Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry Employee Reviews

Do not work for this company cant trust management and core values of company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 12, 2018
TrIaning horrible. Threate
S to employees by management favoritism with employees with manager managers have no respect for each other and what say training by employees not.managers poor guidiance with managers cant trust manager threatens and dm s for what thay say knowledge about jewelry poor they pysh credit and waurentees not jewelry expectations to high and hr go between not really looking i to situations employees dont want legit or not corporate right employee wrong be on guard. To learn about how not to be treated go to work for this corporation. Treat employees badly unless produce than king for a day no respect management short term pkay to get pay xheck for awhole okay be on guard
Pros
Not realy depends on manager youwork with
Cons
No respect and employees get written up if not sellung with all other others push
unrealistic goals
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PADecember 3, 2018
High pressure job with unrealistic goals.Managment showed favoritism toward the young, scantilly dressed girls.I would not recommed Jared the Galleria of Jewelry to anyone.
It was an okay position
REPAIR LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 28, 2018
Not much Commission but you do get hourly. Your on your feet all day, i ts a good temporary job for the holidays because you do get a really good discount on jewelry.
Pros
50%off discount!
Cons
30 min lunch breaks
shark tank
PANDORA Specialist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 15, 2018
everyone was out for themselves and the customers suffered for it. very fake people work there that are down right mean. they bully and mistreat their peers.
Great life experience
Diamond department manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MANovember 13, 2018
Taught me to be an assertive adult. Must be great at sales. If lacking in confidence, one's job is not guaranteed. Would recommend to great sales people. If someone is unable to deal with what we in the retail game call "sharks," you will not survive here.
Pros
Minimum of 30 min breaks every 5 hours
Cons
Low commission
What a moron
None (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJNovember 9, 2018
I went for an interview today, and as an experienced salesperson who has sold luxury homes in excess of $500,000, and total sales in the millions, was told I don’t have experience in selling. Okay. That’s all you need to know about the moron that runs this place.
Long hours, little business, less caring
Jewelry Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PANovember 8, 2018
I cannot recommend working for this company. I was out of work on disability and fired while out. The company then tried to say that I left voluntarily. When I was there, the atmosphere was less than pleasurable and business was worse. The daily quotas are unreachable as are the monthly commissions. The commission rate is extremely low and there is no incentive to work any harder than you have to.
Pros
Good employee discounts
Cons
Too many to write
Good Company, Needs better Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 3, 2018
The company is great, fun place to work, employees are nice. When it came to management they didn't know how to run a store, and did not treat their employees the right way.
fun place to work
Jewelry specialist (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, IN 46545October 29, 2018
great place to work, great management . face paced at times.discount on merchandise . constantly learning new things . lots to learn but given all the needed tools .
Middle Management
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COOctober 23, 2018
Don't expect the DM level to do anything in a store. Promotion from within is non existent. Promotion is based not on performance or experience. Too many hours for low bonus structure.
Bottom Line Concern, Whatever It Takes
Diamond Specialist, Certified Diamontologist (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLOctober 22, 2018
While Assistant Manager at Kay Jewelers in Nashville, TN, I asked for a transfer of employment to Florida, thus Jared, The Galleria of Jewelry. The parent company is Signet Jewelers, for both these chains, as well as other jewelry stores; i.e., Zales, Piercing Pagoda, etc.

Jewelry sales has not been a career that I desire as my employment, rather I branched out into this field only just for additional knowledge. My true career and desire has always been executive support, mainly legal and medical fields. I have been self-taught on computer and several software programs.

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY LONGEVITY IN MY CAREER IS ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT AND SUPERVISORY. I am not married - live only with my dog - and would love the opportunity to travel, work from home, or return back to an office scenario. Because of this, I am hesitant to rate my last employments, as they both are NOT the area of longevity in my career.
Pros
Beautiful Jewelry, Employee Discounts
Cons
Management Style, Management Hierarchy
great job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 22, 2018
Management training
Sold over $500000 in jewelry sales per year Sales and upselling Display setup Presentation and demonstration of products Dedicated and enthusiastic Detail oriented
Worked as the dedicated high-end sales associate.Increased revenue by 30 percent within the first six months on the job.Helped create a new display method to entice more buyers. Achieved a promotion to Lead Jewelry Sales
Pros
discount
Cons
competition
Supporting Roles at Jared
Inventory Control/Repair Liaison (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 15, 2018
I truly enjoyed by job duties at Jared, and met a lot of awesome people during my time there! I imagine Jared is not a bad place to work for a salesperson. Those who work in supporting roles (i.e. anything other than sales) were tragically underpaid due to the fact that eligibility for raises was based solely on sales. My role was to open and close cash registers, prepare financial controls, intake and ship merchandise, intake, check, and release repair jobs, clean jewelry for customers, and support the sales team by welcoming customers and ringing up orders. I was required to give any customers away to available sales staff, and was not entitled to any portion of a sale in spite of any support I provided, even if I had assisted the customer from start to finish. This meant that in the years that I was there, in spite of performing my job extremely well according to my boss, I was never eligible for a raise.
Fun place to work
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Crystal Lake, ILOctober 9, 2018
Excellent company to work for and great benefits. It was a fun environment with great people. Also had great vacation benefits. Also a lot of vacation time.
Pros
great hours
Cons
short lunches
Great assortment
SalesDepartment Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLOctober 1, 2018
Working at Jared for 10 years was a great experience. Incredible assortment, repair and custom design workshop on the premises allowed for quick sales to happen and to create unique jewelry for our customers.
Pros
great training program
Good Place to Work
Porter (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WISeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed the people I worked with. The atmosphere was nice. My supervisor was excellent. I kept my position as the number one priority to do the work assigned to me and my co-workers appreciated it. I was essentially in a support position.
Pros
Good People
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORSeptember 17, 2018
If you love jewelry, it's a fun place to work. Meeting new and old customers. Being proud of the pieces of jewelry offered to sell. This is a great place to start a selling career. You learn about the sales process, customer service, and conflict resolution.
Pros
Great jewelry selection
Cons
low pay for a high end jewelry store
Fun Job with little pay.
Time Piece Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTSeptember 17, 2018
I never made nearly as much as they said I would. They were constantly reorganizing the commission structure and not to the employees benefit. It made it difficult to be happy in sales when the compensations was so low.
it's strong company
Jewelry and Timepiece Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 6, 2018
I liked working at Jared. There was ample opportunity to improve. Training workshops and certification programs are frequently offered. Strong management and fair policies.
Awesome!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXSeptember 5, 2018
I loved working for Jared the Galleria of Jewelry. Even though I started working during the holidays and training was minimum they made sure to help me later on when I had questions about certain policies. AWESOME MANAGEMENT!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight