Jacobs Employee Reviews

Found 1,660 reviews matching the search See all 2,296 reviews
laid off
Prolog/Converge Administrator (300+ users) (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 19, 2018
They laid me off. Bean counters without any knowledge of what I did for the company. After departure project was without proper support. The decision was made while my supervisor was on vacation.
No interaction with other Jacobs employees
Principal Chemist / Principal Engineer (Current Employee) –  Institute, WVJune 19, 2018
Jacobs has not provided any interaction with their supervision or other Jacobs employees. I worked at Bayer under contract with Jacobs but had no interaction with Jacobs management or technical employees in six months of employment.
Good connections between working engineers
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Préfecture de CasablancaJune 19, 2018
Working team performs well for execution of project - work proactively to achieve organizational goals. Culture in zonal offices are different and does not align with JACOBS organisational culture. This is because of lack of training and monitoring of higher management people to lower management people. Management people are driven by their own culture or by culture of their previous company.
summary of the job
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, TXJune 18, 2018
Learned new things daily
hardest part of the job was the management was never helpful,
material was always needed in order to finish a specific job.
Fair
Electrical CAD Designer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 18, 2018
I resent having to fill out a summary of a company that I worked for previously.

I quit the job at that company and that should answer any questions you have about that office..

My summary has nothing to do with Jacobs as a corporation, but the Greenville, SC office specifically.
Not the best but was a client driven atmosphere
Electrical/Controls Instrument Designer (Former Employee) –  Beaumot,TxJune 18, 2018
I can not do a fair evaluation for Jacobs because my location was onsite and does not necessarily pertain to Jacobs methods of operation. In order to be a complete and accurate review I would need to evaluate from Jacobs office
Nice workplace
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJune 18, 2018
That was my first construction job and I was nervous but I had a good foremen who taught me a lot about the chemical plants so it was a good experience for me
Productive and Beneficial
Information Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILJune 18, 2018
The last year with Jacobs has been a wonderful experience. I have learned enough to get myself past the entry level job into a more suitable mid-level job in the IT career field.
Safe and healthy enviorment
Ground Maintenance and Waste Water Operator (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMJune 15, 2018
Majority of the job was staying safe everyday. A typical work day was talking about the job as a group and making sure we got the job done safely. The job was managed well, checking the job sites out in the field, making sure it was done productively and everyone was doing it safe. The workplace culture was makes sure we had a clean work area, talking about the job and how we can do it safe, and helping out all other crews besides the department you were in. The Hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was staying safe. And the most enjoyable part was everyone helped each other out.
Pros
Safety, Steady work hours, Benifits
Cons
Weather and Sometimes dealing with heavy traffic
Descent Company
Major Turnaround Lead Planner (Former Employee) –  Dow St CharlesJune 14, 2018
Jacobs kept me working for a very long time and I would still be there if the pay and benefits were better. All in all it wasn't bad though. The leadership was decent, lots of overtime.

Want to know more about Jacobs?

Ask a question
with the right management equals production
Quality Assurance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJune 13, 2018
Had a few great Managers on this project. With these great managers their teams worked well together and completed all tasks on time. When the management respects their team, they accomplish the mission of the company!
Not a bad job just not very exciting
Inside Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CAJune 13, 2018
I worked putting together proposals for the infrastructure group. Not exactly an exciting day to day activity. Primarily had me tracking down resumes of potential people to be tasked on the project and tailor them to the specific jobs needs.
Amps team
Software Analyst/ Instructor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 12, 2018
Absolutely solid group of professionals dedicated to improving the training for pilots and operators while developing the relationship between developers and designers.
It's Okay
Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 12, 2018
Job was okay. Decent pay and benefits. Regular working hours. Minimal career development though. Where you come in, is where you can expect to stay unfortunately.
Excellent
Senior Contracts / Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 12, 2018
Great company that provides diverse training, experience and opportunity for growth. Customer focused and driven and desires to please both employees and customers.
Great work experience.
Systems Analyst/Network EngineerSME (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 11, 2018
By being able to travel to Army bases up north and get our hands on their data collection system, was great experience. I would say that being able to work with each individual work station across the entire base visited and employees was invaluable. Great company and great teamwork.
Jacobs review
Welder's Helper (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 11, 2018
Management was easy to communicate with. Enjoyed working with co-workers. Decent pay. Lots of hours. Company vehicles maintained well. Plenty of opportunities to advance.
Productive, Yes. Employee-friendly, somewhat
CADD Designer (Current Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMJune 10, 2018
This company, while being on the Fortune 1000 list, lacks abysmally in employee training especially for its drafting staff. The drafting staff have only internet sites, on-the-job training and YouTube videos to enhance their skills. Other companies of this size/type, and even most of the smaller ones, offer far more structured training for their new hires. There is also a significant gap and lack of respect of employee input to the company itself. Employees are encouraged to be a team and yet their opinions are almost totally ignored by those higher than the immediate supervisor. Women's health care is the same as with most other large companies....non-existent! It seems that myself, and my co-workers, are there for the money. I would expected far better from a global-based company such as this.
Pros
Discounts everywhere, decent advancement opportunities
Cons
Training for new hires, healthcare, lack of attention to employee input
A good place to work
Senior Piping Designer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 10, 2018
Very pleasant environment with the opportunity to apply experience to the Job. conducting weekly meetings to keep the group informed of the changes and new requirements to be implemented on the project, flexible when justified time of necessary or for vacation purposes.
All about saftey
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 8, 2018
Good company to work for. Wide variety of knowledge in the company. Management always made sure the jo. Was safe before you would preform the work and if they didn't have the tools for the job they would get them no questions asked.
Pros
Decent pay, good work schedule
Cons
Healthcare was expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss