Jacobs
75Above average

Jacobs Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA65 reviews
Ch2m
CH2M was s good place to work. I learned about corporate graphic design, the company gave me my start and I loved working there. Jacobs bought it out and I was laid off so I don’t care for Jacobs. But CH2M I loved working for.
Most supportive company i've ever worked for
i've had nothing but amazing experience with this company. Management is super supportive, extremely helpful (they only want what's best for you) and encouraging.
Productive and Friendly
Jacobs is an amazing company to work for. The leadership and other team members communicate very well with all of the employees and they have some of the best benefits! The workplace culture is extremely positive, which makes the job super enjoyable.
Good company to work for.
I enjoyed the work atmosphere there, lots of support and the benefits were normal. I left the job for a substantial increase in salary that Jacobs was unable to match.
Commitment to employees and the community. Good safety record. Interesting work mix. Arlington office extremely supportive. Would be a great place to build a career
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I've enjoyed my experience
This is a great company that is moving in the direction of tech-forward initiatives. They value your work/life balance and provide opportunities for training.
A very basic firm
Typical day at work is reacting to whatever fire you must put out first. Lack of resources, lack of planning and lack of effective management make each day a fire drill rather than allowing staff to spend the required time focusing on projects. Good old boys club. Firm is only going after engineering projects and not creative or design projects. No bonus structure except for upper management. No benefits or acknowledgement for working hard - everyone gets the same raise each year. No reason to excel. Each department is siloed which creates problems on projects. It’s just a C grade architectural/engineering firm. Nothing special about its work. They pay well which makes up for the benefits, which are greatly lacking. It’s a job. Don’t expect anything more.
Great people to work with
Great people to work with. Staff is incredibly had working and dedicated at all times. Morale was not great, but everyone worked together really well.
Pros
Great teams
Great
Great place to work, the people are warm and welcoming. This is great for new hires and interns. It always makes me excited to come to work. Plenty of meetings and training classes.
Challenging and Rewarding Experience at Jacobs
Challenging and Rewarding Experience at Jacobs. Jacobs is a worldwide company that has leading solutions in major IT, Building and Management verticals.
Fun, Professional, But big company
Focused on Safety and Project Management.
Training focused to improve the worth of their employees for the betterment of their client base. Good people work at this company and work in teams.
Pros
Great company to retire from and training provided is great
Cons
Growing and loosing focus on employees in the field
Engineering firm with a strong blue collar orientation
Conglomerate built by many acquisitions bolted onto the core company, which is a construction company. The culture is command and control from the top down. The underlying processes and systems for dealing with staff fall into line with that culture. Many leaders have extensive tenure with the company.
Large company with problems.
The company is in a state of flux due to the recent acquisition of CH2M Hill and internally, it's a mess. Employees are waiting to hear if they will have jobs in the coming year.
Pros
Nice people.
Cons
Management is tight-lipped and lacks leadership.
Great opportunity to learn a lot of troubleshooting skills and Cisco commands.
Great opportunity to learn a lot of troubleshooting skills and Cisco commands.

Very fast paced work environment, dealing with day to day operations as taking phone calls, escalating trouble tickets and helping the customer resolve their network issues.
Pros
Great opportunity to learn troubleshooting techniques
Cons
High turnover rate
Equips Employees w/- All They Need to Work/Accomodating
A typical day at work is fast-paced. I mean work and very little time to be social. Employees are nice, although not the most friendly.

I gained lots of knowledge on contracts and IT as it pertains to the private sector.

Management is on point. They have to be in order to make it thus far, and successfully.

In terms of culture- don't expect offers... You have to ask even when you don't know to ask.
Poor Management
Poor Management Very Disappointing Manager was so immature and very support of pets in the department. the place was a nightmare I saw tem fire person after person
Great place to work, with good/diverse backlog of projects
Busy workload which is great, but hardly any down time in between projects to archive files and do research to improve on practices due to a reluctance to use G&A(overhead).
Pros
Opportunity to work on a lot of different projects
Cons
Suppression of Overhead
Productive work force love my staff
I love working with Jacobs. Friendly environment, easy going flexible hours. very communicative staff, peaceful, clean, job keeps you on your feet with new ideas
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no cons
Working at Jacobs is a fast pace position. The management was pretty fair for the most part. The hardest part of the job would be communication. The most enjoyable part was working with my co workers.
Great Company
Great Company to work for, had tried for the last 4-5 years and finally was hired. If you want to move around and grown there are plenty of opportunities available.
Great Place to Work
Been here for 2.5 years and have grown into a higher position. Company considers their employees one of their highest assets and promote training opportunities.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.
1.7K
1.8K
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight