Jamba Juice Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,640 reviews matching the search See all 1,656 reviews
Stick around if you like listening to snakes all day.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2018
just be the quiet one, mind your business or at least dont share your personal life with anyone because everyone will judge you and then will determine the rest of your time there. enjoy.
Fun work place but bad management
MBA/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 12, 2018
Jamba was a fun first job! But the amount of work and lack of pay sucks. The management totally fell apart and puts too much pressure on their employees.
Pros
50% off food, fun engery, Tips
Cons
Short breaks, long lines, Worst music ever, ac was always broken, heavy lifting
Management and team members are nice and helpful. Can get very busy during certain hours.
Cashier, team member (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAAugust 10, 2018
working here is very easy, memorizing ingredients and menu items is key. It gets very busy, so taking time to stop and looking at how to make drinks can slow down the flow of the job. Friendly team members and mangers, and very flexible schedules. Always wear your shirt, hat and apron.
Pros
discount on meals, flexible schedule, friendly mangers, easy job
Cons
could be short on staff, might leave your shift an hour or more later, very busy in the summer
I really enjoyed the people I worked with. It is definetly a great starting job and awesome for students.
Team member (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 9, 2018
I enjoyed working here because the hours were very flexible, I learned a lot, great starting job, lots of fun people and work environment. I didn't like that it was really slow some of the time.
Productive work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2018
Jamba juice was an awesome place to work , the customers are awesome and the employees are extremely friendly and very helpful. I would definitely reccomend working at Jamba.
it was alright to work there
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 5, 2018
it was alright to work there the people were nice and everything was as you would expect for the average high school and early college age job at the entry level.
Fun fast paced environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 4, 2018
I loved working at Jamba Juice for the fact that it was fast paced and very organized we all worked as a team it was great. I would like to use my experience their towards my future
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
It enough hours
Very fun and rewarding
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 3, 2018
Jamba juice is fast paced and fun. I've met some of my closest friends at Jamba and was able to promote very quickly. The customers are likely the only negative part of Jamba Juice.
Good job for high school or college
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 3, 2018
Pretty standard 'fast food' job. Learned how to delegate jobs, do things efficiently and quickly, how to offer fantastic customer service, work a P.O.S system and work with others as a team player. Workplace culture is fast paced when customers are present, otherwise it's pretty relaxed. The job isn't really hard at all. The most enjoyable aspect is how easy it is.
Pros
50% discount for $14 worth of Jamba Juice (everyday)
Really loved Jamba
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Feliz, CAAugust 3, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Jamba Juice. My manager and coworkers where all very helpful and knowledgeable. The environment was always fun while simultaneously productive. Hardest part of the job was relatively low wages.
Jamba Juice experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 3, 2018
I worked there for 2 years. I never revived a raise or promotion and I worked very hard. I didn’t receive any benefits and I was working 30-40 hours a week and needed a new job with competitive pay and benefits.
Always working
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAAugust 2, 2018
Very fast workflow making sure the drinks are out in an orderly fashion. having the team members get tasks done and giving outbreaks when needed making sure the teams is ready for a rush.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 2, 2018
Jamba Juice is a fast pace job. Engaging with customers day to day.
Easy job . Enjoyed my team from store to store.
The Best part of the job was Fundraisers at the schools, and to see the smiles on the children's faces.
Pros
Working with my team
Cons
Changing stores every year to improve the sales of stores that weren't doing well.
Fresh
Team member (Former Employee) –  Ammon, IDAugust 2, 2018
This is a great summer job! Both the owner and managers are great people, and it is easy to get along with coworkers. I enjoyed opening the store the most because I got an early start on the day and I had the rest of the day to myself while still maintain full-time hours.
Pros
Discounts on merch and food, flexible work schedule, understanding managers
Cons
Food handler's card is not required in the state of Idaho
good coworkers , taste test smoothies
Team Member (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 2, 2018
jamb juice can get busy quick especially during noon long lines of people can swoosh through the door, the team is usually trained in all parts of the store(cashier, pour, dishes , dip) we switch off often and do different thing according to the stores needs as well as other coworkers . when your on dip you have to work quickly to make the smoothie with the right amount of ingredients and accurate ingredients . jamba juice has a 3 minute quality wait time and we dont like to go over our times .make sur you have a loud voice for when you call out drinks with names because the store can get loud with the blenders coming on and off all the time.
Pros
making good smoothies
Cons
super fast workplace
Franchise made things hard and feel impossible at times. Though district managers try the best to help.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAJuly 29, 2018
Having been with the company from a corp to franchise it has changed and made it a bit harder to believe in what jamba desires and wants. Lacked growth and benefits to make it feel worth trying hard and not feeling replacable any second.
District managers are over worked and try their best to help communicate between owners and general mangers but still feel like we are not being heard. And more and more restrictions make the job harder than it needs to be and why since the transition the turn over rate of managers is so high with someone leaving so often then prior
Okay place to work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJuly 28, 2018
I really like working there even though its a longer travel time for me. Love working with my manager but don't really like working for the owners. Things are being done that shouldn't be and things are not being done that should be
Pros
50% off items and working with my manager
Cons
the owners
Great management and Amazing team members
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 27, 2018
It was one of best jobs I ever had. The company is light hearted and really community focused. My manager was always so kind and made sure everyday was a great day!
Good Summer job, not long term
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAJuly 26, 2018
Really easy job as long as you have good work ethic. Training is a bit rough, but over time you can learn a lot from your coworkers and managers. Promotion depends on management, which is frustrating because some people get promoted a lot faster than others, regardless of work ethic. Unless you work 25+ hrs a week or you're just looking for a summer job, this is not for you. The compensation is ridiculously low, even as a manager (I am a shift lead.) Tips are okay, but won't last very long between pay checks. All that being said, this is a really easy job. Do your work, and everything is fine. There will be the occasional rude customer, but usually the managers will deal with it.
Pros
Discounts on certain items
Cons
Bad compensation, unorganized, bad management
Fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 25, 2018
Great place to learn the basics of management and food handling, willing to train the right employees to move up to management positions and travel within the companty

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jamba Juice. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight