Jamba Juice Employee Reviews

Found 1,725 reviews matching the search See all 1,741 reviews
Decent first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, CO 80233October 21, 2018
Fun to start out, but it dies off. My particular franchise had an upper management issue, and thus it trickled down to a store management issue. Employees NEED to be able to work together to get things done. This includes cleaning EVERYTHING. I left partially because of this. The people I eorked with did not want to clean things that got dirty, and the manager would not set them straight. I found myself on reg taking orders, rushing to help make smoothies, and then quickly cleaning counters and doing dishes right after that without much help. It just seemed like the people I worked with did not want to be there, and that feeling transferred over to me as a result. Our management issue also resulted in us being scheduled on blocked time.
Pros
Discounted food, free time between rushes, easy in the winter
Cons
If you're fellow employees don't do thier part, you're gonna have a bad time
Not the strongest team environment
Shift lead / General Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 21, 2018
All natural smoothie shop located on the 16th street mall — Fast-Paced/High-Volume, Shift Lead and General Manager for five months, Led a successful team while keeping customer satisfaction high.
team member position
Cashier & Team Member (Current Employee) –  Yuba City, CAOctober 21, 2018
overall this a great starter job for young teenagers it teaches them responsibility in the work place. how to communicate with other employees on day to day bases,
Pros
50% discount
Cons
discount is applied at all jamba juice locations
Flexible hours, minimum pay
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 19, 2018
I liked my coworkers and the environment most of the time but management and above sometimes made it difficult to work there. Was a good place to start at for a job though.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
No benefits
Great college part-time job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2018
Overall, this was a great experience while I was going to school. Job was fun and I worked with great people. Would endorse for people in a similar situation.
Fun place to work where everyone gets along
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 18, 2018
I like working at Jamba Juice. There is a lot of variety in what we do and the customers and my fellow co-workers are very nice and supportive. I would strongly recommend.
very fun energy with a lot of customer service
Team Member (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 15, 2018
Everyone was nice, the days went by quick. easy to catch on and i loved the product i was selling so it was fun. The store was clean and the other team members were welcoming
Coworkers are friendly, they enforce a great work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HI and Honolulu, HIOctober 13, 2018
I feel like a lot of Jamba Juice stores are mainly ran by young people (Juniors and Seniors in High School and College kids, so their mindset in the workplace is not the greatest. When I would be working in the front, I would take a glance and see fellow coworkers sitting down in the back on their phones! The sad part is the managers would be right there too! The management are also young so either they see team members on their phones and not care or they see that and because of their age, the team members won't take them serious.
Pros
Employee meals, get to try new flavors
Cons
Since I am a male, I would be asked to do physical things and even trash. I wouldn't mind if it was occasionally, but it was daily! I also wouldn't mind if there was stuff that I did, but it would cancel out because I was excluded from other things, but that wasn't the case. I had to do more things than every other Team Member.
Enjoyable workplace, positive atmosphere filled with positive workers, excellent customers
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 13, 2018
Jamba Juice was a great workplace to be a part of. Due to the workers and team of the store, it was exciting to go into work every shift. The excellent, regular customers were just a great bonus to the job. It was very easy to learn the recipes and required daily tasks of the job, thanks to my helpful coworkers and managers. Like any other job, there are difficult situations involving the store itself or different customers. Either way, it was great being surrounded by people who were motivated to solve any problem the store had.
Pros
50% off every order, recipes posted on the wall to check work, a helpful team, set goals from the company
Cons
Difficult/old machines, understaffed at times, very slow during cold seasons
It was a very fun and productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 12, 2018
I felt comfortable every time I went into work and I enjoyed work rather than dreading it. The workplace was very fast paced at times and you had to adapt to that very quickly.
Wonderful team members, management is not so great
Shift Manager/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Highland Village, TXOctober 12, 2018
It was wonderful for the years I was in high school, but it has since become a toxic environment that I no longer wish to be a part of.

A normal day starts off getting there at 5:30am and being alone in the store until about 7am. At 7am a team member would come in and help me take and fill orders. Around 8am a second team member would arrive, at this point I would go the back of house and work on labor and sales numbers. As well as counting and checking on the safe and scheduling out the rest of the day.
Cons
No breaks, no matter how long the shift: often running the store by myself
Good first time job!
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Pasadena, CAOctober 11, 2018
Jamba Juice is great, but don't expect to sit back and make smoothies all day there's a lot to do that isn't sold to you.

A typical day at work consisted of cleaning, stocking, cashier, making smoothies, logging and customer service.

The culture is pretty cool and you get half off smoothies which is great because its VERY easy to get addicted real quick.

I'd say the hardest thing about the job is learning all the ingredients to the smoothies, they are right there in front of you but when theres a rush of a bunch of customers it helps to know them prior. And sometimes you have to open really early.

Overall, I recommend it as a first time gig.
Pros
half off smoothies
Cons
early mornings
My Dream Job
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 11, 2018
I loved almost every single second of this job. The most fun I've ever had doing dishes. The best smoothies in the world. Caribbean Passion for life!!!
Pros
Flexible hours, fun environment, most delicious job ever
Cons
Pay not competitive
its good for someone coming out of high school
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAOctober 10, 2018
The people there were always good and fun to work with. Worked good with your hours and schedule, very flexible. The hardest part was probably keeping everyone organized.
Pros
flexible hours
Cool co-workers but management was not great
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 9, 2018
Honestly if I wasn't so lucky to have such great co-workers I probably would have left Jamba Juice earlier than I did. The district managers would yell at my store manager who would proceed to reprimand us for his mistakes. Also a lot of the store managers are actual friends and would constantly talk on FaceTime throughout the shifts.
Pros
30% off discount
Fast pace with little reward.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HI 96814October 9, 2018
Hours of operation were okay. The expectation for the amount and quality of work were not equivalent to the benefits. The most enjoyable part of work were the staff members.
Pros
Team
Cons
Little benefits
workplace culture
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAOctober 8, 2018
your coworkers will become your family. everyone helps each other out, no one is left behind, work is never boring. constantly on the move. everyone loves each other.
Fun workplace that focusing on health
General Manager of Texas Flagship Location (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2018
Jamba Juice is a fun and motivating place to work with opportunity for growth and career advancement. We focus strongly on guest satisfaction and growing profits through team motivation, communication, and strong leadership.
The job is actually fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEOctober 8, 2018
Working in the mall is great when there's great people around in your work area. They're able to work with your schedule. There's two stores so you will always have his. Reliable transportation is a must.
healthy
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 7, 2018
I learned so much about healthy food and ingredients while working at Jamba Juice it was absolutely awesome. Our manager always made our fast paced work environment stress free, we would have friendly competition. My personal favorite part of this job was learning health and blending great smoothies. The hardest part would be leaving at the end of my work day because my work crew was like family.
Pros
healthy smoothies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jamba Juice. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight