Jason's Deli Employee Reviews

Found 1,006 reviews matching the search See all 1,008 reviews
You get to meet a lot of interesting people daily.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2018
This place has worked well with my schedule. There is always room to grow in the company. I do think there needs be better pay and better raises. It is over all a nice place to work and an easy job.
Pros
Employee discount, slightly flexible schedules, paid vacations
Cons
Sometimes too much work for the pay
Overworked Underpaid
Order Taker/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 21, 2018
When I applied, I did so with the intent of being a delivery driver. They put me as a cashier. It got to a point where I was doing other people’s job for them while they stood there and did nothing. They had me manintaning the salad bar, running food out to customers, taking orders, taking deliveries, cleaning tables and all of that was in one shift. They started scheduling me from 7AM to 9PM, 14 hours of running back and forth to only get paid 8.50. There were people there who did a lot less work than I did and they started off at 12.50.
Great company to grow with.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 20, 2018
I started off as a table busser and then within a year I was promoted to catering and delivery manager. The teamwork and vibe you get by working there is great. The pay is good and they work with your schedule.
Happy place to work at and the food is great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
Great company to work for, the leadership is very well, the raises are absolutely awsome.. The restaurant is very clean and the employees are great.. The food is awsome.
Average Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 15, 2018
The Pros:

The shifts are short
There's free food each shift
The hours are steady
Flexible with scheduling

The Cons:

The managers are overworked and it reflects in their job performance and treatment of employees.
terrible management and lazy workers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Not much more to say than what is said in the review summary. Management has their favorites, and the favorites take advantage and do literally the bare minimum, which leaves others to pick up the slack. Luckily, as a driver, I was rarely in store to have to deal with the drama.
Pros
Free meal for every shift
Cons
Drama, lazy workers
Not what I expected
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Pro's
- Fantastic food
- You have a ton of amazing employees that work very hard and are dedicated to their jobs
- Fast paced environment that is challenging but can be fun when you're staffed correctly
- I learned a lot about managing people and running a business

Con's
- Work life balance is an issue
- Not a single extra day off outside of vacation time. Even Christmas is counted as one of your two days off that week.
- Upper management doesn't seem to care about the employees or managers in the stores
rude employer's
Order Taker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 11, 2018
At Jason's deli we only work about 2-3 hours a day 4 days a week, bully managers, poor examples for employees. no team work at all. rude employees, write ups for reasons that don't make any sense what so ever.
Pros
free food after every shift
Cons
short breaks, rude emplyers
Very productive, always doing something.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 11, 2018
A typical day at work is counting till, stocking up everything before we open, and taking orders for customers. On busy days the cashiers are required to also bring food out to tables, clean off tables, and help put food etc. together for catering.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No breaks
Busser (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Always busy and not too demanding of a workplace. Good work flow with a clear plan and execution. Clear instructions with no overly complicated task to do.
Pros
Free meal
Higher Ups do not recognize, nor do they bother to recognize ones achievements
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 9, 2018
Working here could be fun at times, only with the employees, but after time, the deli would become this place where you regret working for. The work and life time was significantly unbalanced and the company doesn’t bother to try to understand
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Healthcare, Higher Ups
Fun people to work with & I love the customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 7, 2018
I loved working here , yes there were days were I wasn’t feeling it but I enjoyed my managers and coworkers, we made good food & I loved the regular customers ! I always built good relationships with them. Some days it really fast paced but it makes it exciting and time will go by fast, managers were super cool & I still have a good relationship with them even though I no longer work there. I love my deli family !
Pros
Great customers, great food, great coworkers, free drinks
Cons
Not enough pay
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 4, 2018
This was a great experience. I got experience with customer service. I learned the register and how to communicate better. I dealt with tough situation given me the ability to know more.
Pros
Relaxed workplace
Cons
Not enough money
Not the place to work if you don’t like always being short staffed
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCSeptember 4, 2018
Good job and loved the people. Not willing to cooperate with my school schedule too well though. And the managers always talked me out of putting in my two weeks but didn’t want to let me have a break to do homework in my 6 1/2 hour shift right after school.
Pros
Nice managers, relaxed.
Cons
Too many hours, underpaid for the work, unstaffed
Jason's Deli
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, AL 36608September 3, 2018
This isn't a great place to work. The management team is very rude!!!! The pay is not enough for all of the work that you are made to do. You are forced to do jobs that aren't legal.
Great Food made fresh daily
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOSeptember 3, 2018
There are NO benefits what so ever. This company does NOT give ANY employee breaks.. Managers work 10+ hours per day and NO break. Management is scheduled to close the restaurant and then turn around and open... leaving just 7 hours in between.
Pros
One Free meal
Cons
No breaks - no benefits {medical/dental that we pay for - only 7 hours between shifts for managers
Productive and very advanced place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 3, 2018
A typical day at work is always having a big order for catering.Customers are always happy and a large amount of hungry/excited customers ready to visit. What I have learned at Jason’s deli is how to manage such large catering orders of over 800 boxes and send them out for delivery. Management can have some slight issues with enforcing rules and regulations but overall and excellent working environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is always making the customer feel loved, at home and putting a smile on their face.
Pros
50% off food while on the clock and 25% off out of work
Cons
No breaks unless you have worked 8+ hours
Fun fast pace work environment
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
It’s a very nice place to work if you like to work with a lot of people and like to meet different people and see different things it’s very high volume.
Good job
Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaAugust 30, 2018
Good place to work. Can run you down if your staff isnt up to par. They treated me very well in my time there. Worked with me and my school schedule. I have nothing bad to say.
Great for going nowhere
Trainer, Driver, Baker (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 30, 2018
This is a job to take if you don't have many other options. There's no room for advancement, you'll work hard for little pay, and the benefits never seem to be within reach no matter how long you work there due to loopholes and paperwork mistakes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jason's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight