JAVA CAFE Employee Reviews

Great place
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNDecember 24, 2018
The owner was nice. I loved the atmosphere and making the coffee. I loved the costumers and I made pretty good tips. I would definitely recommend working there.
Solid ingredients
Barista (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 25, 2018
Java Cafe uses solid ingredients and coffees. The management is fair, and the location is in a busy area, so it is expected for employees to maintain a high-volume pace.
Fun workplace but poor management
Barista and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Working at Java has taught me a lot. Mainly because it was my first job. I’ve had great experiences with my coworkers, but Java lacks good management.
Pros
Free lunches, discounts
Cons
No benefits, late schedule, no stability/ structure
It is an amazing place to work.
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Working at Java Cafe is a pretty cool experience and you learn a lot along the way. If you love coffee you'll like working there even more. The managers are great and the grand majority of the customers are very nice and friendly.
Pros
Fast paced and great place to work.
Cons
Pay rate is only 8.50
great relaxing job
Food Preparation Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 30, 2017
Well if you follow your job description everything is smooth sailing along with fun at the same time you meet new soldiers an new comers to the point you adapt to there daily routine but in all its fun everything is very easy to comprehend and under stand management is outstanding just need to make a few more changes more pay raises or benefits because they are not main raise but there is no benefits
Pros
great staff an management
Cons
no benefits or paid holidays
Barista
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 5, 2017
Great atmosphere to work in lots of fun and good company. I did great working here . I loved it . And can not wait to experience more jobs like this one .
Food Service Worker,cashier (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALApril 7, 2016
The management is unprofessional. THey don/t help when other employees are out. You have to call the director all the time.
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 30, 2015
I enjoyed cheering up the patients there i learned to manage whole a complete coffee stand on my own unfortunately i only had one co worker that was a team player but i was always able to exceed on my sales
Pros
free snack and coffee loved my customers
Cons
no breaks poor organization and team work
Free WiFi
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 22, 2013
A typical day at work was coming in setting up the register, preparing the food. While i was there I Learned how to adjust to the different types of military lifes and how to make different types of drinks and food.The managment there was ok the first couple of months and after a while it started to slack.The people that i have worked with are great.My job started off hard because i had to learn how to make the different drinks and prepare the different foods but it got better.I really enjoyed working with different types of people.
A friendly and homey working environment for both the customer and the employee while still feeling professional.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMay 31, 2013
Work early in the mornings to late afternoon- I make french pressed coffee, cook, clean, and manage expenses.My co-workers and I brought good customer service to the people who came through.
Very community based. Daytime Java provided a friendly and homey working environment for both the customer and the employee while still feeling professional.
Pros
Half priced meals for employees and free coffee and a guaranteed position for me again if I return