Jamba Juice Employee Reviews

Found 1,878 reviews matching the search See all 1,898 reviews
Great for entry-level workers!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 22, 2019
Jamba Juice was a really great experience, I made several close friendships with co-workers and the work environment was both professional and friendly. The hours were flexible and the food service experience was often fun.
Pros
Discounts, Fun
Cons
Low pay
It was a fun time with fun, productive people
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 22, 2019
I was hired to add vetera restaurant industry executives to the company that was comprised predominatly of the 19 orinagianl young people who moved to San Francisco from their original start
Pros
allowed me to establish other channels of revenue
Cons
Was replaced by lower paid individual to save new franchisee money
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 21, 2019
Was booted along with two other highly paid and successful GM's when the new franchisee took over. We were replaced by individuals that made $10K less or year to save on overhead.
Pros
Great kids to work with
Cons
No job security even when you bust your tail and increase sales and profitability
Working as a Team is very important and is a fast pace Job.
Team member (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTMarch 21, 2019
I loved working here. Made some good friends and my manager was very helpful and accommodating. The schedule manager did mess up a lot and would schedule part-time people for full time and full time to part-time hours. No incientives to increase wages and you can be sent home and not even get your full hours if the place is slow.
Pros
A positive, upbeat, safe, and fun working environment.
Cons
not enough benefits for pay raises and sometimes you don't get all your hours.
It was nice and easy job to be at
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 21, 2019
I learned how to make smoothies the proper way under the correct health codes. The management was really good as well, he heped me throughout the learning process of it all
Great High School or part time job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 20, 2019
Love working at Jamba Juice! The only issue is some of the teammates, but that’s only in few locations. Isn’t a hard job, just a lot to do. There is some heaving lifting but never anything crazy. And all the recipes take about a month or two to learn by heart.
Fun easy high school job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 18, 2019
The team was filled with a young group of people which made the work environment fun. Can get fast-paced, especially during the summer, but becomes easy once you get the hang of it. Easy training and you learn basic customer/food service skills.
Great experience
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 17, 2019
This was my first job & it was a great experience. I enjoyed working there. They people there were nice & easy to work with. I enjoyed meeting new customers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very busy
great first job
Jamba Juice Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 16, 2019
Its fun for a while but it gets old. It also really sucks that you cant get free drinks. Most people are nice but customers are always impatient and the drinks have a lot of sugar
Pros
fun and can taste new things
Cons
not enough hours
Great place
Team member (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAMarch 16, 2019
Great place to work. Especially if you are in college. The manager is super supportive and reliable. The way they train will definitely help you get through almost all situations you might encounter.
Pros
Great work ethic
Cons
no cons
Awesome but low hours
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAMarch 14, 2019
Everything was amazing and blissful at Jamba management was strict at the time but polite to your face. Customers were awesome and my coworkers i miss them but you can't work there with acrylics so i had to go wasn't getting scheduled many hours anyways.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
No free food and lack of hours
coworkers are nice and helpful
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 14, 2019
my coworkers are very helpful and are very understanding when i do something or get something wrong. the hardest part of the job is meemory because i have a really bad memory but they understand and help me through it
Pros
every 2 hours i get a 10 minute break
Cons
it gets really busy at times and i get stressed out but my coworkers help me through it
Work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Coral Ridge, FLMarch 12, 2019
Really horrible job. They want you to do so much for a bad pay and they justify it with tips that are split between everyone that work with you based on hours. They don't care about you at all.
Unprofessional Manager
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 12, 2019
Unfortunately, the turn over at Jamba Juice is fairly high. Part of this must be attributed to the area manager allowing the general manager to conduct the business inappropriately with the employees. From the beginning I was told I had to complete training modules at home off the clock. This seemed wrong, but I did not know better until another manager from another company told me that's against the law. The gm would text the group while some of us were in class expecting a response to do something right then. Additionally, the staffing model was poor and the manager would work during the week only with 3 people so did not experience the weekend volume. Consistently ridiculed in group messages for bad close or open, not realizing the lack of professionalism that demonstrates.
Great as a first job to get you through high school and community college, but not if you're working for a living wage outside of management.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMarch 12, 2019
Jamba Juice is phenomenal for those with limited work experience. The work pace is anywhere between relaxed or managebly busy, so it's good for building some rush-resistance while not being a nightmare. That being said, if you're looking for a livable wage here, you really should start at 16-18 years old because working your way to a proper management position is a competitive slog.

