Jacobs Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 917 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
We deliver impactful global solutions to create a more connected, sustainable world — from intelligence to infrastructure, cybersecurity to space exploration. Our 55,000+ employees across 50 countries work every day, challenging the expectations of today to reinvent the way we’ll all live tomorrow.
You're seeing Jacobs jobs close to Ashburn, VA.
Salary estimated from 3.9K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Installation & Maintenance
Employees at Jacobs have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
There's possibilities for improvements within the company that need to be addressed immediately to stop from great engineers and great staff from leaving due to ineffective management.
Recent hire and I’m very impressed with their training and onboarding process. Been in Engineering over 25 years and so far I’m impressed. They are willing to invest in me up front to make sure I can support a high profile Tech client.
What is the best part of working at the company? Benefits and salary What is the most stressful part about working at the company? Day to day interactions, communication, and overall vision What is the work environment and culture like at the company? Toxic and stressful What is a typical day like for you at the company? Scattered and confused
Typical Engineering House / Sweat Shop where when they need you they will tell you anything to get you in the door and as soon as they don't need you they throw you out like yesterday's trash.
Jacobs is a great place to work. The pay is excellent, but middle management could be better. Overall, it's still a great company. I would definitely work there again.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 153 questions about working at Jacobs. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Jacobs employees.
Insights from 955 Indeed users who have interviewed with Jacobs within the last 5 years.
First question he asked was if I knew anything about Jacobs and what they did. Then, he asked what my background/experience was. No technical questions, really. Then he asked why I left one of my previous jobs. From there, he turned it over to me to see if I had questions about a half hour in.
How soon could I show up
They asked questions about my experience.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Jacobs?Published on May 24, 2021