Java Farm Supply Employee Reviews

Laid back feel
Reseptionist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 17, 2018
Nice place to work with multiple locations to choose from. Good people and managers really care. The environment is nice and there's room to grow. Equal chance regardless of race or gender.
Pros
Lunch break, room for growth
Average WNY dealership.
FIELD & SHOP SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Batavia, NYAugust 8, 2016
This is a strong and solid dealership with decent employees. I have the highest respect for the owners and their company. They truly are good people who strive to run a good honest business.

This is a dealership made up of good people that are put in the wrong places. Many people were hired and left during my employment, some good and others not so good. To me, it appears that they follow the "everyone can add value to the company" attitude; to which, I do believe in. My issue in this regard is when you are unofficially now responsible for coworkers who are far less skilled and potentially dangerous to the work environment. There was not any type of orientation or any real company training. It's difficult to stay on task when other employees are unable to perform at the level that is required.

The management lines are blurred and I found it personally difficult to understand the expectations of the tasks I was given. I found it too often that you are left out of the loop on what you were actually supposed to do. For example, you would be told to go repair a machine in the field given the wrong location of the machine, or without any information of what was actually wrong with it. Often sent out with the trial by fire method and hope you can resolve the customer's issue without too much hassle. Lack of work in the winter and "busy" work such as washing equipment and sweeping floors.

The reason I left this company because it was like a major league ball player playing on a minor league team. This was due to the constant conflicting messages and directives
  more... from different managers. It seemed the rules would be changed every week with a policy of "last time it seemed to be ok, but from now on...". It's hard to focus on the task at hand when the rules of the game are constantly changing.  less
Pros
Generous and understanding ownership with great professionalism.
Cons
Lack of clear and direct communication/organization.
Fasted paced enviroment that is trying to grow.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  North Java, NYFebruary 1, 2014
I represent an Ag equipment dealer that is trying to grow from a “mom and pop” mentality to a more structured business, without losing site of customer service. Good employers, but they struggle to manage and lead their staff.
Coworkers are great people to work with. Employees struggle to understand directions owners wish to take the business. The environment can be stressful at times, but the rewards are knowing that we have helped a customer; the rewards are worth the frustration.
I have a long history working in a corporate structure, when I came to this organization I learned that there are times where money and profit is not the ultimate goal.
The biggest challenge is trying to understand where the owners are taking the business; they are trying to become larger. I fear they forget to keep their management staff updated with their vision. This makes it difficult to lead the staff I am responsible for. I am very proud to represent JFS, however I sometimes do not know what direction the owners want to go. I am a strong believer in leading by inspiration not by dictation.
I truly enjoy working with the service staff and fellow mgrs. I also enjoy working with the customers in helping them solve their product issues and answering technical questions. I love sharing my experiances with those who listen and are eager to learn. I am a "hands on manager" with out micro-managing staff I am responsible for. I am proud of the accomplishments I have made for my current and past employers.
Pros
Good staff to work with
Cons
Owners have poor management practices.