Jamba Juice Employee Reviews

Found 1,777 reviews matching the search See all 1,795 reviews
Fun Co-Workers but Awful Everything Else
Jamba Juice Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CADecember 6, 2018
I worked with this company for about a year and a half. In my time working there, I watched as 6 different general managers and countless amounts of shift leaders came and left. The main issue is the horrible management, stemming from the district manager and even corporate themselves. I was forced to use broken and outdated equipment that rarely ever got replaced. I would be punished for issues that are 100% out of my control. Also, towards the end of my employment, I was supposed to cut my team members early to save the corporation money. Which in turn, forced me to clean and close the entire store by myself for 4 to 5 hours of each shift. Not to mention, the pay was also very low for the amount of effort required to do a satisfactory job. After attempting to quit once before, I was offered only a 25 cent raise for working there for over a year. Overall, I can honestly say that this corporation does not care about their employees and i would not reccommend this job to anybody.
Pros
Easy to keep job
Cons
Low pay, awful management, inconsistent hours, lack of care for employees
Good Summer job, not long term
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CAJuly 26, 2018
Really easy job as long as you have good work ethic. Training is a bit rough, but over time you can learn a lot from your coworkers and managers. Promotion depends on management, which is frustrating because some people get promoted a lot faster than others, regardless of work ethic. Unless you work 25+ hrs a week or you're just looking for a summer job, this is not for you. The compensation is ridiculously low, even as a manager (I am a shift lead.) Tips are okay, but won't last very long between pay checks. All that being said, this is a really easy job. Do your work, and everything is fine. There will be the occasional rude customer, but usually the managers will deal with it.
Pros
Discounts on certain items
Cons
Bad compensation, unorganized, bad management
Requires management with good communication skills, laid back highschool job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAJuly 17, 2018
A typical day at work for me was morning opening shifts, which were the more relaxed paced shifts. Lots of food preparation and cleaning, but not bad. The days and evening shifts were the busiest and became backed up quite easily. Management was iffy, and communication about discounts and daily deals was poor, upsetting customers easily and confusing workers. The workplace culture was relaxed, the workers being mostly highschool students. However it could be unprofessional and too relaxed at times. The hardest part of the job was the rushes, which could become overwhelming at the drop of hat. I worked hard to delegate orders and keep the flow moving as effectively as possible. However, overall the job was enjoyable and offered advancement.
Pros
Discount on food and drinks, fun and laid back
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, poor communication
Overall Fun Workplace Environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CASeptember 6, 2018
Jamba Juice Is a fun, fast paced job.
Jamba Juice provided many opportunities for career advancement.

Once the company split us into different franchise stores Jamba lost its training culture which was vital to the success of the business.

In the later part of my career I felt unsupported by my management .

