Jason's Deli Employee Reviews

Found 1,121 reviews matching the search See all 1,123 reviews
Daily activity at Jasons
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 20, 2019
The job as a whole was easy . You greet the costumers and take there order . The customer is always right make sure they are satisfied at all times. When it the building is not that busy you always make sure that the salad bar is presentable because that is the one place that gets the most visits from customers in the building . In my area at the front i have to make sure everything is restocked from the chips to cookies all the way to the boxes all the way until my shift is over . If all of that is already good i will assist the manager on anything he need me to do .
Very busy hard work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMarch 18, 2019
Very busy all the time hard to find down time for yourself. Always on your feet and maintain staffing was difficult. Great stepping stone if you enjoy hard work.
workplace of friendly people where hospitality is first
Cashier/ Food Runner /food prep (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FL 33948March 15, 2019
a typical day at work was a lot of cleaning multiple things at once while managing customer request. everyone working there is very open to new people coming into the workplace and the managers talk to you with respect. the most enjoyable part of the job was leaving for the day with free ice cream.
Pros
free ice cream, freindly people, discount food when working, free drinks when not
Cons
they keep hiring new people and cut off people who dont make a difference in 2 weeks
Productive work place with kind staff
Busser/Server/Cashier/Salad Line (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 14, 2019
I worked in four different positions and enjoyed three of them.

Bussing is easy, but obviously dirty work. Some people leave tips and it is never specified who the tips go to??? I helped a busser and we would split tips sometimes.

Salad Line was the most enjoyable job. You just keep the salad line clean, restock, help customers, things like that. Very simple. When you have nothing to do you are asked to help servers.

Serving was a job that kept me on my feet. There are rules about how the tray is to be carried and what is put on the plate but it doesn't always make sense. For example, you are supposed to always bring a knife, but...not all customers need one and an unused clean knife just gets put with dirty ones when tables are cleaned.

I worked cashier a few times, but I was moved to other positions after training. I did not like being cashier. It's much more stressful than all other positions.

Coworkers were enjoyable to work with, and I made a few friends.

Hardest part of the job was not being able to satisfy/help customers who were displeased with food portions or the way food is cooked. People expect JD to be more like a restaurant but it's just an expensive fast food joint. Food is microwaved or sent through a large toasting machine, there is no special food prep as there might be at another deli.

I appreciated my managers. I had three that came in every week, and I met the Branch Manager and someone even higher up a few times. They would help with work, and were encouraging and kind.
Pros
Cookies taste good, Free lunch you make yourself, You can work multiple positions, Friendly co-workers, Good management helps with work
Cons
Minimum wage, Sometimes required to work overtime without warning
It's okay if you want to work your life away with no real goals
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 13, 2019
I work ALOT. For little pay. I'm super reliable and they'll take advantage of that. Every time they hire someone new, management doesn't give proper training or really any real look into what the job entails do they don't last long. And I'm the only person that can pick up the slack. I just feel like I deserve more.
Pros
Driving reimbursement
Cons
Low pay grade
Poor Management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 13, 2019
When I was working here, I was insulted by the General Manager. I also saw my friends girlfriend be sexually harassed by the same person. It made me uncomfortable so i left.
Pretty good overall
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 12, 2019
Working at night is never fun, but since you know coming in, it's not too bad. Management is pretty helpful and decently hands on, not overbearing. Overall good experience.
Eh
LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 12, 2019
Good company for those who are just starting off in the industry. I do not have much more to say about the company at the moment. Just be careful who you trust.
fun place to work, productive
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 12, 2019
Due to my training in most areas, I was rotated through different work areas according to their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the collaboration between employees and supportive management.
Pros
discounted meals, employee relations
Cons
difficulty covering shifts for day off
Food
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 11, 2019
Working with food is not bad, you just have to be willing to get the job done. The hardest part would be working with difficult customers. It is best to make sure they are happy with the service, so you will need to help them as much as possible.
unsure
Jason's Deli (Former Employee) –  texarkanaMarch 8, 2019
great place to work for it being my first job had to relocated for better opportunities , if i had to work with the company again will definelty go back
stressful
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 6, 2019
Do not get this job if you want to have a life outside of it. It is demanding. Impossible to go to school while working here, barely any tips, favoritism. The only thing i liked was the friends i made.
Fast working pace
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 4, 2019
Overall Jason’s deli is a very fast working spot with great managers and a wonderful opportunities. The managers run everything very well and the tasks are easy.
Pros
70% off, healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
A stupendous place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the Position at Jason's was every time one of the customers that always recognized me came in and asked me about my day and how everything was going. I would ask them the same questions and I always remembered their typical orders.
Dingy Job
Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 27, 2019
Just your typical dingy food industry job. You are paid minimum wage, which is typical. They will try everything they can to make sure that you do not qualify for full time benefits, including cutting you off at 39.5 hours per week.
Caterer Position Review
Caterer/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 27, 2019
Depending on location tips can be very good most days out of the week. Most managers are friendly and most employees end up having a professional friendship after a few weeks of working.
Pros
50% off meals
Very stressful enviroment
Cashier/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 25, 2019
I loved working when I first started. I was taking delivery orders but I made a mistake one day and they took my hours away from me but I stayed until I found a better opportunity
Cons
Sometimes no break
Fast paced. Can be fun
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXFebruary 22, 2019
They never gave me enough hours, I would sometimes work one day a week for 2 or 3 hours.. It was NOT ENOUGH to pay bills. My availability was very open too. The owner is VERY nice. However the manager was not, he would yell at you for little things. He would get frustrated if he had to show you how to do or make something more than once. It can get very stressful at lunch time.
Pros
50% off a meal days you work
Cons
Rude and Lazy manager.
fast paced environment, hard working employees
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXFebruary 22, 2019
Clock-In, communicate with manager see how the restaurant;s going for the day, check and restock anything needed, in front first, then the back. verify with employees your work section and begin your work day.
Pros
employess discount, great food!
Cons
not enough hours
Fast paced rushes, extremely slow dead times
Server and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Overall, pretty consistent and communicative management. Somewhat unbalanced work loads amongst staff at times. Could be frustrating at times to find work to do simply to maintain the appearance of looking busy.
Pros
Fair discount on food
Cons
Discount only during shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jason's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Jason's Deli.

Powered by Comparably