Jarden Employee Reviews

Management was bad
Laborer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Hueytown, ALMay 29, 2019
Jarden was tough, but needing a job at the time I had to take it until something better came. Being a hard, fast learning worker I excelled but remained a temporary employee with no benefits or insurance. I got hurt and was poorly taken care of, left with nothing but hospital bills.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Bad pay for the work
Plant Management is a joke
Worker (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNMay 24, 2019
It's all about how much you brown nose the Plant Manager then how well you do your job. Controller is useless and will be one of the reasons why the Plant closes.
Productive & fun place of employment
Line worker & Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 21, 2019
It was a relaxed atmosphere unless one of the machines break down. The people were nice especially the manager I had. The weekly payments were good but I recommend more pay.
Pros
Break time was reasonable, employees were cool
Cons
Low pay
Push yourself for non-competitive wages
Packer (Former Employee) –  Wilton, MEMay 12, 2019
They switched to 12 hour shifts. You work 4 days one week 3 days the next but they split up the days off. 2 on 2 off 3 on 2 off 2 on 3 off. Should just be 4 on 3 off 3 on 4 off. You get a "10 minute" break every 2 hours but they count the time it takes you to walk to/from the break room so you actually only get about 5 minutes. Lunch is only 20 minutes which isn't much time for anything. They don't give the 30-consecutive-minute break after working 6 hours which is required by Maine labor laws. They expect you to push yourself to keep up with the ridiculous speed of the machines but they don't pay competitive wages. All they care about is production and numbers. They disregard ergonomics, they don't care about and the health and safety of their employees, and they don't care about the quality of their work. They package plastic cutlery but employees are required to grab the cutlery by the head to break the utensils off of the racks. Broken fork in the box? Meh. Cutlery missing? Who cares. Package not closing properly? Too bad. Just. Keep. Up. So many employees getting frustrated trying to keep up: swearing, getting aggravated, throwing/slamming stuff, and I understand why. I can say one thing for sure, after seeing the way the cutlery is handled, I'm never buying plastic cutlery again and I will try my best to avoid ever using them again.
Nice Company to work
Sr. Regulatory and Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 22, 2019
Jarden is a nice company to work with excellent people. Work environment is very friendly and organized. I will like to work with them in the future..
It’s a Job
Packaging/Assembly/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 18, 2019
I liked the job. I only worked there for 3 months and I was making 8.25-8.50$ an hour and got an increase to 9.00$ and an upper position. The work was very easy to me which I caught on very easily. Just not good enough pay to pay the bills. If you’re experienced with YEARS YEARS of work like the Mechanics that come fix the machines and don’t do much work around then you’ll be making more than a 1000 weekly . Some people were nice and some were mostly of drama. Of course the women mostly. Managers were great . If you get the right group team to work with then you’re all good .
Pros
Noticed for your work
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare
Jarden Culture
Administrative / HR (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 8, 2019
Working for Jarden was a major stepping stone in my career. The culture was unlike any I had experienced. It was an amazing place to work, grow, and build friendships.
management was solely focused on short term gains
MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cloquet, MNMarch 31, 2019
Company was primarily focused on buying and selling smaller businesses for profit. Worked at a location that was not considered core to the business so the company closed operations, laid off the employees and sold off the assets.
Fast paced work environment
Instruct staff (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 22, 2019
Very fast paced work environment. It is a very seasonal job, and hours can fluctuate during different seasons of the year. The salary is a little below average
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Seasonal
An Incredible Experience
Fresh Preserving Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INMarch 17, 2019
This was the best internship I could have asked for. I received lots of mentorship, time with executive leadership, autonomy on my own projects, and invaluable work experience. I was paid well and I learned a lot.
Pros
Mentorship
Cons
Culture changed after my internship due to acquistion
jarden zinc overall
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Greeneville, TNMarch 15, 2019
i loved working at jarden zinc. other than being laid off, i would still be working there. i love the people from production to maintenance to supervisors
Relaxed atmosphere with great employees
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, TNMarch 7, 2019
A typical day at work was easy going without a single sweat broke. Being moved everyday allowed me to experience different steps in the hair clipper process.
Pros
Air conditioned
Cons
Short breaks
Great
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INMarch 3, 2019
Jarden is a great company to work for. They are very flexible and can be caring. The products they make a amazing. The culture is not a good mix. That is the sad thing.
fast moving job
OPERATOR II (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INFebruary 5, 2019
fast moving, constantly covering others for breaks ., average pay for work, standing all day, work not difficult or that physically demaning, but you are on your feet for a 12 hour shift in steel toes. breaks are exactly 15 and 30 . usually overtime avaiable
Pros
overtime
Cons
high turnover, micro management
MACHINE OPERATOR LEVEL 4 (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 9, 2019
Good learning experience. Learn to work with multiple machinery, quality control, and fork lift driving. Manageable hours and voluntary overtime. Also shipping and recieving experience.
Life balance / very flexible
Credit and Collections Lead (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJanuary 5, 2019
company was very flexible, working from home was very helpful at times. Discounts are pretty good. The team was great we all got along and worked towards being the best in our positions.
Pros
Free fresh fruit
Cons
Newell making changes not good for Jarden employees
Horrible place to work; employees are disposable
Accounts Payable Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSDecember 17, 2018
This company steadily reduced employee benefits with each buyout, and now have the worst culture of anywhere I've worked. There is no such thing as job security or advancement, and they prefer to get rid of long-time workers to hire college grads for much less. The hardest part of this job was knowing that whatever work I did would be undervalued even while credit would be taken for the work by those above me. Management operates on whim and mood, intentionally keeping relevant information (like what time you'll get off on supposed early days) from employees just to play games. I did learn to write code, and that was a lot of fun, but they continued to pay me as a low-level clerk even while 50% of my time was spent coding. This is a company that would rather hire multiple people to replace one, rather than give the one employee a deserved raise or promotion.
Pros
you got a paycheck
Cons
hostility from upper management, contempt for employees
Productive and fast paced job
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 16, 2018
Job requires knowledge on machinery and basic preventive maintenance checks and services. Must keep up with production or get ahead. Job is very fast paced.
I work at jarden for about 7or9 day temp serv.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVDecember 13, 2018
I've never work as asleeping inspector it a good job for I was working coming out prison it was blessings to log for pay check ,a job is good thing for me it set me up for the future amen.
Pros
It was a dependable job amen.
Cons
I was their long to get this good stuff......
wonderful place to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INDecember 12, 2018
I worked 5pm - 5am, I unloaded and loaded finished and raw products to be shipped different places for customers. Th e job was really time consuming but wasn't to hard to do.
Pros
3 breaks