Jacobs Employee Reviews

Found 2,791 reviews matching the search See all 3,891 reviews
Typical consulting firm
Project Chemist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 20, 2019
Enjoyed the independent work culture.

I was able to improve my skill set in lab data validation and database applications and query language to harvest and manage large datasets.
Receptionist/Clerical
Receptionist/Administrative Aide (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2019
Starting at 7:30pm each day, my hours were from 8am to 5pm, there was never any moments in between for office conversation until lunch. High volumes of incoming/outgoing phone calls daily, guest/ clients/town meeting/luncheons/responsible for café room, delivery of milk for 160 people weekly. ID cards for new hires inside office or field workers. FedEx/Ups/ weekly mail incoming and going out. Weekly mail distributed 160 employees on a daily basis. Assisting the Marketing Unit with proposal drawings on a timely manner that needed to be sent out and returned ASAP.

Learning how prioritize my work was hard for me at first but I quickly adjusted, it was not easy. .

Management was always on hand letting you know if you needed there assistance in any way.

From the start of my job in 2004, there was a diversity of people from all walks of life, I loved the way everyone worked well with each other, it was a beautiful thing to see. .

With my full daily duties already on of the jobs given to me by boss, I have to honestly say, that was a job I did not think I should have been given. I did the job of checking the ceiling bulbs to see which ones were out in the office of a 160 or more people,I also had to check the Garbage Ben each day to make sure if it was filled or not, and report back to my Boss.

I have always wanted to be a Receptionist/Clerical at a good Firm, and Jacobs Engineering Firm, was that place for me. in 2004. Every day was great seeing people from all over the world come to our office, and i would greet them, and see their faces light up. I can honestly
  more... tell you, my smile was like a large light bub, someone forget to turn off. I was very fortunate to be hired on the first day I went for the Interview. I had a wonderful 14 ears there.  less
Pros
There was always Luncheons for the office/and Cake for Birthdays
Cons
Of course Lunch is sometimes, short due to projects that required immediate attention at unusal times during lunch time. .
Great working environment
Engineering Technician (ET) V RAM Senior Task Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZMarch 19, 2019
I enjoy working for this company and all the people that I have come across throughout the years. The transition from Mantech, to Jacobs was a seamless process. I am proud to work for a prestigious organization such as Jacobs. I would like to venture out and explore other opportunities within the organization.
good place to work
Expediter for the past 5 yrs (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 19, 2019
Jacobs was nice place to work with occasional overtime. the people I worked with were nice, professional, and worked well together. As a team we worked well the client.
Great management team and great company
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXMarch 19, 2019
This was a great company and the lubrizol project in Deer Park Texas was one the best construction projects that I have ever worked on. The management team was great and really looked out for the employees.
poor workplace
combo welder (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAMarch 18, 2019
its is a poor workplace with bad managment and lack of good leadership alot of poor attitude and it reflects on the work and the work enviornment wouldnt recommend
Good introduction in production maintenance field
Combination Welder and Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 18, 2019
Working at Jacobs was a quick paced job that taught me to become a better welder and pipe fitter. It also taught me a lot about how to work safely and to recognize risks.
It's a fun place to work if you work at night
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 16, 2019
If you're looking for a place without a future this is it you come in every day not knowing if you have a job or not they lay people off all the time without notice
Pros
Great employees to work with
Cons
Below average with salaries
Very comfortable place to work.
Snr. Piping & Stress Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 15, 2019
I learned that safety is of paramount importance within the work culture at Jacobs. I also realized that Jacobs had a genuine concern for its employees well being.
The program relocation package is insufficient
Project Controls Engineer (Current Employee) –  South KoreaMarch 14, 2019
The stipend for relocating to and from the program does not cover the cost of shipping your household goods to the host country and back to your home of record.
People were actually getting along in my group made job more easier
Fuel Truck Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 14, 2019
I'm was able to move up quickly in the company, the Forman was easy to get along with, plenty of working hours, the people in my group got along pretty well, being there brothers and sisters keeper, not a lot of safety issues
Pros
Good Forman
Cons
Short breaks
Jacobs is a good company to work for.
Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2019
I was hired after JACOBS acquired another another local engineering firm. Jacobs grows by buying out their competition. Once the competitions contracts have been closed out then those people are offered the opportunity to relocate. If you choose not to relocate then you are fired. A couple of years later the people that were offered relocation again. If you refused then you were fired. once it became evident that the group i was hired into was not going to be allowed to bid on any new contracts we all started looking for other jobs.
Pros
good salary
Cons
lots of travel
Great Company
QA/QC Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monaca, PAMarch 10, 2019
Great place to work,co -workers were good group to work with,
management provided good leadership-interesting projects to be a part of.Would recommend to anyone.
Good company to work for
Work Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2019
In general, it's a good company to work for.
They help you get some training
Most managers know what they are doing, some still need more experience.
Some times it is necessary to put in a lot of overtime for too long a period
Nice environment to work in
DoD Government Contract
Test Engineer Level (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLMarch 8, 2019
Typical Government contract, however it did not treat all of its employees equally. If you were not part of the good old boys system then you were not treated the same. When you tried to complain then you were treated unfairly.
Great team members
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2019
The team members come to work everyday to make a difference for their clients. Strong collaboration and commitment to do the right thing for their clients.
Working for Jacobs
Electrician and instrument Helper (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXMarch 4, 2019
Rushed to work,and materials needed are not always available, iv learned how to better read wire blueprints, bend conduit and tubing. In that particular workplace I was truly the minority and many times treated as such by the foremen, yet I still worked my hardest and performed every job and task asked of me. The most enjoyable part would be working with other co-worker that treats me equal and with respect.
it ws great i learned alot from my co-workers
Mechanic clerk (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZMarch 3, 2019
there wasn't enough work for my most days, but when I was done filling out all the mechanics daily work for day shift and night shift, making sure the trucks were scheduled to come in and get worked on, I got to go out to the shop and help work on the trucks, I really learned a lot from this company.
Pros
wonderful people to work with and the bosses where cool.
Cons
the job didnt last longer
I worked with mentors,thay would show me how .
Pipe fitter Class C machnic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2019
I would measure and cut pipe to the proper lenght and grind in a bevel for my welder.I would set-up flanges to be square and make my 1/4 gap and tack.
Pros
It was a great learning experince.
Cons
A few lazy co-workers!
I was hired over the phone to be a Owner's Representative. I really can't rate Jacobs as I really never worked directly for them.
Cost Engineer (Former Employee) –  Norco, LAMarch 2, 2019
I only received a paycheck from Jacobs. I was an Owner's Rep. and didn't have any interaction with Jacobs at all other than getting a paycheck, so it is hard for me to rate them. However, my time being a Jacobs employee, it was reiterated daily that I was a contract employee. In other words, I was "less than", however, I wasn't singled out, all contract employees were treated the same.
Pros
Manager was a GREAT guy
Cons
Manager was not a good leader

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.4K

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight