Jani-King Employee Reviews for Store Owner

Good franchise to be part of
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  East Providence, RIMarch 19, 2019
I enjoyed my rol in the ownership of the Jani King Franchise, and I will recommend it to people. I decided to pursuit adult education and that is the reason I gave the business back.
Not for everyone
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 6, 2018
my husband and I were franchise owners but did not feel like owners we were treated like laborers for Janiking and we paid so many fees to them monthly that we lost so much money, we bought our own cleaners for most of the businesses and we couldn't afford to hire employees its rough!
Pros
Cons
our expenses
Busy Busy Busy
Franchise Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 30, 2018
Great opportunity for growth you just have to be ready. Fast paced contracted work and the clients are very interesting. if you are willing to bust your backside and invest your money I say go for it, Jani-King office staff are very supportive.
Pros
Earning potential and contracts schedules are flexible.
Cons
24 hour availability and some clients are a nightmare to please.
Great company to work with
Franchise Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  MarylandMay 22, 2018
I love jani king because I can schedule my own work hours. The management team is very professional and proactive. They are extremely good at finding business for the franchisees. You can set your goal to how much business you want and how much money you want to make and they will make it happen by offering you more and more business. So, you can grow really fast and make the amount of money you desire.
Shamima Ali
Pros
can grow very fast
make your own hours
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Broadview Hts, OHFebruary 16, 2018
As the owner you decide what kind of places you will work, you can pretty much decide what hours you will be working. You decide how much business you can handle and the sky is the limit.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
no cons
Jani-King is the best!
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 30, 2018
I have owned and operated a Jani-King franchise for the last nine years and it has completely transformed my life! I have the ability to make as much or as little as I want. I love being in control of my time and my earning potential. I could see doing this for the rest of my life!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No health benefits
good job
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 11, 2017
love being able to work my own competitive and individually motivated schedule. the opportunity to meet people and forge relationships is something I always relish and love.
Pros
own boss
Cons
hired help
Very low ball contract cleaning, oversold franchises
Franchise Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 27, 2017
Starting out, Jani King is good about finding you initial customers for your business. Over time, you are expected to find your own.
Cutthroat atmosphere due to the office over selling franchises. A lot of initial business is contracts being reassigned from other owners. Also, their contract pricing never took into account inflation or gas prices.
At the time, the office had a way of offering you contracts that were priced so low the only way to make any money was to be your own employee. Not something I could see doing full time because of this, however, I would say it might be good for someone looking to make a little extra money a month.
Pros
Customer focused, good training, good part time business.
Cons
Profit margins are brutal. low ball contracts
great place to work
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAJuly 6, 2017
You get out of Jani King what you put in they have a hard working sales team, wonderful admin dept and always someone willing to help you just have to ask.
Franchisee
Franchise Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 23, 2017
As a franchisee I enjoy receiving the additional accounts offered, having a local office to contact and meeting the other franchisees. I also love providing superb care to all of my accounts and being able to make the type of money I want with a well-known and reputable organization.
Pros
Being A Business Owner
Cons
N/a
Easy work
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  JAX, FLApril 9, 2017
Don't turn down any contracts at the beginning because that will wave the first part of contract. They have 90 days to find your work. But once you turn down work then the 90 days is waved because technically they did find it.
Pros
Extreme Flexibly
Cons
Hard to find workers, No vacation unless you have someone to go clean the building for you, Dealing with contracts dont expect your money to come on time all the time because it doesn't, Some people will have small complaints that will be like are serious, Just be prepared for that, They will be calling you for small complaints, You will have some bad contracts throughout the deal, Take the good with the bad, Oh yeah and you better learn how to do taxes otherwise youll end up owing every year
I learn to run a cleaning company.
Franchise owner (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 19, 2017
I learn to run a company with franchice training.

work place culture good.

management training good.

not a hard job.

fun working and many accounts.
Pros
Cons
I would take thom when i had time.
Lots of hard work if you enjoy being independent and success depends on you.
Franchise Owner and Operator (Former Employee) –  Charelston SCFebruary 1, 2017
Overall Company could use some changing but before purchasing; talk with a current franchise owner. You have long hours and have to stay motivated but you can be successful if you're careful and driven.
Pros
independence
Cons
independence
overall good place to work
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 7, 2016
I don't like how hey attach finders fee's to the accounts they help you find. Their franchisee fee's are really expensive for the bigger accounts. Management is good with the franchisee's. I didn't like how some franchisee's turn in accounts and they punish the franchisee financially.
much traveling for contracts
franchise owner (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAAugust 26, 2015
I have not seen much profit.. Contracts are underbid. and the fees make it hard to see profit. Other than that I appreciate the experience
Commercial Cleaning
Franchise Owner (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OHMay 7, 2015
I am a franchise owner who performs commercial cleaning on my various accounts. I clean different accounts on the designated days.
Franchise costs
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2015
There are too many franchise fees associated with owning a franchise. Jani-King are amoung the most in the industry at over 20 percent.
Be your own boss
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 6, 2014
Negotiating contracts hiring employees learning how to run your own business.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Keep business making money
The crooks of jani king
JANITORIAL FRANCHISE OWNER AND OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 5, 2014
Jani king is a janitorial franchise that I bought and paid 20000.00 For. They promised $5000 in business each month. They go out to bid for buildings. They bid so low that you can not even make minimum wage for the work. They still get 20% before you see a dime.
Basically you pay to be a slave.
I had few accounts that I bid on my own they kept the ship sailing but hurricane katrina destroyed most of those buildings and that's when we stopped doing business as jani king franchisees.
Pros
Liability insurance
Cons
False promises
Good and helpful group to work with
Franchise owner (Current Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 18, 2014
A very helpful management team. The job has taught me all aspects of owing my own business from payroll to scheduling and customer service.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Franchise fees