Jamaica Hospital Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 25, 2018
If you would love to get great experience Jamaica Hospital is the place for it. Working here has taught me a lot. I’ve learned my strengths and also my weaknesses. Great place to be at.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Medical interpreter (Spanish/English) (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I love working at Jamaica hospital, specially the connection I have with the patients and doctors. I have learned here how to use a software called EPIC, became a qualified medical interpreter, and how to give HTN and Diabetes education to those patient who need it.
patient tranporter
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  vanwyck expresswaySeptember 17, 2018
I worked there for a number of years I learned a lot saw a lot it was a fast paced sight but I worked there to start my job status hoping to move up which never happened ,so I moved on
Love Jamaica Hospital
Lead Central Sterile Technician (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 27, 2018
It could be a little more strict with the security and better on my salary but other than that I love working here. It could use some free parking as well. The parking price is a little ridiculous.
Pros
free health care
Cons
work 5 days a week
Unfriendly atmosphere, little team effort
Float Nurse - LPN (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 25, 2018
I worked a long time ago, but my experience there was somewhat unpleasant, the floors was always hectic, the staff was not welcoming, like I wrote this was a long time ago. I don't know if it remains the same as years ago.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unfriendly atmospher
Not a bad place to work
Pathologist Assistant/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 14, 2018
Hospital can use renovations and more employee perks . Better cafeteria, benefits, training. The older staff can be complacent and not very helpful at times
Fun workplace
Paid Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, NYJuly 8, 2018
The people I worked with; Nurses, were very friendly. They made sure I didn't feel stressed or pressured. As expected the work was quick paced as we had to deal with incoming patients to the Ambulatory Care unit. It was not hard to handle.
Pros
Free lunches
Not what it used to be.
Occupatiknal Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 6, 2018
Places has definitely changed over the years. Tighter restrictions and staff seem more unhappy. Lots of tension. Management tut has changed and new policies have been implemented.
No for sure answers
Patient Navigator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 26, 2018
Terrible at catering to employees with family issues .

Have great educations experiance

Great stepping stool

Awesome connections

Need better management
Pros
Low pay
Cons
Full blown experiance
It was a good company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 13, 2018
It was a great company to work for adequate vacation time, personal time and sick time. These factors contributed to me staying in the company for more than seventeen years. It was in Queens near my children school and home. Salary was not great, but other benefits compensated for the moderate salary. Job was challenging, I started as front desk and moved on to become supervisor in less than two years from start date. I was then promoted to manager position that I held until I resigned in 2016.
Pros
Large under served population, this made my job very fulfilling
Cons
salary, work load.
Risky
RECEPTIONIST/ REGISTRAR (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJune 5, 2018
Fast paced environment. Not sure how protected employees are from lay offs due to budget cuts. There are Union job opportunities. Full benefits and room for growth.
Very busy but fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 29, 2018
One is able to rotate positions and learn about the inner-workings of the hospital from all perspectives and in all areas. Everyone is really friendly and there is never a dull moment.
this is a resident program
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 22, 2018
I worked in the ophthalmology department. overall the facility is nice and you learn new things every day. the downside is the manager is very unprofessional. they don't appreciate their employees.
My experience
PSA (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 19, 2018
Everyone there was lovely to work with. Work is work, how much more fun can it be. Overall, is a wonderful hospital to work at.nice environment overall and enjoy working with the employees./
Practice Coordinator - Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 13, 2018
Thanks JHMC

JHMC is a very good place to work< I left the job because was very far from home and the commute was bad, overall JHMC is a very nice place.
Productive Learning environment
Maid Porter (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 7, 2018
A typical work day consist of doing rounds. Cleaning and disposing of patients bathroom, rooms and garbage.

I have learn that, my job is never over until its time for me to clock out.

Management would check on staff, and assist with any issues that arises,

The hardest part of the job, is to be cleaning one room and be called to the Operating Room or Emergency Room to clean up a spill. Moving from one place to the next within short period of time.

The most enjoyable part is when, I can choose to work overtime or not. I am not mandated to do so
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Stressful at times
Dishonest manager, will do anything to make you look bad and cover her own lies
LPN (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, QueensMay 6, 2018
I regret transferring to this location on Jamaica, it was my worst career move I have made, the staff and the manager treat staff terribly. I am lucky I am part time because 2 pm comes and I just run out of their like I'm running from a fire. All the doctors except for one are high strung, sarcastic, rude and disrespectful..
Pros
health insurance, good pay
Cons
Management, cutthroat staff, insulting doctors, doctors come two hours late and yell, snap their fingers at you to hurry up and they are the ones late and holding up the other doctors
Productive and fun
Executive Secretary/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 29, 2018
I had the opportunity to manage the office mostly on my own since the Director was always busy. Working with the Medical students was rewarding. They were all very friendly.
Pros
Working with Medical students
can be fun
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 26, 2018
could be fun some time, most time theres a lot going on every where, the place needs an updated especially the ER complete overall is needed and the need to hire more staff
Staff and management great to work with
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 17, 2018
There is a great culture there, but they need to consider cost of living ans pay accordingly. I love working with the people the salary needs to reviewed.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low salary