Jacobs Employee Reviews

Found 1,857 reviews matching the search See all 2,537 reviews
Senior Airport Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Jacobs was a good place to work, good employees and lots of work. I was able to use my skills and knowledge to help clients address their needs and provide them with an efficient solution.
Pros
Lots of work
Designer I and Designer II (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work. Offered classes to advance my career and opportunity to excel. I was able to go out in the field with Jacobs and obtain hands on experience
Great company with unreasonable work load expectations
Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 19, 2018
Jacobs is an exceptional company to work for, however, with the M&A work that is being done, we are asked to do so much more than humanly possible, with less. Work life balance is nonexistent, and the work volume is all consuming. I am proud to work for a company that does the type of work we are doing, but discouraged at the inappropriate expectations to work 60+ hours a week to get everything complete all while still being behind.
Contract work with great accomedations
Resident Contractor (Former Employee) –  Belle, WVSeptember 18, 2018
This was a P&ID walk down in the Virgin Islands. It was a dream opportunity. The heat here isn't bad and there is a good breeze that made the outside work easy. Excellent people on the island an excellent overall work experience.
Great teamwork, great management.
Controls System Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
I experienced teamwork and equality at Jacobs. Management was kind, knkn, knowledgeable and willing to share that with our entire group.
Weekly team and Safety meetings were very helpful, keeping our team of upcoming projects. This was a transparency that I had never experienced in the workplace.
Very easy going enjoyable company to be part of.
Great company to work for
Human Resources Specialist/Benefits Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 17, 2018
I worked for Jacobs 31 years doing various job descriptions in those years. I enjoyed my work with them. I would love to return to Jacobs but my position was eliminated when I went out on disability. My time with Jacobs gave me great opportunities to travel to places that I would not have been able to do on my own (including Canada). I will always consider the Jacobs co-workers as my family.
great place
crane operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2018
great people and environment. the hours were good as long as the job lasted. I did not want to leave but the work ran out. if they called me back i would jump on it.
employment
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my job with Jacobs and the people I worked with, I would recommend this company to others and I have sent several people this way. Im ready to go back to work
Cons
job ended
Overpromised
Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Be guarded whether you are a local higher or a corporate higher. I was a "corporate higher" being promised all sorts of things by executive management; however local management had their own "rock stars" that they were wanting to promote. Definitely a clash of cultures - local control vs. corporate control.
Pros
Employee led extra-curricular activities. Always things to do outside of work.
Cons
I was caught in power struggles during some re-organizations.
not bad just not a fit
Rigger (Former Employee) –  TexasSeptember 13, 2018
I was on nights rigging i just could adapt to it the cold and wetness
as well the personal that i was working with and for it just wasn,t a
good fit for me.
Look the work and working with Huntsman people.
Administrative Assistant to Site Manager (Current Employee) –  McIntosh, ALSeptember 13, 2018
The hours are great. The work is good to do. Job duties & getting the job done is what we all do.The benefits are great. Jacobs it self is great company to work for. Management at other sites are great. It's just the management at this site that is lacking. Only bad down fall. Everything else is wonderful.
Pros
Job Duties are great.
Cons
To many related family members work here causing to much friction
Very professional place to work
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 11, 2018
Great managers, very helpful. Direct Supervisor took time to ensure that I was informed of all need information when working on a project. Work hours were great.
Pros
project involvement
Cons
no windows in office
working experience
Structural Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 9, 2018

CEO and management team needs to understand that employees are the BIGGEST asset for the company.
Everytime you talk to your manager about any issue, you can clearly tell he may be listening but his mind is somewhere else and thats single biggest problem with this company
Pros
If you are flexible and capable, the company has many opportunities
Cons
Much of the work is tied to large contracts - need to be mobile
ESSCA Group in Huntsville - Long Hours, Pay and Benefits not great
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 9, 2018
Currently employed by Jacobs ESSCA Group in Huntsville. Lots of overtime, sometimes mandatory to meet customer deadlines. Work-life balance is so-so, they offer a pretty generous PTO plan but when you are working 6 days a week at the behest of the customer you never get to use it. Management is pretty decent, they are flexible and usually understanding of difficult situations. The overall work environment is fine - I've been places much worse. Where Jacobs really shows a weakness is the poor pay and nonexistent promotions. Cost of living increases are usually below the national average. Also, the benefits have been cut down to the bone in the past few years, especially health insurance. The 401(k) match is substandard (only 3%.) In short, it's a good place to work if you've already retired from a career elsewhere, such as the federal government, and are looking for a decent job to fill your time. I wouldn't work here if you are young and ambitious or have a large family to support.
Pros
Management, PTO Plan
Cons
Long hours, poor pay and benefits, promotions are nonexistent
The work was great, and the people were better.
Wind Tunnel Test Director Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Moffett Field, CASeptember 9, 2018
Great company to work for if you're interested in aerospace engineering, test and evaluation, research and development, etc. The type of work we did was really interesting, and it was a great group of people to work with. Management supported professional development and frequently offered opportunities for professional skills training.
Pros
Interesting, impactful work.
Best Company I’ve ever worked for
Technical Consultant III (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHSeptember 9, 2018
Jacobs demonstrates commitment to its employees and values commitment from the employees as well. Pay and benefits fair commensurate with the employee’s contribution to the bottom line.
Pros
Provide rewarding challenges and values excellence
Cons
No pension plan
Great work environment
Airforce AOC Sustainment Services Contract (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 8, 2018
Jacobs has a great work environment. Great team environment. Team member actually support one another to accomplish a task. Able to travel and meet new people.
Pros
Great team environment.
A bad transition
SCCM Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  MacDill AFB, FLSeptember 6, 2018
I was hired on by Jacobs during a contract transition and I was part of what seasoned contractors claim was the worst transition they have been part of. They kept about 56% of the staff while others left because salaries were slashed.
Pros
good teammates
Cons
everything else
Family atmosphere
Material Control Clerk - Donohue Industries (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Its construction and you are away from home and family so your fellow employees become your family. It is long days but watching an open dirt field turn into a massive machine or a plant gives you such pride and accomplishment. Loved working construction but hard when you have a family and have to move constantly.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Moving every year to 2 years
Great job
Pipefitter A Class (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 5, 2018
Great company to work for but needs to hire more. Jacob's usually hire people that are local. That's not cool. Everyone needs a job that's qualified..
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Need more work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jacobs. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

36%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss