Jamba Juice Employee Reviews

Free smoothies, was a slave, rude customers
Team Member (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 17, 2018
Jamba Juice was a fun place to work because I loved making all the smoothies and serving people. Sometimes however, you get rude customers who can't wait 5 minutes for their item (inevitable). I gained a good work ethic because I had to work under pressure, work fast paced esp in the summer, multitask, and clean the whole store. Usually there was me and 1 other coworker that had to clean the whole store at night, such as the bathroom, mop/sweep floors, clean all equipment, and stocked. It was too much for the $7.75 that I received (which is under min wage in Nevada), therefore I quit. With the tips however, I was making about $9 an hour. I was a slave and paid unfairly. The only good thing about working at JJ was the free smoothies. I would not recommend working for JJ as you are doing too much for too little pay.
Great Job for School Students
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 16, 2018
Great way to learn customer service, time management and serving skills. You also learn how to make the BEST smoothies ever. It is a great job for school students because they work around your schedule for classes ans homework.
Pros
Free smoothies
Cons
Low pay, Minimum wage
Enjoyable part-time work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 14, 2018
Overall, I really enjoyed working for this company. The owners are very kind and show concern for their employees. The work was at times physically demanding but manageable because of the positive atmosphere and culture of the workplace.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, enjoyable work environment, great management
Cons
High pressure, low wages, physically demanding
unstable management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 13, 2018
The instability of the management was the key reason that team members were not aware of key regulations that hampered the store's ability to provide satisfactory performance during stressful situations.
fast paced yet fun
Barista (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2018
The work environment is fun and fast paced when it is busy. The hardest part is memorizing all of the smoothies and being careful of food allergies for the customers. Overall it is a great place to work because of the employees and management.
Pros
employee meal after every shift
Productive and fun work environment great for a first job
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAJune 12, 2018
Learned how to take charge of store when store is not there. Made sure the workers are productive at all times. Most enjoyable was the people I worked with always full energy.
Would not work for them again
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2018
I would not willingly work there again, it was a nice environment with the original manager but she left due to not being paid enough for the work she put in.
Stay far away.
Jamba Juice Team Member (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 12, 2018
The management was horrible, unprofessional as if they promoted them just because they needed managers not because they earned it. People start off at different pay, which isn't right it seems to be that men make more money them women.
Pros
free smoothies.
Cons
no breaks, terrible managers.
Great Workplace
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 11, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my rather brief tenure at this Jamba Juice location, only left due to being called out to Hawaii. Otherwise, would have undoubtedly stayed on as an employee. Plus, there were ALWAYS tips to be had if you were a hard worker and made an effort to communicate with customers in an engaging manner.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Coworkers never showed up
Family environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 11, 2018
I loved working at Jamba Juice. It was my favorite job. The team worked together like a family and the manager was the most amazing but most stressful guy ever.
Pros
Discounts, advancement
Cons
Stressful
Great Company Culture
Sr.General Manager/NSO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2018
The most important thing about working with Jamba was the culture - living the "Jamba values". When I started, the company was growing and opening up new locations throughout the city so there was plenty of excitement and people development. I enjoyed opening up all these new locations in the city - and eventually different other markets - with my peers.
Pros
Company Culture, Hands on Management, Fast paced
Cons
Fluctuating sales for in cooler months
A good first job
Training Mentor (Current Employee) –  Cameron Park, CAJune 11, 2018
Jamba Juice is very good at working around your schedule and flexible with your home life. It is a good job to have while going to school because they offer a lot of shift in the afternoon. If you are able to open or do morning shifts when school is in session, the will absolutely love you. Unfortunately, there is not much room for advancement and little to no chance of a raise unless you are a store manager. Even then, chances are slim. Managment can be a huge hit or miss. I have had amazing shift leads and store managers along with one who does not care about their job or plays serious favorites. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the relationship you develop with your regular guests. The hardest part of the job is definitely picking up the slack of those who do not put forth much effort. If you have the right people, two could do the job of 4.
Pros
great guests, good high school job
Cons
not many hours, favoritism
Awesome workplace!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Napa, CA 94559June 10, 2018
Everyday coming into work everyone always has a great attitude and work excellent together, if there is ever an issue no-one is singled out. Awesome management and diverse consumers!
Fun work environment for a first job or a part-time job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 10, 2018
Jamba Juice was my first job when I was 16 and it was great. Living on my own, I would need a second job in order to pay bills. I would recommend this job for someone working another job already or to a high school/college student.
Pros
Worker card to get 50% off of items
Cons
More of a starting out job
Fun, Happy, Fast Pace
Jamba Juice Team Member (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 8, 2018
Working at Jamba Juice was pretty intense, you have to learn tons of values and sayings, you also have to take a test within 30 days of working there to make sure you know all the most popular smoothies.
Pros
free smoothie a day
Cons
have to yell every drink that gets ordered
Unhappy workplace
Jamba Juice Lead (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJune 8, 2018
I started at one location in which was shut down recently so I was transferred to a different store. Before the relocation a typical day included very friendly workers and customers. It was a happy environment all the way around. After the move, I was introduced to numerous amounts of new employees. They were upset that we were there. They call out more than acceptable, do not work up to their expectations, and are very unhappy people hence a very unhappy workplace. The job itself has taught me a lot though it was very poorly managed.
Pros
Free smoothies, food, etc. on your shifts. 50% discount on visits.
Cons
Poor workers
High-school job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 5, 2018
I worked at Jamba in high school and it was nice having some extra cash to play around with but this is not a "career" the pay is minimum wage. You only get paid more as a manager or team leader, but its only $12-14 hr, or was when i was working there. Lots of hard work cleaning and preparing during rush hours, which in LA is basically all the time. Really fun environment only if the rest of the team is fun and outgoing.
Pros
50% off food & drinks
Cons
10 minute breaks don't happen. but its the law so ask.
Great Job!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJune 4, 2018
Overall pretty fun job. Fast paced work environment but the training helps with all of that. Definitely recommend this job to college age students because they are usually super flexible with hours. this would also be a awesome first job for High school students, especially when it comes to getting your foot in the door to build your resume. Coworkers and overall management were awesome.
Pros
Discount, Flexible Hours
productive and fun
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJune 4, 2018
this was my first job it was great I loved the people and the manager was awesome I left because I was moving defiantly recomen working here you will have a family for life
Temporary job at school
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  State College, PAJune 4, 2018
I only worked at Jamba Juice part time while I was attending college so I'm not exactly clear on all of the benefits provided for full-time workers. The job wasn't difficult at all and my coworkers were very fun and energetic so work wasn't boring either. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with the orders during a rush, but even when I was stressed out I was still having fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jamba Juice. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

56out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jamba Juice.