Janney Montgomery Scott LLC Employee Reviews

Great people!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2018
Great mentoring and ERG programs.
Medical coverage a little pricey.
Lack of compensation structure; skewed and inconsistent.
Good voluntary benefits.
Too many Leadership Blindspots.
Pros
Convenient Center City location
Cons
Unequitable compensation
People were nice but management was poor
Corporate Actions Analysis /Dividends Analysis (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 7, 2018
It was very fast pace and management did not care about the workers, They were very clickish and played favoritism to certain people. First place I ever worked for where they complained if people worked to clean items up on their own time. This was because they feared law suites from HR from prior employees.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
EXcellent Place to work
Investment Broker (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJFebruary 23, 2018
I worked as an Institutional Fixed Income salesman for 10 years at Janney Montgomery Scott LLC. It is a great Regional Brokerage firm and is expanding locations throughout the US. They have about 800 registered brokers on staff. The firm offers a full menu of Equity and Fixed Income products for Individual investors and Institutions.
Pros
Many products to sell
Cons
not much account availability
Janney Montgomery Scott
Operations (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 10, 2018
Janney Montgomery Scott overall is a great company to jump start your career in the financial industry. I would recommend taking full advantage of the opportunity, i.e. passing the series 7.
Pros
flexible
Cons
Salary
Turn around and find somethine else
Service Desk Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 19, 2017
This place literally had a revolving door and for good reason. They hire people on contract with promises of being FTE and actually getting the salary they deserve but ensure that you never make it that far.
Fun , loving environment. Respectful and treated like a person . Was able to meet a lot of people and talk to people all over the world..
Trader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Janney was a fun loving caring work place. I was treated fairly and treated like a person not a number. I had a great group of co workers that all supported and covered for each other if need be. I would recommend anyone who is looking to work in a fast paced environment and loves to meet and talk to various people throughout the day to apply for janney.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits.. flexible if you have issues outside of work they work with you .
Cons
No lunch breaks
Collaborative team learning environment.
Summer Intern (Current Employee) –  Osterville, MASeptember 6, 2017
Work is never the same thing every day, its constantly changes as you acquire more and more clients. I learned all about trading securities, analyzing stocks, bonds, and mutual fund performances. I learned how to propose portfolios with the correct asset allocation for clients who either wanted a more goal focused portfolio or if they wanted to leave another firm to hold assets with us. Hardest part of the job is just keeping everything you have to do per day organized and prioritized. Keeping people calm during financial crisis or times of uncertainty is also a challenge. Most enjoyable part is getting close with the clients and being more than just a financial planner, but a friend as well.
Janney Montgomery Scott
Design Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2017
Great place to work. The environment was open and friendly and provided a chance to feel comfortable working with others. The days weren't as stressful and there was a good pacing of work throughout the day.
Sr. Private Client Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PA 17601June 27, 2016
I would call clients to follow up to see if they have any questions regarding their portfolio. I would open and close accounts, process all paperwork, set up meetings and seminars, answer the phones, run reports and excel spreadsheets and much more Administration work.
NO room for advancement
PCA (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 20, 2016
Stuffy blue suit type of place. Don't like smart people, that think for themselves.Very difficult to move ahead, Not a progressive company.
Strong Investment Firm Est. 175+years ago.
Accounts Payable Associate, Accounts Payable Dept (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 1, 2015
Great place to work. Direct commute, good public transportation.
company located in downtown Philadelphia. Great places to eat.
Historical sites and great shopping.
Pros
Good hours 9-4
Cons
monthend/year end closing. Stressful
Fast paced
Intern (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYOctober 15, 2014
I gained valuable market experience by learning trading transactions for prospectus product. I learned how to develop and maintain client relationships utilizing various marketing techniques
Pros
experiance
Cons
Intern position
Great enviroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 12, 2014
Got a real taste of how hard you have to work to make it in the financial advisement business. Great learning experience and would recommend it my peers.
Nice office to work at with nice people
Senior Vice President, Investments (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYMarch 22, 2013
Large company with some benefits. Reveiw all news before work. Call clients and prospects to genarate commissions on a daily basis. Make new contacts and sell, sell and sell. Became insurance lisenced and generated large commissions from it.
Pros
lunch annd dinner from insurance companys and mutial funds. some benefits
Cons
company cut payout of commission 4 times in the 7 years i was there.
Worked in mail room
OFFICE SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 25, 2012
Delivered mail did the banking for company the best part of my job was interacting with coworkers and helping to get jobs down in a timely manor.