Jason's Deli Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great tips as a Delivery Driver, but nothing else.
Catering Assistant, Driver, Cashier (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXApril 3, 2018
The culture of the workplace depends a lot on the managers, where some will just sit around on their phone doing nothing and others will simply abuse their position of power. The main problems are the shift supervisors not knowing what they're doing or think they're more important than they are.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
no set time for you to leave
Just another restaurant job where you work hard for lousy pay and are taken advantage of.
Order Taker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 2, 2018
I worked part-time here in high school, starting as a cashier. It’s just another basic restaurant job. I worked hard and did anything they needed, which was a mix of every other position at the restaurant. It’s pretty quick-paced and I was always doing something. The only reason I quit was due to low pay for how hard I worked and my rare requests for time off due to school work were not met. Overall, school was more important than my part-time job at Jason’s Deli.
Welcome environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 31, 2018
When working at Jason’s, you become family and the managers do everything possible to make you feel welcome. From the day I started to the day I finished, I made genuine bonds with my coworkers and am still close to them to this day.
Pros
Discounts when working.
Cons
Long days, short breaks.
Its a job
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 28, 2018
I highly recommend this job for teenagers or people who just need an easy second job. This job is flexible. I've seen people work there for years and enjoy it.
Pros
Raises and discounts on delicious food.
Cons
low pay
Very Fast-Paced
Delivery Driver/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXMarch 27, 2018
Clocking in at Jason's Deli.
Checking the temp chart to correctly make sure food was at right temperature.
Cooking and making all the food in 6 minutes or less
Providing incredible Customer Service for the guests
Pros
Healthy Food
Cons
no breaks
dish washer
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 27, 2018
well when i first get to work i quickly clock in and then straighten up the chairs make sure that there comfortable for the customer then mop the floors then attend any dishes that are needed to be washed.
great place to work
Restaurant Manager (FOH & BOH) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2018
Growing company with ample room to grow. Family oriented culture with caring upper management. Learned a lot about myself and the business from my boss. great management staff, friendly and always willing to help. I can not recall anything hard about my job. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I worked with and customers.
Pros
great benefits, free meals for management, great culture
Cons
n/a
Great company with a good outlook
Delivery Driver/ Cashier/ Line Cook (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 25, 2018
I enjoyed working here - the management and staff were in sync with each other and communication flowed both ways. They were very focused on promoting within and they took steps to fix known issues immediately.
Pros
Free lunches of great food
Cons
Picky customers
Love Love Love
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAMarch 24, 2018
If there was one closer to where I moved I’d go back in a heartbeat! It’s very fast paced and keeps you on your toes but this company truly cares
About you! I was working up until 9 months pregnant they made sure to accommodate and help!
Pros
They actually care about you
Cons
None!
Eviorment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 23, 2018
I love Jason's deli , there a great company to work for . They don't pay for the amount of work they want you to do. however they are awesome at getting their breaks and they're wonderful ppl
N/a
cashier, stocker, and occasional line cook (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 22, 2018
I cannot review the company because I do not feel its fair to judge a previous employer. They closed down and they gave me employment and I will be thankful.
Poor management
Cashier and Order Taker (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 17, 2018
Cashier assistance, sales. I learned how to make sandwiches, and deli soups. Management was very lazy and stayed in office most of the days time. Jasons Deli would be a great place to work with different management.
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
i loved working for jasons deli
Food service (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 14, 2018
a typical day at jasons deli where you had your daily customers who ordered the same thing, then the lunch rushes were always fun, i learned to be fast and make sure everything was always stocked because we always sold items we always had contests and won prizes. management was great always on top of everything, the hardest part of the jobs were keeping up with stocking along with serving fast customer service and keeping clean, the easiest part and more enjoyable was when we were all on the ball making it happen.
Pros
free lunches, morning shift
Cons
rushes were crazy! but booming
Good job, management needs work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 13, 2018
Jason’s is a good place to start, but is not a forever job, unless you plan on being in management or higher up. The management team is great overall, but is not always in sync with each other, which is not great communication within themselves and for the employees. My experience working with them was OK, but select employees and management made my time there worth it. The deal breaker for me was being that I’m a college student, some days I couldn’t be on the clock at times I was scheduled (unexpectedly), and schedule is created 10 days in advance without acknowledgement of other responsibilities for employees.
Pros
Discount on food, decent breaks, employee community
Cons
Scheduling, requesting off
i love jasons deli
Delivery Driver/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 12, 2018
tips were awesome, delivery runs were almost always available on a daily. the work load continued to improve , not to much, not to slow a pace either. id recommend jason's deli, i would even consider working at jason's deli again.
Cons
short breaks
Great place for your first job!
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COMarch 9, 2018
Really teach you great work ethic! Management has great opportunities of learning for staff and really taught every memeber how to be a functioning machine in the work environment.
Pros
Great food, fun people and guests
Cons
No health benefits
very fast paced
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 8, 2018
All employees perform multiple function in this restaurant. Prep, cook, serve, clean up all done by same employees. Always pressure to get prep done on time. Lots of laughs once day started winding down, Very hard working employees.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 5, 2018
Fast paced. Intense work and rewarding. Great free food. Long hours and always on your feet. Hardly have time to take breaks. Team oriented and fun environment
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Short breaks.
Productive and really nice to the customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMarch 4, 2018
We showed patience and kindness to the customers . We were always were open to help out the customers in anything. Jasons deli is a really good play to eat.
Not enough hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 4, 2018
If you ask for more hours, don't expect them to give it to you. The managers are rude, with the exception of one or two, and will hide it behind a smile and friendly chatter. The work culture is childish within the management, while employees (mostly collage students) appear to be more respectable and adult-like. I loved working here and made sure to keep on the good side of all my managers with my head down and in my work. I don't recommend anyone working here unless you want to work 6 days in a week with only 21 hours. If your a "pretty face", they will keep up-front with no guarantee to go back of house.
Cons
not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jason's Deli. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight