Jasper Contractors Employee Reviews

2.4
Ratings breakdown
Wish you were Back in Utah
Western Region Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 31, 2018
Enjoyed working here. I was disappointed that they decided to pull out of the Utah and Colorado markets. It was a lot of hard work and long days. But was equally rewarding. It was great helping people on a daily basis with information that they were unaware of.
Pros
per diem
Cons
Long work days and work weeks.
Trainwreck.
office (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 28, 2018
Not much to add, 45 reviews, half are "1". No management or leadership, just people in charge. Whatever time you spend there will be a waste. Read between the lines on the other reviews. One manager says it's called work for a reason. Might surprise that "manager" to know people work at every company. What makes it NOT seem like work is the employees being valued and appreciated.
Pros
Office near shopping centers
Cons
Office not safe
Would not recommend
Area Sales Manager/ Field Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 9, 2018
They don’t care about their employees and do not offer help to become successful in the company. I don’t think any company would be successful if they treat you like jasper does.
Pros
Cons
Lack of training and no help from anyone
Great Opportunity For Hard Workers
Office Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 9, 2018
If you are willing to put in the work and dedication, it is very rewarding and worth it. The ability to move up is very doable if you work hard. The people are fun to work with, and make working very enjoyable.
Very stressful place to work
FORK LIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 9, 2018
Many long hours worked per day. Rarely had time to do anything except work. Supervisory set goals that were absolutely impossible to attain. Very stressful place to work at.
Good Management, nice employees
Labor Hand (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 8, 2018
Always had quality work, everyone got along well and enjoyed the job. i learned alot of carpentry, and laying pipe. skills i would be able to take all over.
It's called work for a reason
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 7, 2018
The culture is built around work ethic. If you have it and are willing to work the hours, then you can make a killing. Seriously, anyone who has made money at Jasper can tell you that it took long days to do it but paid off in the end. The job itself is not hard, just have to be willing to do it.
Pros
Free healthcare for entire family
Company not respected in roofing industry
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2017
I don't recommend this roofing company because they have a reputation for doing poor quality work with cheap materials. It was hard to work in sales for them because of the amount of complaints filed by past customers.
Pros
Good commission if you can actually get a sale
Cons
Poor management
Bitter and clicky JR High girl like men
Truck Driver Class A, machinary operator, flagger (Former Employee) –  Newton, IASeptember 8, 2017
Only a few guys were friendly and helpful at the start. They are poorly organized and very dangerous. Osha would blast them. I was instantly their best and most advanced CDL driver. Guys were pretty lazy and loved to stay stoned. Def some good and helpful people. Felt like after 2 weeks that me and the kid I started with could have ran and had their best and most productive and company money making crew.
Pros
Decent start pay, good health insurance after 90 days, Food and gas per diem, Paid for hotels outside of a 50 mile radius of main shop.
Cons
Poorly ran, organized and comunnicated. Tackiness, careless, dangerous and clicky grown men.
Shady Business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Place is poorly ran. Hired and fired new people weekly, you have 0 job security. They will fire you far before you make you benefits. They come off as snake salesmen. Frauds. Using people on the regular.
Horrible Interview Experience
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2017
I arrived 30 minutes early for my interview with this company. I had a previous interview before this where I had given my resume so when I arrived I didn't have me resume with me. The receptionist told me they couldn't interview without a resume even though I drove 30 mins to get there. The recruiter then told me because I was early I could go and print my resume at the local UPS and come back and interview. I decided to do that. When I came back to interview WITH my resume and cover letter, the receptionist then gave me the math assessment to do before I met with the hiring manager. When it was time to interview, the manager came out and told me I should have been on time for my interview and should've had my resume when I first arrived and the recruiter shouldn't have told me i could print my resume and come back for the interview. He then gave my resume back to me and refused to interview me. I told him I was initially 30 mins early so I was on time and that this doesn't seem fair as I came 30 mins out to interview with them. He said sorry but that's just the way it has to be. I told him that you for wasting my time and he told me thanks for wasting our time. They didn't even give me a chance. I did what I was told to do and I was dismissed with attitude! Very unprofessional and a complete waste of my time!!! Do not even try to get hired by this company! Obviously they have idiots for management!!
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional management, Recruiters Lie, Don't show any care at all
Crooks and Liars
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2017
Keep looking! This is not the place to go. Actually it's a huge waste of time. They say it's "standard protocol" to leave people in the waiting room and then blame them for being late. They don't even pay people for time that they worked!. I would seriously no even recommend them to replace a roof. Most of the people that work there are fine, but the management and the culture are rotten to the core.
Pros
Cons
Snake oil salesmen
Worst place to work ever
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 29, 2017
They fire everyone and use thenew guys to hand out flyers and knock on doors to the point of harassING entire neighborhoods which always end up as Copa being called or you get in trouble for leaving . Then if that case comes about you get fired for insubordination and leaving the "job site"
Pros
Cons
They waste your time and tou end up paying them
Very productive
Sheet rocking (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNJuly 11, 2017
You always had something to do so you never got the chance to really sit atound. There is great Co-workers and you could have enjoy your job and get things done right at the same time.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
The heat outside
Dont do it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2017
Please read the others that rate this company. Please do go there to work. 150 For some shoes come on. If you do not want a life go there. If you do dont go there no training like you think you should have
Can be a GREAT place to work
President (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 16, 2017
Can be great. Need to overcome some critical challenges. Like most companies that are constantly in growth mode. The key is to figuring out how to maintain a positive productive environment while still being extremely demanding in terms of results.
Pros
good pay
Cons
work life balance and culture
A select few will make real money. However most will work long hours, be treated poorly and never make a penny above the base pay.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 27, 2017
Read anyone of the dozens of reviews from former employees. You are 100% disposable pieces. No matter how well you perform the only feedback you will get is to "still some daylight, go get another one" It takes about 3 months to start earning commissions even then you have multiple goals to hit to hit before you can receive payment. For a very select few you can maintain your integrity and still make money. I lasted about 6 months and grossed over $35,000. Most of that was the last 3 months. I worked six day work weeks for six months straight. If your desperate, it a paycheck until you find something better.
Pros
base pay, truck, gas card
Cons
micromanaged, pressure, managment, ownership
coworker was nice
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working in the Orlando office with my co-worker. She was a wonderful trainer who showed me the ins and outs of the company.
Hands Down the Worst Company I ever worked for!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 3, 2017
These people are the fakest, least caring, lil puppets on a string I have ever been around. If you are not extrovert then you are looked down on for just wanting to keep to yourself and do your job. Only certain employees get certain special treatment. They train you to scam people and make you become an absolute pest to homeowners and insurance companies. And they do not care at all about the health and well being of their employees. Everyone is replaceable. I would advise you to not to do business with them and do not work there!!!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
What a Joke
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 7, 2017
If you're considering going to work for these people please keep looking elsewhere. The first thing they do is make you agree to buy a pair of roofing boots for $175 before putting you through their training course of how to BS your way into getting a homeowner to allow you to do a roof inspection to find evidence of some kind of past roof damage so they can file a claim with their insurance company. The turnover is very high but they use the new people to drum up business by making them knock on doors all day every day until they finally quit for being subjected to the BS of this con job.