Jasper Engines Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Great company with lots of internal opportunities
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INSeptember 8, 2018
Jasper Engines and Transmissions allows for plenty of opportunities, as long as you are dependable, flexible, and drive improvement. There are a lot of investments made into professional and personal development.
Communication with supervisors is open, and encouraged. It is encouraged to bring issues to attention, and look for ways to fix them.
This company does not treat you as just another employee, you become a member of its family.
Pros
Culture, 5 reviews with potential raises in the first 2 years, internal opportunities
Run away
Team Leader Diesel Division (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INAugust 16, 2018
This is not a 9-5 job. This company will try to force it's way into every aspect of your life. In company meetings I was told how to vote, how to dress (when not at work) and what car I was "allowed" to drive if I wanted to advance.
Good place to work, but the pay advancement is not very good
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJuly 7, 2015
I have learned more about engines and the fine details about them, than I ever thought I would. There are many small details that common people don't think about that go into the building of an engine. Management does a pretty good job, but the upper management could spend more time out on the floor with the associates. We hardly ever see them. My co-workers are great people. We all get along (for the most part), we have fun and joke around, and still get what needed to done. I can honestly say that my co-workers are one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. One of the hardest parts of my job would be the fact that since my area supports the assembly pods, I have to work with the whole division and keep them posted on the progress of the parts they need that we process.
Pros
Health clinic on campus, free lunches, sodas and snacks at morning breaks
Cons
short breaks, long hours, hourly pay on the low side