Janitorial Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Cynderella Cleaning Service (Former Employee) –  sylveMarch 24, 2019
I had to dust mop all hallways plus the cafeteria. I also had to auto scrub each hallway, cafeteria included. I had to sweep/blow off blower the front entrance of the school.
Cons
short breaks
Great Place to Work
N/A (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 14, 2019
It's a great place to work but there are a few bad apples that need to go. If that happened, it would be an AMAZING place to be everyday. Overall, it's somewhere I would like to be long term.
Do not waste your time
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHDecember 30, 2018
Started job with many promises of raises and advancement opportunities. Worked in extremely hazardous areas. Little protection provided. Worked overtime consistantly due to the high rate of turn over. Never received a raise after being promised 3 different advances. Management was too concerned with themselves and their drama to care about staff.
Cons
Often couldn't take breaks or lunches
not fun
Janitor (Former Employee) –  cleveland, ohioAugust 20, 2018
they was disrespectful and talk to people like garbage. I cleaned and they was not happy. accused me of leaving garbage on cart. they didn't care if it was cold or hot. they didn't care if it rained or not.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
wasn't worth it
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHFebruary 5, 2018
when i first started working for jsi I thought I was gonna be making some what of a decent pay check, but as I went on I'll come to realize that that I wasn't getting paid for the amount work I did. They did give me a job and I'm grateful for it but now I'm ready to find something better.
Pros
easy to get in
Cons
doesn't pay enough for the amount of work we do.
job was perfect/also co-workers, awesome
Disable/part-time cleaner (Former Employee) –  Boston Height/ OHNovember 26, 2017
My daily chores was just like at home/more detail than I expect, yet
able to get in and out, co-workers work in harmony, greatly. The hardest and enjoyable what learning how to clean restroom in full details/feel confidence about my work/well done. Able to help others when needed/teamowork.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
What a Mess !!
Hard Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake County, OHMarch 8, 2017
The Area Manager had no idea what she was doing, and did not know the locations and pay for each job advertised. The main office HR Manager was just as clueless. I have no idea how they keep their contracts. Huge turnover, lack of communication, and awful pay.
Great for partime job
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJanuary 9, 2017
I loved it there. I worked for them in Akron, but I give the job security 2/5 because JSI is a contracted company. If they lose a contract to a building they are working in, then you most likely lost your job unless they find something else for you.
Pros
U have 1 30min break if working part-time
Easy work
Cleaning Technician (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 3, 2017
I work for JSI. And I am happy with my part time job. The site I work at is beautiful and plesent..not a hard job. But need more money. I am happy..
Pros
Can have my car work on by a tech.
Work is very demanding
Building Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 12, 2016
Steady work when one is willing to work hard. The boss is willing do get his hands dirty to keep his buildings up to high standards.
Pros
always payed on time or early.
Cons
Part time position so no benifits
unproductive and unorganized
Housekeeper/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJuly 21, 2016
One of the worst places to work. Business Personnel are very disrespectful. They were very unorganized and out of place. I wouldn't reccommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Staff
Fun Workplace
Part-Time/Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHOctober 7, 2015
A great job for parttime lots of overtime work justt come and clean and leave mke sure your area is clean and spotless nothing left
A good place to learn janitorial skills in diverse environment
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OhioSeptember 24, 2015
A typical day involved me preparing my cart with the right supplies for a smooth day. I would thoroughly clean areas while following proper safety procedures.
Productive work place, cleaning several buildings
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Very easy laid back work
I learned how to properly clean a building
My managers are awesome
I have great co0workers who are all team players
The hardest part about this job is the pay is not good enough for me.
The most enjoyable part is this job is very flexible
Good solid company and workplace
Manager Darren Cartwright (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2015
I did work in collecting trash and vacuum. The typical day was me coming into work and grabbing my cart with all the things I needed to complete my task for that day.
Good solid company and workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  8555 Sweet Valley Dr. Ste H, Cleveland, OHJanuary 1, 2015
My typical day at was clock in and grab my trash can with all my supplies and go up to the ninth floor. I would go to the kitchen part of the floor I'm on and empty the trash cans and do the same for all the trash cans in the offices.
The thing I learned the most was how to clean properly and finding the good in everything.
I loved the management at JSI.
My co-workers were hard-working people and good friends.
The hardest part of my job was learning new machines or equipment.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that it had a family vibe and the management had the employees back 100 percent.
Pros
Don't work weekends and holidays.
Cons
Short breaks
Nice and Stricked
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMay 7, 2014
First i would get my cart ready by making sure all of my suppiles are on it. Then I would start on the ninth floor working my way down. I start every bathroom the same. First I would pull the trash. Then I would wipe down all the toliets and urinals. Then the mirrors. Then the sinks. Then wipe all the stainless steal. Then sweep and mop.
Organized envoirment with orderly values
Floater (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHMay 15, 2013
A typical day at work consist of unloading/reloading trash, sweeping and buffing floors, detailing assigned areas of the building, and working with chemicals. While working with J.S.I I learned how to use a floor buffer, better organization skills, and time management. My co-workers were dedicated and humble which help make the experience more comfterable. The hardest part of the job used to be kitchen duty, but after getting into the flo of it i found it simple. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing i did a good job on whatever task was assigned to me.
Pros
Breaks, Nice co-workers, Food and drinks
Cons
4 hours a day(short)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Janitorial Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.