Jamaica Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Paid Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYJuly 8, 2018
The people I worked with; Nurses, were very friendly. They made sure I didn't feel stressed or pressured. As expected the work was quick paced as we had to deal with incoming patients to the Ambulatory Care unit. It was not hard to handle.
Pros
Free lunches
Not what it used to be.
Occupatiknal Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 6, 2018
Places has definitely changed over the years. Tighter restrictions and staff seem more unhappy. Lots of tension. Management tut has changed and new policies have been implemented.
No for sure answers
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 26, 2018
Terrible at catering to employees with family issues .

Have great educations experiance

Great stepping stool

Awesome connections

Need better management
Pros
Low pay
Cons
Full blown experiance
It was a good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 13, 2018
It was a great company to work for adequate vacation time, personal time and sick time. These factors contributed to me staying in the company for more than seventeen years. It was in Queens near my children school and home. Salary was not great, but other benefits compensated for the moderate salary. Job was challenging, I started as front desk and moved on to become supervisor in less than two years from start date. I was then promoted to manager position that I held until I resigned in 2016.
Pros
Large under served population, this made my job very fulfilling
Cons
salary, work load.
Risky
RECEPTIONIST/ REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 5, 2018
Fast paced environment. Not sure how protected employees are from lay offs due to budget cuts. There are Union job opportunities. Full benefits and room for growth.
Very busy but fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 29, 2018
One is able to rotate positions and learn about the inner-workings of the hospital from all perspectives and in all areas. Everyone is really friendly and there is never a dull moment.
this is a resident program
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 22, 2018
I worked in the ophthalmology department. overall the facility is nice and you learn new things every day. the downside is the manager is very unprofessional. they don't appreciate their employees.
My experience
PSA (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 19, 2018
Everyone there was lovely to work with. Work is work, how much more fun can it be. Overall, is a wonderful hospital to work at.nice environment overall and enjoy working with the employees./
Practice Coordinator - Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 13, 2018
Thanks JHMC

JHMC is a very good place to work< I left the job because was very far from home and the commute was bad, overall JHMC is a very nice place.
Productive Learning environment
Maid Porter (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 7, 2018
A typical work day consist of doing rounds. Cleaning and disposing of patients bathroom, rooms and garbage.

I have learn that, my job is never over until its time for me to clock out.

Management would check on staff, and assist with any issues that arises,

The hardest part of the job, is to be cleaning one room and be called to the Operating Room or Emergency Room to clean up a spill. Moving from one place to the next within short period of time.

The most enjoyable part is when, I can choose to work overtime or not. I am not mandated to do so
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Stressful at times
Dishonest manager, will do anything to make you look bad and cover her own lies
LPN (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, QueensMay 6, 2018
I regret transferring to this location on Jamaica, it was my worst career move I have made, the staff and the manager treat staff terribly. I am lucky I am part time because 2 pm comes and I just run out of their like I'm running from a fire. All the doctors except for one are high strung, sarcastic, rude and disrespectful..
Pros
health insurance, good pay
Cons
Management, cutthroat staff, insulting doctors, doctors come two hours late and yell, snap their fingers at you to hurry up and they are the ones late and holding up the other doctors
Productive and fun
Executive Secretary/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 29, 2018
I had the opportunity to manage the office mostly on my own since the Director was always busy. Working with the Medical students was rewarding. They were all very friendly.
Pros
Working with Medical students
can be fun
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 26, 2018
could be fun some time, most time theres a lot going on every where, the place needs an updated especially the ER complete overall is needed and the need to hire more staff
Staff and management great to work with
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 17, 2018
There is a great culture there, but they need to consider cost of living ans pay accordingly. I love working with the people the salary needs to reviewed.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low salary
Patient Navigator
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 10, 2018
Being a liaison between patient's and doctors. Helping patient's access better healthcare through a more welcoming experience. Helping doctors creating follow up appointments and scheduling referral appointments with specialties.
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 10, 2018
Helpful staff and management. If your're looking for a walk in the park, this job is not for you. Fast paced and high volume of work. Management checks in and helps out as needed. Would've stayed here if FT opportunity ever came, but it never. Too many middle aged folks not retiring for years to come.
Pros
Pensionable job 1199
Cons
Busy Busy Busy
would not like to review at this time.
General Practice Dental Resident (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 1, 2018
Would not like to review at this time.I would however like to thank you for the opportunity to review Jamaica Hospital in this box. I enjoyed the writing.
Productive and good place to learn
PCA (Emergency Room) (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 29, 2018
productive and fun place to work, even though emergency room can be very busy and stressful. Coworkers are nice and cooperative
Jamaica Emergency Room is a great place to learn .
Pros
long breaks
Cons
short staff
Physician Biller (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 22, 2018
Flexible work hours, great benefits, a lot of time off. Room for growth and pay for school. Management is flexible. A lot of over-time. Good place to work if you want growth.
Depends on department
Medical Student (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 21, 2018
The workplace dynamic depends on which department you work in. The campus is quite large but can feel isolated given its in a relatively suburban area surrounded by highway and homes. Relatively easy commuter access by bus and train.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Jamaica Hospital Medical Center Reviews by Location