Jason's Deli Employee Reviews

Great food - quick paced environment.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXJune 17, 2018
Everyday was food prep / delivery and everything was quick! Every day there was more food to get ready as quickly as possible and food to be delivered (catering, personal delivery orders). One thing I learned was to double and triple check EVERYTHING. Since delivery-drivers were the last person that the customers see, we would be the ones that complaints were lodged against if anything was missing or incorrect. With the fast-paced environment it could be easy for someone preparing the order to miss something. Our store manager and assistant managers were always encouraging us to move quickly and keep the orders correct. Maintaining the balance between the two could make things stressful. The other downside of the job of delivery drivers was as soon as the main food-order rushes (morning catering and lunch) were over we would be tasked to do food prep and then sent home - inconsistent hours made the paycheck difficult. With the great food (at higher prices than typical fast-food), we usually had loyal customers that we got to know.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Low pay, inconsistent number of hours, fast pace
Fast pace working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 14, 2018
I loved coming into work everyday all because of the people I work with. The work came easy to me because I was used to it. The pay wasn’t enough to live.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Not enough pay
Fast paced and hands on.
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 14, 2018
Fast paced job that requires your undivided attention in order to accomplish your task.Hands on job that puts your multitasking skills to use and be a team player.
Pros
401k plan
Cons
Short breaks
It was a job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 13, 2018
Did this job so i could have some funds to try and survive this unforgiving world. It wasnt a terrible job but there were definitely dissagreements between me and the people i worked with.
Productive and flexible schedule
Worker (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 13, 2018
A typical day at work is typically busy but it makes the day go by faster. I learned how to work with multiple people at once while getting things done.Management is pretty chill they are always there to talk too and answer questions. The workplace culture is definitely diverse. The hardest part of the job is closing because you're doing is by yourself the most enjoyble part is feeding the customers and knowing you made something they like.
Pros
discounts
Cons
breaks only for doubles
Great Place to Work
Closing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 13, 2018
Once you learn the job and become familiar, most people become family. It's an excellent place for ambitious individuals seeking promotion opportunities as well. I went from being a part-time driver to assistant manager in just over a year and a half. If you work hard, it is very easy to succeed.
Pros
free manager meals, discounted employee meals, very friendly atmosphere, fun to work at at times
Cons
The hours can be brutal, especially on supervisors/managers. There is definitely a culture of growing from within, almost to the point that it is difficult for a new hire to get noticed quickly, the pay relative to work requirements doesn't seem adequate
Fast-paced, high stress, yet fun.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 12, 2018
Business was booming at the restaurant I worked at. The team worked hard, managers worked equally hard, and the customer-base is better than most. The job always had something needed to be done. Long work days as a manager...but what food industry-related management job doesn't. Loved the place.
Fun place to work, friendly
Waiter/Busser (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 12, 2018
I enjoyed working with different people. We would communicate about anything like friends. Jason's Deli had a dress code that we had to follow. I learned how to speak to people properly and I noticed I was a people's person.
Pros
50% on anything food, free drinks
typical day of work
Salad Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 12, 2018
It was a very fast-paced place , never a slow moment. KIds night was very stressful. The customers are rude and messy. Staff is okay. Food is excellent
Nice place with good managers
Order Taker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  League City, TXJune 12, 2018
Typical day would be to take orders from customers and bag and check to make sure they had all there items and then give it to them
I learned customer servie
management is flexible
relaxed culture
angry customers
the food
Pros
Food Discounts
Cons
short breaks unless on a double

Want to know more about Jason's Deli?

Ask a question
Learned much when opened three stores in Chicago market
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2018
Opened three locations in the Chicago market, long hours hiring training and opening but rewarding. Enjoyable part of work was when people that I hired developed and moved up in the company.
Pros
busy during lunch
Cons
not busy for dinner
Good but needs more crucial improvement
TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Waco, TX and Round Rock, TXJune 11, 2018
After working for almost 2 years, first off management needs improvement with attitude towards employees. this is relevant in both stores I was employed. Also employees should not work 2 or more positions because a manager thinks they can handle it. It is more work for employees just so labor can be saved. I understand this is for company profit but managers rudely shrug it off to you without any care, including scheduling and clock out times. The employee is scheduled to clock out at a certain time but most times are kept way above the desired time usually 30 minutes to even an hour and are still required to come back from break right on time. This means if your scheduled for break from 4-5 but end up clocking out at 4:30 due to hold ups and continuing business, you still need to come back at 5. no arguments. But if management is good and understanding of thier employees, it would be a great work environment for employees.
Pros
Half-off price on food during work hours and employees quickly become like family to you
Cons
Rude management is a big con across most stores I've experienced
A day at work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 9, 2018
Jason's deli was a good place to work in high school. It was a good part time job but not a place I would be working in the future. I had good managers.
Just a job !
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2018
Benefits were amazing ! Terrible management , rude and a bit unorganized. New management seems to have made a few improvements. Great first job overall.
A normal fast food job
Cashier, Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJune 6, 2018
As far as part-time fast food jobs go, Jason's Deli was better than some other places I've been. The managers were fairly understanding with time off and if you behaved respectfully, they would listen to any issues you had. However, the manager's desire for excellence took a toll on employee morale. It was very discouraging to be constantly trying your best and still being corrected on how to improve with little praise. This is normal for this type of job though. The bureaucracy of fast food management means that part-time employee's like me would reflect directly on the career of the general manager which would reflect on the district manager and so on which inevitably resulted in too much pressure for a job that was just a means to an end. Overall, Jason's Deli was a decent place to work for a struggling college student.
Jasons deli review
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
Working at Jasons deli is not the greatest but it is a job. I feel that management does not care about the people and that the way they run things is not the best.
Great Job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 4, 2018
Great when I was there. Then went to a new structured management change and starting form the top down it snowballed and effected a lot of great folks and there career paths!
Pros
Well organized coprporate structure
Cons
Management change
Deli
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 2, 2018
Management dont care about employees they only care about customers. They fail to understand that when employees are happy they work harder for you and management will always have happy customers. They also try there best to let you go home early because they don't want us to go over 40.
Pros
The friends i made working there
Cons
Mamagment
fun
team member (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 1, 2018
i really loved working fr this company the mangers where okay but i just think they can do better working as a team. and just keep working at being better problem sovers
Productive, quick paced and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 31, 2018
This was one of the better jobs i've had. The management was outstanding and the pay was good. What I can take away from the job, is that they taught me to work at a fast pace with a team oriented mindset.
Pros
Tips, employee meals and fun work enviroment
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jason's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight