Jasper Engines Employee Reviews

niece place to work
ASSOCIATE INSPECTOR, SUB/DIS-ASSEMBLER (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 11, 2019
it was very fast paced, little time to relax and enjoy your meals, short breaks. Sometimes you had to attend a meeting in your lunch time, repetitive work.
benefits
Cons
long hours in your feet
Loved this job
Lathe Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INMarch 6, 2019
Loved everything about this job from the managers to my co-workers. It is a well respected company that really takes care of it's people. Only downside is the long hours I had to work but that was due to the performance auditors coming through and jacking up our process.
Pros
great enviroment, benefits, and people
Ungrateful
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 9, 2019
Jasper Engines managment try to make it look like they care about their associates, but it's obvious to them we are just a number and they could care less about the well being of their employees.
Pros
Okay money
Cons
To many hours not enough family time
Very good job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, INJanuary 30, 2019
Can't say enough good things about jasper. Management is excellent. You get 401k and stock. Advancement is available if you want a change. Only thing I can complain about is pay. I think the pay could be better. Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Great career
Cons
Pay
Need to work on people skills and managment.
Teqm otr driver (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJanuary 1, 2019
They micromanage the managers. If tgey worried about their employees and worked with them on fixing issues their employees would stay. They require you to wear full uniforms, but don't pay for anythingbut your shirt. You have basically a 6 day work week. No respect!!!
Pros
Insurance and dr office
Cons
Bad managment
No work life balance
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INDecember 11, 2018
Ok place to work. No work life balance and more focused on hitting numbers. Some people get away with more then others. Raises aren't with it. No upfront with people during orientation about hours you will be working.
Great company with lots of internal opportunities
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INSeptember 8, 2018
Jasper Engines and Transmissions allows for plenty of opportunities, as long as you are dependable, flexible, and drive improvement. There are a lot of investments made into professional and personal development.
Communication with supervisors is open, and encouraged. It is encouraged to bring issues to attention, and look for ways to fix them.
This company does not treat you as just another employee, you become a member of its family.
Pros
Culture, 5 reviews with potential raises in the first 2 years, internal opportunities
My career
Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 31, 2018
I have been employed by Jasper Engines for 16 years. I first started as a delivery driver, was advanced to warehouse support, eventually becoming an operations manager and was recently promoted again to my current position. In my time with Jasper I like to imagine I have experienced most situations encountered by operations staff. The good far out weighs the bad. I originally came to work at Jasper in order to have a job with benefits. I have only continued to receive more benefits as the company has advanced and grown. The company continues to experience growth year after year. With a constant strive for improvement and innovation in all areas and departments, Jasper is always working at being the company of choice for both our employees and customers. I enjoy continuing to work with those in operations and share what I have learned and my experiences. I plan on remaining employed with Jasper until my retirement, a long time from now. What will keep me around is not just the excellent benefits by the high caliber of people that I have the pleasure of working with. I have "grown up" with Jasper and consider them to be a second family.
Pros
Culture, People, Benefits
Fast-paced but fair job.
Facility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, INAugust 31, 2018
I was only an intern for a summer but they were fair and had good managemnent. They had strict break times but allowed flexibillity with bathroom breaks.
Branch Deliverly Drivers Beware
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
The so called A team and upper management and company itself does not have family values. they have a very cold heart when it comes to family emergencies and needing to take off. You will get punished and they will take off points on attendance policy..If you have a immediate family member who is passing away, they will make you come to work , all they think about is the bottom line and putting customers first, sorry i think my family comes first!! all the drivers are just a number to them, they have cameras in the trucks and at all the branches,they watch you through your i pad..,and installed camera in the trucks from drive cam.. they watch and tract you every minute of the day, they even know when your engine is running at the stops, they will call you to tell you to shut off the truck.. .they make you do exercises on camera so they can make fun of you.Managers like to sit back in their easy chairs and pick on the drivers..making it hard to do your job..your on pins and needles, because they are watching you so much.. i felt very uncomfortable made me nervous trying to do my job, Company has no sick days, if you get sick you have to take a vacation day. they will work you til the dot limit and they do not allow extra time for traffic back ups you wind up using your lunch time to make up time because you get behind,they took away minutes from the stops, its hard to gain any time out on the road , i can go on and on.. please take my advice and look elsewhere for employment
Pros
non
Cons
to many to list
Run away
Team Leader Diesel Division (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INAugust 16, 2018
This is not a 9-5 job. This company will try to force it's way into every aspect of your life. In company meetings I was told how to vote, how to dress (when not at work) and what car I was "allowed" to drive if I wanted to advance.
productive, fast paced.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, INJuly 31, 2018
Jasper Engines is a decent place to work for they have good benefits, plus you also get quarterly bonuses, advancement opportunity, management is ok but i do think they have too many chiefs and not enough indians.
Productive fun workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJuly 2, 2018
Jasper Engines is a great company. The atmosphere is awesome, and you just can’t beat the work ethic of the employees. Everyone works hard and together, and management is great. Benefits are amazing as well.
Fast pace workplace with very poor management
MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Willow Springs, MOJune 20, 2018
Enjoyed working there with my co-workers but there is favoritism within management. Management also turns a blind eye to certain situations if its someone they know and like. Really enjoyed working there in the beginning but after 2 1/2 years the favoritism and lack of proper management drove me off. benefits and pay are good but not enough to stay and deal with the BS.
Pros
2 paid breaks and co-workers
Cons
Poor managment and favoritism.
Friendly and very productive place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2018
Great place to work for, very demanding and low pay. Long hours to be able to complete your work day, pressure daily from upper management, minimum training but great expectations.
Transmission Painter and Pressure Tester (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INMay 9, 2018
Fast paced and a place that will really challenge you to be the best that you can be. They have many programs that are unheard of in other companies and they take very good care of their employees.
great place to work
Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, INMay 8, 2018
Jasper is a great company the work is hard on a older person but great for young people ready to start a career. They have lots of perks for there employees more then any place I have ever worked.
Pros
They care about there people
Cons
hard fast past work
Great comapny
Off Bearer (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INApril 9, 2018
great company they wanted to move me up the chain very fast . your not going to do the same thing every day or even every 20 minutes. this is a excellent job with amazing beneifets
Poor management. Lots of lip service no action
Block machining (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INMarch 4, 2018
The work itself was interesting. Benefits were good. Poor managment. Talked a good game, didn't follow through. Wouldn't accept or appreciate truthfulness. Wasn't open to suggestions or input. Tight nit managment and people service that would work together to force out employees they had personal issue with. Dishonest and hypocritical. To many friends and family in managment. Claim to be Christian and family based company but don't treat employees as such. Spend alot of time and money on programs and ideas but don't enforce them after in place. Quality control anwers depends entirely on who you ask at what time on what day. Managment point fingers at each other and lay blame on one another behind each other's backs. Creates a hostile and disruptive work environment. Throwing away a great opportunity as a business.
Benefits
Cons
Poor managment
Work Filled
MACHINIST (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 28, 2018
Never a lack of work. always a jam packed day. Sometimes not enough time to get the scheduled work done. Overtime always called later than needed. Management did not listen to employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jasper Engines. Our community is ready to answer.