Jacobs

Jacobs Employee Reviews

Found 3,561 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,011 reviews

Jacobs insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things

Difficult to say

There's possibilities for improvements within the company that need to be addressed immediately to stop from great engineers and great staff from leaving due to ineffective management.

Lacking training and Structure for new employees.

Current Employees are willing to train the new employees, despite having no training class/course/materials. Transparency is alleged but I got fired for 2 bad customer interactions that I was never made aware of, so naturally, I wasn't even given the chance to learn and fix the issue. I really wanted to have this as a career but clearly it was just a stepping stone towards what I'm really meant to do/be. Other than that, the work environment was very inviting, however, upper management is aware of the section leads lack of organization and constant interruptions with "new ideas" but failed to address the situation, instead, they blamed me. The whole department knows that the 2nd in charge is personable to an extent, but it is at the point that I couldn't organize my tasks because I was never informed of what level of importance for each task. The 1st in charge knows that employees are constantly scrambling to prioritize because #2 creates all kinds of random tasks for everyone all day without order of precedence.

Pros

Friendly employees, mostly professional demeanor, willing to train despite having no training program.

Cons

Almost impossible to prioritize tasks, 2nd in charge constantly interrupts to give you more tasks or new ideas/concept he has

Do not work with Jacob's

Leadership as in program managers and deputy managers belittles staff infront of coworkers and over works staff. Management works employees without breaks to include lunch and bathroom. They make you work excessive hours 10 to 15 hours a day.

Pros

Great lower staff

Cons

Every thing

Great people, but compensation is lacking

I really appreciate the people at Jacobs. In my experience, managers are supportive and encouraging in helping you direct your career path the way you want. Work-life balance is also good, as I've never worked more than 40 hours in a week. However, sometimes I struggle to fill the 40 hour requirement on my timesheet and have to dip into PTO. I am also not challenged and the work can be monotonous and tiring. Finally, salary is very average and annual increases are small - sometimes not enough to account for cost-of-living/inflation.

Pros

Company culture, inclusivity, work-life balance

Cons

Salary, work is often not challenging or interesting

Do not waste your time with this company!

They will not pay competitive wages. We are short staffed and another contract house (EASI Engineering) started hiring new employees at a higher wage than employees that have been here for seven years. And then they expect senor employees to train the new employees while they are getting paid a higher wage . There are no yearly reviews or raises, management is none existent and will not help you with any career development. Do not work for Jacobs apply with EASi Engineering they will start you at a much higher wage than Jacobs.

Pros

Time off

Cons

Pay, management, lack of any leadership

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

My time with Jacobs has been good so far. Great work life balance with ok compensation. One think I can say for sure is they're all about career progression.

It was a job

Job was fine. Some of the employees were fun to be around and others not so much. Always look for better places of employment and always try to better yourself.

Safety and health organization

Company places emphasis on safety and health. A cold working environment and appears no room for growth as positions seem to only open when government authorizes employment. Not the same type of company culture that Mr. Joseph Jacobs founded.

Pros

A regular paid job

Cons

long commutes. No transportation incentives. Management uses remote worK.

Depends on the Team and Contract

The experience at Jacobs is highly dependent on the team and contract that you are a part of.I have always been a part of excellent teams in my career with Jacobs, and I have been on good contracts as well. However, the contract I have most recently been a part of is more concerned with "mission success" and meeting the schedule than with individual employees' career goals, work-life balance, or even general health and well-being.That said, the work is still meaningful, and I definitely see the impact of my role.

Pros

Impactful work, great team members

Cons

Could be overworked and undervalued, depending on the contract

Great Place to Work

I worked at Camp Lejuene and I enjoyed for the company very much. Great management, great team atmosphere, and caring people at this company. I would work there again no problem.

Pros

Quarterly luncheon that is free and catered

Enjoyed work here

I enjoyed working for Jacobs. My supervisors were very fair and supportive. I really liked how they handled annual performance reviews. Only reason I left was I wanted to work closer to home.

Pros

Allowed flexibility with family issues.

Good place for someone set in their career position

If you're someone who is in late career and knows exactly what they want to do then this is the place for you. If you're a run professional with aspirations of career advancement this place is a good stepping stone but you will have to switch companies for that advancement.

Pros

Good schedule

Cons

No opportunity for advancement

Lots of training. Cool projects.

I worked as an intern at Jacobs for the Test and Operations Support Contract (TOSC) at Kennedy Space Center back in 2019. There is a lot of training. Really cool work. I got to see the stuff we were working on in person and got to learn a lot from people with a ton of experience.

Pros

Structured and organized.

Cons

Some people worked long hours (with pay).

bad place 2 work management is very bad

the company is a great company 2 work for but the management is very bad they keep up more arguments then a women. they always telling lies and making bad decisions.

Pros

free boots

Cons

30 mins breaks

Worst management team, no room for growth , lack of knowledge from management

I would never tell anyone to work for Jacobs. Worst job experience I have ever had micro managed, no support from HR dept . For skills sets I had no pay compensation. Over all I wish I never worked there it was a complete waste of my time

Pros

There are no pros for me with this company

Cons

Everything about this company

Interned here for a summer. I was light on work (just happens that way sometimes) but my manager was always good to me. The company seemed to want me to grow and always seemed devoted to my personal and professional growth. Overall, great company.

Good people, bad direct management

While the job is quite easy and the people are good honest folks, the direct manager at the time I worked (Afternoons shift specifically) was not cut out for the job. Had poor people skills, cut a bunch of corners, and micromanaged the wrong people. Would not recommend the job solely because of how poor he was.

Exciting work in expanding markets

Jacobs has 55k employees and provide solutions ranging from roads and bridges to spaceflight hardware for NASA. There is a strong commitment from the top of the company towards inclusion and diversity.

Pros

Exciting work

Cons

Healthcare benefits could be better

Great company with great people

Loved this job. Very caring management and coworkers. Very busy workdays but never overwhelmed. Downside would be the area that they have is growing faster than they can keep up

Pros

Benefit composition room to grow

Cons

Shortstaffed

Apply elsewhere if possible

As a Jacobs employee I felt like I was just a number, it’s just a big corporate company that doesn’t have there employees best interest in mind. I would recommend applying elsewhere unless your an engineer.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Expensive insurance

Great people in the company

The company is really good to work for. They pride themselves in SAFETY. They instill it to all employees til it becomes second nature. Actually, I have incorporated it in my daily life as well.the people in the company are knowledgeable and pleasant to work with.the only think i didnt like in Jacobs is the timesheet which i have to account for each contract i worked on in a given day.

Pros

Great management

Cons

timesheet, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8K
1.8K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

42%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

42%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss