefits, free lunches, good pay
Cons
Seasonal, as jobs end while school is out for summer.
Job Description
Residential Advisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 30, 2017
As an RA, I am working with conflict resolution, roommate mediation, and the planning of programs. I work closely with the other RAs in my building as well as professional staff on campus.
Graduate Assistant, Part-time
Graduate Assistant/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Graduate office in DCOBMarch 28, 2017
• Scanned of paper files and organized a digital database, providing support to the graduate program.
• Assisted in the graduate admissions process, helped students to identify and apply for competitive scholarships, and responded inquiries from prospective graduate students, creating an easy way in their further career.
• Organized meetings and events, collated and classified documents, and did projects assigned from professors, proceeding every daily routine in an orderly way.
na
Grant Specialist Internship (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2017
This internship allowed me to connect with people that were apart of different corporations. This is a great way to get you foot in the door on if you are interested in grant specialization.