Janitronics Employee Reviews

A good job, there is always respect within the team.
Maintenance Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 10, 2018
janitronics is a maintenance company, it is a very good company with an excellent team, I am looking for another job because I need more hours and a better salary.
Pros
It is a good job and your team is excellent.
Cons
I need more hours and more salary.
There really nothing bad about this job
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYSeptember 19, 2018
This job is just what a person needs if they need a job that is slow-pace and steady. I love the places they put me. The crew is always friendly and helpful.
Glens Falls team are terrible to work with
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYSeptember 18, 2018
This job isn't suitable to work around your children's school schedule, you work from 8am to who knows! Getting out of work around 6pm-7:30pm when families are getting their children ready for bed isn't what's best especially for single parents. Glens Falls teams are nothing but backstabbing and full of drama! Who wants to bring that home? Definitely not recommending this to job to anyone!
Pros
FT Monday-Friday job
Cons
Unreliable hours & stressful environment
The Job is fine, the management is not
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJuly 17, 2018
The job is not that bad if you can get the pace down. There is no training of the job so you have to spend the first few weeks figuring it on on your own (you will get in trouble for missing things) and the manager will tell you that you can sleep on the job. They lied when they hired me about what time the job was (said it was an overnight job and it is an evening job). You will be expected to work the other open positions on top of your own (again no list or training on expectations) but with out extra hours to compensate for the extra work. This seems to be due mostly to the Manager and has caused my coworkers to leave within the first week of starting.
not managed properly
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 17, 2018
this company fired me based on something I did not do and although I tried to show proof of the accusation also the coworkers were very unhelpful and unwilling to show me how to do the job I did
Pros
good hours and able to work on my own
Cons
low pay, poor managment
Not For Everyone
Cleaner/Janitorial (Former Employee) –  VermontJuly 11, 2018
Job was good, but management was terrible. It seemed that the ideas on paper made sense, but when applied, it was all very sloppy. They will pay you for work, but don't really care if you stay or go.
Pros
Some benefits after 90 days
Cons
Management is very sloppy
You work at your own pace and you dont have people working with you.
Lewis Cleaning service (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 13, 2018
It's great workplace if you like working alone at your own pace. You learn how to keep building clean. Your management should b team leader. The hardest part of the job is rushing your job and missing things you didn't see.
Pros
You don't work long hours.
Cons
You don't work enough hours.
support help
Protocol Officer (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 11, 2018
Supported and helped all modules in cleanroom, 5S, security, and safety. Documented all violations and excursions that occurred. As protocol we never cleaned anything, we verified cleanliness of materials and tools being brought into cleanroom.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Healthcare
Clean very good.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 28, 2018
Make sure the garbage cans are clean, take all the garbage out. Vaccum floors. Help other coworkers. Cleand very good and leave no dust. Use aprove cleaning products.
Love my manager and the people that I work with.
Restroom Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rensselaer, NYMay 18, 2018
A typical day at work is not so fast-paced, no one is hovering over you when working, as long as you get your job done and correct. Depending on the job title one has, there may be certain expectations to get the job done in an orderly pace.
Pros
Raises every 6 months(dependent on which location you work), flexibility.
very quiet working environment
House keeping (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMay 7, 2018
I was only working about 3-4 hours a day since I was a full-time student. I didn't feel comfortable working at this place because the working environment was very distractive.
Pros
Nothing positive
Cons
No benefit
Awesome company!
Light Duty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 7, 2018
I loved working with management and my team. We worked as a team. We were productive and relaxed. There was always something to do. The only overwhelming thing was when half the staff called in sick, but it was still doable and enjoyable because our team was good.
Pros
Good hours, good management, good team.
Horrible Comany, employee turn over is bad
Light & Heavy Duty Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 26, 2018
Will never recommend this place. You will be treates as a number and when they feel like they no longer need you they will find many ways to get rid of you.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYApril 1, 2018
I do my job and what needs to be done advancement is hard and raises aren't there I feel communication between management is difficult and that staff needs more training and appreciate the good workers supplies aren't an issue but when something isn't right it comes back on you more and more is required of staff but nothing given my staff wants to be dealt with fairly and someone to show them more training would like to see my bosses more and wish some of out equipment used could be better other than that it's a job that keeps my bills paid and a job
Pros
People I work with
Cons
No communication
It was a learning experience
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 28, 2018
A typical day usually started out as being very busy, getting my team started, work orders. I learned about big company culture/politics. The management was generally very good, training, new concepts. The workplace culture was trying at times. We were a contract company. The hardest part of my job was terminating an employee for various reasons. I always had to stop and wonder if I did all that I could do with an employee to help them along so that terminating could have been avoided. The best part of my job was to experience the loyalty my team showed me when they were performing their tasks and or when there were issues.
Pros
Being able to work independently without much supervision or guidence
Cons
I did not have much in the way of company support
Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYMarch 21, 2018
Overall bad job. You are always expected to do your job and others. There are never any consequence or repercussions for the lazy people. In fact it almost seems as if they get better treatment. Very quick to throw you under the bus, try to low ball you in pay, and the gossip is beyond ridiculous for a corporate company. Felt like I was in high school again with the cliques. There is no consideration for anybody's feelings. They will work you until they can't anymore and then move onto the next person they can over work. Sneaky and careless management. It's all about the dollars with this company and they will lie to you to literally save pennies. They way over charge the customer and do a half asked job. Floor guys only use water. Chemical is rarely used. They over charge the customer in hours to make a bigger profit and tell managers to tell employees the hours are less than what they actually are to make a few extra dollars. They will "make your life miserable until you want to quit" so they don't have to fire you and challenge unemployment claims. Beyond conniving, malicious, scandalous, and two faced. You can dedicate all your hard work and time into this company and the second they don't find you as useful as they once did they will treat you as if you never did a thing.
Pros
Never checked on/ nobody breathing down your neck
Cons
Lazy, greedy, careless, deceiving, cheap, overworked, sneaky.
Work
Aetna (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 20, 2018
It's a good place to work they work with you on hours and they work with you when you need help I love working there in the past I can see my self working there again
Terrible company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 16, 2018
Managers have there favorites employee if they want to get rid of you they will find a way there are a lot of informants in this company.they don’t have the proper equipment when a customer wants there carpets done they have the employee just use water only they don’t use solutions this company is a joke.
Pros
Cons
Managers
On My Own
Office Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYMarch 10, 2018
I have no issues about the job. Its fast paced but have time to do what I have to. I don't normally take a break but that's just me. If I wish to sit for 15 minutes I can. I know what has to be done & love that I don't have a boss breathing down my neck. As long as I do the job right, as I said, I'm left alone. Owners are fine even when you mess up. Great job for someone looking for part-time work. Nice group of people I work with. Plan on sticking around. Hopefully when I prove myself I can look forward to a raise!!!
Pros
Nice people with the Janitorial service & company I clean for, also I don't have someone breathing down my back.
Cons
Driving in the winter & shirts are to heavy
Eh
Cleaner on-site at Globalfoundries in Malta, NY (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 10, 2018
Stressful to work with people who don't want to work. If you have any type of moral being do not work here. Pay really stinks. No time off the first year, and after that its only 1 week for 3 years that you get.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, Coworkers, Management has hands tied.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Janitronics. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.0InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.0Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight