Jacobs

United States3,685 reviews

Found 3,685 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,195 reviews
chmprojectengineeringsafetychmhillcontractengineerconstruction

Difficult to say

There's possibilities for improvements within the company that need to be addressed immediately to stop from great engineers and great staff from leaving due to ineffective management.

Pretty standard, nothing spectacular.

Worked for Jacobs as an ISSO contractor providing support to an Air Force pilot squadron. Since the base wasn't in Florida contractors rarely if ever saw Jacobs personnel, to include your assigned site lead which I always thought odd. If you're responsible and do what you're supposed to do you won't have any issues. I found them to be stingy when it comes to raises but generous enough for merit/accomplishment bonuses. If you aren't on site with Jacobs, i.e anywhere not in the main HQ you have to advocate for your own accomplishments or else they will never go noticed or awarded. It was my first company outside of the military so I don't have anything to compare it to but 7/10.

Jacobs insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging

new things everyday

Never the same job, new experiences everyday. Great management and welcoming staff. You set your pace. Workorders are given so there's no confusion or conflicts as to who does what

Interesting work with some great people

Interesting projects, great interaction between project team members. Some projects are more challenging and interesting than others. Project backlog very conti gent on client plans, especially in the pharmabio world. Don't get too comfortable

Pros

Great colleagues, interesting work

Cons

Management weak, work stability is iffy at best, relies heavily on clint plans which can change quickly

What is the best part of working at the company?Loved the support and the people I worked with. Excellent benefits too!!What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Don’t remember any stress. Open communication and being on the same page with our customer was key!!What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work environment and culture was great. No complaints really.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Wow that was almost 10 years ago. Typical day was checking my email, following up on orders, updating and communicating with our customers, placing orders if need be, reviewing purchase orders, possibly updating data in my spreadsheet, maybe running reports.

Poor site management

The senior leadership on site was not great. They were extreme micromanagers, stingy with raises, and inflexible. Additionally, they frequently rewarded bad behavior from underperforming employees.

Diversity and progressiveness are the biggest positives

Diversity and progressiveness are the biggest positives. But that's at very high levels. They've acquired many companies and I belong to one of those. The Jacobs culture hasn't penetrated here yet and it's same old boys who run this place.

Pros

Diversity and progressiveness are the biggest positives

Lackluster

Nice group of employees, but poor internship opportunity. I was thrown into the group with nothing for me to do, thus leaving me sitting at a laptop all day long.

Productive and good workplace

Multicultural team, Professional Engineering Company, Relationship based sales, you have to fill your time sheet every Friday, Open space environment.

Pros

Corporate Training are amazing

Cons

employees rotation is high

Terrible pay. No advancements. Managers are terrible

Overall just a terrible place to work. No room for advancements, and even if you do manage to move up, the pay scale is not relative to the work you will be doing. General attitudes between employees/managers is terrible. Many disgruntled employees who work had everyday but aren't receiving proper compensation. Not to mention they did not give us a holiday/end of year bonus this year... thanks jerks.

Pros

Free low budget pizza party if everyone gets disgruntled enough and threatens to quit.

Cons

Interesting technologies with experienced coworkers

Minimal mentorship during internship, cliquey environment of veteran coworkers, and no desire to help young interns grow. Would often bring up their desire for someone who didn’t need assistance with tasks (even though I was an intern).

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Negative attitudes in the work environment

Eh

Jobs is pretty chill, pay isn't. Good pto and holiday pay though. Good insurance too. Management is very stingy when it comes to pay increases. Ford management is good though.

Good pay/benefits, very unreliable IT

My only issues at this company stemmed from their unreliable IT. On day one they had to issue me a second email address because they messed up setting up my first one, but then a lot of other company accounts were locked to that account, causing me to either miss important alerts or not be able to use them at all. Other than that, no issues with Jacobs.

Great company!

I've been with Jacobs for 11 years. I was picked up by them on a government contract after my previous employer lost the re-compete. Jacobs has been solid. They have a high level of integrity. I've never once been asked to cheat the system in any form or fashion. It was never even hinted at. They are very good and staying on the honest path and really give you a lot of training on it. My leadership has almost always been great. There was one manager that was bad, but they all can't be perfect. Generous PTO allowance however health insurance is pretty expensive. Working on GOV contract, hours are great. It's strictly forbidden to work OT. 8 hours and I go home. Probably the area that needs the most improvement is benefit/travel support. Submitting for training reimbursement (which they provide) is never the same process twice. It's always disorganized and always requires help from a person. We always get that help but lately it takes longer as they try to funnel people through the online system. It was far better when I could just e-mail a local rep and they put me on the path. Salary has been good however lately it's not keeping up with the market. Getting my team proactive retention raises look a long time. But they did do it so I give them credit for it.

Pros

Integrity, no long hours, Pto

Cons

Cumbersome reiembursement system

Work balance

Professional, good work environment. Had social groups to enhance teamwork. Had core hours to work but flexible and required some travel to other offices or work sites.

Sub-Par compensation causes high turnover.

Jacobs takes your overtime hours and converts it to straight time if you take a PTO vacation or sick day off in that week. This was never the case during any of the contractors during the Shuttle era. Due to this, and lower than average pay scales, Jacobs has degraded the once-great NASA contractor work environment to a training ground for newbies off of the street. The experienced people usually leave for Blue Origin or other contractors. Hopefully the new NASA COMET contract won't be awarded to Jacobs.

Pros

fringe benefit that allows you to take funds if you don't use the benefits.

Cons

Grossly sub-par pay scale for the current Space Coast.

Its alright

Its okay. learned a good amount. people are okay. job is okay and the work amount is okay. i hope to see it more stable for others and hopefully a lot more work.

Pros

okay

Cons

okay

Poorly run

Everything is predicated on sales team getting new work. They are not very successful at this. And because of that you will be the first to go when they run out of work. But highly paid Upper Management will continue on.

Onboarding Training is extensive and well thought out

Recent hire and I’m very impressed with their training and onboarding process. Been in Engineering over 25 years and so far I’m impressed. They are willing to invest in me up front to make sure I can support a high profile Tech client.

Pros

Work Remote

Cons

HR and IT support is primarily overseas and can take up to several days for a response sometimes

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits and salaryWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Day to day interactions, communication, and overall visionWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Toxic and stressfulWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Scattered and confused

It Sucks...

Typical Engineering House / Sweat Shop where when they need you they will tell you anything to get you in the door and as soon as they don't need you they throw you out like yesterday's trash.

Pros

Easy to not have to work much

Cons

No stability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jacobs.
Powered byComparably