Jamaica Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

this is a resident program
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 22, 2018
I worked in the ophthalmology department. overall the facility is nice and you learn new things every day. the downside is the manager is very unprofessional. they don't appreciate their employees.
My experience
PSA (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 19, 2018
Everyone there was lovely to work with. Work is work, how much more fun can it be. Overall, is a wonderful hospital to work at.nice environment overall and enjoy working with the employees./
Practice Coordinator - Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 13, 2018
Thanks JHMC

JHMC is a very good place to work< I left the job because was very far from home and the commute was bad, overall JHMC is a very nice place.
Productive Learning environment
Maid Porter (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 7, 2018
A typical work day consist of doing rounds. Cleaning and disposing of patients bathroom, rooms and garbage.

I have learn that, my job is never over until its time for me to clock out.

Management would check on staff, and assist with any issues that arises,

The hardest part of the job, is to be cleaning one room and be called to the Operating Room or Emergency Room to clean up a spill. Moving from one place to the next within short period of time.

The most enjoyable part is when, I can choose to work overtime or not. I am not mandated to do so
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Stressful at times
Dishonest manager, will do anything to make you look bad and cover her own lies
LPN (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, QueensMay 6, 2018
I regret transferring to this location on Jamaica, it was my worst career move I have made, the staff and the manager treat staff terribly. I am lucky I am part time because 2 pm comes and I just run out of their like I'm running from a fire. All the doctors except for one are high strung, sarcastic, rude and disrespectful..
Pros
health insurance, good pay
Cons
Management, cutthroat staff, insulting doctors, doctors come two hours late and yell, snap their fingers at you to hurry up and they are the ones late and holding up the other doctors
Productive and fun
Executive Secretary/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 29, 2018
I had the opportunity to manage the office mostly on my own since the Director was always busy. Working with the Medical students was rewarding. They were all very friendly.
Pros
Working with Medical students
Staff and management great to work with
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 17, 2018
There is a great culture there, but they need to consider cost of living ans pay accordingly. I love working with the people the salary needs to reviewed.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low salary
Patient Navigator
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 10, 2018
Being a liaison between patient's and doctors. Helping patient's access better healthcare through a more welcoming experience. Helping doctors creating follow up appointments and scheduling referral appointments with specialties.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 10, 2018
Helpful staff and management. If your're looking for a walk in the park, this job is not for you. Fast paced and high volume of work. Management checks in and helps out as needed. Would've stayed here if FT opportunity ever came, but it never. Too many middle aged folks not retiring for years to come.
Pros
Pensionable job 1199
Cons
Busy Busy Busy
would not like to review at this time.
General Practice Dental Resident (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 1, 2018
Would not like to review at this time.I would however like to thank you for the opportunity to review Jamaica Hospital in this box. I enjoyed the writing.
Productive and good place to learn
PCA (Emergency Room) (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 29, 2018
productive and fun place to work, even though emergency room can be very busy and stressful. Coworkers are nice and cooperative
Jamaica Emergency Room is a great place to learn .
Pros
long breaks
Cons
short staff
Physician Biller (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 22, 2018
Flexible work hours, great benefits, a lot of time off. Room for growth and pay for school. Management is flexible. A lot of over-time. Good place to work if you want growth.
Depends on department
Medical Student (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 21, 2018
The workplace dynamic depends on which department you work in. The campus is quite large but can feel isolated given its in a relatively suburban area surrounded by highway and homes. Relatively easy commuter access by bus and train.
Toxic working environment
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYFebruary 1, 2018
No work-life balance. Directors/Management has Huge & fragile egos here. So you have to be very careful not to rub them the wrong way or they will find a way to make your life miserable or fire you. No diversity in finance department - catty gossip culture. The staff turnover is so high because of the work related stress. No one stays here long because of toxic work culture, no promotions or salary raises, unless you are the Directors pet. everyone in top management is from Iran! Btw, they treat Interview candidates very poorly.
Pros
Commute
Cons
Lack of diversity
Excellent
Health Care Proxy Intern (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJanuary 4, 2018
Alot of fun people at this job, i wasnt there long but the people i did work with and interact with cared about why i was here as an intern and how am i enjoying myself. The job itself was very slow-paced, hand out health care proxy forms to patients in different department waiting areas, explained the benefits of choosing a health vare proxy, and also asked if they would like to be an organ donor.
review summary
Drain and fill the automated stainer (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYDecember 24, 2017
When the last administrator left the department began to fall apart.Not too long after that the department heads were told how to run their department until they go tired of it, Soon they began to leave. The gap was taken over by the administrator who began running the departments.Now that he was mandated to replace the department heads, the policies began to change along with the necessaries supplies to run each department. Lastly their is no staff development in place
stressful place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 21, 2017
very good benefits and good union. Stressful place to work. No opportunity for advancement. Union provides reimbursement for continuing education seminars.
fun workplace relaxed somedays but also get busy quick
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 21, 2017
I was working in labor and delivery since I first started. I like working there but there's no pay. free lunch and short breaks. some days its relaxed but can get busy quick.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks no pay for volunteer workers
good for new grads in 3-6 mos training program
Charge Nurse on Duty/ RN-ED (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NY 11418November 20, 2017
Great experiences to enhance your nursing skills in this level 1 trauma setting. Long working hours, usually longer than a 12 hr. shift. Worked with some excellent nurses, with amazing skills.
Pros
rewarding work effort in this community
Cons
short breaks and consistently short staffing
great work enviornment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYNovember 11, 2017
I was able to learn many useful skills in HR. I was able to work with current employees and be able to go into their accounts and assist them as needed. The working environment is very friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Jamaica Hospital Medical Center Reviews by Location