Jasper Engines Employee Reviews

Nice place to work with nice gym there too
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, INMay 12, 2017
A good steady job but employees are under paid for the intensity and physicality of the nature of the jobs. They do have some pretty good benefits to kind of make up for the lack of pay.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, INApril 30, 2017
Good company to work for. Manager was great. It's a very productive work place and only for people willing to put in the hard work. I enjoyed it there.
Pros
Free lunch some days
Cons
Lack of "forward thinking" management and marketing
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INApril 17, 2017
Jasper Engines and Transmissions is a great company if you live in an affordable region of the US.(and only the affordable areas). The company itself builds a superior product but pays a meager wage vs the rest of the market.They have a substandard marketing and management structure built around a very small, Southern Indiana principle and more than not gets lost in more progressive, higher populated areas.

Jasper Engines has very small space for advancement, and even then you will be faced with increased work load with a VERY small raise in pay.
Pros
American/Employee Owned
Cons
Work/Life balance is an afterthought
Great company to work for
Outside Factory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  UNITED STATES OF AMERICAMarch 17, 2017
Spent day seeing customers in territory
Good work life balance
bi-monthly sales meetings
Great training
Health benefits not up to par
professional workplace
Pros
Great training
Cons
Health benefits and compensation
Its a very friendly work place, great experience with lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
Conveyence Worker (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INMarch 14, 2017
Its a very good place to work, they appreciate all that you do there. You work a lot, but they make it worth it for you. Good people and the training is there when you need it.
Pros
Free snacks, free drinks at break
Cons
Long hours, weekends
Steady work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJanuary 14, 2017
Good benefits, less than average pay. Continuous change and improvements. Growth over the last few years has made it challenging to keep up with demand.
Gas Parts Puller (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJuly 31, 2016
Fast-paced productive work environment. Very production focused management. Working for a factory with so many different teams and supervisors is challenging depending on what supervisor you work for and what department you work in. Some departments are better than others. A typical day at work consists of mandatory overtime, and pressure from supervisor to meet goals constantly and consistently. Peers are also encouraged to hold each other to work flow standards and help each other out. The most challenging part of the job is feeling appreciated and listened to by supervisors and the end of a long work week. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working together with co-workers to complete the work load in a reasonable amount of time.
Pros
Day shift only, overtime
Cons
company minded supervisors, not employee minded
Engine Tear Down
Engine Tear Down (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJune 3, 2016
Most days are good and everyone works together. I have learned how engines are taken apart and cleaned. We all have to work together as a team to function.
Excellent place to have increased my accounts receivable experience.
Accounts Receivable Generalist (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 6, 2016
Heavy phone intake. Constant problem solving. Co-workers definitely work as a team. Hardest part of job is researching account issues from previous years and previous associates. Most enjoyable part of the job is building a rapport with customers. Most gratifying part of the job is when you help a customer solve their receivables/payables questions.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Working late shifts
First ever job. It was a nice place to work. It was easy work.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJanuary 3, 2016
Sweeping and cleaning facility after workers left. A lot of cleaning everyday. Had few hours during the week and came into work after school.
Pros
worked with my cousin
Cons
few hours
great company to work for.
team member (Former Employee) –  Carefree, INAugust 5, 2015
very productive company.we would have assigned jobs to do daily.and a quota to get out.so many things from working there.from mechanics to learning how to team leadership.learned to work as a team player.hardest part for me was physcial.most enjoyable part was learning hands on.and comunication.
Pros
free friut at break, soft drinks also
Cons
not alot of cons, maybe hard work
Payed the bills, but left no time for home life
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PAAugust 4, 2015
Local management is good but their hands are tied by head office "policy". Unable to see things on an individual localized basis. This has been the company downfall for years, as they are based in rural Indiana and trying to operate in major metropolitan markets.
Pros
newer equipment
Cons
long hours, unscheduled time off when business is slow. Company is self insured, and benefits are lacking. Extremely dishonest upper management
Good place to work, but the pay advancement is not very good
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJuly 7, 2015
I have learned more about engines and the fine details about them, than I ever thought I would. There are many small details that common people don't think about that go into the building of an engine. Management does a pretty good job, but the upper management could spend more time out on the floor with the associates. We hardly ever see them. My co-workers are great people. We all get along (for the most part), we have fun and joke around, and still get what needed to done. I can honestly say that my co-workers are one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. One of the hardest parts of my job would be the fact that since my area supports the assembly pods, I have to work with the whole division and keep them posted on the progress of the parts they need that we process.
Pros
Health clinic on campus, free lunches, sodas and snacks at morning breaks
Cons
short breaks, long hours, hourly pay on the low side
productive and fun enviroment
Production worker (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INJune 4, 2015
plant works on a pod basis. the pod i worked in was very team oriented. if had not been moving out of state would of never left this job
Low Wages
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INMay 26, 2015
Wages just not competitive for skilled labor work. The place seemed like they take care of their people otherwise. But how could it be anything more than a stepping stone if they don't pay their people? And that equals a high turnover rate.
Pros
Free food in break room. In-house wellness clinic.
Cons
Pay
Hard work
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INFebruary 12, 2015
Very detailed oriented place. But don't make a mistake because there is no such thing as job security. You are replaceable. Seems like the people who advance are people who have a certain name.
fast paced and a bit micromanaged.
Sales Representatives (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 22, 2014
Start work and at the first account at 8am. Workout throughout the day until 5pm.

I have learned a lot about pricing and vehicle components beyond my already extensive previous knowledge.

Management has somewhat of a sink or swim mentality, and has put me in risk in driving situations due to their fast pace and lack of regard to traffic laws and safety. Ambiguous rules.

Since coworkers are in another territory, we do not interact much.

The hardest part of the job is adopting the abrasive company culture that cares more about sales than wellbeing.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the direct correlation between hard work and results. The more effort you put in, the more results you get, and the effort is not complicated.
Pros
simple job, mechanical, results are easy to see, and computer system is easy to use.
Cons
risky, lack care for employee wellbeing, abrasive, too much gossip about other employee issues, ie repromands, alcohol abuse, and disagreements.
solid company
Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  Jasper, INNovember 17, 2014
I would be on a lathe for most of the day. I also used the mill press.This is a close knit company. They pay average but they have all kinds of benefits, and treat the workers grat.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
average pay
First Job
Order Selector and Receiver (Former Employee) –  michiganSeptember 26, 2014
a nice place to work, treat employees with respect. This was my first job after high school
ground cranks and cams
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Carefree, INJune 30, 2014
ground cams and cranks for engines. I learned to run a grinder and a polisher.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Jasper Engines. Our community is ready to answer.