Jacobs Employee Reviews

Found 2,022 reviews matching the search See all 2,766 reviews
Bad Leadership
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNJanuary 13, 2019
We were treated like children. My supervisor had a miserable attitude. She played favorites and she was lazy. Reviews and raises were never done on time. I have never worked at a place like this, where the management asked around, trying to find out the latest gossip. It had the opportunity to be a good working place, but it was not. The turn over rate was off the charts. The management was very bad about not sticking up for the under dogs in the office. They initiated ganging up on and then excluding employees. I felt like it was beginning to happen to me, and that was a big part of why I left. I am not a fan of the word bully, but that is how management dealt with issues they needed solved. There was a handful of great employees that I enjoyed working with. My job was very easy, just too much and too overwhelming.
Pros
Plenty of sick time and vacation
Cons
No health insurance or retirement benefits
Understaffed with less and less benefits each year.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Moffett Field, CAJanuary 11, 2019
The management is struggling to keep afloat with minimal staff. This puts everyone in a position where the insufficient man power fails to keep equipment properly maintained. Many quick fixes and shady unsafe practices are done behind closed doors just to get by. Management will turn on the project managers/ engineers when things fail or fail to be completed. This place is a sink or swim type work place where you will be thrown into the deep end.

Even worse, the project managers have to complete with each other for the same small labor pool in order to finish their projects. Many times, labor will be pulled from you job, and you'll take the heat for failing to complete your project.

They claim to put the employees well-being first ("people are our greatest asset") Unfortunately, our benefits were slashed every year.
Pros
Some decent people work here.
Cons
You will be expected to dedicate your life and extra hours to the job.
Enjoyed my time here
Calibration Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 5, 2018
This company is overall a great place to work. It offers a great work life balance and the employees are great to work with. The workload, however, is inconsistent, and varies based on the time of year and if clients have needs for improvement or upgrades to their facilities. For that reason, the job security of this industry is not as high as engineering is likely perceived to be in online articles. Half the jobs in engineering are in manufacturing, and the other half is consulting.
Pros
benefits and people
Cons
Good for the experience and possiblity of getting hire paying jobs
Crash Barrier Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 11, 2019
Good place to work for someone looking to get experience and start a career in a technical field or get a job at one of the companies they provide workers for. They will try to pay as little as possible though. Time off is accumulated at about 4.5 hours per pay. Paid vacation for most holidays.
Pros
Job security, experience, benefits, plenty of overtime, lots of free lunches and team building events
Cons
Pays less than livable wage, management is hit or miss, low wage cap
ESSCA Group in Huntsville - Long Hours, Pay and Benefits not great
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 9, 2018
Currently employed by Jacobs ESSCA Group in Huntsville. Lots of overtime, sometimes mandatory to meet customer deadlines. Work-life balance is so-so, they offer a pretty generous PTO plan but when you are working 6 days a week at the behest of the customer you never get to use it. Management is pretty decent, they are flexible and usually understanding of difficult situations. The overall work environment is fine - I've been places much worse. Where Jacobs really shows a weakness is the poor pay and nonexistent promotions. Cost of living increases are usually below the national average. Also, the benefits have been cut down to the bone in the past few years, especially health insurance. The 401(k) match is substandard (only 3%.) In short, it's a good place to work if you've already retired from a career elsewhere, such as the federal government, and are looking for a decent job to fill your time. I wouldn't work here if you are young and ambitious or have a large family to support.
Pros
Management, PTO Plan
Cons
Long hours, poor pay and benefits, promotions are nonexistent
Once a Great Company, No Longer Great
Purchasing Buyer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2018
For many years, I was proud to say I was employed by Jacobs. Once Jacobs merged with CH2M, the culture changed drastically and the benefits that we once had with Jacobs were cut in an effort to streamline with CH2M employees. Vacation hours were cut, salaries were reviewed, and employees with specific titles were cut across the board. Long time Jacobs employees are being replaced with CH employees and management no longer fosters a culture of Caring for employees. For years the slogan was Employees are our Greatest Asset - that has now been taken off the logo as well.
Great company, with challenging and rewarding work
Logistics Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Various Locations CONUS and OCONUSJanuary 3, 2019
It isn't just a tag line, Jacobs really does have a culture of caring, where management takes a significant interest in the employee and their family welfare.