The most enjoyable experience was in hiring and training. It held a special spark that helped motivate me to perform at a high level every day.
Pros
Discount meals, flexible hours
Cons
Scheduling, staffing
Started out good, ended bad.
Team Member/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTDecember 11, 2018
I loved working here at first. It was a fun, positive, energetic, and an upbeat environment. I pretty quickly moved up to a manager but the career advancement after that died off even though I've been doing everything an A.G.M does without the title, benefits, and pay. My G.M. at the time moved up I the company and ever since we haven't had a good G.M. The one we have now never shows up and expects everyone else to do his job for him.The pay is horrible for all that I do and have found out others here are making more then me even though I've been here over 4 years.
Very fun job, little pay
Jamba Juice Team Member (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTOctober 22, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Jamba Juice, the environment and the people their was very fun. But my pay was not high at all and there was no raises givin even if you had worked there long time. The management was a little unprofessional but nothing too bad.
Pros
Fun, exciting job
Cons
Low pay
Jamba Juice Work Experience
Team Lead/Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 17, 2018
A typical day at Jamba Juice started with prepping in the morning and setting the establishment up for success for the whole day. Something I learned working there was how to be successful talking to guests in the process of satisfying their needs. I also learned how to be apart of a strong, collaborative team. Lastly, I learned how to have effective time management skills by talking to the guests, while also getting their order in within a current time to prevent orders from getting backed up. The culture at Jamba Juice was very friendly and upbeat. The hardest part of the job was when I was the only employee working and there would be multiple guests in line. During these times, I remained extremely focused and made sure to get all the drinks out in a timely fashion. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the guests leave happy and fully satisfied.
productive fast pace working place
team member (Current Employee) –  Oxnard CaliforniaSeptember 24, 2018
when I first began working at Jamba Juice in 2015 I loved it, I looked forward to going into work everyday .. but after 3 years of working there and only getting at the most 20 cent raise is pretty disappointing.
Pros
one free smoothie per shift
Cons
poor management
A good first job
Training Mentor (Current Employee) –  Cameron Park, CAJune 11, 2018
Jamba Juice is very good at working around your schedule and flexible with your home life. It is a good job to have while going to school because they offer a lot of shift in the afternoon. If you are able to open or do morning shifts when school is in session, the will absolutely love you. Unfortunately, there is not much room for advancement and little to no chance of a raise unless you are a store manager. Even then, chances are slim. Managment can be a huge hit or miss. I have had amazing shift leads and store managers along with one who does not care about their job or plays serious favorites. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the relationship you develop with your regular guests. The hardest part of the job is definitely picking up the slack of those who do not put forth much effort. If you have the right people, two could do the job of 4.
Pros
great guests, good high school job
Cons
not many hours, favoritism
Fun environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2018
Working at Jamba Juice was a good experience because the customers were always nice to be around. The color scheme of the building was bright and colorful and the music was always fun. The management had changed multiple times in a few months. My work ethic was taken advantage of during the last portion of my employment. I was teaching and training new managers how to do everything but I was never offered a promotion or raise.
Pros
Fun environment, happy people and customers
Cons
Bad benefits, no offers of promotion
Friendly work environment
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Keizer, ORApril 10, 2018
From this job I learned to handle stressful situation and I learned how to work under pressure. Time management was also something I learned very quickly. On the slow days I took advantage of having extra time and worked on detail cleaning. I worked at Jamba for 2 years and for a great majority of that time the culture of my workplace was drama free, but towards the end there was too much favoritism and negativity. I really enjoyed working for Jamba Juice and I believe it is a great job for students in high school or for college students.
Pros
Bright and fun atmosphere
Cons
No career advancment
Healthy and clean workplace
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 31, 2018
Great for a first-time job, however, be expected to take on more responsibility without a raise. Worked shifts alone even when it was busy. The workplace environment wasn't great at the time. The job is pretty easy to do, just definitely not a solo job. The job itself is great for younger students to learn how to interact with customers.
Jamba Juice experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 3, 2018
I worked there for 2 years. I never revived a raise or promotion and I worked very hard. I didn’t receive any benefits and I was working 30-40 hours a week and needed a new job with competitive pay and benefits.
Fun and great for gaining experience!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 21, 2018
Jamba Juice is a great company to gain experience in customer service, management and problem-solving skills. It's fun and positive working environment and also very flexible with scheduling hours. Unfortunately, they do not compensate well for quality work and don't give recognition for employees that go above and beyond.
Pros
Great community of workers
Cons
Benefits, Hourly rate
Decent first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, CO 80233October 21, 2018
Fun to start out, but it dies off. My particular franchise had an upper management issue, and thus it trickled down to a store management issue. Employees NEED to be able to work together to get things done. This includes cleaning EVERYTHING. I left partially because of this. The people I eorked with did not want to clean things that got dirty, and the manager would not set them straight. I found myself on reg taking orders, rushing to help make smoothies, and then quickly cleaning counters and doing dishes right after that without much help. It just seemed like the people I worked with did not want to be there, and that feeling transferred over to me as a result. Our management issue also resulted in us being scheduled on blocked time.
Pros
Discounted food, free time between rushes, easy in the winter
Cons
If you're fellow employees don't do thier part, you're gonna have a bad time
Coworkers are friendly, they enforce a great work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HI and Honolulu, HIOctober 13, 2018
I feel like a lot of Jamba Juice stores are mainly ran by young people (Juniors and Seniors in High School and College kids, so their mindset in the workplace is not the greatest. When I would be working in the front, I would take a glance and see fellow coworkers sitting down in the back on their phones! The sad part is the managers would be right there too! The management are also young so either they see team members on their phones and not care or they see that and because of their age, the team members won't take them serious.
Pros
Employee meals, get to try new flavors
Cons
Since I am a male, I would be asked to do physical things and even trash. I wouldn't mind if it was occasionally, but it was daily! I also wouldn't mind if there was stuff that I did, but it would cancel out because I was excluded from other things, but that wasn't the case. I had to do more things than every other Team Member.
Great first job
Jamba Juice Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CADecember 15, 2018
One of the first jobs I had. Felt like I learned a lot about what was expected at work and what I was capable of doing. Not a whole lot of room for advancement but if you work hard there is the opportunity to grow. One downside is they can be a bit pushy on selling items.
Fun, productive, fast paced work place with some issues
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CANovember 19, 2018
This job provides an experience for the employee in the fast food job market. It tends to be fast paced at times but with team you work with you will be able to surpass and difficulties that you may encounter. The environment was wonderful, the team was welcoming and became great colleagues. The same goes for the customers. There will be "regulars", people who come often, that are great to talk to which helps on slow or rough days. Unfortunately the pay is not equivalent with the work we put in. Just recently I noticed that the taxes taken out of the checks I made had increased from $60 to almost $100. This job is great for students who need a little cash on the side, but - $100 makes a huge difference for us students that work hard to help out with most of the payments at home.
Pros
Fast Food Experience, Hours, Scheduling, Work Enviroment, Colleagues, The Good/Nice Customers
Cons
No Holiday Pay, Must work on Holidays if Scheduled, Pay, Tax Cuts from Paycheck, Rude/Bad Customers
Jamba Summary
Lead (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CANovember 19, 2018
An average day consisted ensuring all duties/cleaning were conducted before the end of each shift. I was also responsible for any customer complaints, hiring, counting the safe at the end of each shift, and ensuring the shift was ran smoothly. My staff were great and friendly. I learned to believe in my strengths and utilize them for further advancement. My manager was awesome. The hardest part of my job was finding the balance in sometimes making sure all customers were satisfied during a rush. The most enjoyable part was learning new techniques and working with staff. They always remained positive.
Pros
Discounts, positive work environment
Cons
pay rate
Good first time job!
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAOctober 11, 2018
Jamba Juice is great, but don't expect to sit back and make smoothies all day there's a lot to do that isn't sold to you.

A typical day at work consisted of cleaning, stocking, cashier, making smoothies, logging and customer service.

The culture is pretty cool and you get half off smoothies which is great because its VERY easy to get addicted real quick.

I'd say the hardest thing about the job is learning all the ingredients to the smoothies, they are right there in front of you but when theres a rush of a bunch of customers it helps to know them prior. And sometimes you have to open really early.

Overall, I recommend it as a first time gig.
Pros
half off smoothies
Cons
early mornings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jamba Juice. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jamba Juice.

Powered by Comparably