Going from team member to shift-lead only takes months if you're a good worker, but from shift lead to assistant manager, I've seen people quit in a rage after being a shift lead for 1-2 years and passed up for the AM position. As a team member, the expectations were reasonable for the pay, but shift leads only get an automatic raise of a dollar, which is not worth the plethora of responsibilities and expectations that get added onto your workload, so I purposely avoided and turned down the shift lead opportunity while working there for a year and a half.

The responsible, level-headed, and capable people always were the ones to get into management, so I never really had complaints until my most recent manager before quitting, but honestly her expectations were reasonable; more stringent than the previous managers? Yes, but I was unfairly judging her at the time. That being said, most managers are young adults as well, so they're completely understanding and empathetic of the personal needs of their employees most of the time.

The hardest times at the job were of course during the afternoons in hotter seasons, especially during the beginning of the school year because my location was situated
  more... near a middle school, high school, plenty of elementary schools, highway, and a gym, so the store was basically a madhouse during those times. Despite that, after the rushes the commodore was always pleasant with the coworkers, and I highly suggest this job for students looking to polish up their resume and get their foot in the door of adulthood.  less
Pros
50% discount up to a 16$ value on consumables, 30% discount for merchandise, healthcare options, stock options, 401K, relaxed working environment
Cons
Short breaks, limited hours, limited and highly competitive promotion opportunities above shift-lead, minimum wage, limited raises
productive and fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAMarch 11, 2019
if you are working an 8 hour shift you get two 10 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch break. if you work a 4 hour shift you get one 10 minute break. you have to be able to work under pressure, as jamba did have rushes where a ton of people come in at one time and you have to make all the smoothies requested as quick as possible. in the rush you will have to make sure there is enough clean dishes available as well as enough frozen fruits. With customer service you may have to be patient more with some customers more than others. make sure to call in if absent or planning to not come as no call no show will result in a step closer to unemployment. You get 3 strikes. To get a day off, you must put the day you want off, 2 weeks in advance.
Pros
50% off discount
Cons
rushes stress
bland
Jamba Juice Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rosemead, CAMarch 10, 2019
This job had people who had no work ethic. No one ever called in to say they couldn't make it, they didnt come in at all. The worst was management and that is being nice,
Smoothie Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMarch 10, 2019
It was a wonderful place to work at, sadly I had the move from the city I was in to another, and couldn't be hired at the Jamba Juice in the city I now live in.
If you have a god manager and a good work ethic, this is a great job for you.
Shift Lead/ Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXMarch 9, 2019
I currently am a Shift lead, in training to become a general manager, and I have to say that I fully loved the experience here.

Just like any fast food job, you will have your good and bad moments with customers, your boss, and other employees, but it always gets better if you care about your job. It's easy to get time off and you get free drinks on and 50% off menu items when you're off the shift.

It's been over a year now that I have been employed here and I love the experience I have gotten from it.

Though I can understand that the best job in the world can be really bummy if you have a terrible leader deligating you. So I say stay positive and try it out. If you don't like it, that's fine, but ask is it because of the work or the people.
Because when I finally got a good manager working here and a good, or at very least, an understandable group of team members, the job because my favorite job I've had in a long time.
Pros
Free drinks when you work and 50% off when you don't, Easy to get time off with proper communication.
Cons
unless you're mamagement, you dont get to work mroe than 40 hours a week, doesn't pay much, on slower days you may lose your hours because they have to control labor.
pretty good job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 8, 2019
working here was amazing and i loved every second of being here other then the huge amount of unnecessary drama that was created. my only real issues here were the drama and the fact that nobody would believe if you were actually sick or not. if sick , they will question ever single thing wrong with you to somehow try to catch you in a lie. even if you aren't lying.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jamba Juice. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jamba Juice.

Powered by Comparably