Jani-King Employee Reviews

Great entey level job with very flexible hours, but not a stable environment for advancement.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 22, 2018
This position wasn't working for me because the company cut hours and cancelled certain contracts that we counted on to be our money-makers. I need stable and consistent work so that I am not worrying about how my bills will be paid.
Quickly pace & fun job
Janitorial Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Quickly pace job you can never be bored , also good staff members , security & managers always willing to help , Cowokers are also very friendly , also very easy to communicate with staff
Pros
Walkie-talkie to communicate easier
Cons
Tools not up to date
Bad Business
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 11, 2018
this place isnt a good place to work at from my experience and others that have worked in different areas. They are rude and don't flex their hours and think everything is on their time no matter what happens.
Pros
Cons
The whole job
Very productive job
FedEx Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDSeptember 9, 2018
This job helped me a lot by teaching me experiences of how to maintain organization through out employers. Also how to communicate with my teammates without any complications.
Not so great
Opeartions Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 7, 2018
Lots of promises that go unfulfilled. very cut throat place. your work is completely unnoticed unless its something bad then its your fault. wouldn't recommend anyone I like to work there.
Custodian- Sweeping (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKSeptember 5, 2018
You Scrubbed and repolished floors when the job was done you clocked out and went home not really much but it was a job that I liked. If I could go and work for them again I would but I am not in that state and or city anymore
Pros
good place to work
Cons
short handed and no benefits
Good Company working through restructuring
Client Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
Since my initial interview I knew the office was going through a restructuring process. I did not foresee it taking so long nor was I prepared to be released after 1 year of doing my best.
STUDENT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 26, 2018
Working at Jani-King is orientated, the coworkers are nice and helpful. They shows you how to work different types of equipment's. The coworkers would also explain how to handle different situations.
Ok
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 22, 2018
Basically it depends who you work for... It can be good but than depends on your management make sure they are who they say they are because they can turn on you for no reason
Great company to work with.
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 17, 2018
Company worked well around my school schedule. Great atmosphere, kind people, friendly/ welcoming place to be at. Days were pleasant, management along with others was great.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Quick paced neutral setting
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 15, 2018
Overall great job . Managers did not bother or care when numerous complaints about other housekeepers stealing from carts making a job impossible for others.
Pros
Took break when felt need to
Good Side Job
Floor Tech (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALAugust 14, 2018
Very peaceful just get the job done managers not stressful. Good work it's flexible can get good paying projects really good culture to work in no drama.
Would NOT recommend
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJAugust 5, 2018
Mgr would not give wage increase or title change that was well deserved.It is a number environment if you do not get the numbers required write up or termination.
Pros
close commute
Cons
stressful, no advancement, poor wage
It was nice and fast at first , lots of hours
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAAugust 4, 2018
Started losing business once a worker came back so being paid the most I was told they just couldn't afford to keep me on . Then it got to where we couldn't cash our checks bc something would go wrong it was just alot of unorganized stuff .
It’s a good learning experience when your young.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJAugust 4, 2018
Be a shark and know when to leave. You will be a star as long as you don’t mess up. The minute you do you are outed like you have the plague so be careful.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Corporate does not support properly
Productive and nice place to work
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 3, 2018
Jani king gets the job done and it's a fun place to work, the managers are very nice and time flew by, the managers have good attitudes and do not treat you bad lol
Need better management
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 31, 2018
Jani king need to do better by getting better management and pay their employees better than what they paying learn how talk to people and stop trying have sex with the girl because the management
A fun productive day in commercial janitorial.
Franchise Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJuly 31, 2018
A typical day at work is commercial cleaning offices, carpets, and stripping floors. I have learned how to bond customer relations with account holders and illustrate awesome management skills. The workplace culture varies depending the on the client's attitudes and work environment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unprofessional management from any account holders. The enjoyable part of the job that the work is not hard.
Everyday was a challenge due to whatever the situation would be.
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 28, 2018
A typical day at work was like a opening a box of crayons, you would never know what you would walk into, i've learned how to use a floor buffer ,wax floors and to work with people, using team work. Management was okay but was very crazy, different situations changed his or her attitude, happy one minute, then mean toward workers. The work place changed due to different buildings and areas , that might change due to big spaces to little spaces. you never know what you are walking into. The hardest part of the job for me was the way we had to clean around the people that was still at work and whenever we cleaned one area, we had to make sure to go back and check and see if they original workers didn't track up the floors or spilled anything that may cause a big issue for us. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the way it looked afterwards and getting done on time.... Because some nights we have gotten home real late, around 3-4 am due to the help we may have, some people may not be able to show up.
Pros
Every week pay and the job is how you make it.
Cons
Short minute breaks, traveling distances, different work tactics
Ok company
Stadium maintenance (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 23, 2018
Very good company very quick to hire when asked for employment. Very nice staffing again. Would refer you to work along with next season if you wanted.
Pros
Very good, and funny employer
Cons
Very cold sometimes