Jacobs program support work is challenging but employees are provided the tools and management support to accomplish the tasks.
Pros
Great communication and support from leadership, superior compensation and benefits
Changed corporate culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2018
Stressful and less job security since new CEO took over. New software could have improved productivity and efficiency, but was not considered. Need to listen more to what non-management staff have to say - management does not have all the answers or know how best to make decisions without seriously considering staff input.
Pros
Competitive pay and benefits
Cons
Job insecurity, stressful
Good company to work for if you work on the projects/major construction side
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2018
Jacobs needs to incorporate all entities as one. The segregation of different departments/projects leaves much to be desired by those who don't work major projects at the Rogerdale office. There is a division that does not allow employees in different areas of the company to have full advantage of what Jacobs has to offer
Pros
Company clubs and events
Cons
No consistent work/projects, non competitive salary, no opportunities for growth
Expect low pay
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 24, 2018
Jacobs Technology Group tries very hard to keep their employees happy. They have Employee Moral events regularly. What they don't tell you is, they would prefer to not give you more money at your end of year review. For me, i worked my behind off for years, made lasting impressions on management on the clients side and on Jacobs side, but when it came time to thank me for all the incredible things I've done, they gave me a bonus check. Not a raise that could equate to more money at the end of the year. A check. Thanks for paying me in peanuts Jacobs.
Pros
Ample opportunity to move around to different clients and different arms of the company
Cons
The pay is terrible.
Look the work and working with Huntsman people.
Administrative Assistant to Site Manager (Current Employee) –  McIntosh, ALSeptember 13, 2018
The hours are great. The work is good to do. Job duties & getting the job done is what we all do.The benefits are great. Jacobs it self is great company to work for. Management at other sites are great. It's just the management at this site that is lacking. Only bad down fall. Everything else is wonderful.
Pros
Job Duties are great.
Cons
To many related family members work here causing to much friction
Overall great place for employment
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 29, 2018
The management and job culture may varied from one office to another within US from mediocre to excellent. Great place to work, to start as junior and have a long time carrier.
Pros
Great benefits, and professional experience.
Cons
Some level of birocracy.
Well Structured Company
High Pressure Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAOctober 10, 2018
Jacobs is a well structured company with great benefits. I left Jacobs due to lack of job advancement opportunities. I was always told that I was next in line for that to only be a lie. This has nothing to do with upper management but rather lower management at the supervisor level.
Enjoyed my time at Jacobs Engineering - excellent benefits, good work environment
Project Administrator/ Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 29, 2018
Great teamwork, everyone was goal oriented. Hardest part of the job was moving from one project to the next. Company always provided good benefits. The managers were always interested in their employees future and kept employees abreast of company happenings.
Safe and healthy enviorment
Ground Maintenance and Waste Water Operator (Former Employee) –  Grants, NMJune 15, 2018
Majority of the job was staying safe everyday. A typical work day was talking about the job as a group and making sure we got the job done safely. The job was managed well, checking the job sites out in the field, making sure it was done productively and everyone was doing it safe. The workplace culture was makes sure we had a clean work area, talking about the job and how we can do it safe, and helping out all other crews besides the department you were in. The Hardest part of the job was making sure everyone was staying safe. And the most enjoyable part was everyone helped each other out.
Pros
Safety, Steady work hours, Benifits
Cons
Weather and Sometimes dealing with heavy traffic
Challenging but rewarding
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 19, 2018
Challenging work, but very rewarding. Good pay/benefits and focus on culture/employee well being. If you are willing to work hard and challenge yourself, you will go far with this company.
A typical Day at work
Sr. Control System Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 5, 2018
A typical day at work was specifying instruments. Reading off of Process Flow and P&ID's. Specifying of instruments. Working with Designers and updating drawings, P&ID's. Naratives, and overall puttin together final deliverables for then end user clients.
Pros
Good Company, Benefits, willingness of others to help you grow in your role.
Good company
Expediting & Logistics Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2018
A very good company to work for. Excellent project management.
Multicultural work team. Comfortable premises and offices.
Fair health, dental, vision Benefits.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Some upper managers not doing well
Great place to work. Fun environment with good pay.
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Poca, WV 25159December 4, 2018
Jacobs had a very detailed training course which helped out a lot when I started on the production floor. They were very safety oriented and very well organized. Jacobs had nice facilities, equipment and supplies to work with. All in all give Jacobs a 4/5.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Long time to wait to receive benefits.
Positive place
Lead Inspector/ MEP (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 15, 2018
Jacobs is a family caring placed to work! Very competitive and compensation is good. Room for advancement is always possible and positive RE enforcement is given towards continued education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jacobs.

Powered by Comparably